AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-01-24, 12:14   Link #3541
Leinne
Who... am I?

can anyone tell me the japanese word that is used for 'corpse'?
especially in ep2 Jessica's room
THX
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-24, 12:27   Link #3542
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

死体 (dead body, corpse, cadaver), which was used in both corpse portion in ep2.

Please note that the wording was "slightly" different between the red one and not red one:
朱志香の死体 (for the discovery)
死体の朱志香 (when Beatrice adds her in red)

It is pretty much like in English: Jessica's corpse and corpse of Jessica.
Old 2010-01-24, 12:32   Link #3543
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
死体 (dead body, corpse, cadaver), which was used in both corpse portion in ep2.

Please note that the wording was "slightly" different between the red one and not red one:
朱志香の死体 (for the discovery)
死体の朱志香 (when Beatrice adds her in red)

It is pretty much like in English: Jessica's corpse and corpse of Jessica.
thx a lot, I'm theorizing and the corpse used was needed, because it just implies a dead body
thx
Leinne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-26, 23:44   Link #3544
Ronove

Does anyone have news for the beginning of Translation of EP6 from Witch Hunt?
Old 2010-01-27, 10:49   Link #3545
Orophin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronove View Post
Does anyone have news for the beginning of Translation of EP6 from Witch Hunt?
chronotrig said that they won't start working on EP6 until the compatible version of the EP5 patch is finished.

Here's the post in question: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...postcount=3492
Orophin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-27, 15:59   Link #3546
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Since it is almost a month Episode 6 has been released, I think we ought to give some news:
While chrono indeed said we will "not" start the translation before that compatibility patch is release, he meant as "full time translation". We of course started to translate it a bit, and with all we got, it is roughly 2% of the whole game (the website should be updated soon).
Bear in mind this percentage doesn't reflect our speed at all, since we weren't focalised on the translation process we usually have.

Now, the real problem why it took us so much time is simple: external circumstances. We were plainly extremely busy. While we wanted to have 1-2 weeks to read Episode 6 comfortably, we had our hands full with IRL matters at hand (especially chrono and I... damn january mid terms).
If everything goes right, the patch should be released in a week or two (provided we don't find a nasty bug all of a sudden). But don't worry: we are translating Episode 6 as well.

There is no ETA/proper estimation. Episode 6 isn't that much longer than 5, but Ryukishi was pretty nasty in several occasions, so we will need some time to figure out what he meant with quite many lines.
Old 2010-01-27, 16:27   Link #3547
Dlanor .A. Nox
The Death!

Oh Ryu you never disappoint lol.
Old 2010-01-27, 16:52   Link #3548
chronotrig

Well, it's not so much figuring out what he meant as it is keeping all the important points while still making it easy to read in English. For the most part, this shouldn't cause any trouble, but a few sections will be tough to work around.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
chronotrig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 06:09   Link #3549
Number1-Syaoran-Fan
Your's In Gold, Beatrice

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Well, it's not so much figuring out what he meant as it is keeping all the important points while still making it easy to read in English. For the most part, this shouldn't cause any trouble, but a few sections will be tough to work around.
If worse comes to worse, you could always put the parts that didn't carry over to English in the Grimoire right? I don't know about everyone else but that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Especially considering all the hard work you guys are putting in to this series! Everyone appreciates what you guys are doing sooo much that I don't think anyone would mind having to use a reference for a line or two.

"I... I really like your bow."
Number1-Syaoran-Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 07:05   Link #3550
Mint Kashiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadeor View Post
Hey guys
I have received some requests from the chinese side, who wished to say hi
I've now got the consent from Klashi, and later I will post out the letters
that's all for now~

Nadeor
It's really kind of amazing how so many people can share an interest like Umineko, despite being in all corners of the world.

I think that's why I love the community here, even though I'm mostly just a lurker.

I can't wait for Episode 6's patch, but I'll sit patiently. It's awesome what you folk at Witch Hunt are doing for us.
Mint Kashiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 11:33   Link #3551
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number1-Syaoran-Fan View Post
If worse comes to worse, you could always put the parts that didn't carry over to English in the Grimoire right? I don't know about everyone else but that wouldn't bother me in the slightest. Especially considering all the hard work you guys are putting in to this series! Everyone appreciates what you guys are doing sooo much that I don't think anyone would mind having to use a reference for a line or two.
Grimoire is only used as a last resort option, regarding what we "cannot translate". Generally speaking, we are explaining a pun, a specific event/item found in japan etc.
When it is about something deeply related to the mystery (such like the riddle in Ep3), we can't afford putting a "go read the grimoire note" as it will be a terrible momentum break. This is the reason we decided to explain complely Eva's riddle reasoning in Episode 3, with Kanji at hand, so people can keep track of what was the whole reasoning.
Forcing people to right click and/or open the doc file would be very jarring for them.

in any case, we will use the grimoire only when it is really necessary.
Old 2010-01-28, 12:07   Link #3552
Xplosivv

So, what do you (WH) actually use to program in Onscripter?

By asking this it probably shows my programming skills aren't high enough, but I still wanna give a try in translating Umineko to my language.
Xplosivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 13:18   Link #3553
rogerpepitone

Send a message via Yahoo to rogerpepitone
To translate Umineko, you won't need much programming skill:

1) Download the NScripter SDK and extract the 0.txt from nscript.dat
2) Open that with a text editor as Japanese Language (SHIFT-JIS / codepage 932).
3) For each Japanese line, put a semicolon in front of it, then put the translated version on the next line.
4) Compile that 0.txt to a new nscript.dat.

You may run into trouble if your language needs any characters that aren't in the cp932 character set. ( http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/goglobal/cc305152.aspx ) You might need to distribute your translation with PONScripter instead of ONScripter.
rogerpepitone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 13:51   Link #3554
Xplosivv

Okay, don't quite get it yet.

I downloaded NScripter SDK, but I'm a little confused which file I should use to extract the 0.txt from the nscript.dat

The rest of your instructions are clear, but it's a shame if I can't get past the first step.
Xplosivv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-29, 20:15   Link #3555
SnickS

Quote:
If you look at insani's ONscripter SDK Page (http://nscripter.insani.org/sdk.html), you'll see a variety of tools to use to edit Nscripter based games.

For a quick overview into editing Nscripter games, follow these steps (also read all the READMEs provided with each program):

1) If you already have nscript.dat in your game, download NSDEC out and run it on your nscript.dat file to get a 0.txt from it.

1b) If there is no nscript.dat in your file, you must either download NSAOut or SARDec and unpack the nsa or sar files, and then you should find an nscript.dat.

2) Edit the 0.txt to your hearts content, then rebuild it into a nscript.dat using ncsmake (included with NScript SDK).

3) Put in your nscript.dat into an ONScripter build (http://nscripter.insani.org/onscripter.html) (and also your resource files (either the nsa or sar file)) and then open up ONScripter and see if it works.

Sorry I cant give you more detailed instructions then that right now. I've got a plane to catch in a couple hours.
Still had this packed away in a txt file on the far edge of my harddisk.
The links are outdated (should be http://onscripter.denpa.mobi now, I think), but that shouldn't be important, since you've already downloaded the SDK.
SnickS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-30, 09:34   Link #3556
goldenlove27
Tortured Pet

Hey ahh... does anyone have any save issues or know how to fix them? I just got my laptop yesterday and had re-installed Umineko 4 and 5 it on (it runs Windows 7) and installed it with no problems. However, when I tried to load any of my save files from the main screen, it will show the save slots as well as a white background behind them... I can skip through the chapters fine but I would really like to use my save spots as a short-cut. Also, it does not freeze when I get that white screen with the save slots but I can right click out of it to the previous screen. If anyone can help I would appreciate it.
(I would give a screen cap but I don't know how to do this sorry)

Nevermind I fix the problem. All I have to do was delete it and download it again. Sorry for the bother...

Last edited by goldenlove27; 2010-01-30 at 11:14. Reason: Found out the issue...
goldenlove27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-03, 21:09   Link #3557
Tsuki Aoi Usagi

http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost.ph ... count=2470

(The windows XP one)

For some reason, my computer doesn't have the Japanese language option for the 4th step. Not sure if this means that my computer already installed it or not...but I don't remember installing it.

It has Japanese as an option under the "code page conversion tables" though.

Any help? xD;
Tsuki Aoi Usagi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-04, 15:05   Link #3558
Oblivion357

Hi.

I have a similar problem, and if i do steps 5 and 6 the japanes appears on the menu but asks for files on the windows xp CD that they are not there, c_10001.nts etc

Any help/ideas?

Cheers
Oblivion357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-07, 11:11   Link #3559
Oblivion357

A small update(if anybody cares)...

I managed to get the japanese option on the step 4 after searching manually for all the files (ugh) but now after choosing it says:" Chosen language could not be installed. Please contact the administrator"

Any help?
Oblivion357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-02-11, 19:55   Link #3560
Goose Boy
Happiness witch´s followe

Hmm.... Is there an EP6 compatible EP5`s Patch? I need to save space. Thanks xD
Goose Boy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation