AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 25 (END) Rating
Perfect 10 263 62.17%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 68 16.08%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 37 8.75%
7 out of 10 : Good 23 5.44%
6 out of 10 : Average 12 2.84%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 3 0.71%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.24%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 14 3.31%
Voters: 423. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-24, 01:39   Link #561
sr7olsniper
Urzu 0

LOL now you make me want to watch Love HIna to see what happedn. Seemed the relationship didnt last haha
Old 2009-04-24, 05:14   Link #562
Naraku

Quote:
Originally Posted by typhonsentra View Post
Guys come on. Do we really need some "5-10 years later" epilogue in every show to reassure the audience that the relationship lasts? Not every show needs to end with a wedding/marriage. They said they love each other, we're given no reason to believe they're being dishonest.

"F&%$ing Love Hina...."
Well let me put it this way... Was your first love dishonest?

My first love certainly was not, but are we still together... Far from it...

It's in this context that I believe the ending is open ended. Do I need a final conclusion that they died beside each other in bed on a sunny afternoon with a smile upon each one of their faces?

No I certainly do not. I like the open ending, but it still is an open ending. That is all I have been stating in these past two posts.
Old 2009-04-24, 06:54   Link #563
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Naraku, as long as you do acknowledge that that's only your expectation that was frustrated, not everyone else's, I have no problem with your posts.

I, for one, don't think of this as "open-ended", as they tied up the loose ends of the story. If they didn't show us that the two eventually reunite, I'd be a bit underwhelmed, myself. Also, I don't need to know what they'll be doing for the rest of their natural lives - I'm fine just knowing they did end up together and that their feelings were communicated to each other. "Happily ever after" only really works in fairy tales. Lots of people feel the same, I'd bet.

And some people's first loves last, actually. I, for example, only fell in love with my wife - of course, I had been in other relationships prior, but love is something I only felt for her, hence, she was my first one.

Old 2009-04-24, 08:41   Link #564
typhonsentra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naraku View Post
Well let me put it this way... Was your first love dishonest?

My first love certainly was not, but are we still together... Far from it...

It's in this context that I believe the ending is open ended. Do I need a final conclusion that they died beside each other in bed on a sunny afternoon with a smile upon each one of their faces?

No I certainly do not. I like the open ending, but it still is an open ending. That is all I have been stating in these past two posts.
Well any relationship where I was in that kind of mode (Lovey dovey), it was before I really got to know the person. In Ryuuji/Taiga's situation they're already past that stage even before dating. As for being open ended, the point of Ryuuji suddenly saying "I love you." so quickly to her was to show that even after having a year to think it over, his feelings didn't waver at all and he could easily say it without thinking twice.

Maybe it won't work out, maybe Taiga was secretly pregnant with Haruta's baby, who knows. The point of the ending was that they're allowed to be together again, happily. You're over-thinking it.

Last edited by typhonsentra; 2009-04-24 at 09:03.
Old 2009-04-24, 20:02   Link #565
Naraku

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
Naraku, as long as you do acknowledge that that's only your expectation that was frustrated, not everyone else's, I have no problem with your posts
Well first off I am glad that you have no issues with my posts, I'm not here to start a war or upset anyone. I'm just trying to engage in friendly conversation, as long as it remains as such than I will gladly state my opinion.

Honestly I'm not frustrated with the ending I liked it, it was just predictable. Toradora ranks at the top of my love / comedy anime list and the ending even if predictable only helped cement it place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR View Post
NarakuAnd some people's first loves last, actually. I, for example, only fell in love with my wife - of course, I had been in other relationships prior, but love is something I only felt for her, hence, she was my first one.
Some people do live happily ever after with their first loves, I honestly wish at times that it had ended that way for me, but that's a different story for a different time.

There is just a chance that things will not always go as planned. I think that Taiga's and Ryuuji's relationship could have gone either way after the ending. It has all the right elements to last until death, but life circumstances can ruin the strongest of bonds (even if you they had over come such things before).

I guess it's fair to say that they will get married, have kids, and have a close tight knit bunch with their parents now included. If your the viewer that is more pessimistic than the ending gives you enough room to assume the worse as well.

Honestly being a man who has had his dreams for true ever lasting love shattered, I will am more inclined to hope that Taiga and Ryuuji stay together forever, because it's painful to believe otherwise.

Specially after we had become so close with their characters.
Old 2009-06-23, 15:42   Link #566
gigaloki
The Silent Ninja Perv

Send a message via Yahoo to gigaloki
i just watched it.. end i almost died. xD INKO-CHAN is THE BEST!!

NOTE@

i dont care if its a repost....

Spoiler for something epic:

YURINESS

NeverGiveUpPH
Old 2009-09-07, 19:48   Link #567
Dr. Casey

I've watched Toradora across the past week. I don't know why I waited so long, this series was great. My favorite part of the episode was actually a minor one, where the students all whipped out their cell phones to text Taiga rather than taking the 'mature' approach Yuri suggested. Very genuine and honest, it was refreshing to see them do that rather than just pretend to accept things, and JC Staff did the scene with a lot of dramatic flair to boot.

Man. I'll miss this show.
Old 2009-09-12, 01:37   Link #568
Inuzuka72

Send a message via Yahoo to Inuzuka72
I like this anime right from the first episode and last episode and it was like a perfect anime for love genre... It combines humor, love, minor violence, mature storyline and good impose of main and sub anime character...

