AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2003-12-18, 00:01   Link #1
Seiru

What is WITH the animation lately?

Seriously...look back at episodes 10-19. The animation was so great...but since then, there was been a steady decline in animation quality, with just a few important episodes getting special treatment (Sasuke's fight with Orochimaru, Rock Lee's fight with Gaara).

Shouldn't the animation quality be higher now that Naruto is on at "primetime"? This means the show should be getting more viewers, right? And more viewers = more money?

Ehh, I'm just dissapointed that Naruto's fight with Neji had such lackluster animation, even though it was important. Makes me think that all episodes in the future (even the real important ones) will have bad animation.

Makes ya think....
Old 2003-12-18, 00:16   Link #2
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
What is WITH people posting this same topic over and over?
Old 2003-12-18, 00:18   Link #3
Lost World
Banned

Did you ever stop to think that they are saving up for the big fights?

Neji vs. Naruto wasn't that big of a fight in the long run...

Now, Sasuke vs Gaara...Naruto vs. Gaara...these will be the fights that have insane high animation...I'd bet anything on this.

Oh...and we can't forget about a huge battle after that...
Old 2003-12-18, 00:21   Link #4
Kuai

If you think the animation sucks then go draw it yourself
Old 2003-12-18, 00:27   Link #5
Seiru

Wow, argument of the year right there.

But seriously guys, you can't deny that the overall quality lately is just plain low...see my first post for questions about this....
Old 2003-12-18, 00:31   Link #6
Shii
Afflicted by the vanities
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuai
WTF is that supposed to mean, Naruto isn't produced by volunteers.
Old 2003-12-18, 00:34   Link #7
Lost World
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiru

Wow, argument of the year right there.

But seriously guys, you can't deny that the overall quality lately is just plain low...see my first post for questions about this....
Did you read my post?

Seriously, what fight recently has been important enough to warrant high-quality animation?

None.

Neji vs. Naruto - Oh please...what was so important about this fight? It has no effect on anything in the long run other than changing Neji's perspective about Naruto. Nothing about it really matters. Why waste the budget?

Frankly, the animators have like, a 7 fight stretch of IMPORTANT fights coming up that have to be highly animated or fans will KILL. Among them:

SPOILERS!!!!

Sasuke vs. Gaara (Primiere of the Chidori)
Naruto vs. Gaara
3rd Hokage vs. Orochimaru
ITACHI VS SASUKE
NARUTO VS. SASUKE
...and I forget, but I'm pretty sure there were one or two more in there...

And I bet dollars to doughnuts that at least two of those fights will blow every other one we've seen so far away.

So have some patience.
Old 2003-12-18, 00:34   Link #8
Esperchld
Photographer

Why don't you write them a letter demanding higher quality art. Unless you are backing it with a big cheque they won't care. You aren't paying for it so why should they make it better for you? Your bitching about it will make no difference. It is good enough for the people backing the animation groups (more than one most likely) and they are the ones paying for it. If they don't like what they see, they have 3 options. Kill the series, find new sponsors, or make better artwork. Bitching on a forum won't change the way the artwork is, you need to bitch to the sponsors, the animation studios, or the project directors. Bitching here makes no difference.

Go read the manga, it is better anyways (granted it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere the way it is currently released in the US, but go figure).

And yes, the artwork will most likely get better as we get past the filler section of Naruto and back into the meat.
Old 2003-12-18, 02:02   Link #9
Dopeskills
Thigh Master

Send a message via ICQ to Dopeskills Send a message via AIM to Dopeskills Send a message via MSN to Dopeskills
Sasuke Uchiha USE SPOILER TAGS DAMMIT !!!!
Old 2003-12-18, 05:11   Link #10
duncankid
~jeRvArno~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esperchld
Go read the manga, it is better anyways (granted it doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell of getting anywhere the way it is currently released in the US, but go figure).

And yes, the artwork will most likely get better as we get past the filler section of Naruto and back into the meat.
i read the manga, for action scene i prefer the anime, i cant really understand wat the manga is showing, the action is juz too confusing to be draw as still pic... it needs animation...

personally i dun find that the quality of animating has drop and the only down point is that the story is taking to draggy... it need 3 esp to finish the naruto fight with neji which doesnt has any meaning in it...

how abt later with garaa....it will take even longer man...

juz be patient man, wait for the next esp and enjoyed it..
Old 2003-12-18, 05:25   Link #11
Fei-san
Monkeykyou Sharingan

Since we are whining about stuff that we cant change anything about, in episode 61 a little bit in the beginning it looks like they are using flash animation when neji is fighting the clones
Old 2003-12-18, 06:20   Link #12
brassmonkey

hmm, if u want to know.. animation isn't the only factor to make the show look good.

the soundtrack important also.
Old 2003-12-18, 08:31   Link #13
Kiva128
Kairin-chan's #1 Fan
*Artist

The reason Naruto looks better animated during the Zabuza part is because it was done by a different animation studio. I don't know exactly when but, after the Zabuza saga the series went to be animated at another studio which as you can see, isn't as good as the first one. But hey, it's still pretty good.

And need I remind you you're getting this for free? If you were paying money for this then I could understand the reason of your frustration. Just be happy you can even watch Naruto. I think some people are taking this show for granted.
Old 2003-12-18, 09:38   Link #14
Jack Zodiac
I was here!

Send a message via AIM to Jack Zodiac
Quote:
Originally Posted by '[A-Flux
after the Zabuza saga
Oooooooh... ! Gettin' a lil' too DBZ-ish here.

I wouldn't worry too much about the animation. You guys are being spoiled. Normally, this season would be over right now and the animators would be takin' a well-deserved break. But since it's so popular, they just kept on goin'. Of course the animation will wane at time. Same thing happened with Dragonball. But then, there're times when the animation is the greatest stuff ever, just like at certain points in Dragonball. When a series goes on this long and is destined to go on much longer, you can't seriously expect the quality to remain consitent.
Old 2003-12-18, 14:06   Link #15
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
well... they could have done the kyuubi chakra so you could see it..

i kept telling my friend, since the lee fight, that the neji naruto fight would be SO kickss... after it came out (he saw it, i dint) he said it sucked balls. finally i saw it, and i had to agree- it sucked balls!

showed him the manga... and he agrees that they really fucked it up. shoulda just done a slideshow of the manga.
Old 2003-12-18, 14:38   Link #16
monir
cho~ kakkoii

This thread sounds awfully familiar and I have been away for only few days!! So .. long .. and .. drawn .. out .. can't stand it!. The topics are usually the same. Disappointing animation, not-so-kickass episodes, too many falshback, etc..etc..Like Ashibaka and Kiva128 pointed out, these animations are not done by volunteers..The animators are investing real money and expecting for better returns; we the few (few counts as in thousands) lucky ones are leeching it for free..It is also too be expected these sort of "annoying things" to happen in these type of potential long series. If the series is nothing but exciting stuff in every epiosde, Naruto will loose its attraction and will be marked as another boring anime genre.. One remedy for the complainers is to stop watching the episodes for the next 10 or 20 of them but keep dling them. Then start watching again. Repeat that procdure anytime the show appears to be irritating.
Old 2003-12-18, 15:57   Link #17
hobobaggins
だいすきが大好きです!

Send a message via AIM to hobobaggins
either all of that complicated bullshit or read the damn manga and shut your face...
Old 2003-12-18, 16:08   Link #18
eLstar
(^_^)v

Definitely sounds familiar. I just might have to add a new topic on the list of topics not to post anymore...
Closed Thread