AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-04-06, 20:24   Link #61
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Evangelion Secrets

I don't believe this info has been posted on Animesuki yet. (the thread this info was on is a bit old, though) It's very interesting (osme already well-known, some guessed, and some new stuff), so I decided to quote it here for Eva fans. I found this info on www.minitokyo.net
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranga
some of you do know and some of you don't. There is a new ps2 Evangelion 2 game, in this game you will learn secrets you can't find in the manga or the anime; direct from the creators of the anime themselves. Here is some of the info you would not know otherwise.

Spoiler:
Old 2006-04-06, 21:20   Link #62
CaiSter21

wat evangelion ps2 game is this from?
is the game released in the states?
CaiSter21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-06, 22:09   Link #63
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaiSter21
wat evangelion ps2 game is this from?
is the game released in the states?
It's just called Evangelion 2 as Rango said, I believe

I also believe there is no US version.
Old 2006-04-07, 03:08   Link #64
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103
It's just called Evangelion 2 as Rango said, I believe

I also believe there is no US version.
Correction.

It is called "Evangelions 2". The reason for the extra s is to show the multiple possibilities the game offers...
Old 2006-04-07, 10:56   Link #65
Seyluun

In any case, thanks a lot for the infos Shinji103. It's quite fun to have answers to mysteries left unsolved for ten years.
Seyluun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-07, 12:33   Link #66
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seyluun
In any case, thanks a lot for the infos Shinji103. It's quite fun to have answers to mysteries left unsolved for ten years.
I don't know about that... I knew the answers for a year or two now, but had been reluctant to tell people about it. Gainax deliberately hid the truth because it's more fun to make up one's own explanations.
Old 2006-04-23, 12:23   Link #67
karasuma

Very cool Eva music video

This is the best anime music video I have ever seen. I heard that this is a bit old, but it is still good. This video feature Asuka with a german song call Engel. ( Don't ask me, I don't know any german.. ). I think Engel = Angel?!?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PVQaixvlMwo

I have to get this once I saw it. You can get the full version of it at :

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/memb...fo.php?v=35122
karasuma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 10:47   Link #68
Z.E.R.O
Twisted Member

NGE's Angels

What would you say is the creepiest/freakiest/weirdest/ just plain disturbingist angel in Neon Genesis Evangelion?

My choice would be Adam, you only ever see 3 shots of him in the whole thing and he looks really werid in the way that he's just like an eva (and why does he have those shoulder pylons anyway? i thougth NERV put them on to restrain the evas) plus if you were being carried by your dying dad through this corpse littered wasteland and the roof ripped of to reveal that thing wouldnt you be scared?

Z.E.R.O is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-10, 17:24   Link #69
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Adam doesn't look like an EVA, it was NERV that decided the EVAs to look like Adam. All EVAs are supposed to be clones of Adam, except EVA-01 which is a Lilith clone, but it think it may be the other way round, I forgot lol

The weirdest angels would be Lilith and Armisael for me. Not sure why, maybe just because the rest of the angels aren't weird for me lol.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
C.A. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-05-11, 06:25   Link #70
Z.E.R.O
Twisted Member

yeah lillith's freaky.

But wait a second here When unit 01 goes berserk in episode 19 it pops it's shoulder plates off and Ritsuko syas thery'e binders to keep Eva's innate power under control. so why does adam have them? a friend of mine suggested that they were his wings all folded up but i pointed out Eva unit 01 gets wings in EoE and she's got her shoulder plates on. wtf?
Old 2006-05-11, 09:27   Link #71
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z.E.R.O
yeah lillith's freaky.

But wait a second here When unit 01 goes berserk in episode 19 it pops it's shoulder plates off and Ritsuko syas thery'e binders to keep Eva's innate power under control. so why does adam have them? a friend of mine suggested that they were his wings all folded up but i pointed out Eva unit 01 gets wings in EoE and she's got her shoulder plates on. wtf?
There was a great deal of difficulty encountered during the constructions of the EVAs.

As the EVA graveyard showed, they failed countless times before Unit-00 finally survived. You might have noticed that there are different numbers of eyes in some of the 'corpses". Adam's shoulderblades was just another variable, as the EVAs didn't need to look exactly like him.

Adjustments were made as Ritsuko's team went through dead EVAs in the trial-and-error process. The shoulder-blades were not necessary for the EVAs to function, but it clearly was useful as a weapon-storage space. That's why the Kai-version of Unit 00 had the shoulder-blades attached.

The shoulder-blades store the prog-knives on the left shoulder, function as an attachment for the extra batteries in the "The day Tokyo-3 stood still" episode, and Asuka used the right shoulderblade as a secret weapon in the movie.
Old 2006-05-14, 03:43   Link #72
Z.E.R.O
Twisted Member

yes but unit 01 rips them off and ritsuko calls them binders. i think they might have decided that unit 00 needed them after its berserk outburst. because the second time it went bersek they had been temporaliy removed for the test.

They also contain Retro rockets also seen in "the day tokyo 3 stood still"
According to some guides and model kits part of EVA 01's shoulder blade also becomes a big sword

And the mass produced EVAs dont have them, why i wonder?

finally why does EVA 02 get the most awful redesign ever for the EoE movie?
The arms are shorter, The body doesn't narro as it gets closer to the hip's the infamous shoulder blades are much shorter and they'r flat (so where does the needle gun go) plus the hep looks weird, dont exactly know how to describe it but it does. also it's movements seem strange and blocky
Old 2006-05-17, 20:58   Link #73
Dural
Me > You

So ADV is releasing a 10th Anniversary Box Set for EVA. The news can be found on www.animeondvd.com

Glad I was to broke to pick up the Platinum Editions at the time.

The Box is said to be Limited and runs $250
Dural is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 16:51   Link #74
Zdrok

Life, love, indifferance, and truth-Evangelion

I have recently finished watching this anime after many years of avoiding it. Reasons being, this is the "most controversial" anime ever to... exist. though i love a thought provoking anime, this seemed too much to me for the first few years of my anime experiance. i was probably right.

I would like to thank my friend Austin for helping me understand the core concepts i probably would have missed while watching this anime. some of the basics.... but mostly helping me understand the last four episodes (that includes the movie). But what he didnt help me with is is the underlying message. though it may not exist and i might be pulling this out of my ass, i think there is one.

i bet the type of post has been done over and over again, explaining and arguing over evangelion and what its true meaning is or something.

so please humor me, a freshly made evangelion survivor who wants some answers to this twisted, disturbing, upsetting... yet beautiful anime.

i have a few things i think that this anime might... discuss in some way would be some philosophical ideas. such as post modernism or the... well crap. the "i think therefor i am" philosophy. please help me
Zdrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 17:52   Link #75
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Like most anime, I think its about the definition of humanity and the strive for individuality. That's what it all seems to boil down to, mixed in with more psychological and religious references than I care to recognize all at once.

Shinji just wants someone to love him unconditionally, which he will never find. Asuka wants to be the best at everything, which isn't possible. Rei is a clone with a fake soul. Gendo can't let go of the past. Misato regrets the hateful way she treated her father. That's about it, in a nutshell. I'm sure someone will disagree, though, which is why this is a great anime.
Old 2006-08-02, 18:40   Link #76
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
But what about PenPen?
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-02, 19:57   Link #77
the.Merines
Seeker of Power

Send a message via AIM to the.Merines Send a message via MSN to the.Merines
Penpen's backstory and personality are far too important and extensive to be put into a few words.
Old 2006-08-02, 22:33   Link #78
Zdrok

im hoping that that was sarcasm about pen pen
Zdrok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 01:07   Link #79
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Some people don't think so.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-08-03, 07:13   Link #80
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
Well you know, PenPen was the one that shot Kaji.

Or at least that's what I say.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mecha, psychological