AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2010-05-31, 14:47   Link #2081
bigdeath

Quote:
Kaoworu comes in Unit-06 in the end and says he'll make Shinji happy this time
That might be a fan translation mistake. Kaoworu possible is saying he'll be the one to make Shinji happy (instead of Rei). Sounds like hes jealous, just a bit.
bigdeath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 14:53   Link #2082
Agito Akiyama
Bass-wa Watashi

Send a message via MSN to Agito Akiyama
The parts in EOE where
Spoiler for End of Evangelion:
Old 2010-05-31, 14:54   Link #2083
limao
DeAd

Here's my Review for Evangelion 2.0:

In a few words: Lame High Definition Recap (LHDR)
In more words: Evangelion 2.0 had more recap percentage than 1.0 what makes it more like a cloned trim from the series. There are very few anime titles that can match original NGE TV series (1-24) and this "2.0" surely is not one of them.
I really was anxious to see this but now i can see it was a completer loss of time and resources.
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 15:03   Link #2084
bigdeath

Thats really odd since the majority seem to agree that 2.0 deviates quite a lot from NGE. But then again, those that seem to see NGE as near perfect seem to universally dispointed in 2.0.
Old 2010-05-31, 15:04   Link #2085
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
Thats really odd since the majority seem to agree that 2.0 deviates quite a lot from NGE.
Haha, it deviates too much and is more of the same!! Wait wut?

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 15:12   Link #2086
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeath View Post
That might be a fan translation mistake. Kaoworu possible is saying he'll be the one to make Shinji happy (instead of Rei). Sounds like hes jealous, just a bit.
Well even if it's a mistake there's still the fact that he knows Shinji by name and he did say "the third again" in the previous movie... We won't know the whole story anyway until the end of the 4th movie and even then we'll probably be left hanging with more questions than answers so for now I'll keep my pet theory and just go mumble to the corner while my sanity slips away (JK)
Old 2010-05-31, 15:16   Link #2087
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Well even if it's a mistake there's still the fact that he knows Shinji by name and he did say "the third again" in the previous movie... We won't know the whole story anyway until the end of the 4th movie and even then we'll probably be left hanging with more questions than answers so for now I'll keep my pet theory and just go mumble to the corner while my sanity slips away (JK)
There is a theory out there that kaworu is actually the same person in every Evangelion universe. This leads us to believe that this really isn't a sequel.

I think this was because of some Evangelion game though that this theory popped up... So take it as you will

Personally, I'm hoping it's not a sequel because that was already sort of done I think pretty darn well in the EVA RE-TAKE doujin... Although that's only if you are a Shinji x Asuka shipper.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 15:18   Link #2088
limao
DeAd

There's too much of the same plot with slight changes, even if the quality is high it cannot save the plot's ass, sufficiently annoying, looks like amateur's work
Its a good moneymaker for the studios, apart from that...nada
I believe the people who rated this as "The best movie ever" or never seen evangelion or are really hard-core fans and thus too much influenced to give a neutral opinion

Quote:
the majority seem to agree that 2.0 deviates quite a lot from NGE
I might not have seen the same movie then...

^^^^
My 2 cents, if you're a hardcore fan, don't take it personal...
limao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 18:08   Link #2089
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Funny you mentioned hardcore fans, when it's the 'Moderates' that liked the movie, whereas the hardcore fans didn't like it at all.

And I think we WERE watching different movies: we all watched 2.22. :P
Old 2010-05-31, 18:12   Link #2090
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
There is a theory out there that kaworu is actually the same person in every Evangelion universe. This leads us to believe that this really isn't a sequel.

I think this was because of some Evangelion game though that this theory popped up... So take it as you will
Correction: it came up in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, where Kaworu references the events of SRW MX (which featured both EVA and RahXePhon), and alludes that he's experienced every game where EVA (the series) was in. In the Record of the Angel War manga, THAT Kaworu does almost the same thing, though in that case, though with the parallel world aspect to the backstory it makes sense.
Old 2010-05-31, 18:20   Link #2091
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Personally, I'm hoping it's not a sequel because that was already sort of done I think pretty darn well in the EVA RE-TAKE doujin... Although that's only if you are a Shinji x Asuka shipper.
EVA Re-take had a brilliant angle and was extremely executed, and that's coming from a Rei fan.

