Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-07-20, 05:58   Link #1061
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
*starts shooting*

I don't see how they can skip Rika's introduction because it is her weapons that allow them to fight "them" effectively and it also fleshes out Shizuka-Sensei's character by showing what sort of people are her friends...

Plus it'd be one of the most exciting scenes they could animate from the manga!

Gunfights, jet fuel and explosions!
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 06:58   Link #1062
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Just add some zombie debris and you're good to go!

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 08:14   Link #1063
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
*starts shooting*

I don't see how they can skip Rika's introduction because it is her weapons that allow them to fight "them" effectively and it also fleshes out Shizuka-Sensei's character by showing what sort of people are her friends...

Plus it'd be one of the most exciting scenes they could animate from the manga!

Gunfights, jet fuel and explosions!
Completely agree if they leave out the Rika parts i will be high pissed. Plus i want to see that scene with her partner before he becomes the "Hero"
Old 2010-07-20, 09:18   Link #1064
Fawx9

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightbringer View Post
Right now in the anime thread there's a discussion going on about Rei's reaction to Shidou, wanting to leave him and his students behind when escaping with the bus. This is somewhat hard to discuss in the anime thread without referencing what happens later on in volume 4

So we all know Shidou is a real piece of work, but is Rei's reaction of wanting to abandon him to certain death really justified? Or her desire to shoot him later on in volume 4, for that matter. When I was reading volume 1 for the first time I thought that Shidou must have raped her or done some similarly evil deed, but later we learn that all he did was get her held back a grade. Unfair, yes, immoral, yes, perhaps even damaging her future career prospects to some degree (doubtful) - but a far cry from the kind of emotional scars that she's showing, and probably not an act worthy of being indirectly killed for along with a group of completely unrelated students. That whole "it's your fault that I.... got held back a year" was rather anti-climatic.

Of course, since it's the apocalypse, she can do what she wants pretty much, but being one of the protagonists means she shouldn't do anything too evil But then she wanted to take the baton to the guy who nearly raped her in volume 2, also. Maybe she is somehow getting into the whole enjoyment of violence thing, like Takashi and Saeko are?

I was actually talking about this with a few others the other day. What we came up with was that by looking at it first from her dad's point of view then her's she has every right to be that pissed off.

For her Dad: You get another assignment to investigate a potentially corrupt and powerful official. As it progress you find out that they have identified your daughter and are using her for leverage to get you to stop. Sure while at this point it is only holding her back a year(although that's pretty big in itself), you have no idea how far they want to take this if you try to continue. So now, not only has your job involved your daughter unknowingly, it has also put dent into her education and made her a target of those being investigated. How as a parent do you not react to that without shame and regret. Your the one that's supposed to be protecting and razing her, but you end up putting her into danger.

So you try to go and comfort her, by telling the truth as to why all of sudden she got held back for no reason and also try to explain the fact that she was being targeted by a criminal. In the process you end up breaking apart because of what you have done and are now asking for forgiveness.

For Rei: Apparently a smart girl, according to Takashi, you've been held back a year for no real reason. All that studying put to waste and a potential black mark on whatever application she sends to her desired place of learning after this school. That in itself would make you pretty pissed off. But after that you learn the reason behind it. You figure out that you were being used as nothing but a hostage to get to your father, which has proceeded to make a normally hard working man break apart. You know who it was but can't make any claims since the investigations stopped. There's nothing you can do and once again remember that you were nothing but a tool used by the man to hurt your own father.

We know this happened recently so it's not like the there has been a lot of time to let it boil over and let the steam out. The world has just gone to complete hell and you see your most hated person, who screwed up both you and your father's life now asking for you to help him. In that situation I can't really say I would listen, and I can't blame Rei for not doing so either.

After that and the ruckus he made on the bus while she was there, her attack at the mansion was also fine by me. The readers and her know his true colours as nothing but a bastard that will do anything to save his own hide to life including putting others in danger. Taking out a virus like that before it does anymore harm would actually be a smart thing to do.
Fawx9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 10:19   Link #1065
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Hnn, being held back a year and thus screwing with whatever chances you had of getting into a university that you wanted to go to... Can be compared to being considered for a spot on a state/national team but some jerkwad who was trained up by your coach years ago and failed sabatoges your application with rumors of steriord use just to get back at the coach.

That is a serious 'WTF!' situation.

Yep, I'd kill 'em.

