AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Ore no Imouto

Notices

Old 2012-10-08, 03:36   Link #101
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
Not that I don't think this is possible, but out of curiosity, do you have a source on that? I can't seem to find anything that suggests this to be the case, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.
I think kobester11 is confusing it with Studio Gokumi which indeed branched out of gonzo and have done things like A-channel and Saki's 2nd season but that's not Picture Magic
Old 2012-10-08, 11:52   Link #102
kobester11

Quote:
Not that I don't think this is possible, but out of curiosity, do you have a source on that? I can't seem to find anything that suggests this to be the case, but that doesn't mean it isn't true.
Oh my bad, what I mean is gonzo is still somewhat involved in the production despite handing the animation production to picture magic...
kobester11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 05:47   Link #103
AdamEndless9
Straight-Edge Dragon Hero

First PV is now up:
http://www.oreimo-anime.com/special/pv_04.html
New key visual on the site:
Spoiler for Image size:
Old 2012-10-09, 06:28   Link #104
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdamEndless9 View Post
First PV is now up:
http://www.oreimo-anime.com/special/pv_04.html
New key visual on the site:
The PV confirms that all the key staff are the same -- anime character designer (same as the original novel character designer again), story planner, and anime director. I'm not sure if the PV actually contained any new footage... it looked like just recycled footage from the first season.
Old 2012-10-09, 07:09   Link #105
finalfury
Incognito

Since A-1 Pictures is animating the second season, and due to their recent shows that they are producing(SAO and Magi) which are both 2 cour, is it likely that oreimo may have a better chance of getting 2 cour in A-1 than in AIC Build?
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 09:19   Link #106
kobester11

Wait, the PV said production is by A-1 if I'm not mistaken? Well, that changes everything...
If that's the case it's a high chance that AIC Build is still doin this but under A1...

Hmm, an example of this was how the first season of battle spirit was made, toei actually animated it under sunrise. Then sunrise took over through the next seasons hence being quite different looking...
Old 2012-10-09, 10:19   Link #107
Animexcel

PV definitely has footage from the second season. Glad the style looks the same
Animexcel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-09, 17:32   Link #108
finalfury
Incognito

Crunchyroll has a comparison pic of first season pv and second season pv.
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spi...11809_full.jpg
http://www.crunchyroll.co.uk/anime-n...promo-unveiled
finalfury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 00:32   Link #109
TJR

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobester11 View Post
Oh my bad, what I mean is gonzo is still somewhat involved in the production despite handing the animation production to picture magic...
Saki was an interesting situation. On paper, the production studio changed, but I'm not sure if that really happened. Gonzo retained "Production Assistance" billing (which is usually assigned to the company producing an outsourced episode), so this may have been an arrangement in which Picture Magic "outsourced" production back to Gonzo. Even their Korean subsidiary continued to work on the show.

The only thing certain is that the company with "Animation Production" credit is responsible for delivering the final product.

Quote:
Wait, the PV said production is by A-1 if I'm not mistaken? Well, that changes everything...
If that's the case it's a high chance that AIC Build is still doin this but under A1...
If AIC could take the project, there would be no reason for A-1 to be involved.

Aniplex's Shinichiro Kashiwada (ex-J.C. STAFF producer; now with Aniplex on Madoka, Nisemonogatari, SAO, etc.) helped staff Oreimo, so if he's involved, they could regroup some of the original animators. Nevertheless, it isn't unusual for a different staff to work on sequels even within the same studio.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo
OreNo was the biggest hit AIC (as a whole, not just BUILD) has had in the last 12 years, weird for them to let the series go but I'm sure it's Aniplex's call anyway.
AIC didn't join the production committee, so it's no big loss for them.
TJR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-10, 05:12   Link #110
kobester11

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJR View Post
If AIC could take the project, there would be no reason for A-1 to be involved.
Actually A1 has done this before, it's the opening of senran kagura for the ds. The animation studio for that was based on the philippines (they're famous for animating cartoons like looney toons)
Old 2012-12-28, 08:06   Link #111
SolarAquarion
Organic Mecha

New PV is out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3pYbP...ature=youtu.be
SolarAquarion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 19:37   Link #112
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Archon_Wing
Ahh, well that doesn't look encouraging; seems like it'll be more of the same.

Oh well, let's just get it over with so I can have some peace (and Kuroneko)

Avatar/Sig courtesy of TheEroKing
Guild Wars 2 SN: ArchonWing.9480
MyAnimeList || Reviews
Archon_Wing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 19:39   Link #113
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Can they just make a kuroneko spin off story? Then this might actually be good.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 20:05   Link #114
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archon_Wing View Post

Oh well, let's just get it over with so I can have some peace (and Kuroneko)
Generally, the most sensible thing to expect when a successful first season gets a sequel is more of the same.

I think it's totally fine that people who generally disliked the first season will come back for the sequel to see how it all ends. But I sincerely hope that people won't act all angry and mock-crestfallen when it continues developing themes and elements that are already established as part of the show's premise and should be expected given the way the first season developed and ended. It's a continuation, not a re-imagining. By now people should at least know what to expect, and should take their expectations (based on the first sesaon) into consideration if trying to "critique" what the show is going to end up doing within its own established premise.
Old 2013-01-01, 20:18   Link #115
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Generally, the most sensible thing to expect when a successful first season gets a sequel is more of the same.
Not necessarily true. I tend to expect some kind of progression; as a story should move from Point A to B, and if in the end we're still where we left off, I can't say it was a particularly good story.

Now I've certainly enjoyed more static series such as YuruYuri, but even in cases like that it would find ways to outdo itself, and well be surprising.

Quote:
I think it's totally fine that people who generally disliked the first season will come back for the sequel to see how it all ends. But I sincerely hope that people won't act all angry and mock-crestfallen when it continues developing themes and elements that are already established as part of the show's premise and should be expected given the way the first season developed and ended. It's a continuation, not a re-imagining. By now people should at least know what to expect, and should take their expectations (based on the first sesaon) into consideration if trying to "critique" what the show is going to end up doing within its own established premise.
Hah, well I understand your point, though I am no longer that particularly invested in the series to be seriously pissed off in most cases. Though there are certain parts of the show that feel like a chore and others not.

Still, I wouldn't say that I have no desire to watch this, just that the odds are much more uncertain. Though granted, I usually do not hang around much once I feel a show has outlived its entertainment valuem I mean take, SAO, I could spend each episode tearing it apart, but instead I decided to drop it without really much extra commentary.

But truth be told, I am highly interested in a gothic lolita cosplayer and occasionally a Char wannabe, so don't mind me if I have an urge to see how this all ends. I never said I was fair.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-01-01, 20:24   Link #116
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Erm yeah, that tends to happen with 15 seconds promo videos.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-01, 20:26   Link #117
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Erm yeah, that tends to happen with 15 seconds promo videos.
It does. And your point?

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-01-01, 20:32   Link #118
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
It does. And your point?
That expecting anything 'different' in that 15 seconds sounds like a strange expectation?
Old 2013-01-01, 20:37   Link #119
Archon_Wing
On a mission
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
That expecting anything 'different' in that 15 seconds sounds weird?
Is it really weird to not want to be told something I already know?

The burden of proof is on the show to show something interesting, whether it be 5 seconds or 5 minutes. It's true that I don't expect some long dissertation but of course time is valuable and you want to get your point across.

Anyhow I'll just put it like this:

Because I have already watched a part of the series, it means that I have formed some kind of expectation and since said expectation while not one of absolute doom and despair it is not completely positive either and when new information enters and either helps confirm or deny said thoughts it leads to me posting some crap.

If I thought the show was great, then confirming more of the same would lead to a more positive response. It gets really subjective.

15 seconds isn't significant. I'm just posting 15 seconds worth of thoughts. If one wants to extrapolate to how I feel about the series and how I will feel about the series as a whole, well I would say that wouldn't be right, but that's fine too.

MyAnimeList || Reviews
Old 2013-01-01, 20:55   Link #120
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Is it really weird to not want to be told something I already know?
It's weird to be looking for that in a short promo video that's for sure.

I mean all it comes down to is a couple of short scenes flashes, I don't know how different you want those to feel.

Quote:
The burden of proof is on the show to show something interesting, whether it be 5 seconds or 5 minutes. It's true that I don't expect some long dissertation but of course time is valuable and you want to get your point across.

Anyhow I'll just put it like this:

Because I have already watched a part of the series, it means that I have formed some kind of expectation and since said expectation while not one of absolute doom and despair it is not completely positive either and when new information enters and either helps confirm or deny said thoughts it leads to me posting some crap.

If I thought the show was great, then confirming more of the same would lead to a more positive response. It gets really subjective.

15 seconds isn't significant. I'm just posting 15 seconds worth of thoughts. If one wants to extrapolate to how I feel about the series and how I will feel about the series as a whole, well I would say that wouldn't be right, but that's fine too.

Somehow, I doubt the purpose of that pv is to wow anyone with anything drastic, leave that for a proper full trailer.