Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Web Novels

Notices

Old 2015-01-21, 21:46   Link #13001
eagle0108

im still aliiiiiive

*cough* *cough*
@dart-sama
i think the author just wants you to assume that he collects them i would think it would be quite the tedious task if he has to write down all the time he collects a magic stone and im sure hajime just looooved collecting all the magic stones from the floor with the mind controlled dinosaurs.

[side note if your still bored and want to read something closely related to the story i got a fanfic that i extremely enjoyed reading {a little bit of da plot] instead of hajime falling into the pit alone suzu is there with him in the abyss as well. really good fanfic that stay close to the story while keeping it interesting i extremely suggest you check it out if you havent links below

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web

Quote:
Originally Posted by LynnLen View Post
https://t.fakku.net/images/manga/i/[Na]_Ib_-_Ib_to_Gary-san_no_Himitsu/images/057.jpg
someones been visiting the naughty sites

you know this has been ticking me off for awhile now how the hell do you search for shit on google drive cause when ever i do it it only allows me to search thru my drive and i hate that i cant find what im looking for

Last edited by LKK; 2015-01-21 at 22:41. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
eagle0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 22:09   Link #13002
maltygos

asking for delete pls
maltygos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 22:13   Link #13003
travelingbum

Quote:
Originally Posted by eagle0108 View Post
im still aliiiiiive

*cough* *cough*
@dart-sama
i think the author just wants you to assume that he collects them i would think it would be quite the tedious task if he has to write down all the time he collects a magic stone and im sure hajime just looooved collecting all the magic stones from the floor with the mind controlled dinosaurs.

[side note if your still bored and want to read something closely related to the story i got a fanfic that i extremely enjoyed reading {a little bit of da plot] instead of hajime falling into the pit alone suzu is there with him in the abyss as well. really good fanfic that stay close to the story while keeping it interesting i extremely suggest you check it out if you havent links below

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...&usp=drive_web
Quote:
someones been visiting the naughty sites
Quote:
you know this has been ticking me off for awhile now how the hell do you search for shit on google drive cause when ever i do it it only allows me to search thru my drive and i hate that i cant find what im looking for
didn't feel like hitting the edit button after the first one?

searching for shit on google drive? you mean like just searching for other peoples drives? don't think you can do that.

unless you mean the ctrl f for finding a word or something.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maltygos View Post
asking for delete pls
you can edit and delete your own post. lol
travelingbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 22:20   Link #13004
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
You use the aps or web browser? Aps is easier.
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 22:27   Link #13005
eagle0108

got it ive been using the web browser and i think there should be a function to locate open to public drives

sorry im a very scatter brained guy if you cant tell. also find it sorta weird to post multiple ideas,questions,responds that have nothing to do together in the same box just feels off to me
eagle0108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 23:27   Link #13006
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corvo269 View Post
Hajime is suffieciently smart. As a 17 year old his maturity, level head and cunning(1st time in the dungeon for reference) is more than most of his classmates and he's physical skills were average, not terrible, Hajime didn't get any stat boosts because of his class itself so I don't think your explanation works. also all their stats demonstrate their physical and magic power not their mental strength. If it did Kouki would be at the bottom 2 with Hajime and Shizuku in 1st and 2nd place

No he was not sufficiently smart nor average in physical skills otherwise, he wouldn't have been the weakest and least skilled in the whole class once they got there. He was a dork and a dweeb back in Japan albeit a kind hearted one. His reason for going to the library to read books was to get away from practice.

As far as surviving in the bottom dungeon, it was mostly due to miracle and happenstance. It also helped that he was out of his mind/senses when he decided that he was going to live and survive to get back home.

But this is what made him the character that everyone loves because he was a nobody who became somebody great even at impossible odds.
Armando99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 23:36   Link #13007
Waxman

Erm... I believe that Hajime's analisis of Ishtar's speech and behavior at the beginning showed a great insight.
That and his creative way to use the transmutation skill in combat showed that he had from the beginning a good head, his main deffect was his naivety.
Waxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-21, 23:42   Link #13008
HandofFate

I started reading this, but kind of losing interest when he started just eating things every chapter, and it seemed he was going to turn into a dark hero or character.

Does he end up turning into a jerk?
Old 2015-01-21, 23:45   Link #13009
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waxman View Post
Erm... I believe that Hajime's analisis of Ishtar's speech and behavior at the beginning showed a great insight.
That and his creative way to use the transmutation skill in combat showed that he had from the beginning a good head, his main deffect was his naivety.

No matter how you try to sugarcoat it, he was what he was but that was then He is who he is now after his baptism by fire.

@HandofFAte;
Yes, you can say he turned into a big jerk. He is slowly getting better though.
Old 2015-01-21, 23:50   Link #13010
Xacual

That's not really sugarcoating it though, Hajime showed that he was much smarter and more capable than the other classmates despite his low stats and non fighting class. Sure in a direct fight against any of the classmates he would have lost, but direct 1 on 1 fights aren't really what win group combat or larger scale battles.

Also he was ostracized by his classmates because of Kaori's attention to him not because he was a dork or a dweeb as you put it. Yes he was an otaku sort of because of his parents but that's not why he was treated like shit.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 00:03   Link #13011
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armando99 View Post
No he was not sufficiently smart nor average in physical skills otherwise, he wouldn't have been the weakest and least skilled in the whole class once they got there. He was a dork and a dweeb back in Japan albeit a kind hearted one. His reason for going to the library to read books was to get away from practice.
Eh, he is quite smart actually. Considering that he managed to use what was supposedly a non-combat skill in a combat situation efficiently, recreated things he saw from his world using this world's material - guns, bikes, create new things - airships, he's quite smart for his age. (Gaining Age of God magic =/= becoming smarter)

His reason for going to the library - in the new world - was just not to get away from practice but to get informations about this new world.

Also, using the "wouldn't have been the weakest and least skilled in the whole class once they got there" explanation isn't good, since we don't know his actual class scores. He could have been average - middle of the class - for all we know.
Old 2015-01-22, 00:38   Link #13012
Armando99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
That's not really sugarcoating it though, Hajime showed that he was much smarter and more capable than the other classmates despite his low stats and non fighting class. Sure in a direct fight against any of the classmates he would have lost, but direct 1 on 1 fights aren't really what win group combat or larger scale battles.

Also he was ostracized by his classmates because of Kaori's attention to him not because he was a dork or a dweeb as you put it. Yes he was an otaku sort of because of his parents but that's not why he was treated like shit.

But he was a true otaku and a chuni as well. And this is what makes him a dork and a dweeb.

We will never know but one of the other characters might have done as well as he did, once put to the same situation he went through.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that he was much smarter or more capable. He was just reacting to the situation he found himself in, prior to the fall.

This does not mean I don't like his character. No indeed, it is because of all this weaknesses, which he pretty much conquered, that makes me like him even more.
Old 2015-01-22, 00:44   Link #13013
Xacual

Quote:
But he was a true otaku and a chuni as well. And this is what makes him a dork and a dweeb.

We will never know but one of the other characters might have done as well as he did, once put to the same situation he went through.

I wouldn't go so far as to say that he was much smarter or more capable. He was just reacting to the situation he found himself in, prior to the fall.

This does not mean I don't like his character. No indeed, it is because of all this weaknesses, which he pretty much conquered, that makes me like him even more.
I'm pretty sure he was more of a military otaku than a anime/manga one. I mean he liked manga and anime and stuff because of his parents but that's not the same. He was chuuni in the past, he wasn't chuuni anymore by the time the story started. No reason to keep calling him a dork or a dweeb when quite honestly we have no idea how he was in school honestly. Like I said before, he was ostracized not because of any hobbies he might have had but because of Kaori.

Yes he was reacting to the situation he found himself in and he made the correct decisions unlike the rest of the class when put in a very dangerous situation with the behemoth. How we react to sudden events is absolutely how we show our capability.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 01:02   Link #13014
Kenmaoni

Quote:

Ok I'm normaly quite and I like reading the posts that everyone puts up but Armando99 are you high! Hajime Was never a dweeb or a dork. He loved what his parents did for a living game designer and a shoujo mangaka. He plan his life out to follow in there footsteps. I find that very admirable. Did we not go over this once before. So has the class in the WBN. Can you please got off your high horse and read the words for what they are and not interpret them to your liking (like a certain someone in the story)

Even if they asked him to “fix” his hobbies, his hobbies was at the center of his life. Because, his father was a game creator and his mother was a shoujo mangaka, in the future he wanted to get a partime job at his father’s company or mother’s workplace.

He was already practicing his skills, and all his hobbies were perfect for his plans. Hajime did not feel like changing his life style because he had given serious thoughts about it already. If Kaori had not taken an interest in Hajime, he would have lived a quiet student life.

