AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Shana

Notices

View Poll Results: Shakugan no Shana II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 36 40.45%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.96%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 19.10%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 3.37%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 1.12%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-02, 00:42   Link #141
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Poor Yuji can't win. After two seasons of whining about him being a puss, he snaps an old dude's neck like a chicken and now we hear complaints that he used screaming to succesfully warn Tanaka and save the city? He needs to just give it up now.
Old 2008-03-02, 08:38   Link #142
Toreno
すごい!

I think everyone here would start to scream if he/she's going to be killed by a badass looking bounty hunter on a killing spree.
I feel sorry for Yuji, he's trying so hard, but nobody respects him.
Old 2008-03-02, 09:15   Link #143
Owaranai Destiny
Nick of Time~

Send a message via AIM to Owaranai Destiny Send a message via MSN to Owaranai Destiny
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toreno View Post
I think everyone here would start to scream if he/she's going to be killed by a badass looking bounty hunter on a killing spree.
I feel sorry for Yuji, he's trying so hard, but nobody respects him.
You have to understand. Lots of people here want to see a more kickass Yuji, were excited by the prospect of it from the previous episode, and then simply disappointed in him without looking more deeply into the reason why.

I mean, anyone in the same situation would have stayed calm and, thinking that he's big and bad now, attempt to strike at the deadly dude who just tried to kill you while even people stronger than you by perhaps several dozen times couldn't even scratch him. That's what I call real logic.

By the way, that's sarcasm.
Old 2008-03-02, 16:10   Link #144
teelotes
·¥äkítðrý·

OT: These smilies seem to describe Zarovee soooo well -> -> -> -> [END]
Old 2008-03-03, 03:14   Link #145
charizardpal
灼眼の

Yuuji is so cool now. Rapidly pitching explosive silver orbs like baseballs, killing an old man without guilt or hesitation and not contemplating his actions afterwards. Heck he's already stronger than Shana! Analytical mind, he can do most of the stuff she can do, cast fireballs, carry a heavy blutzager with one hand, has an anti-flame ring, and can summon a fanatical allies (aka green-haired bimbo) and creatures from his stomache.

Check this out:
Shana: Yuji:
Katana Blutzager
fuzetsu fuzetsu
sword to cast fire throws fireballs! (Shana can't)
can spout wings + fly Not quite yet.
can block attacks w/ wings-cloak Not quite yet
can summon Alastor can summon 2: silver guy from stomache + Johan
Allied w/ Wilhemnia Fanatical Pheles as an ally. Friends w/ everyone
She has a cell-bookmark He's got an ANTI-flame ring!
Hot temper kills rational thought Analytical mind
Combat Experience Yuji throws swords away due to inexperience

Except for experience, the ability to fly, and a protective covering, Yuuji is already Shana's equal! And all of the stuff he can already do, he shows signs of soon being able to do better than Shana (gigantic sword vs puny katana, can throw fireball without relying on sword as an aid, can summon 2 monsters from stomache vs Shana's one Alastor.) Very soon I am sure he will surpass her.

Best part of this episode: no Kasumi
Worst part: Shana's shoes. Those brown leather shoes with the flat soles look uncomfortable, unsuitable for combat and are so ugly. Yuuji should buy her a pair of sneakers for her birthday. See her current shoe pics:
http://img443.imageshack.us/my.php?i...1059545pq9.png
http://img337.imageshack.us/my.php?i...1061140lv0.png

「心でなくちゃ、よく見えない。もののなかみは、目では見えない、ってこと。」

Last edited by charizardpal; 2008-03-03 at 03:56.
Old 2008-03-03, 05:22   Link #146
Deathscyther

