AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2006-11-20, 13:10   Link #21
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Could someone post a decent "first post" for the proposed Morality in Code Geass? Do the ends justify the means thread. Something along the lines of what NoSanninWa wrote for the first Morality in Death Note? Do the ends justify the means? thread (have a look at the thread to get an idea of what's required).

I haven't seen any of Code Geass so it's a bit difficult to write something more than "Code Geass : Morality : discuss"

Just make the post in this thread as if you were creating the first post from scratch. I'll then move the post from this thread and create the new proposed thread. Make sure you include the following thread guidelines as well
Quote:
Thread Guidlines

Since this topic can easily become incindiary, please remember that when discussing opinions you should not attack a person who holds a different opinion to yourself. Discussion is OK, insults are not. Also, remember that a contrary opinion does not mean that the person you are talking with is immoral.

Be polite to your fellow forum members and try and keep the discussion on topic and above all, enjoy the discussion.
Update

Thread now created, it can be found here, Morality in Code Geass? Do the ends justify the means?

Thanks to Sonhex for creating the content and initial thrust of the thread, as well as White Manju Bun for the idea.

Last edited by xris; 2006-11-20 at 15:06.
xris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 17:26   Link #22
Sonhex
Not dead. Yet.
*Graphic Designer

How about a Code Geass - Speculation & Theories thread?

Last edited by Sonhex; 2006-11-21 at 17:39.
Sonhex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-11-21, 19:34   Link #23
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonhex View Post
How about a Code Geass - Speculation & Theories thread?
Done, Code Geass - Speculation & Theories. Since there doesn't seem to be much manga discussion, I've created just the one thread where manga spoliers are allowed but must be placed in clearly marked spoiler tags. Personal speculation and theories won't need spoiler tags.
Old 2006-12-05, 10:00   Link #24
EmagEvil

I have another thread to suggest...

About a Code Geass world history & geography. Like how and when in the past the United States became the Holy Empire of Britannia... And which countries who are still free from them...

... I know, there's already a Code Geass - Speculation & Theories thread. But this one is not about the story itself, but the background instead... So, it's your choice, Ojisan...
EmagEvil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-05, 14:33   Link #25
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmagEvil View Post
About a Code Geass world history & geography. Like how and when in the past the United States became the Holy Empire of Britannia... And which countries who are still free from them...

... I know, there's already a Code Geass - Speculation & Theories thread. But this one is not about the story itself, but the background instead...
So would this be a sort of "suggested history" where people can post their opinion of how such a Code Geass world came about. I assume there are a number of references in the manga / anime about how the history developed and you are asking for a discussion thread to "fill in the gaps".

I wouldn't object to creating such a thread but could I hear from others who might be interested in such a thread, in other words, is there interest in doing this?

If so, then someone will need to create an intro post describing the purpose of the thread (see the Morality in Code Geass first post as an example of what I'm looking for). What would be an appropriate title, "Code Geass World History & Geography Speculation"?
Old 2006-12-06, 02:02   Link #26
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Actually, I have been privately speculating on the subject also so I'll just go and create the thread.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-12-10, 05:51   Link #27
mugener

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
I just tend to frown when directors insert political messages in their shows. I'm sort of there for entertainment, not to receive a political diatribe (as I sort of became allergic to speeches like that nowadays) or whatnot. Make no mistake, I enjoy Code Geass but I remain deaf to the current nationalism debate. Such things tend to sour my enjoyment of the series, even if they do provide good material for speculation, debate and discussion about the real world.
This post that I found in General Discussion bring me an idea to request an new poll:

How does nationalism and political issue similar to our recent real world
effect you to watch this show? are you enjoy it, bothered by it, or don't care?

1) enjoy it
2) bothered by it
3) don't care

mugener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 02:27   Link #28
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Since we're past the pivotal epi 10 mark can Geass get a fav quotes thread? Hopefully itll be filled with more then refs to orange-kun I want to one from 12 about the love letter myself XD Thanks in advance if mods deem this a worthy thread.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 02:35   Link #29
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I think what we need is a pairing/shipping thread, maybe even with a poll. Despite romance in Code Geass playing not much of a role (especially concerning Lelouch), pairing discussion seems to be popping up everywhere.
Old 2007-01-05, 06:03   Link #30
Majek
Sm3rt teh M@d Jester