For Shimizu Yukitoshi, to be summoned to a different world was the dream he yearned for. Because he knew that was impossible, every day he was dreaming by a reading book in his hand or web novels. In his dream, he saved a lot of worlds, though he didn’t know if he went towards the Happy End with the heroines. Inside Shimizu’s room, the walls couldn’t be seen as they were buried by posters of beautiful girls, and inside the glass rack at one of the walls were his favorite beautiful girl figures with improper poses lined up in such a cramped place. His bookshelf was filled with manga, light novels, thin books, and eroges, while the ones that couldn’t be put there were all over the room as they made towers.

That’s right, Shimizu Yukitoshi was a genuine otaku. However, there’s no one among the classmates who knew that fact. That’s because Shimizu himself thoroughly hid it. There was no need to talk about his reasons. He had seen the classmates’ attitude towards Hajime, that’s why there was no way he could become an open otaku.

And I note Hajime wasn't an otaku

Last edited by LKK; 2015-01-22 at 09:47. Reason: posts merged. don't post multiple times in a row. edit instead.
Kenmaoni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 01:39   Link #13015
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

yeah, hajime is leveled headed and shows a decent capacity but most of the classroom also notice the lies and falsehood of the summoners. it just kouki's influences caused them to mindlessly follow the the church.

by smart i mean academic smart, not tactical or strategic smart. its clear hajime falls in the tactical department of smart.

definitely agree shimizu is the true asshole end of the otaku culture.

but hajime was still an open otaku but not heavy closet otaku like shimizu was.
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 01:59   Link #13016
rantaid

being closet otaku is certainly unhealthy obsession, so better let them out....
rantaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 02:13   Link #13017
Ghiest Cid

Quote:
Originally Posted by rantaid View Post
being closet otaku is certainly unhealthy obsession, so better let them out....
Unless you live where you would be executed for it or lynch by a mob.

Spoiler for dream:
Ghiest Cid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 02:49   Link #13018
Corvo269

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowSamurai365 View Post
Truth be told, that was one of the major issues I had when Hajime decided to use a gun as a weapon. I don't actually have a problem with him using it. The problem was that I wondered where he would find the materials needed for him to either create new things or restock on certain items. I was wondering where he'll find the necessary materials/ores needed to restock on bullets. Like you've have stated, the only times he seemingly gets the rare ores/materials were in the Great Dungeon (I can somehow see that being true for Orcus; since not only where there a lot materials lying around at the end of the dungeon, but also he might explore the areas he already passed to find certain ores). The only times I've seen the "bullet issue" not being a problem was for a character in Black Cat (it was some gunman that was using Ki as bullets), along with a female character (unless she was actually using bullets and I didn't noticed) in Chrome Shelled Regios (the sort-of gothic witch that curse like a sailor). Actually, I thought that he would different types of bullets (besides rubber) for his weaponry.

As for the expectations by others, I had to actually agree with you on that part. I'm not sure how Hajime would've progressed normally (although others in the forums did point out some possibilities on how he would grow). I guess it just irks me that just did that without actually trying to figure out if there was some potential. This makes me wonder how do the residence of the world learn new abilities. "Do they only learn abilities of their own class?" or "Is it possible to learn of a few abilities from something not from your class?".
He doesn't stock up outside mainly because he can imbue minerals with magical properties with creation magic so he can turn any rock into the materials needed for a bullet or he just stocked up a fuckton since he had enough materials to build a submarine and an airship with living quarters, bath and a outdoor platform without running out even if he never re-stocked his supplies outside
Corvo269 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 02:51   Link #13019
kiraxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisdrakoni View Post
Regarding your questions:
Spoiler for Answers:
oh i see.. it make sense now
maybe when i read the next chapter i will check and discuss it in here, read mtl alone is
kiraxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-01-22, 02:55   Link #13020
DemiDomo
Rest in peace Monty.

hajime only weakness seems to be if his treasure ring gets sealed or taken away.

his ammo and resources seem to be limitless. there really no clear explanation where hes getting so many raw material but like someone said maybe hes converting material using creation magic.

the only time he clearly ran out of ammo was for the rocket launcher and i think his sniper rifle during the 60k mob rush for UI for up to chapter 79(thats where i am still lol).
DemiDomo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baka yuusha, chuunibyou, complete, demons, dimension traveling, fantasy, firearms, harem, isekai, magitech, rabbitgirl, summoned, true harem, tsundere male mc, webnovel