Well, Shana is still much stronger than Yuji. Zarovee was a very weak tomogara, that's why he was able to defeat him. Shana/Margery/Wilhelmina could probably still kill Yuji with one good attack. But yeah, he is getting strong.
Old 2008-03-03, 06:04   Link #147
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by charizardpal View Post
Except for experience, the ability to fly, and a protective covering, Yuuji is already Shana's equal! And all of the stuff he can already do, he shows signs of soon being able to do better than Shana (gigantic sword vs puny katana, can throw fireball without relying on sword as an aid, can summon 2 monsters from stomache vs Shana's one Alastor.) Very soon I am sure he will surpass her.
Err despite the size of Shana's sword, Blautsauger is far more inferior in terms of ability then shana's sword... Just because it's big and shiny doesn't mean it's better..
Old 2008-03-03, 09:38   Link #148
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Err despite the size of Shana's sword, Blautsauger is far more inferior in terms of ability then shana's sword... Just because it's big and shiny doesn't mean it's better..
I'm not going to even try to point out all the things that are wrong with char's post, not the least of which being Yuji "summoning monsters out of his stomach".
Old 2008-03-03, 11:35   Link #149
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Quoted for truth. Big and shiny equals heavy and uncontrollable, which also means that the momentum for swinging an object with large mass is too much to handle. Edge for this one goes to Shana.
Old 2008-03-03, 13:18   Link #150
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

Actually considering Blautsauger's special ability and How much POE Yuji has. They're a more dangerous combination then Shana and her sword
Old 2008-03-03, 13:50   Link #151
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

We're talking about swords that can turn into bookmarks and can't be lifted without spare PoE. I'm not sure how much momentum should be considered a factor. Anyway, what was Blautsauger(sp?)'s ability again?
Old 2008-03-03, 14:21   Link #152
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaneDragon View Post
We're talking about swords that can turn into bookmarks and can't be lifted without spare PoE. I'm not sure how much momentum should be considered a factor. Anyway, what was Blautsauger(sp?)'s ability again?
Think it was injuring the opponent when it came into contact with their weapon. Don't need to hit the main body of the opponent, if you come into contact with their sword/shield/whatever will be enough. Only real option against that is to dodge.
Old 2008-03-03, 17:45   Link #153
teachopvutru
Urusai~Urusai~Urusai~

Speaking of which... I don't really know what Shana's sword is capable of. Does it have any special ability?

"FOUND YOU!" ~Taiga
Old 2008-03-03, 19:39   Link #154
KaneDragon
*(RAWR*)&rawr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiachopvutru View Post
Speaking of which... I don't really know what Shana's sword is capable of. Does it have any special ability?
Wasn't it something about being able to effortlessly slice through PoE attacks and whatnot? And then there was Shana using it as a focus for her flame powers...
Old 2008-03-04, 09:44   Link #155
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
Actually considering Blautsauger's special ability and How much POE Yuji has. They're a more dangerous combination then Shana and her sword
Power of Existence has nothing to do with the physics of momentum and gravity.
Old 2008-03-05, 05:25   Link #156
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I think Shana's sword bypasses unrestricted spells.. I've heard someone say that about Shana's sword. Can someone confirm?
Old 2008-03-06, 10:47   Link #157
alvinkhorfire

Maybe most of you all may disagree with my comment, but I feel the first part of this episode seems wasted. They should shorten it a bit and focus more on second part where Yuji fights Zarovee. If better, make the fight as exciting as in the OP. The actual fight leaves me quite disappointed judging from the great expectation of the fight in the OP where Yuji uses his Blusauger to attack five "clones" of Zarovee at once.
Old 2008-03-14, 09:02   Link #158
taichi-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvinkhorfire View Post
Maybe most of you all may disagree with my comment, but I feel the first part of this episode seems wasted. They should shorten it a bit and focus more on second part where Yuji fights Zarovee. If better, make the fight as exciting as in the OP. The actual fight leaves me quite disappointed judging from the great expectation of the fight in the OP where Yuji uses his Blusauger to attack five "clones" of Zarovee at once.
hi

well I agree with you up to a point .

Its true that the best part of the episode is at the end , but some things that happened in the first half are also important .

im my opinion : this was a very good episode xD
Old 2009-10-01, 17:48   Link #159
OkamiNoKaze

Wow Great episode Yuji was awesome.
Old 2009-10-01, 18:01   Link #160
OmniDragon

Yuji defeated his first opponent though once he opened the fuzetsu Zarovee became quite scared.
Closed Thread