AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2007-06-23, 03:08   Link #301
Ice Climbers
Retired
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by retardation View Post
you all think the suns gonna get garnett?
You kidding me??? If that is the case then who are they going to trade???
Old 2007-06-23, 07:38   Link #302
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by retardation View Post
you all think the suns gonna get garnett?
Not gonna happen, they won't give Stoudimire up.
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-23, 23:57   Link #303
retardation
phantom loser

yeah they don't want to trade amare it looks like. i think garnett also has some 15% trade kicker in his contract... making him untradable pretty much. dude is just gonna have to suck it up this season... which is a shame.

kg should just agree to go to boston or marion should agree to go to boston. i mean kg + pierce should be a cakewalk to the nba finals in the east or marion would finally get the attention he desires in boston but both players are just too greedy.
retardation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 18:54   Link #304
Rahan

Are there people interested in the european championship ? (which will start in less than 3 weeks)

Is this a generic basketball thread or is it reserved only for NBA ?
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-15, 19:54   Link #305
Medic
Dubstep - DZ

Man I didnt know that there was a NBA thread. I absolutly love basketall. Go Chicago!!
Medic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-20, 09:48   Link #306
rimaa

more like....go Rockets!
rimaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 02:06   Link #307
Tommy
Mr. Prince

WTF Suns! Shaq is worthless now, I just can't fathom what they were thinking with this trade.
Old 2008-02-06, 06:49   Link #308
Westlo
Lets be reality

As a Heat fan I am completely ecstatic that Riley was able to move Shaq for Marion+Banks. In trying this desperate roll of the dice Steve Kerr just helped the Heat from having 2-3 years of complete mediocrity and possibly losing Wade once his contract was up.

Chances of a Top 3 Pick this season is huge, getting Beasley or Rose would be massive for the Heat. Also if Marion opts out you add that cap space to the expiring contracts of Jason Williams and Ricky Davis.... have you seen the unrestricted free agents on offer this year? Baron Davis, Gilbert Arenas, Iverson, Elton Brand, J O'neal...

Wade, Baron/Arenas, Beasley would be dope
Wade, Brand, Rose would be dope

All I can say is thanks Steve Kerr.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 14:26   Link #309
Kabitzin
1/3 of the Sea Slugs Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westlo View Post
As a Heat fan I am completely ecstatic that Riley was able to move Shaq for Marion+Banks. In trying this desperate roll of the dice Steve Kerr just helped the Heat from having 2-3 years of complete mediocrity and possibly losing Wade once his contract was up.
This trade makes a lot of sense for the Heat of course, but I was pretty puzzled about why the Suns would make this trade. I guess here are the things they are hoping for:

- Marion was going to bolt anyway, and was too much of an emo baby to play with Amare. Kerr figures Diaw will make up for most of the production and Shaq will be useful in the playoffs.

- Shaq will take less wear and tear when surrounded by shooters, and possibly get in better shape as the season goes on.

- Shaq has always been a decent passer, so the threat of Shaq in the middle may open things up even more for the Suns.

This seems to be a lot of ifs, but even though Shaq is expensive, there are only 2 years remaining. I guess Kerr felt it was time to do something drastic. Who knows, everyone looks pretty awesome when they play with Nash.
Kabitzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-08, 11:17   Link #310
Westlo
Lets be reality

I keep reading how Kerr had to make this trade work because the current style wasn't working. But the thing is if it wasn't for those bullshit suspensions last year they probably would've got past the Spurs and handled the Cavs just as easy.

Riley must be laughing, he gave Shaq's massive contract an extension while banking on wining a title within his first 3 years. Thanks to the Suns we get to start the rebuilding process 2 years earlier. Wade/Marion/Beasley or Wade/Marion/Rose will be a good core for the team over the next few years, if Marion opts out it lets us go after the best FA in the class.
Old 2008-02-08, 17:16   Link #311
Tommy
Mr. Prince

I wanna see how Marion and Banks fit in with Miami. I read that Riley is gonna give Banks a lot of minutes, so I'm happy for him because he never got to play in Phoenix and I mean the Heat can really only get better now.

I've also cooled down a little bit about the trade. I went from hating it to being neutral about it now. I'll reserve final judgement until Shaq plays.
Old 2008-02-13, 23:00   Link #312
ApostleOfGod
^.^

NBA AllStar 2008

That's right Ladies and Gents of all ages... The meeting place for the fan-favourites as well as the best of the best. Some of the anticipated events for the Allstars are...

-Skill Challenge
-Rookies vs. Sophomores
-Celebrity game
-Foot Locker's 3pt. Shootout.
-Sprite Slam Dunk Contest (MOON!)
-And of course, the Allstar game.

So.. Jamario Moon is going to win the Dunk Contest with his *Farther than Michael Jordan's history making Foul Line dunk*, East will dominate the Allstar game, and Kapone will be the next back-to-back three point winner since 2003.? Yeah I think 2003.

Oh.. And... TERRY CREW & CHRIS TUCKER & COMMON on the same team. Too bad for Ne-Yo. Hornets vs. New Orleans, and Hornets is going to win this. Chris Tucker is going to dunk over everyone and do some sick moves. Too bad I can't watch it... No ESPN

One is to live life as if nothing is a miracle.

The other way is to live life as though everything is a miracle.
ApostleOfGod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 23:39   Link #313
solidified

I think the all-star games are really repetitive..

I mean the skills challenge isnt something to get worked up with. Its just player with good "ball skills" doing an obsticle course.
Same goes for the 3-point shootout. nothing special.
& what about the slam dunk contest? Well, there hasnt been much originality over the past years...dont get me wrong, there were really creative dunks...but theyr not dunks that would make everyone remember it for a long time.
Last but not least..the All Star game itself(including the rookie-soph challenge)...is it really worth watching guys fooling around and playing half-assed basketball? There should be a higher level of competitiveness that would actually show us how our "dream teams" would play in a real game.

They added the celebrity game, which is ok but..
I think the NBA all star weekends need more creativity..like maybe a classic 1 on 1 between 2 voted stars to actually see the comparison.
OR...(i was talking to a frend about this the other day) make the dunk contest between NBA stars vs. AND1 dunkers (that wud be awesome)

I'll watch the allstar weekend anyhow..but I dont expect anything we havnt already seen
solidified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-13, 23:42   Link #314
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidified View Post
I think the all-star games are really repetitive..

I mean the skills challenge isnt something to get worked up with. Its just player with good "ball skills" doing an obsticle course.
Same goes for the 3-point shootout. nothing special.
& what about the slam dunk contest? Well, there hasnt been much originality over the past years...dont get me wrong, there were really creative dunks...but theyr not dunks that would make everyone remember it for a long time.
Last but not least..the All Star game itself(including the rookie-soph challenge)...is it really worth watching guys fooling around and playing half-assed basketball? There should be a higher level of competitiveness that would actually show us how our "dream teams" would play in a real game.

They added the celebrity game, which is ok but..
I think the NBA all star weekends need more creativity..like maybe a classic 1 on 1 between 2 voted stars to actually see the comparison.
OR...(i was talking to a frend about this the other day) make the dunk contest between NBA stars vs. AND1 dunkers (that wud be awesome)

I'll watch the allstar weekend anyhow..but I dont expect anything we havnt already seen
I agree.
Also, that AND1 idea or any NBA activity involvement with AND1 would be highly anticipated, especially something like the dunk competition, where people like T.F. "Mr. Air Up There" can shine.

Old 2008-02-14, 00:44   Link #315
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Will be interesting to see what happens if Kidd manages to get traded to the mavs before sunday.
Old 2008-02-14, 00:58   Link #316
Westlo
Lets be reality

I'm still pissed B Diddy didn't make the team :\
Old 2008-02-15, 11:44   Link #317
ApostleOfGod
^.^

Ya. Baron Davis is undoubtedly one of THE best ballers out there. He's underrated from the general public view I guess..

Too bad Nets going to lose Kidd.. Bye bye Vince you Tdot backstabber.. Hello Dirk~

Allstar Celeb game's on tonight~! I hope there's feed in other channels other than Raptors TV (Where I am) and ESPN.... But then again, according to my friend, "The only thing better to do than watching basketball, is playing basketball."

So....

Old 2008-02-15, 11:51   Link #318
Quzor
It's the year 3030...

Go Pistons! Best team in basketball! Except maybe the Celtics, but we'll still whoop 'em in the end!
Old 2008-02-18, 01:43   Link #319
Obi-Wan
Hello there
*Fansubber

It was cool to see David Robinson back in uniform for that shooting stars competition on Saturday night. Also cool to see Dallas blow up their team for Jason Kidd. Diop and Harris were two guys that gave the Spurs problems. Also, LOL @ all these teams making big trades to try and beat Tim Duncan.
Old 2008-02-18, 03:55   Link #320
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Sprite Slam Dunk Contest Results:

1. Dwight Howard - SUPERMAN! dun dun dun dun!

2. Gerald Green - Gave a great effort with his birthday cake dunk, but he made a mistake in the last round when he did a between-the-legs twice in different variations. Still, I don't think defending champs ever have had upper hands in a dunk contest.

3. Jamario Moon - Disappointing. Awesome dunks, but he screwed up in his behind the foul line dunk. I think that cost him.

4. Rudy Gay - Had no shot to begin with ever since he went on youtube for ideas.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote