AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Kami nomi/TWGOK

Notices

Old 2011-10-25, 23:22   Link #5781
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

I never liked the argument that just because Chihiro is supposed to be the normal girl it fits that she won't have a goddess, for me because she has always wanted to shine, for her to have a goddess is one of the ways her character can shine even more literally. The point is even normal people can shine. Well we will find out soon enough.
Old 2011-10-26, 01:57   Link #5782
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
Exactly. Because the mangaka seems to delight in trolling his readers everyone is on their guard against the obvious choice of Ayumi housing Mercury.... -_-
So far all the twists with the story have not involved Keima being wrong about the goddesses though. Plus if neither Ayumi nor Chihiro are Mercury then that would lengthen goddess arc even further.

And besides, in a way, you could say that the twist of Ayumi not having a goddess might be too obvious to use.

There are are many hints for Ayumi being Mercury, I don't think that the author normally uses red herrings like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BladeEntity View Post
I never liked the argument that just because Chihiro is supposed to be the normal girl it fits that she won't have a goddess, for me because she has always wanted to shine, for her to have a goddess is one of the ways her character can shine even more literally. The point is even normal people can shine. Well we will find out soon enough.
Ah but if she has a goddess that means that she's not a "normal person" any more.

Last edited by moridin84; 2011-10-26 at 13:52.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 03:34   Link #5783
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Being a host doesn't mean she isn't a normal person
Old 2011-10-26, 04:28   Link #5784
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Well, surely Miyako gets quite a screen time in recent event because of her involvement as a member of 2B Pencil...
But for her to harbour a goddess... The possibility is quite dim..
As Keima mentions, the goddess in inside the person he already conquered... Or Wakiki~sensei wanna proof that Keima is wrong there...

Anyway, we should find out the mystery in 2-3 chapters as School Festival is getting near, or not?? Haizzz....
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 08:01   Link #5785
Shadow5YA

I really don't like the idea of Miyako having a goddess. It doesn't seem like Wakaki has given enough hints to justify her being a goddess, unlike Kanon.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 08:31   Link #5786
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by moridin84 View Post
Indeed, it's the thing he brings up the second-most often.
That is because :

1. The storyline is too focused and there aren't any new clues to guess other things.
2. People won't stop slandering my waifus. Neither would they stop being such bad influences to my cute little girls.

Quote:
Ayumi as Mercury makes the most sense, the only reason to doubt it is because it's "too obvious" but if the author plays that straight and makes the twist to be something completely different... then Miyako being something "special" but not a "goddess" would be it.
Fixed. Please don't spell the name of my fiancee wrongly.

Quote:
By the way, was Lune a member of the Runaway Squad or did Vintage make her one so she could replace Haqua?
I am more likely to think that she was already one. Probably parents to kids type.

Quote:
Errm, I thought that read that in this thread. There was even an image of the volume cover. If that is not the case, I can go and look to see if I can find it again.
Wakaki had dropped a few bullets, but we still don't know whose Chekov's gun is going to be fired.

Maybe Keima's water cannon from his fire truck at Elsie?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
I really don't like the idea of Miyako having a goddess. It doesn't seem like Wakaki has given enough hints to justify her being a goddess, unlike Kanon.
Miyako has be a major recurring character since the start of the manga, but she has never been given any important roles or lines.

Also, she is the only character who had the same hint as the three younger goddesses (Minerva, Mars, Mercury) - her surname. If she is truly Mercury, I am quite sure she would be the Team Mom of the six since we already have a tsundere, purity fetishist, loli with lots of knowledge (excluding THAT kind of knowledge), idiot and Amazoness for goddesses; there is a need for someone to keep them together right?

Especially Apollo and Minerva. One has two ahoge, hence TWICE the idiocy, and the other is the smartest of the six, albeit with some forbidden knowledge - I suspect she might be the driving force behind the Roman emperor advisors to why Roman emperors behave so queerly.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.

Last edited by SaintessHeart; 2011-10-26 at 08:41.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 08:37   Link #5787
.:Jason:.
~The Radiant Protector~

Send a message via AIM to .:Jason:. Send a message via MSN to .:Jason:.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
But some got a goddess later, like Yui.

Set by TheEroKing.
.:Jason:. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 14:08   Link #5788
moridin84
Custom User Title

Quote:
Being a host doesn't mean she isn't a normal person
We have different definitions of 'normal' then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
As Keima mentions, the goddess in inside the person he already conquered... Or Wakiki~sensei wanna proof that Keima is wrong there...
Well it's just a theory on his part, it just happens to have been true up until now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA
Well if she had a big sign over her head saying "I'M A GODDESS, MAYBE" like Ayumi it wouldn't be much of a twist.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-27, 15:25   Link #5789
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Your waifus are corrupted already, Saintessheart.... give in. And Keima loves crossdressing, and so does Yui.

Fiore has been ignored cause she was probably the weakest, it's so sad no one from Vintage noticed her absence.
Old 2011-10-29, 11:43   Link #5790
konart

Spoiler for 164:
Old 2011-10-29, 12:07   Link #5791
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by konart View Post
Spoiler for 164:
Spoiler:
ID555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-29, 13:59   Link #5792
tsunade666

Spoiler for 164:
Old 2011-10-30, 08:57   Link #5793
BladeEntity
Anything's Possible
*Author

Anyone else still hoping that Ayumi will be the one for gets the true love route.
Old 2011-10-30, 11:08   Link #5794
Bafflement

Spoiler for 164:
Bafflement is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 11:44   Link #5795
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Anyone else still hoping that Ayumi will be the one for gets the true love route.
Yep. And she might will do so. Only god knows.
Old 2011-10-30, 12:05   Link #5796
Shadow5YA

The outfit Nikaido cosplays in just screams dominatrix.
Shadow5YA is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-30, 12:35   Link #5797
tsunade666

Quote:
If Ayumi does't have the goddess and just falls in love with Kami the normal way then I will ship for her in the true love route! let's aim for the true route
Old 2011-10-31, 08:14   Link #5798
konart

Ayumi in maid outfit is too cute :3 Yes, the spoiler pic is out on rhs
Old 2011-10-31, 08:22   Link #5799
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Ayumi in that outfit are simply indescribable.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-31, 14:32   Link #5800
Ryuutai

Quote:
Uhm...no! I'm all for Chihiro! xD
Ryuutai is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, harem, shounen