I can watch it again over and over again...
'Aerial'
Old 2009-10-14, 19:30   Link #569
Raiga
tl;dr

Quote:
Originally Posted by trocrign73 View Post
I really like this anime. Its a lot of fun to watch and is always good for a good laugh. In 10 the cave part was funny. Cant wait for next week
... I hate to break it to you, but the series is over. ^^;;
Old 2009-10-19, 00:43   Link #570
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
thougth the series was excellent but to be honest i was a bit disappointed that it did not end up as Ryuji and Ami together.
Old 2009-11-11, 21:51   Link #571
durack

Ami is too good for Ryuji, she'll find someone better.

Ok, there, I said it. Feel free to pile on the hate.
Old 2009-11-12, 02:42   Link #572
kenshin-dono
I'm on a boat!!!

finished this show up recnetly and just spent hours reading through this thread and a couple others. PHEW

I recently got back into anime after an almost 5 year hiatus. I got sick of the same old same old. Spice and wolf and this are 2 of the stand out shows ive seen so far that have made me glad to be back. It looked like a harem anime or something which was one of the things i was sick of but i was very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed all the characters (except for friggin inko-chan ungh) and really loved a lot of the emotional scenes leading up to the end

.. unfortunatly the actual end left me feeling a bit flat. Lots of people arguing about the open endedness/not open endedness of this ending. Well to me its far too vague, mostly because of the giant 1 year gap.. cmon, thats just ABSURD. We have no idea what happened then, if they stayed in touch, what happened. it just left a very sour taste in my mouth and kinda brought the series down from great to just good. I hear the novels had it as only a couple months which would have been MUCH better and more belivable. I really dont get why they didn't just stick with that

anyway, i do have one question that i didn't see answered here... did Taiga and Ryuji actually make love that night at the grandparents house? That kiss scene was the best ive seen (i cant belive some people were comparing it to junk in naruto and bleach o_O) and it got really hot and heavy there near the end, then you just had a pan away. I saw this brought up near the end of this thread but it wasn't really answered. People just said 'it doesn't really matter' and moved on. Well, ya, it kinda matters

thats the only major question i had about this series. I dont think the novel had that scene in it, i'll have to go look over in the novel thread i guess. I also need to find out how the novel ended vs this one

all in all this was an enjoyable series marred by that giant time skip
Old 2009-11-12, 11:03   Link #573
BetoJR
A blast from the past
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
People just said 'it doesn't really matter' and moved on. Well, ya, it kinda matters
Well, it matters to you. To others, not so much.

Old 2009-11-13, 18:55   Link #574
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenshin-dono View Post
finished this show up recnetly and just spent hours reading through this thread and a couple others. PHEW

I recently got back into anime after an almost 5 year hiatus. I got sick of the same old same old. Spice and wolf and this are 2 of the stand out shows ive seen so far that have made me glad to be back. It looked like a harem anime or something which was one of the things i was sick of but i was very pleasantly surprised. I really enjoyed all the characters (except for friggin inko-chan ungh) and really loved a lot of the emotional scenes leading up to the end

.. unfortunatly the actual end left me feeling a bit flat. Lots of people arguing about the open endedness/not open endedness of this ending. Well to me its far too vague, mostly because of the giant 1 year gap.. cmon, thats just ABSURD. We have no idea what happened then, if they stayed in touch, what happened. it just left a very sour taste in my mouth and kinda brought the series down from great to just good. I hear the novels had it as only a couple months which would have been MUCH better and more belivable. I really dont get why they didn't just stick with that

anyway, i do have one question that i didn't see answered here... did Taiga and Ryuji actually make love that night at the grandparents house? That kiss scene was the best ive seen (i cant belive some people were comparing it to junk in naruto and bleach o_O) and it got really hot and heavy there near the end, then you just had a pan away. I saw this brought up near the end of this thread but it wasn't really answered. People just said 'it doesn't really matter' and moved on. Well, ya, it kinda matters

thats the only major question i had about this series. I dont think the novel had that scene in it, i'll have to go look over in the novel thread i guess. I also need to find out how the novel ended vs this one

all in all this was an enjoyable series marred by that giant time skip
Whether they did or not is left to the creative choice of the reader. There's no conclusive evidence either way and many clues that suggest either way. It all depends on the baggage each reader brings I guess

I *suspect* after all they'd been through that, yes, they probably did consummate their relationship. But its just an assumption.
Old 2010-01-01, 04:32   Link #575
hazelnut

Well they say that the best action always happens off-screenright But in the end i don't think we really need to know. This was a really great show btw, saw it in a few sessions over the last week and felt compelled to search out a forum discussion about it, something which i generally don't tend to do. About the ending and whether they stayed together forever after or not, i'd personally leave it all up to imagination as well. The focus of the story for me was as much about Ryuuji and Taiga's growing up as it was about their relationship. But it's nice to think that they managed to weather the world's fortunes and misfortunes together for a good while.
Old 2010-01-21, 09:08   Link #576
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

My tears almost falling down!!
Nice anime!! Perfect score!
Old 2010-01-21, 10:33   Link #577
kira-sama

Send a message via MSN to kira-sama Send a message via Yahoo to kira-sama
@yami
you tears just almost falling down, but mine falling down like waterfall ^_^:, love this anime so much!
Old 2010-01-22, 04:57   Link #578
canza

I hated it because Ryuuji chose Taiga.

But, it was a great ending.

Last edited by canza; 2010-01-22 at 05:12.
Old 2010-01-23, 00:35   Link #579
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by canza View Post
I hated it because Ryuuji chose Taiga.

But, it was a great ending.
sigh... it was *never* a harem story anime but whatever...
Old 2010-02-02, 03:49   Link #580
canza

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
sigh... it was *never* a harem story anime but whatever...

You mean the anime didn't "focus" on the harem as much as other aspects.

Three girls like him. Haremmmmmmmmmmmmmm