Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-01-09, 20:06   Link #32521
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
Another rare kidnapping case resolved in Singapore

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/...ed/948388.html

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2014-01-10, 23:58   Link #32522
AnimeFan188

‘Mafia code’ cracked as Italian police unveil initiation secret:

"Police in Italy have cracked an ancient mafia code used to initiate new members
into the organized crime network.

Rome investigators found the age-old document while pursuing leads about a
murder of a member of the ‘Ndrangheta crime organization, based in Calabria, The
Telegraph reported. The text they found includes a code that uses Greek-like and
Egyptian-like symbols and refers to the “blood and honor” vow recruits have to take
to join the syndicate, Fox News reported."

See:

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...initiation-se/
Old 2014-01-11, 01:31   Link #32523
Tiberium Wolf

Man Jailed for Gmail Invite to Ex-Girlfriend

"In what one expert on Internet privacy calls "a worst-case scenario," a Massachusetts man was jailed for sending his ex-girlfriend (who had a restraining order against him) an email invitation to join Google+.

But Thomas Gagnon contends he didn't send it; Google did, without his knowledge or consent."
Old 2014-01-11, 03:18   Link #32524
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post

"In what one expert on Internet privacy calls "a worst-case scenario," a Massachusetts man was jailed for sending his ex-girlfriend (who had a restraining order against him) an email invitation to join Google+.

But Thomas Gagnon contends he didn't send it; Google did, without his knowledge or consent."
I hope he sues the heck out of Google.
Old 2014-01-11, 05:57   Link #32525
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post

And that is why i don't use Gmail.
Old 2014-01-11, 06:08   Link #32526
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Ah. Lots of restraining orders, have you?
Old 2014-01-11, 07:03   Link #32527
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

^I wish. lol

I was interested in Gmail back it was introduced (And Tech TV was still airing) because of it's 1GB storage for emails. However, i also didn't trust early social networks like Friendster after watching a segment on Tech TV how dangerous the service could be (being stalked by creepy people), i have never sign any social network site. By the time i was thinking of getting Gmail years later, other email services like Live Mail and Yahoo Mail had already increased their storage.
Old 2014-01-11, 08:38   Link #32528
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Ah. Lots of restraining orders, have you?
Speaking from experience Monsieur Playboy?

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-01-11, 10:42   Link #32529
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

U.S. appeals court affirms BP settlement in 2010 Gulf oil spill
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A0A04920140111

India says U.S. could have avoided 'mini-crisis,' more to be done
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A081DZ20140111
...and India could had avoided it as well but it's something than they won't recognise.

Former Israeli PM and military commander Ariel Sharon dead at 85
http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/...A0A09420140111
Old 2014-01-11, 14:53   Link #32530
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
...and India could had avoided it as well but it's something than they won't recognise.
Agree with the bold part. The US authorities were kind enough to let it wait for 5 months and hope for things to be settled internally without any noise, but they can't let it drag forever on the other end. A big part of the blame has to go to the Indian diplomatic corps for taking a huge brown envelope from the diplomat's father when it was obvious that all she wanted was that job at the UN regardless of her wrongdoings.
Old 2014-01-11, 14:59   Link #32531
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
India on Friday asked Washington to withdraw a diplomat from New Delhi, in response to what was effectively the expulsion of Khobragade from the United States. An Indian official told reporters the government believed the U.S. diplomat had a role in the Khobragade case but gave no more details.
Washington has agreed to withdraw the envoy, who it did not identify. Citing sources, Indian media said the diplomat was a senior security official at the U.S. embassy who India believes helped the housekeeper Sangeeta Richard's husband flee to the United States despite a court injunction against him in Delhi.

personally i think the US should have also withdrawal their Ambassador and ask India to do the same.
Old 2014-01-11, 16:27   Link #32532
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Speaking from experience Monsieur Playboy?
At least they're old enough to hire a lawyer.
Old 2014-01-11, 23:48   Link #32533
JokerD

Quote:
Part of me wonders why doesn't the US take up newpaper ads explaining their rational. I think the stepping in to protect the housekeeper would have won support on the lower rungs of society. Other than that, what I suspect that narration that they would hear would be "US arrest our diplomat in front of her child and jails and strip searches her" with no mention of the reason.

But hey even though it's abolished, the caste system is still very much in place and the elite upper caste do expect a certain amount of privileges to be accorded to them. One of them being servitude from the lower caste.
Old 2014-01-12, 01:36   Link #32534
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^If I recall correctly, the "unfortunate" Indian diplomat in question is actually of the Dalit caste -- the Untouchables.

She is, however, most certainly of the upper class of modern India: wealth, privilege, political connections (with the ruling party), and underpaying her servants. She's a result of India's version of Affirmative Action, except badly handled in that instead of equality, it's just entry tickets into the upper class.

And yes, Hindu nationalists are annoying. Aside from abhorring blind, stupid nationalism in general, I hold a (petty) grudge against them for making sure that entire sections of the English Wikipedia are utterly useless and controlled by people with no grasp of grammar or encyclopedic organization -- check any Indian historical subjects. It's like a giant conspiracy of imbeciles.

Mind, for every Indian spouting anti-American nonsense over this, there's another one condemning the government's hypocrisy and wonder, out loud, about the other woman in the story -- the allegedly illegally underpaid servant.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokerD
Part of me wonders why doesn't the US take up newpaper ads explaining their rational. I think the stepping in to protect the housekeeper would have won support on the lower rungs of society.
The Americans want to preserve US-Indian relations, and don't want to get involved in Indian internal politics (it's election year there, I think), and if it means a diplomat or two needs to take the fall and leave New Delhi, that's a small price to pay. Nobody's going to think the Americans are "weak" for "folding" over this.
Old 2014-01-12, 08:27   Link #32535
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
At least they're old enough to hire a lawyer.
Mine never needed to hire lawyers! They love me too much and vice versa to have any altercations!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenicus View Post
Mind, for every Indian spouting anti-American nonsense over this, there's another one condemning the government's hypocrisy and wonder, out loud, about the other woman in the story -- the allegedly illegally underpaid servant.

The Americans want to preserve US-Indian relations, and don't want to get involved in Indian internal politics (it's election year there, I think), and if it means a diplomat or two needs to take the fall and leave New Delhi, that's a small price to pay. Nobody's going to think the Americans are "weak" for "folding" over this.
I think it would be in the best interests of the US of A to strike a gentle apologetic tone for this. It is a waste of time dealing with their nationalists.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2014-01-12, 09:01   Link #32536
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Mine never needed to hire lawyers! They love me too much and vice versa to have any altercations!
For the last time, chloroform isn't a love potion, and "I want my mommy" isn't her being tsundere.
Old 2014-01-12, 16:26   Link #32537
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
I think it would be in the best interests of the US of A to strike a gentle apologetic tone for this. It is a waste of time dealing with their nationalists.
I think it's the other way around considering India's the one country surrounded by enemies here. Someone obviously needs to put those nationalists back to the place where they belong; they're just wankers.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2014-01-12 at 17:28.
Old 2014-01-13, 10:55   Link #32538
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

CNN exclusive: Feds investigating Christie's use of Sandy relief funds
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/01/13/po...html?hpt=hp_t1
Quote:
If the Sandy inquiry finds any wrongdoing, it could prove even more damaging to Christie's national ambitions. His performance during and after the superstorm has been widely praised and is a fundamental part of his straight-shooting political brand.
Old 2014-01-13, 16:44   Link #32539
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Looks like the knives are coming out. He has plenty of enemies, and regardless of if he is guilty or not, this is the time to strike if they want him gone.
Old 2014-01-13, 17:19   Link #32540
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Seems like to me everyone wanna get a bite of Christie. If he can't fend off the attacks he's dead politically but then again like Weiner you can always make a comeback.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international