Shino at least deserves some quality time with Rei and a baseball bat XD
Old 2010-07-20, 11:29   Link #1066
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Right now in the anime thread there's a discussion going on about Rei's reaction to Shidou, wanting to leave him and his students behind when escaping with the bus. This is somewhat hard to discuss in the anime thread without referencing what happens later on in volume 4

So we all know Shidou is a real piece of work, but is Rei's reaction of wanting to abandon him to certain death really justified? Or her desire to shoot him later on in volume 4, for that matter. When I was reading volume 1 for the first time I thought that Shidou must have raped her or done some similarly evil deed, but later we learn that all he did was get her held back a grade. Unfair, yes, immoral, yes, perhaps even damaging her future career prospects to some degree (doubtful) - but a far cry from the kind of emotional scars that she's showing, and probably not an act worthy of being indirectly killed for along with a group of completely unrelated students. That whole "it's your fault that I.... got held back a year" was rather anti-climatic.

Of course, since it's the apocalypse, she can do what she wants pretty much, but being one of the protagonists means she shouldn't do anything too evil But then she wanted to take the baton to the guy who nearly raped her in volume 2, also. Maybe she is somehow getting into the whole enjoyment of violence thing, like Takashi and Saeko are?
It seems to me that Rei was less concerned about her being held and more about the damage Shidou's actions caused her father. From what i can tell Rei's father was never the same after the scandal. If we are going by her anger towards him because of her father than i can understand she seemed less concerned for herself and more for her father.

Let us not forget that Saeko also has a large distaste for him as well although it was never stated why.
Old 2010-07-20, 12:46   Link #1067
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Let us not forget that Saeko also has a large distaste for him as well although it was never stated why.
Probably on account of him being an asshole generally. Hmm being pissed off on account of her father makes more sense, that sounds more convincing.

Quote:
But we don't get to see her before they take her weapons and her humvee. The problem is that while she is most likely to be important later on, maybe even crossing paths with the main crew, as of right now her story is short and unfinished, so it would be a prime candidate for exclusion probably unless they already have plans for a second season. For the main crew at least there are some points where you can cut off the story and call it "end of anime", like when they leave the mansion or when they first run towards the mall at the end of volume 4.
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 14:54   Link #1068
Arturro

Quote:
But we don't get to see her before they take her weapons and her humvee. The problem is that while she is most likely to be important later on, maybe even crossing paths with the main crew, as of right now her story is short and unfinished, so it would be a prime candidate for exclusion probably unless they already have plans for a second season. For the main crew at least there are some points where you can cut off the story and call it "end of anime", like when they leave the mansion or when they first run towards the mall at the end of volume 4.

If there will be a second season they could include scenes with Rika in first or second episode of second anime. Considering that anime so far is very truthfull to manga, they could end first season with chapter 12 - a chapter where they all find a "safe heaven" in mansion and nuclear attacks started. Or they could skip chapter 13 (about Rika) and end with chapter 14 - where zombies attack on mansion started. Both chapters are good for an ending of season 1.

Arturro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 15:10   Link #1069
AcroDave
Go Chrome or Go Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I just read the past couple chapters and I didn't understand how Rei "figured out what was going on" between Saeko and Takashi. Did I miss a couple pages? She just looked pissed at the beginning of the chapter and then suddenly walked up to Takashi and said that she figured it out. Are we just supposed to infer what happened between Saeko and Takashi arriving at the mall and Rei supposedly figuring out their relationship?
Maybe she recognized Takashi's hand-prints all over the front of Saeko's shirt?

But yeah, I agree. I couldn't figure this out either. It would have to be something more than circumstantial for her to directly accuse him like that.

Edit: Wait... was she still wearing Takashi's shirt, or did they switch back in the temple?

Last edited by AcroDave; 2010-07-20 at 15:14. Reason: brain fart
AcroDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 15:13   Link #1070
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturro View Post
If there will be a second season they could include scenes with Rika in first or second episode of second anime. Considering that anime so far is very truthfull to manga, they could end first season with chapter 12 - a chapter where they all find a "safe heaven" in mansion and nuclear attacks started. Or they could skip chapter 13 (about Rika) and end with chapter 14 - where zombies attack on mansion started. Both chapters are good for an ending of season 1.
That would mean no shrine date for Takashi and Saeko... People will cry rivers if that happens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcroDave View Post
Maybe she recognized Takashi's hand-prints all over the front of Saeko's shirt?

But yeah, I agree. I couldn't figure this out either. It would have to be something more than circumstantial for her to directly accuse him like that.

Edit: Wait... was she still wearing Takashi's shirt, or did they switch back in the temple?
They switched back. But call it women's intuition. It's not hard to read the atmosphere and figure out that Takashi and Saeko suddenly got A LOT closer than they were before. She probably doesn't really know what exactly happened at that point but it's enough to set her alarms off.
Old 2010-07-20, 15:20   Link #1071
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
I just read the past couple chapters and I didn't understand how Rei "figured out what was going on" between Saeko and Takashi. Did I miss a couple pages? She just looked pissed at the beginning of the chapter and then suddenly walked up to Takashi and said that she figured it out. Are we just supposed to infer what happened between Saeko and Takashi arriving at the mall and Rei supposedly figuring out their relationship?
I thought it had to be 1 of 2 reasons. First Saeko did get all drenched during their escapes and Takashi gives him a shirt or something to change into and she was most likely still wearing it. So Rei assumed something perverted happened between the 2 of them (note i was disappointed nothing did happen)

2.Woman's intuition i have seen this numerous times in real life. Where a woman just knows i dont know the hell they do but they know. I think they both had some kind of look on their faces that lead Rei to that conclusion. Technically she was not wrong they did have a pretty close moment.
Old 2010-07-20, 15:39   Link #1072
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
But we don't get to see her before they take her weapons and her humvee. .
Rike is introduced in Volume 2, Page 40.

28 pages before they get to her house.

Rika's side story shows how the government agencies are working to combat the infection and allowing planes to leave with uninfected civilians.

I'm sorry but I can't agree that her introduction or role in the story is unnecessary for the anime.

Old 2010-07-20, 15:51   Link #1073
lightbringer
M9000

Quote:
Rike is introduced in Volume 2, Page 40.
I stand corrected, so we see her for all of four pages before they get to her house. Kind of a minor appearance so I forgot about it, sorry

Quote:
I'm sorry but I can't agree that her introduction or role in the story is unnecessary for the anime.
Why are you apologizing? Lol. We can agree to disagree and see what actually happens in the anime. It's not a big loss to the world regardless of whether they show her or not Her chances of appearing are higher though if the EMP blast will be in the anime (it should be, I'm still thinking they will probably animate up to end of volume 4 or at least until they leave the mansion), since she's on the other end of the phone at that point. Unless they cut out the phone conversation, too.
Old 2010-07-20, 19:40   Link #1074
ImAKami
Paragon of Ero

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
and i cant resist.... was yer avatar came from?
I reckon the owners of those panties to be Francesca Lucchini (white and blue stripes) & Charlotte E. Yeager (plain) from Strike Witches. Do not ask me how I know... I just do.

Quote:
Originally Posted by surerman View Post
I am flattered....thank you*bow down* (it's rare for killers to has some one give attention to his psychological condition U know? )
I think that is mostly because they are likely to be killed afterward.

By the way, it is just me or is Rei's fingers in ACT.4, Page 02-03 way too long? And that's some slow fighter airplane!
Old 2010-07-20, 21:34   Link #1075
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Women's intuition, and also the fact that Saeko and Takashi were probably saying each other's names without honorifics for a good while after they got to the mall until Rei flipped on them. After that, they both went back to 'Saeko-san' and 'Komuro-kun' for a lil bit, but now it appears as if Saeko's saying 'to hell with it' and has begun calling Takashi by his first name again.

I wonder if Rei is going to try and force Takashi to decide between Saeko and herself once they get to the police station.
Old 2010-07-20, 22:08   Link #1076
Johnny
Working the bags...

It's about time for Mr. Shido to show is ugly mug again and rather ironic if it is at the police station where Rei's dad works...

Never have been a fan of Rei, so let's see her toss that demand his way and watch him toss it back at her...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-20, 23:07   Link #1077
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImAKami View Post
By the way, it is just me or is Rei's fingers in ACT.4, Page 02-03 way too long? And that's some slow fighter airplane!
They definitely look too long, a failed attempt at perspective but still I love the artwork.

As for the fighter's speed, well it seems to come out of no where, pass them as Rei waves and by the time it takes Rei to lower her head to Takeshi's ear it's already shrinking in the distance.

Old 2010-07-21, 00:37   Link #1078
Chia
→[Chia]←

This was a interesting manga too read, I just hate waiting for the updates. >.< Also the anime is pretty cool.
Chia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 04:56   Link #1079
surerman
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to surerman
Quote:
I reckon the owners of those panties to be Francesca Lucchini (white and blue stripes) & Charlotte E. Yeager (plain) from Strike Witches. Do not ask me how I know... I just do.
you're a pervert!

Quote:
I think that is mostly because they are likely to be killed afterward.
yeah! but it's funny how we life longer than any average human my great grandfather died 100+ before my Grandpa pass out near his age

Chia bro?! why don't you read TriageX in the waiting time?, it's good too...from same author

Last edited by surerman; 2010-07-21 at 18:20.
surerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-07-21, 22:02   Link #1080
ZeKeR
Superbad

so.... i think that when they get there... local police wont be outside anymore... rather, they are inside teh building.....

Tags
action, author died, ecchi, gun pr0n, harem, horror, inazuma, shounen, torpedo tits, zombies