AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-07-11, 15:25   Link #81
Irenesharda

Here, I borrowed this list from Metanorn, which will help in remembering the brothers and their respective ages:

Masaomi (age 31)- Oldest of the group, generic nice guy and a pediatrician. He’s also moe as hell.

Ukyo (age 28)- …The housewife of the brothers (he cooks and organizes everyone). A lawyer and the voice of reason.

Kaname (age 26) – A guy who likes hitting on girls, but is a monk of all things. He has a serious side to him though.

Hikaru (age 25)- The crossdresser of the family. Only, he does it for his job, which is writing novels. …I don’t know if that makes the crossdressing thing better or not.

Tsubaki (24)- Tsubaki is Azusa’s identical twin (he dyes his hair) and works as a seiyuu. He’s kind of a straightforward idiot and he totally has a fetish for imoutos.

Azusa (24)- Tsubaki’s identical twin and pretty much his complete opposite personality-wise. Meaning that he’s cool headed and pretty calm. Also a seiyuu.

Natsume (24)- Okay, I lied above. Azusa, Tsubaki and Natsume are actually triplets. Only, Natsume isn’t identical like Tsubaki and Azusa are (since he’s from a different egg cell), so he’s the odd one out. He doesn’t live in the same complex as everyone else and seems rough at first, but is a nice guy.

Louis (21)- Professional hairdresser. He’s kind of a airhead I guess?

Subaru (19/20)- The guy plays basketball in university and is SUPER awkward around Ema since he has 342092 brothers and zero experience with girls.

Iori (18)- A student who looks like a prince and is idolized by a lot of girls. Has issues.

Yusuke (16)- Yusuke was actually Ema’s classmate before he was her brother and he’s liked her since forever ago. A ~tsundere~.

Futo (14/15)- A rather popular idol who goes under a different surname for his job. Has an absolutely terrible personality.

Wataru (10)- The youngest of the brothers, a bit immature, but really close to Masaomi.

After looking at each one, I'd have to say that of all the brothers, Subaru, Iori, and Yusuke are really the only true contenders for the 16/17 year old Ema. All the others are either too old or too young. Futo is a possibility since his age seems to shift depending on adaptation between 14-15, but I just think he's too immature and not around enough to be an actual potential love interest.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 19:46   Link #82
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

I"m actually pulling for Subaru or Classmate Bro.

Which one was Iori?

I'm not sure if I'm going to stick around until the end though. I'll see where this goes for awhile. It's not as fun and hilariously campy like UtaPri...but it's not as bad as I thought it would be so far. Especially after finishing My Little Sister Has An Immouto Fetish And Might Love Her Brother For Reals.

Though please please PLEASE keep Idol Bro a douche bag; it would be sooo amusing to see a male character for once not be awed by the power of the Speshul Snowflake.

I say screw the bros and keep Juli as Best Boy. Make him into a bishie.
Old 2013-07-11, 20:42   Link #83
mistress_kisara

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I say screw the bros and keep Juli as Best Boy. Make him into a bishie.
Spoiler:
mistress_kisara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-11, 21:37   Link #84
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDiddy View Post
I"m actually pulling for Subaru or Classmate Bro.

Which one was Iori?
Subaru is the college basketball one, Yusuke is the redhead classmate that has liked her for awhile now. Futo is the idol. Iori is the one with grayish-lilac hair and wears a green pastel uniform with a gold sheild crest on one pocket. He's like the popular school boy that every girl is in love with but he himself is in love with none of them. Think Yuki from Fruits Basket.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-11, 22:03   Link #85
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Subaru is the college basketball one, Yusuke is the redhead classmate that has liked her for awhile now. Futo is the idol. Iori is the one with grayish-lilac hair and wears a green pastel uniform with a gold sheild crest on one pocket. He's like the popular school boy that every girl is in love with but he himself is in love with none of them. Think Yuki from Fruits Basket.
I'm going to have a hard time keeping track of them all...

@kisara

Spoiler:
Old 2013-07-12, 06:04   Link #86
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I really like the girl.. she reminds me of Imari... lols
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 07:11   Link #87
melina_putri

Spoiler for Episode 3:

Last edited by melina_putri; 2013-07-16 at 08:37.
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-16, 19:05   Link #88
alluka

Typical vapid reverse harem. We have the bland MC surrounded by (a horde of) bishis, plus the slightly annoying talking mascot all in one house. How can you not like this? Reverse harem are the standard comedy of every season there's too many characters though, but I'm watching it mainly for Q-vier shota Kaji Yuki.

What made me rage is this:
Spoiler for pic:

Wut? Would you say that to your little brother seriously? What a bunch of jerks.

Quote:
Oh my gosh...I could barely get through that.

I give this first episode a 3.8/10.
You can survive this. Just don't take it too seriously (if at all) and replace the girl (what was her name?) and squirrel with Sakuma and Beel (they have the same seiyuus anyway), that opens a whole different view to this show
Old 2013-07-17, 11:05   Link #89
ookamigirl

That Fuuto is seriously getting on my nerves.
I really can't stand guys like him.
Of all the guys he is the most annoying one.
Yusuke was kinda sweet this time ^^
It's nice watching him stress over his feelings.
Hikaru was an interesting surprise.
So finally she met all of the brothers.