Yeah and if it could be concentrated in just one thread, those of use who hate such discussions could avoid it.

http://icandoit.mybrute.com - fight me !!
Majek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 12:43   Link #31
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Since we're past the pivotal epi 10 mark can Geass get a fav quotes thread? Hopefully itll be filled with more then refs to orange-kun I want to one from 12 about the love letter myself XD Thanks in advance if mods deem this a worthy thread.
Created new thread. Not having watched the series, I can't say if there's a need for such a thread but I'll take your word that there will be at least one post in the thread
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timeless Enigma View Post
I think what we need is a pairing/shipping thread, maybe even with a poll. Despite romance in Code Geass playing not much of a role (especially concerning Lelouch), pairing discussion seems to be popping up everywhere.
Not sure what you mean by shipping "what we need is a pairing/shipping thread".

Not being familair with the series I'm not sure what might be required here, would a simple "Romance discussion for Code Geass" suffice? If anyone wants to take a stab at an introduction to such a thread, then make your post in this thread and it can be split off to create the new thread. As for a pairings poll, what combinations would be needed?
Old 2007-01-05, 13:02   Link #32
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I think "Romance in Code Geass" would be a better title since you can always put your fav pairings in it and also comment on if you think any of the characters are going to find love at you. If this is gonna be a poll I suggest its multi choice.

Hmmm I'll try an intro...

Even though Code Geass isnt a romance anime in the true respects it has given fans alot of romance to think about between the main character Lelouch and the girls of the school Millay, Shirley and Kallen as well as C.C. Also throwing Suzaku into it gives us a possible pairing with Euphemia. So this thread is for the discussion of what pairings are your favorites and are they going to happen as the series progresses with possible changes to the pairing.

Ok pairing I can think of right now

Lelouch x C.C.
Lelouch x Kallen
Lelouch x Shirley
Lelouch x Millay
Suzaku x Euphemia
Suzaku x Nanali (hey it could happen
Jeremiah x Viletta (not main characters but orange-kun needs some love)

If anyone can think of more, post it.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-05, 13:05   Link #33
shadowlord_756

LELOUCH X EUPHEMIA!!!! is what I would like to say.... but maybe Cornelia x Guilford (was that his name?) and the brother guy and the assistant (lancelot crew)
shadowlord_756 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-05, 13:17   Link #34
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well I was gonna try to keep it between the major characters, I only through orange-kun is as kinda a joke but if the thread is made and people ask for it then Im sure it can be added later.

Lulu x Yuffie is just wrong Itd be like Cornelia x Lulu XD
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-01-05, 14:06   Link #35
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Romance in Code Geass thread created. Please continue discussion there.
Old 2007-01-07, 17:41   Link #36
Darkman.exe213
Yurippe is mai waifu

I saw this in the Naruto forum and really liked the idea, so I was wondering if we could have a "Things Code Geass characters would never say" thread, just for some laughs.
Old 2007-01-14, 03:44   Link #37
bond4154

Mechs, Weapons, and Technology of Code Geass. I'm dying to start talking about the Sutherlands and "Aile Lancelot". XD
bond4154 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 07:51   Link #38
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkman.exe213 View Post
I saw this in the Naruto forum and really liked the idea, so I was wondering if we could have a "Things Code Geass characters would never say" thread, just for some laughs.
I'm not so convinced of this one. Such thread certainly works for some shows but I'm not really sure it's appropriate for a show such as Code Geass.

Or to put it another way such a thread is pretty meaingless and pointless, it just allows people to post off-colour, random, or rude comments. Yes, some of the comments can be funny but the signal to noise ratio is usally poor. So I would need convincing to create such a thread for this forum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bond4154 View Post
Mechs, Weapons, and Technology of Code Geass. I'm dying to start talking about the Sutherlands and "Aile Lancelot". XD
I'll create this thread shortly.
Old 2007-01-14, 10:44   Link #39
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Can there be a thread for fanfics?

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-14, 11:13   Link #40
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Quote:
Originally Posted by bond4154 View Post
Thread created.
Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
Can there be a thread for fanfics?
I'm sure there are some but I don't seem to find any mention of fanfics here at AnimeSuki (none in the Fan Creations forum for example).

I would like to see some more support of such a thread before creating it. If there is some support then someone needs to create the introduction for the first post. Post in this thread as if you were starting the thread and I can then split it off and use it to create a Fanfic thread.