There are some suspicious similarities in the way the characters act in the movies and the way they behaved in Re-take. Except Re-take gave the reader access to the internal dialog of the characters so the changed behavior made sense. The events in the movies so far exclude an exact copy of events, but a variation on the Re-take idea is still an option.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-05-31, 18:21   Link #2092
bigdeath

Does anyone have rebuild banner I can use? I'd like to show off my support for rebuild with a cool banner of Mari. I love that girl. ZA BEASTO!
Old 2010-05-31, 18:57   Link #2093
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Correction: it came up in Super Robot Wars Alpha 3, where Kaworu references the events of SRW MX (which featured both EVA and RahXePhon), and alludes that he's experienced every game where EVA (the series) was in. In the Record of the Angel War manga, THAT Kaworu does almost the same thing, though in that case, though with the parallel world aspect to the backstory it makes sense.
Lol. Maybe you are a bigger Evangelion fan.

But yeah, I'm not quite sure if we can take that seriously or not.

@Bri, Sorry I didn't mean to say only if you are an Asuka x Shinji shipper, I think I ment it's easier to like if you are. It doesn't exclude other fans though.
Old 2010-05-31, 23:53   Link #2094
RisArk

Eva is junk. Gunbuster is Anno's masterpiece.

Also, Fuyutski shot first.
RisArk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 00:11   Link #2095
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post

Get out troll.
Old 2010-06-01, 00:49   Link #2096
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
I'm curious to see where things are going to go with the next movies. The changes really leave you wondering what will happen. Some pretty impressive fights since they do make the Angels pretty spectacular in these movies. A lot happened in the movie, but wouldn't try to just hit everything in one post.

Do wonder about Asuka's future. Obviously we saw her in the preview which was a relief. Didn't think they would outright kill her, but her condition hardly looked good. It was amazing to just survive what happened and then being stored away like that was just rough. She tries to do a positive thing by taking a spot in the test and in the end it costs her dearly. Had to be a nightmare for Shinji to be stuck in the Eva while his unit was just going wild.

Also curious what will happen when she does make her return. Obviously things can't just return to normal like in the classroom when Shinji didn't make any lunch. Wonder about Shinji's feelings since there wasn't as much time to bond in the movie. Her feelings were pretty clear though.

Anyways it'll be a tough wait for the next movie since I really want to see what happens next.
Old 2010-06-01, 01:36   Link #2097
bigdeath

Quote:
Originally Posted by RisArk View Post

I love gunbuster but.........
Old 2010-06-01, 01:37   Link #2098
slidingk1

I like the new less emo approach of the new movies. Angels look better, action is faster but it's lacking the overall development of the series which is good and bad I guess.

Shinji isn't such a whining little bitch. Still cry's and whines but not to the extent where his pathetic. I know that his supposed to be an allegory for Jesus and sacrificed for man kind's survival. Yet this time around his actually likable to a point and stronger in character with just small hints of a father complex. Not a overall pathetic complex as in the series.
slidingk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-06-01, 02:23   Link #2099
Dahak86
Classics never age

well, I quite enjoyed 2.0/2.22. Even though I have to say I fully agree with Reckoner and everything he said. You're NOT alone, buddy. <-- lol pun

Major changes I disliked: Tsundere Asuka, and happy Rei... 'nuff said.

anyway, I wonder what will happen next, since:
Spoiler for from wiki, and to make my post shorter:

so, with only 2 (or at least 1) angels remaining, Adam and Lilith are going to play a major role, uh? mmhh... interesting, I'm curious to see how this will turn out. let's wait and see.

ah, and I was wondering, who will pilot Unit-08... Kaworu, Mari? any idea?
Old 2010-06-01, 02:38   Link #2100
Solafighter
Hige

This theard is interesting to read.

I remember, when i was watching Evangelion the first time, in 1996 or 1997(dont exactly recall). I still have the video tapes, i recorded from the german tv channel, called Vox with german subtitles.
Since then, i have always been in the Evangelion fever. Sometimes more, sometimes less.

When i heart, that there will be four brand new movies about Evangelion, the first thought, that crossed my mind was "OMG, finaly something new, i havent seen plenty of times already."
Im realy glad, that the same creator and all voice actors team up again, to make new films, 15 years after the anime release. Many people dont like, that the new films are not as close to the 26 episodes anime and the EoE movie, cause the characters may not be "themself" cause for example, Rei is getting more emotions, Asuka seems to show her love for Shinji even more, and Shinji... He realy tries to save people, he likes, even if that would cost the lives of many other people.

What i realy liked in the old series and also in the new films is the quality and precision in every scene. So many details, that i dont get bored, if i rewatch the movie servai times, so high quality, that its always an eyecandy to watch the films in 1080p HD quality, and sure not forget to mention, the effects. Realy a big ThumbsUP for the first two movies.

I think, who's a bigger fan, and who not, is not measurable.
The only articels from Evangelion, i own. are the DVD's of the anime, the movie and some mangas. I dont have that many fan articles, like many people here do, but why is that a reason, that im not such a big Evangelion fanatic(almost lover), like all other(?).

Tags
movie, remake