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 18:55   Link #90
cindialai
Tsukimori

Send a message via MSN to cindialai
Question the mother??

she married like dozen guys or it's just one father for all 13 brothers?
Old 2013-07-17, 20:19   Link #91
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Is Mama the Michelle Duggar of Japan or something?

Damn Futo is a douchebag.

We now have a Crossdressing Bro...and we met the last triplet.

Oh poor Subaru and Yusuke: They both obviously like her so, so much but can't say it

Spoiler:

LOL at Monk Bro showing up at Chii's and Yusuke's meeting and getting his swag on...
Old 2013-07-17, 21:16   Link #92
Irenesharda

Once again, its the brothers to the rescue! This show would be totally lost if we had to depend on the MC.

Not only does Chi have little to no personality, but she is my hated ultra submissive female protagonist. Why does Japan like to create such annoying female doormats?!! In fact Chi might be even more of a rug than a doormat. People seem to walk over her all the time rather than just at the door. And after 3 episodes, I'm afraid she's going to stay that way.

So, anyway, it's up to the brothers to bring some life to this. We meet the final two missing brothers in terms of Hikaru and Natsume. I have to admit though that Hikaru isn't the best crossdresser I've seen, he actually looks pretty masculine in comparison to others in anime.

I though the agreement between Louis and Juli was cute, Futo is a jerk but he's not totally bad, not that uncommon for a 15 year old brat. Subaru and Yusuke are cute and the most likely two serious love contenders. I have to swing the vote towards Yusuke since I have a thing for redheads in anime.

We finally meet the mother of all these boys and looking at how young and shapely she looks, she doesn't appear to be the kind of woman who could give birth to and raise 13 boys! However these are anime parents so they really don't raise their kids majority of the time. I'm guessing the older siblings typically raise the younger ones.

It was nice to see that Chi actually had a hobby of gaming, but that doesn't really save her character.
I give this episode a 6.4/10.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-17, 21:43   Link #93
LKK

Quote:
However these are anime parents so they really don't raise their kids majority of the time. I'm guessing the older siblings typically raise the younger ones.
That happens in large families in the real world not just the anime world. My father was 1 of 15 children. His first chore before he was old enough to work out on the farm was to rock his little sister's cradle (one other brother between them) and to tell their mother if the baby needed anything. Even as adults, the 15 brothers and sisters tended to group themselves according to their childhood caregiver groupings.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-17, 22:00   Link #94
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
That happens in large families in the real world not just the anime world. My father was 1 of 15 children. His first chore before he was old enough to work out on the farm was to rock his little sister's cradle (one other brother between them) and to tell their mother if the baby needed anything. Even as adults, the 15 brothers and sisters tended to group themselves according to their childhood caregiver groupings.
Well, I know that. I'm talking about the fact that there are often these anime parents that either largely absent even when there is only one kid but because of their job or they just don't want to be bothered. They let the kid live on their own. Such as with Chi who seems to have had to raise herself in her house alone even when she looked to be only 4 or 5 years old. At that point I say if the father needs to either find another job, send her to live with relatives or something.

As for Miwa, could see that if she had all these kids and couldn't take care of them, but a majority of them are grown up and her job doesn't seem to be that strenuous. She can't find the time to at least raise the minors. She has the means and the time, but just passes the buck off to her older sons who should have lives of their own right now and don't have the time to be mother and father to children and adolescents.

I know that there are exceptions to the rule, but for anime, irresponsible or absent parents are the norm.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-07-17, 23:46   Link #95
Kakkou
Tch.

Louise is a sly one, teaming with Julie to 'protect' the heroine, possibly disposing of the furball once the competition's clear. He's playing it smart.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 02:55   Link #96
kuromitsu

Wow, Mom looks awesome after giving birth to all those children. o___o)

Also I had to laugh when all the boys gathered in the chapel and Kaji's character shouted "Brothers complete!" I half-expected them to continue with "and now we take over the world" or "now we transform into a giant robot" or something like that.
kuromitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 03:07   Link #97
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
Also I had to laugh when all the boys gathered in the chapel and Kaji's character shouted "Brothers complete!" I half-expected them to continue with "and now we take over the world" or "now we transform into a giant robot" or something like that.
Oh how I would love to see that happen.
Kakkou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 04:01   Link #98
ginger02

This was a pretty nice episode, and moved the plot along a bit.

Futo was a jerk, but we'll see if he calms down.

The wedding scene was nice and it's cool to see all the brothers.

I'm particularly interested in Louis and Hikaru. They seem to be up to more than they let show.

Chi is something. For a girl who plays a game called Zombie Hazard, she is awfully submissive and passive, like Futo and Juli said.

I'm interested to see how the plot will unfold now, with Natsume seemingly the first to draw the conclusion that Subaru might like Chi. Well, the first to view it in a negative light.

Still love Yusuke the most though. And his hair.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 07:48   Link #99
LKK

Quote:
Well, I know that. I'm talking about the fact that there are often these anime parents that either largely absent even when there is only one kid but because of their job or they just don't want to be bothered.
I gotcha now. Sorry, I didn't follow where you were going earlier.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 08:31   Link #100
melina_putri

Spoiler for Episode 4:
melina_putri is offline   Reply With Quote