AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > True Tears

Notices

View Poll Results: True Tears - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 76 49.67%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 54 35.29%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.11%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 2.61%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.65%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.65%
Voters: 153. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-02-13, 06:04   Link #201
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by margafred View Post
Talk about the increasing number of fans that support Hiromi x Shin ending.

No...its not a first time actually.That kind of confession did appear in other romance anime,manga and live action...just that it didn't exactly appear just like how True Tears did.Such kind of confession,where a person act as a cupid angel to unite a boy and girl to become a couple is not rare or strange in anime nowadays.Example of it would be Da Capo 2 where Anzu and Akane act as a cupid angel,to unite Yoshiyuki and Koko.Even Love Hina also is a series that uses this kind of way to unite the main guy (Keitaro) with the main girl (Naru).

Of course from male point of view,such way is kind of a chicken way,and ruining male's pride,since to male,love confession is somewhat a part of their pride too..so usually this kind of confession won't appear in anime/series where the main guy is a type that looks strong,brave and prideful (like Isurugi Jun).

I lazy to extend my point about man's pride haha...someone for sure will shoot me for it if i type everything about it in here.
You are not getting the point, I have said that yes the cupid angel and hook ups have been used before, But the way it was done here I have never seen it before. the case with Koko and Yoshiyuki, they left and she did her confession ALONE! She didn't have a guy or girl right there with doing her talking.

If Nobuse had done the confession alone without having his "attorney" there to make his case, then I doubt Aiko would have accepted. I have never seen a double teaming like that in anime before and that is why this is one of a kind. the cases you are mentioning are completely different.

this is a bona fide first in anime, if I am wrong mention to me one where the guy confessed and then had a friend make his case for him. It has never happened. Also a guy introducing a friend to a girl doesn't count either, that is a different thing.
Old 2008-02-13, 06:07   Link #202
D a m i e n
permanentely bored

Send a message via ICQ to D a m i e n
i m pissed i still havent had the time to watch this episode. if my schedule stay the same i guess i ll do what i said i would and just wait for the serie to be over to watch it all in one big batch.
just gotta avoid those boards for a while
Old 2008-02-13, 06:19   Link #203
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
You are not getting the point, I have said that yes the cupid angel and hook ups have been used before, But the way it was done here I have never seen it before. the case with Koko and Yoshiyuki, they left and she did her confession ALONE! She didn't have a guy or girl right there with doing her talking.

If Nobuse had done the confession alone without having his "attorney" there to make his case, then I doubt Aiko would have accepted. I have never seen a double teaming like that in anime before and that is why this is one of a kind. the cases you are mentioning are completely different.
Ah i see...and i thought you were talking about that type of confession never been used in other series/manga.

Anyway i think i remember got other series that have such kind confession,just that i forget the title already,since it was an old anime (i think its a 90s anime).Once i remember it,i will list the title in here

Anyway about Aiko,i think even without Shin standing near at that time when Nobuse confess his love towards her,she would still accept him.And i don't think its because of Shin that she accepted Nobuse's love.In my eyes,Aiko is a kind hearted type of girl,that care for other people's heart..at the time when she accepted Nobuse's love,i believe she already had feelings for Shin,AND she knew about Hiromi staying together with Shin,and knew about their relationship.

What i'm saying here is that,probably at that time,she decided to give up on Shin and trying to give her heart a chance to accept other ppl's love,since she feel like there's no way for her to win Shin's heart when her rival is a girl that actually staying under one roof with Shin.If not,maybe she's just like Yoshiyuki,didn't want to hurt Nobuse's feeling by rejecting his love,so she just accept his confession,thinking that everything would be fine.

As for Nobuse,i do feel pity for him too.But i hope he don't put the blame to Shin in case Aiko really started to make her move towards Shin.
Old 2008-02-13, 07:06   Link #204
golthin

Quote:
Ah i see...and i thought you were talking about that type of confession never been used in other series/manga.

Anyway i think i remember got other series that have such kind confession,just that i forget the title already,since it was an old anime (i think its a 90s anime).Once i remember it,i will list the title in here

Anyway about Aiko,i think even without Shin standing near at that time when Nobuse confess his love towards her,she would still accept him.And i don't think its because of Shin that she accepted Nobuse's love.In my eyes,Aiko is a kind hearted type of girl,that care for other people's heart..at the time when she accepted Nobuse's love,i believe she already had feelings for Shin,AND she knew about Hiromi staying together with Shin,and knew about their relationship.

What i'm saying here is that,probably at that time,she decided to give up on Shin and trying to give her heart a chance to accept other ppl's love,since she feel like there's no way for her to win Shin's heart when her rival is a girl that actually staying under one roof with Shin.If not,maybe she's just like Yoshiyuki,didn't want to hurt Nobuse's feeling by rejecting his love,so she just accept his confession,thinking that everything would be fine.

As for Nobuse,i do feel pity for him too.But i hope he don't put the blame to Shin in case Aiko really started to make her move towards Shin.
hmm, you are one of the very few people that think that I aiko would have said yes even without Shin there. What made Aiko say yes was Shin reasuring her that Nobuse was a "GOOD GUY" and when she admited it and said she knew that he was a good guy, that is when she said yes.
She gave nobuse a try, but her heart is still with Shin.

We disagree and that is fine, I don't think Aiko would have accepted if Shin had not been there, and my proof is how tortured she is. Imagine yourself, the guy or girl you like comes and ask you to go out with somebody else, you will feel like he or she doesn't think of you that way at all.
Old 2008-02-13, 07:12   Link #205
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Quote:
hmm, you are one of the very few people that think that I aiko would have said yes even without Shin there.
I agree...

The reason (for me) why she accepted nobu's confession was because shin was there to do the poking. For one thing she didn't want to disappoint shin by turning nobu down and for another, turning him down there and then would make shin feel differently about her - as if she was left with no choice if she turned nobu down then they won't even be friends anymore. Silly reason but a major fear of ai.

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-02-13, 07:52   Link #206
Kamesan

I sympathize with Hiromi a little bit in this ep but I still can't stand her. Noe X Shin for the win!
Old 2008-02-13, 09:53   Link #207
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamesan View Post
I sympathize with Hiromi a little bit in this ep but I still can't stand her. Noe X Shin for the win!
No not Noe! I'd rather Aiko than Noe... but c'mon Shin X Hiromi go :P
Old 2008-02-13, 10:14   Link #208
ReizoSan
Make Your Move

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
No not Noe! I'd rather Aiko than Noe... but c'mon Shin X Hiromi go :P
I like All the characters at the moment even Hiromi only due to how Shin's mother has treated her, but i want Shin X Aiko.
Old 2008-02-13, 11:13   Link #209
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReizoSan View Post
I like All the characters at the moment even Hiromi only due to how Shin's mother has treated her, but i want Shin X Aiko.
I was leaning toward Aiko before. After episode 6, I am now rooting for Hiromi. Aiko was the underdog before, now it is Hiromi. I will not lose sleep if either Hiromi or Aiko is the winner, I might turn in my sleep if Noe wins though.
Old 2008-02-13, 11:26   Link #210
SnEptUne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandarb916 View Post
Spoiler:
Maybe, but that wouldn't be too interesting now, would it? Whether it is true or not doesn't matter.

Spoiler:

Then again, I think they are making a fuse out of nothing. Especially the mother... geez, she needs to grow up. She reminds me of the stereotypical "stepmother", in which Hiromi is just a burden in a place isn't meant for or belong to her. On the bright side, they can now blame everything to the mother!

Quote:
I was leaning toward Aiko before. After episode 6, I am now rooting for Hiromi. Aiko was the underdog before, now it is Hiromi. I will not lose sleep if either Hiromi or Aiko is the winner, I might turn in my sleep if Noe wins though.
What's wrong with Noe, beside being extremely queer? She seems to be the only "philosophical" one, who can laugh earnestly without selfish feelings. But I maybe biased, since I am a queer as well.

Last edited by Pellissier; 2008-02-13 at 12:13. Reason: please use the "edit" button instead of double posting
Old 2008-02-13, 13:27   Link #211
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
I agree...

The reason (for me) why she accepted nobu's confession was because shin was there to do the poking. For one thing she didn't want to disappoint shin by turning nobu down and for another, turning him down there and then would make shin feel differently about her - as if she was left with no choice if she turned nobu down then they won't even be friends anymore. Silly reason but a major fear of ai.
WOW DK you really think she would have accepted if Shin was not there. That scene i got the distinct impression she felt trapped and that if she said no Shins impression of her might drop and she didnt want that. I mean Nobuse did none of the talking Shin said everything that Nobuse should have said. Maybe im misunderstanding what your trying to say.
Old 2008-02-13, 13:47   Link #212
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
WOW DK you really think she would have accepted if Shin was not there. That scene i got the distinct impression she felt trapped and that if she said no Shins impression of her might drop and she didnt want that. I mean Nobuse did none of the talking Shin said everything that Nobuse should have said. Maybe im misunderstanding what your trying to say.
Sinestra, I think your are not comprehending what DK said correctly. He is agreeing with me and what he wrote say that she was trapped.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:01   Link #213
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
hmm, you are one of the very few people that think that I aiko would have said yes even without Shin there. What made Aiko say yes was Shin reasuring her that Nobuse was a "GOOD GUY" and when she admited it and said she knew that he was a good guy, that is when she said yes.

We disagree and that is fine, I don't think Aiko would have accepted if Shin had not been there, and my proof is how tortured she is. Imagine yourself, the guy or girl you like comes and ask you to go out with somebody else, you will feel like he or she doesn't think of you that way at all.
Well that one might be true too...i don't really have a proof on my theories though,i just wrote down things that i felt might be the reason for Ai to accept Nobuse.

Okay,i'm not really cheering for Ai just becoz i talked this much about Ai..but i'm sure interested in yours and Deathkillz's point.

What made Aiko say yes was Shin reasuring her that Nobuse was a "GOOD GUY" and when she admited it and said she knew that he was a good guy, that is when she said yes.

From the way you both saying it,its like you were saying that Shin only need to convince Ai 1 time to go out with Nobuse.If that was the case,then she should show a shocking kind of face by the time Nobuse confessed to her.I don't think Ai is the type that could guess other ppl's feeling just by looking at them,so i'm sure she didn't know/unable to figure out that Nobuse had feeling for her.If she only manage to figure out on that confession day that Nobuse love her,sure she won't be able to show a calm kind of face as shown in episode 6.Even with Shin standing there,sure it wouldn't be that simple for her to decide things quickly,especially when it concerned about love.

So what i'm saying here is that,Shin most likely already convinced Aiko to go out with Nobuse even before that confession day,probably after Shin knew that Nobuse had feeling for Aiko.When Nobuse start to have feeling for Ai,i'm sure he told about it to Shin and ask him for help.And that's where the whole thing started,everytime Shin having a chat with Aiko,surely he included the topic about Nobuse in it and spreading about Nobuse's goodness in front of her,as a way of convincing Aiko to go out with him.This is where Aiko started to feel that Shin doesn't really have feeling for her,when she actually had feeling for him.

After numerous times of convincing,and after thinking about the whole thing thoroughly,finally Aiko gave up and agree with Shin to accept Nobuse.Then after that,as shown in the anime itself,we saw Nobuse confesses his feeling in front of Aiko,with Aiko showing a steady and calmier face,just that she look a lil bit confusedat that time.

So my point here is,even without Shin standing near at that time,i believe Aiko already made up her mind after being convinced (more like being tortured as said by Golthin) by Shin,whom she had feelings for.Only after understanding that Shin had no feeling for her,and even asking her to go out with Nobuse,Aiko had no choice but to accept the fact that there's no way for her to be together with Shin,thus leading her to agree with Shin's request.If she decided to break her own word and reject Nobuse's confession,then surely it would become like what DKZ had said - turning him down there and then would make shin feel differently about her - as if she was left with no choice if she turned nobu down then they won't even be friends anymore ..

Ahh i hate my poor English..
Old 2008-02-13, 14:08   Link #214
golthin

Quote:
Well that one might be true too...i don't really have a proof on my theories though,i just wrote down things that i felt might be the reason for Ai to accept Nobuse.

Okay,i'm not really cheering for Ai just becoz i'm talked this much about Ai..but i'm sure interested in yours and Deathkillz's point.

What made Aiko say yes was Shin reasuring her that Nobuse was a "GOOD GUY" and when she admited it and said she knew that he was a good guy, that is when she said yes.

From the way you both saying it,its like you were saying that Shin only need to convince Ai 1 time to go out with Nobuse.If that was the case,then she should show a shocking kind of face by the time Nobuse confessed to her.I don't think Ai is the type that could guess other ppl's feeling just by looking at them,so i'm sure she didn't know/unable to figure out that Nobuse had feeling for her.If she only manage to figure out on that confession day that Nobuse love her,sure she won't be able to show a calm kind of face as shown in episode 6.Even with Shin standing there,sure it wouldn't be that simple for her to decide things quickly,especially when it concerned about love.

So what i'm saying here is that,Shin most likely already convinced Aiko to go out with Nobuse even before that confession day,probably after Shin knew that Nobuse had feeling for Aiko.When Nobuse start to have feeling for Ai,i'm sure he told about it to Shin and ask him for help.And that's where the whole thing started,everytime Shin having a chat with Aiko,surely he included the topic about Nobuse in it,as a way of convincing Aiko to go out with him.This is where Aiko started to feel that Shin doesn't really have feeling for her,when she actually had feeling for him.

After numerous times of convincing,and after thinking about the whole thing thoroughly,finally Aiko gave up and agree with Shin to accept Nobuse.Then after that,as shown in the anime itself,we saw Nobuse confesses his feeling in front of Aiko,with Aiko showing a steady and calmier face,just that she look a lil bit confusedat that time.

So my point here is,even without Shin standing near at that time,i believe Aiko already made up her mind after being convinced (more like being tortured as said by Golthin) by Shin,whom she had feelings for.Only after understanding that Shin had no feeling for her,and even asking her to go out with Nobuse,Aiko had no choice but to accept the fact that there's no way for her to be together with Shin,thus leading her to agree with Shin's request.If she decided to break her own word and reject Nobuse's confession,then surely it would become like what DKZ had said - turning him down there and then would make shin feel differently about her - as if she was left with no choice if she turned nobu down then they won't even be friends anymore ..

you didn't see Aiko's surprised face? I don't know what else could the animators do to show you that she was surprised. She looked pretty surprised to me. It is true that Aiko most likely gave up on Shin right there, because she knew that Shin was in love with hiromi. Recent events about she finding that Hiromi likes somebody else and seeing Shin walking with Noe have given Aiko hope and reawaken her feelings for Shin.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:27   Link #215
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Sinestra, I think your are not comprehending what DK said correctly. He is agreeing with me and what he wrote say that she was trapped.
oK thats what i thought the way he phrased it was weird because of your previous conversation about how you thought he was one of the few people who thought she would have said yes even without Shins influence. But i get it now.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:30   Link #216
billbrown
Failing Silent Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanshun View Post
A train wreck usually refers to when something de-rails, goes flying off the track and all thats left is a wreckage. True Tears does not even come close to being in this category. As a reference watch H2O episode 4.

Also all this talk about ED and OP and credit listing clues, the biggest clue of them all is far simpler. Hiromi wins in character design and overall because she is the only girl with long hair. In such a beautifully animated show she is given the extra treatment. The way her hair fell to the side when she apologized to Shin about asking him to talk to Noe, the way it gets animated so vividly and moving whenever she plays basketball, how it flew in the wind while on the beach. Its almost like a secondary character that makes Hiromi just stand out and seem more animated.
Nah, that's not what the term trainwreck is trying to describe. What you just described is a literal trainwreck, which is not how it's supposed to be used.

It's from the saying "It's like a trainwreck - it's so horrible/tragic/painful yet I can't stop looking." Horrible not used to describe the quality of what you're watching, but rather the gravity of the situation. Episode 4 of H20 was just plain bad(at least they got it out of the way early). The whole situation with Shin/Hiromi and Shin/Nobuse/Aiko can be described as an emotional trainwreck - it's painfully tragic but you keep watching.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:30   Link #217
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
oK thats what i thought the way he phrased it was weird because of your previous conversation about how you thought he was one of the few people who thought she would have said yes even without Shins influence. But i get it now.
No, it was not DK who said that! IT was margafred who said that!
Old 2008-02-13, 14:31   Link #218
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by billbrown View Post
The whole situation with Shin/Hiromi and Shin/Nobuse/Aiko can be described as an emotional trainwreck - it's painfully tragic but you keep watching.
Yep Yep Yep! That is why we are watching it! We all are a bunch of Masochist!
Old 2008-02-13, 14:33   Link #219
margafred
ლ(́◉◞౪◟ ◉ ლ )

Quote:
you didn't see Aiko's surprised face? I don't know what else could the animators do to show you that she was surprised.
Spoiler for Image:

I don't really think that is the typical shocking expression isn't it

Well i believe a shocking face for someone who suddenly get a love confession should be like Kagami's expression in Lucky Star ep 22,when she notice a "love letter" on her bag pocket.

Quote:
No, it was not DK who said that! IT was margafred who said that!
I think all my theories were based on the fact that "she decided it becoz of Shin",either directly or indirectly,except for this one >> If not,maybe she's just like Yoshiyuki,didn't want to hurt Nobuse's feeling by rejecting his love,so she just accept his confession,thinking that everything would be fine.
Old 2008-02-13, 14:38   Link #220
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

So... they say its possible that Hiromi and Shinichiro are possibly half siblings... why did they never bothered to take a DNA test?

Aiko ftw! although... it feels like shes the least likely to win though...

This show is a walking trainwreck! Incest and betrayel written all over the place!
Closed Thread