AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-17, 21:33   Link #1281
The Green One

Anyone else getting the impression the match is going to end on chapter 100?
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 21:40   Link #1282
teja208
Critical fanboy

Ok so I supposed the scene with Saki, Nodoka, and Tacos at the end of Achiga episode 10 hasn't appeared in the manga yet. Where were they heading? More importantly, near the end of that scene Nodoka seened to notice someone now who might that be?
teja208 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 21:53   Link #1283
Sumeragi
Banned

Mahjong + Railgun =

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 22:01   Link #1284
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Originally Posted by teja208 View Post
Ok so I supposed the scene with Saki, Nodoka, and Tacos at the end of Achiga episode 10 hasn't appeared in the manga yet. Where were they heading?
We don't know, really, as there wasn't anything mentioned in the main manga either. Judging from how things are in the Achiga manga though, it's likely that it's Kiyosumi's free day.

Last edited by Myssa Rei; 2012-06-17 at 22:33.
Myssa Rei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-17, 22:17   Link #1285
The Green One

In that scene Kiyosumi's 2nd round match would of concluded the previous day so this is ahead of the current manga. They're probably sightseeing right now or something which I guess is confirmation they won their match or at the very least advanced....not that it was ever really in doubt...
Old 2012-06-17, 22:21   Link #1286
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Mahjong + Railgun =

Mahjong + Railgun = SUBARA!! (Great I gonna kill myself... *self-destruct*)
Old 2012-06-17, 22:38   Link #1287
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarletknive View Post
Mahjong + Railgun = SUBARA!! (Great I gonna kill myself... *self-destruct*)
As you wish:

There are other quite nice ones around, like this Saki Beats!!:

Or the mahjong version of Okujou no Yurirei-san:

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 00:18   Link #1288
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
As you wish:

There are other quite nice ones around, like this Saki Beats!!:

Or the mahjong version of Okujou no Yurirei-san:

Thank you sir... Going to watch episode 10 in about 6 hours...(My bro is not at home... Usually we watch together )
Old 2012-06-18, 16:34   Link #1289
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
We don't know, really, as there wasn't anything mentioned in the main manga either. Judging from how things are in the Achiga manga though, it's likely that it's Kiyosumi's free day.
Oh, ok, I see. I heard about how the main manga is very slow. Never though side manga is actually ahead of the main manga.

Now let's see, there doesn't seemed to be anybody standing right behind the three of them since we ought to notice a partial glimpes or a silhouetted figure of a person. So that person is either:

A. Someone extremely short (e.g. Koromo size/height)
B. Invisible (e.g. Momo)
C. Isn't an actual person

Taken into account of Nodoka's dream which acts as a foreshadowing, what caught Nodoka's attention could be the TV showing the current match of Team Achiga.
Old 2012-06-18, 17:20   Link #1290
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Quote:
Oh, ok, I see. I heard about how the main manga is very slow. Never though side manga is actually ahead of the main manga.
Both of the manga in the Saki franchise are on monthly release schedules, so yeah, they ARE slow. Achiga-hen gets around this though by having big chapters per release (usually in the order of 30 pages and more).
Old 2012-06-18, 17:33   Link #1291
The Green One

It should get interesting, if Saki is smart she'll try to finish Eisui off while the opportunity allows. With Kasumi locked in her all out attack mode and the situation making it so easy for Saki to make Kans she should be able to destroy Kasumi and have Miyamori advance instead. Nothing would add to Kiyosumi's infamy more then eliminating the third seed school of the tournament in their opening match.

Plus a possible hint to this happening is that Miyamori's advisor still seems to be around for Shizuno to talk to even though the time frame is after Saki's current match. Though I couldn't find confirmation that the tournament is a "win or go home" type of match, maybe the losers do stick around to watch the remaining matches after they get eliminated so this is just speculation.
Old 2012-06-18, 20:49   Link #1292
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

Can someone tell me who is the VA for the "Subara" girl? She sounds familiar somehow...
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-18, 20:53   Link #1293
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:
Originally Posted by kk2extreme View Post
Can someone tell me who is the VA for the "Subara" girl? She sounds familiar somehow...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satomi_Arai

Kuroko Shirai of A Certain Scientific Railgun fame....
Old 2012-06-18, 22:10   Link #1294
RJ TAYLER

Plus a certain ninja maid in Code Geass.
Old 2012-06-19, 00:09   Link #1295
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ TAYLER View Post
Plus a certain ninja maid in Code Geass and cats

Don't forget 1 more maid...

And a narrator in some anime like the Girl MC looks like some tiger who loves cats.

Reading 2ch comments about episode 10.......
Ryuuka: Dont use Trans-am
Toki: Okay. Trans-am!

Setsuna's comments when seeing this while slacking around after A-LAWS conflict: Get me 00 Raiser! I am going to save her, and no one stops me!

