AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Support > Tech Support > Playback Help

Notices

Old 2007-02-04, 10:23   Link #141
Nicholi
King of Hosers

@andiyar
Wow this Perian looks quite nice. My hoser Windows friend turned iMac has had a distaste for mplayer even though I told him it would play anything he needs. I hope to see Perian make more FFMPEG-like implementations n_n, especially the Matroska stuff. Makes it easier for Mac people to just use their friendly Quicktime player.
Old 2007-02-04, 22:11   Link #142
Mr VacBob
yotsuba channel

Send a message via AIM to Mr VacBob
Quote:
Originally Posted by andiyar View Post
Personally, I'd like it if there was some way to enable mplayer as the playback agent for Front Row et al, but that'll never happen. Perian, though, will make grand strides in that direction, as it already has! All they need is to make matroska a reality, and put in a nice subtitle renderer, and well... who knows where it could end.
Yuvi's got the matroska stuff mostly done, and I've got the subtitle stuff mostly done. Together, we fight crime!

(disclaimer: not release-quality yet, please don't try to use it until it is, and you'll know it's release-quality after we release it)
Old 2007-02-05, 02:05   Link #143
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

Send a message via AIM to andiyar Send a message via MSN to andiyar
@ Mr VacBob (astrange?)

Well... words do fail me, it's been a while since I read through the Perian .trac list, so I wasn't quite up-to-date on where you were up to. I'm highly impressed especially by the recent additions to supporting SSA/ASS files, as well as SRT files and styling. Congratulations to you and the rest of the team.

I'm looking forward to 1.0. Fingers crossed that it won't take too long, but then either way, at least it's being done. And from what I've used so far and read (wasn't able to get a SVN version compiled to play with ) I'm waiting with the keenest anticipation

-Andiyar
Old 2007-02-07, 03:54   Link #144
raidend
1337 G0d 0f Thund3r

Send a message via MSN to raidend
I try every thing in this thread, but i keep getting this error:

Abnormal playback termination. Check log file for more information.

i check the log this is what i get:

dyld: /Applications/MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer can't open library: /usr/lib/libncurses.5.4.dylib (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
2007-02-07 02:52:16.720 MPlayer OSX[670] Abnormal playback error. mplayer returned error code: 5

I try then looking for the library at the terminal is not there there is instead libncurses.5.dylib

so what do i do? how to i get this library? help please
edit: almost forgot im using macosx 10.3.9 on a powerbook g4 12" 1.33 Ghz

Last edited by raidend; 2007-02-07 at 04:06.
Old 2007-02-15, 22:32   Link #145
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ raidend

You're trying with my custom build, yes? Try re-downloading it and running the installer again, then when you reach the 'select destination' sceen, hit 'customise'. Are both mplayer-binary and mplayer-libraries selected? They should be... if they aren't, make sure both of them are being installed, reboot, and try again.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-03, 13:17   Link #146
metal_fingers

any chance of an intel build?

much obliged,

mf
Old 2007-03-05, 04:49   Link #147
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by metal_fingers View Post
any chance of an intel build?

much obliged,

mf
There's an Intel build of Mplayer with softsub support linked under a spoiler tag in the original post.
Old 2007-03-05, 14:40   Link #148
Kaonashi

Send a message via MSN to Kaonashi
I usualy compile the command-line version of mplayer but I'm now craving for some GUI goodness.

After I get the sources for mplayer and the sources for mplayerosx what should I do? ./configure; make for mplayer and the same for mplayerosx?
Old 2007-03-07, 10:24   Link #149
Yuzuyu
yuzuyu is cute ^-^

I have the same problem as raidend. And when i press costum while i install i see this:

(Don't mind the Dutch..LOL)

Also a few things which might be important to know:
- I see NO 'opt' map in my root.
- I have the following files in my library/reciepts folder: mplayer-binary.pkg, mplayer-libraries.pkg but i can't install them somehow.
- I have followed the instructions so i have X11 installed.
- I never had this with other versions of Mplayer
- I did download and reinstall many times but it won't change a thing.
- I have an Imac G5 with MacOSX 10.3.9
Old 2007-03-07, 18:41   Link #150
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ Yuzuyu

Interesting. At least it isn't the installer itself then. Are you logged in as an administrative user when you attempt to install? It wouldn't suprise me if you required admin access to write to the root directory of the hard drive. The error is telling you that a requisite library isn't installed, which as you said, with no 'opt' directory appearing, infers that the binaries aren't being installed properly.

Oh, and if you have other versions of MPlayer installed, can you just move them/rename them out of your your Applications directory as well? And perhaps try repairing permissions... and let me know

@ Kaonashi

What you want is the Mplayer sources for OSX, which you can then compile. You can get them by inputting (in Terminal)

"svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer"

then changing to the mplayer directory it creates, and doing a ./configure ; make as you've said. After that, you need a copy of a GUI version of MPlayer - Show Package Contents on it, navigate to /MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS and replace mplayer and mplayer_altivec with copies of your compiled mplayer binary (remember to rename the second copy 'mplayer_altivec). That should be good to go.

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-07, 19:20   Link #151
Kaonashi

Send a message via MSN to Kaonashi
Quote:
What you want is the Mplayer sources for OSX, which you can then compile. You can get them by inputting (in Terminal)

"svn checkout svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/mplayer/trunk mplayer"

then changing to the mplayer directory it creates, and doing a ./configure ; make as you've said. After that, you need a copy of a GUI version of MPlayer - Show Package Contents on it, navigate to /MPlayer OSX.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS and replace mplayer and mplayer_altivec with copies of your compiled mplayer binary (remember to rename the second copy 'mplayer_altivec). That should be good to go.

-Andiyar
Thanks. I'll try that.
Old 2007-03-08, 03:43   Link #152
Yuzuyu
yuzuyu is cute ^-^

Quote:
@ Yuzuyu

Interesting. At least it isn't the installer itself then. Are you logged in as an administrative user when you attempt to install? It wouldn't suprise me if you required admin access to write to the root directory of the hard drive. The error is telling you that a requisite library isn't installed, which as you said, with no 'opt' directory appearing, infers that the binaries aren't being installed properly.

Oh, and if you have other versions of MPlayer installed, can you just move them/rename them out of your your Applications directory as well? And perhaps try repairing permissions... and let me know

-Andiyar
Yep i'm the only user on my mac , i'm the admin. So to me that's not the problem. I have deleted my old Mplayer since i thought that might be the problem but i have no idea how to repair permissions, i'm not that technical.
One time when i was trying again after installing (and restart my mac) i saw a blue map appearing on my desktop but assoon as i saw it it was gone again? Now i think of it, might that be the 'opt' map?
Old 2007-03-09, 03:40   Link #153
virtualnao
i draw stuff

I have an intel Mac, so I followed those directions from the first post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamtetsuo View Post
If you have an Intel mac you should use this version of Mplayer compilled by a fellow board member thr:
Spoiler for Intel Mplayer Build:
but when I actually tried to play a file the popup said--
Playback Error. Abnormal playback termination.
So I checked the log:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.1.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/MPlayer OSX SAC.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
Reason: image not found
2007-03-09 03:34:01.200 MPlayer OSX[428] Abnormal playback error. mplayer returned error code: 5

so...now what?
Old 2007-03-10, 14:30   Link #154
Discerptor
ANIUE!111

Quote:
Originally Posted by virtualnao View Post
I have an intel Mac, so I followed those directions from the first post:

but when I actually tried to play a file the popup said--
Playback Error. Abnormal playback termination.
So I checked the log:
dyld: Library not loaded: /usr/X11R6/lib/libGL.1.dylib
Referenced from: /Applications/MPlayer OSX SAC.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer
Reason: image not found
2007-03-09 03:34:01.200 MPlayer OSX[428] Abnormal playback error. mplayer returned error code: 5

so...now what?
Did you remember to put in the preferences "-ass -embeddedfonts -fontconfig"?
Old 2007-03-10, 19:28   Link #155
Louieman

Out of sync substitles.

Hi I'm new to the forums but I'd like to pose a question about fixing my .mkv files on Mplayer.

First off, I've finally managed to get everything working perfectly fine on Mplayer with .mkv files...only I now have an annoying problem, which is that the subtitle track is always out of sync with the audio/video by about 1 or 2 seconds. I've tried looking around about how to adjust this but Im lost. I'd be very greatful if anyone can help.
Old 2007-03-10, 23:01   Link #156
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Try adding -correct-pts to the commandline. In the OS X player you do this under preferences -> misc -> additional parameters IIRC.
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2007-03-11, 04:11   Link #157
andiyar
wingéd prettygirl
*Author

@ Yuzuyu

I'm not sure exactly what's going on here - the /opt/ directory definitely isn't appearing at the root of your hard drive? As that's where the support folders install - /volumes/hd/opt/.

@ virtualnao

Sounds to me as if X11 isn't installed - I'm not sure if thr's build needs it (mine doesn't) but it's possible. Try installing it from your Tiger DVD and see if that helps

-Andiyar
Old 2007-03-11, 06:00   Link #158
Louieman

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
Try adding -correct-pts to the commandline. In the OS X player you do this under preferences -> misc -> additional parameters IIRC.
I dont understand what you are asking me to do, but adding "-correct-pts" to the commandline didnt work. Sorry If im sounding stupid, I'm just trying to be careful as I've spend a long time getting Mplayer to work after I've crashed it numurous times.
Old 2007-03-11, 14:53   Link #159
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

What OS are you on, for starters? And what file are you trying to play?
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
Old 2007-03-12, 01:04   Link #160
iamtetsuo
Thinking Different Member
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to iamtetsuo
Quote:
Originally Posted by Louieman View Post
Hi I'm new to the forums but I'd like to pose a question about fixing my .mkv files on Mplayer.

First off, I've finally managed to get everything working perfectly fine on Mplayer with .mkv files...only I now have an annoying problem, which is that the subtitle track is always out of sync with the audio/video by about 1 or 2 seconds. I've tried looking around about how to adjust this but Im lost. I'd be very greatful if anyone can help.
Use the z and x keys to decrease or increase subtitle delay. (z makes the subtitles appear latter, x makes subtitles appear sooner.)

Tags
fansubs, mac, wiki candidate