AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Eden of the East

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-06-03, 15:45   Link #221
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
This mean Akira couldn't have already made preparations about his new self. This sorta make sense, but why Juiz was ordered to tell him the location of his apartment? Did number I told her that? But then that means Akira wasn't supposed to die and so I can't explain anymore why Juiz thought he "fade out".
Thats right. Who ordered Juiz to tell Akira to goto the house.

Maybe that was a mistranslation when she used the word "ordered"
Old 2009-06-04, 03:33   Link #222
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
This mean Akira couldn't have already made preparations about his new self. This sorta make sense, but why Juiz was ordered to tell him the location of his apartment? Did number I told her that? But then that means Akira wasn't supposed to die and so I can't explain anymore why Juiz thought he "fade out".
It could be that another selecao helped him out.

Or it could be that when the supporter say "It ends here" he could've been refferring to Akira's plan but still wanted him alive for some reason.
Old 2009-06-04, 15:30   Link #223
voxxa

No raw out yet, but here are some pics from the episode:

Spoiler for episode 9:

Spoiler for episode 9:

Spoiler for episode 9:

Spoiler for episode 9 plot:

Last edited by voxxa; 2009-06-04 at 15:44.
Old 2009-06-05, 03:30   Link #224
silverya

Episode 10 synopsis up: http://community.livejournal.com/ede...60.html#cutid1

Worrying episode name...
Old 2009-06-05, 03:57   Link #225
~BC~

Could be intentionally misleading...Something about the last line of the summary makes me wonder what No. 10 will be up to during that time. Attempting to clean up loose ends perhaps?
Old 2009-06-07, 11:59   Link #226
moo_gyuu
Not the supporter

The burst of text at around 15:41 of this week's episode told us a bit about some of the other selecaos.

Details at the Japanese fan wiki http://www36.atwiki.jp/higashino_eden/pages/26.html

#3 - seems decent but doesn't seem to understand the scope of this game. Ordering up tomato salad for jobless+homeless temp workers is good, I guess, but this selecao doesn't seem to be fixing Japan; with tiny requests like "Juiz, please have someone pick up the garbage in this park" they're just dealing with what's right in front of them.

#6 might be just as unambitious, but at least they're having a bit of fun, with "Juiz, karaoke reservations for 60 please".

#7 is interested in corporate misbehaviour, specifically in food adulteration scandals. But they still have 9.1bn yen left on their phone. They should be thinking that when the game ends not only will they be killed, they'll leave most of their money unspent. A waste.

#8 is angry at the bad performance of Japan's national soccer team. Heh. It seems to be really expensive to diagnose and fix though. I think #9 got a bargain in this episode when it only cost him 56 million yen to turn the Carp into a championship team.
Old 2009-06-08, 01:21   Link #227
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

That is really useful. #8 is quite funny. "Saving japan" = Improving the national football. Well that's one way to interpret it sure...
#7 is funny with Milk expiration dates (or that's a glitch of google translate IDK). It sure going to help Japan!

------
And everyone can see that as far as we know #12 indeed doesn't have any entries we could read. As I theorized it somewhere he's probably not using his money at all, and that's why Pantsu have thought about 11 selecaos.
I have to repeat myself again, that he's definitely fishy somehow.

Additionally we can see that some of the entries happening when we observe Akira (and we don't see any message), which means that the feature for the notices about other selecao purchases is an option which anyone could enable/disable.
Old 2009-06-08, 01:43   Link #228
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by moo_gyuu View Post
#3 - seems decent but doesn't seem to understand the scope of this game. Ordering up tomato salad for jobless+homeless temp workers is good, I guess, but this selecao doesn't seem to be fixing Japan; with tiny requests like "Juiz, please have someone pick up the garbage in this park" they're just dealing with what's right in front of them.
Just like me!
Old 2009-06-08, 10:29   Link #229
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Guys there's something that bothers me and I want to hear your opinion.
The problem is simple: Is the seleçao we see in EP1 really mononobe (number I)?

You know if it wasn't for that trick they pulled on us about ohsugi I wouldn't even doubt it. I mean they both wear the same ring on the same hand on the same finger, they both are seleçao, and they share some similar facial features (although there is little we can see about the guy in ep1). That would be quite a coincidence but it doesn't even cover half of the coincidence in the case of ohsugi and the rapist.

Now, why is that I'm starting to doubt they are the same person? It's their personality. It's completely different.

Again it's not like we see a lot of the guy in episode1 but the few things we see say a lot. This guy smiles, he's witty, he jokes (I'm jealous). He gives me the impression of a very self confident, laidback man who enjoys what he's doing and doesn't mind joking and making witty comments.

Mononobe? He never smiles, he doesn't joke, he doesn't seem to enjoy what he's doing. He's the kind of person that does what it must be done while conscious that he's doing is a dirty work. He is uptight.

And the voice? Is it even the same voice? I'm not very good at discerning different voices so I can't say if it's the same voice actor, however the way they talk is definitely different. Ep1's guy is relaxed, Mononobe is dead serious.

Now I have made a few screenshots to make comparisons:

Spoiler for giant size images:

It does look like a "I" roman number doesn't it? However it isn't 100% sure, it might be a "II" that is being distorced and appears as a "I".
Also... nah I won't tell you! I want to see if you notice what I did XD
If you do you win a cookie

Old 2009-06-08, 10:36   Link #230
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Damn, I watched that bit of the episode like 10 times and I was convinced it wasn't possible to find out the number on his phone.

It is possible that Mononobe was relaxed at episode 1 because he thought he succeded in something, and is a lot more serious now because he realised he hadn't.

Good catch.

What was it that you catched on the last picture?

The lack of ring? The yellow bit on his phone? The fact that the badge is up side down?
Old 2009-06-08, 10:46   Link #231
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

The last one, you win a cookie! XD

Old 2009-06-08, 14:18   Link #232
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

*sits on a chair crouching and eats a cake*
The probability that Yagami Raito ... I mean... the gentlemen in episode1 is #1, is about 90% by my estimation.

The telephone seems his own, he has the same ring, very same clothes.
As for why is he smiling there is because everything is going according to his own plan.
I mean whenever we've seen him later on, somehow it was always something about neutral or "bad" news, where there is no reason for him to be happy. If he planned the mindwhipe and memorywhipe as I theorized several times, and before the memorywhipe he can see that #9 is following his instructions and falls into his trap, that might be enough reason for him to smile a bit. Obviously he's not a cheerful fellow normally though, that's a fact.
Old 2009-06-08, 18:35   Link #233
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

So you don't think it's incredibly clever the way they have covered any possible part of the glasses? When the mysterious guy ends the conversation (thus lowering the phone and uncovering the ear), the image zooms even further.
Don't you think it's strange? The ring is like a neon sign saying: "Hey I'm an important detail! Look at me, look at me!" So why they had to conceal the glasses? it's not like before episode5 you could imagine anything from such a detail.

Old 2009-06-08, 20:35   Link #234
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

To keep us hanging for 4 episodes.
I'd find it incredibly lame if he was someone else to be honest. I mean that would cross a line where I'd still enjoy being teased by the creators, however if he's not #1 that would go overboard for me I think.
Old 2009-06-08, 22:30   Link #235
Envoy
SacrificeSheep2God

They have the same voice actor, as stated in the ending credts.
Old 2009-06-08, 23:03   Link #236
fish eric
like to talk to fish?

Quote:
Guys there's something that bothers me and I want to hear your opinion.
The problem is simple: Is the seleçao we see in EP1 really mononobe (number I)?

You know if it wasn't for that trick they pulled on us about ohsugi I wouldn't even doubt it. I mean they both wear the same ring on the same hand on the same finger, they both are seleçao, and they share some similar facial features (although there is little we can see about the guy in ep1). That would be quite a coincidence but it doesn't even cover half of the coincidence in the case of ohsugi and the rapist.
The difference between the #1 situation and the Oosugi (or douche pyon as I like to call him) Is that when you believed it to be douche-pyon Akira and the gang also believed it. You were seeing what they were seeing. So its not liek they played a trick on you like they do in the show 24.

With the #1 situation you are the audience is the only ones who see him in the car on the phone. There is nobody else to mistake his identity.

I originally thought the mistaken rapist thing was pretty lame, but when you think of it you are looking through the eyes of the eden group at the time.

I am sure that it was #1
Old 2009-06-09, 07:06   Link #237
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envoy View Post
They have the same voice actor, as stated in the ending credts.
I didn't notice this °°; So Mononobe's name is Daiki, Daiki Mononobe...

Old 2009-06-09, 07:10   Link #238
Schneizel
uwu
*Fansubber

Quote:
I didn't notice this °°; So Mononobe's name is Daiki, Daiki Mononobe...
His name is Daiju.

As for him doing something besides looking ":|", this picture is on the webpage:
Old 2009-06-09, 07:30   Link #239
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Oh what the hell?

Why if input the kanji of mononobe's name in the wiki I get a whole list of "daiki"?

I'll stop trying to understand @_@

Last edited by Jan-Poo; 2009-06-09 at 07:40.
Old 2009-06-09, 23:33   Link #240
Envoy
SacrificeSheep2God

Daiju is more MANLY. Oh and here's #2.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Envoy; 2009-06-10 at 00:44.
Closed Thread