Recent episode 10.
Don't know the trans-am with 00 Gundam is spreading around through various ways... Even in mahjong animes...
Treating Trans-am as an ability to read 2 turns ahead and Toki is 00 Gundam.

... Episode 11 will cover chapter 10.5 and 11 if I am not wrong...

Last edited by Scarletknive; 2012-06-19 at 00:35.
Scarletknive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 03:56   Link #1296
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
well it seems like my hunch was right on. The semi-finals (aswell as the anime manga of Achiga-hen) is going to end with Teru, no second man needed. In the end kuro will all dora ron a yakuman off one of the other 2, dipping them below 0, making shiraitodai advance as number 1 and achiga as #2
LeaD36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 05:39   Link #1297
Scarletknive
Meister

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaD36 View Post
well it seems like my hunch was right on. The semi-finals (aswell as the anime manga of Achiga-hen) is going to end with Teru, no second man needed. In the end kuro will all dora ron a yakuman off one of the other 2, dipping them below 0, making shiraitodai advance as number 1 and achiga as #2
If you are assuming that we don't know about the extra episodes, then yes it will end with a big hand... Which will drop them to below 0.
Spoiler for interview:
Old 2012-06-19, 08:46   Link #1298
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

I just wondering about the reason nodoka said in this picture:

Spoilers
Spoiler for image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's said that Saki has colorful past about mahjong with her sister that make her want to go to Nationals.
And here Saki said that "Haramura-san too?"
Which that i Interpret as Nodoka also has a past with someone that involve with National.
Nodoka parent are police Investigator and lawyer (i think they are no involve in Mahjong).
Nodoka learn Mahjong in hospital with old folk.
So, by "Haramura colorful past" i mean that the lost friends Achiga.

Conclusion:
Nodoka went to Nationals to publicity her existence to her Achiga friend that even though they are live apart, they still can met at nationals. And the Achiga answer her calling to National.

In the last scene in Achiga episode 10, I think nodoca will come too the tournament and met her friends.
And Achiga will lose in semifinal but still can met with Nodoca (I can't think that Achiga powerful enough to become runner-up and beat Senriyama (Shiratodai the first)).
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-19, 11:59   Link #1299
teja208
Critical fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandhy88 View Post
I just wondering about the reason nodoka said in this picture:

Spoilers
Spoiler for image
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's said that Saki has colorful past about mahjong with her sister that make her want to go to Nationals.
And here Saki said that "Haramura-san too?"
Which that i Interpret as Nodoka also has a past with someone that involve with National.
Nodoka parent are police Investigator and lawyer (i think they are no involve in Mahjong).
Nodoka learn Mahjong in hospital with old folk.
So, by "Haramura colorful past" i mean that the lost friends Achiga.

Conclusion:
Nodoka went to Nationals to publicity her existence to her Achiga friend that even though they are live apart, they still can met at nationals. And the Achiga answer her calling to National.

In the last scene in Achiga episode 10, I think nodoca will come too the tournament and met her friends.
And Achiga will lose in semifinal but still can met with Nodoca (I can't think that Achiga powerful enough to become runner-up and beat Senriyama (Shiratodai the first)).
I actually like your idea. If say Achiga lose at episode 12 and the last 3 remaining episodes spent on them reuniting with Nodoka and they had a friendly match with Kiyosumi that would be nice.

However, as much as I would like to see Senriyama made it through to the finals, the situation that you suggested seemed unlikely.

If Nodoka had been expecting her friends at the national, how come she never contact them before? There is also her dream sequence at the beginning of episode 10 where she questioned herself, "Why was she having this dream now?" And what about Saki? I don't think she has any intention of meeting her sister before their match in the finals. And more importantly, how will Achiga manga continue after the point you mentioned here?
Old 2012-06-19, 12:11   Link #1300
TJP1600
小桃姑娘

Quote:
I actually like your idea. If say Achiga lose at episode 12 and the last 3 remaining episodes spent on them reuniting with Nodoka and they had a friendly match with Kiyosumi that would be nice.

However, as much as I would like to see Senriyama made it through to the finals, the situation that you suggested seemed unlikely.

If Nodoka had been expecting her friends at the national, how come she never contact them before? There is also her dream sequence at the beginning of episode 10 where she questioned herself, "Why was she having this dream now?" And what about Saki? I don't think she has any intention of meeting her sister before their match in the finals. And more importantly, how will Achiga manga continue after the point you mentioned here?
I think(and I hope) teru will end up smashing them, engage comeback for later rounds, end up second place but very close. But yeah that dream hopefully doesn't foreshadow their(achiga's) win. Even though I dislike everyone in the achiga anime besides Teru, I hope the achiga girls don't just disappear after this and still have some relevance by meeting up with Kiyosumi at least.
TJP1600 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri