AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chrno Crusade

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-06-12, 13:19   Link #21
Komataguri
Reverend K-Rist

Send a message via AIM to Komataguri
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-12, 14:29   Link #22
stpam

What saddens me the most is that chrono and rosette will never see each other again. Assuming that chrono returns to hell and since rosette seemingly goes to heaven even though she did a pact with a demon
Old 2004-06-12, 15:40   Link #23
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
so finally the rape of fine story ends, Damn you GONZO!
Old 2004-06-12, 19:04   Link #24
Zicky-Chan
Little Grasshopper

Send a message via MSN to Zicky-Chan
look carefully and you just may see this!

well, i'm kind dont know how to use the tag system sooo here goes....i have a teory, you see remington in ep 23 he goes where the eagle had died and when he touch it, it became ashes, right? so...a hole is there.....that means that it was killed with something like a horn....yeah that something we know, but remington do'nt...so once again in ep 24 he does realize that the horn was the weapon of choice for the death of aion.

and therefore when the horn became ashes just like the eagle, he understand that aion was death...or simply non alive....the other thing.....i dont think aion have became god at the end...simply because the voice of "i'm the alpha and the omega...." maybe he was saying a quote...is there is a catholic out there you may just see that this words mean that God is before and after all and so he's will.
so aion it just a material form of the desire or greed if you're watching FMA! jeje....well the only things that stand out for me its.....what was the eagle anyway?...was Remington something like satan...remeber a fallen angel is not the same as the demon.....Well thanks for reading until here....sorry but i speak spanish and this was a major challenge to write!
Old 2004-06-12, 19:10   Link #25
dreamless
/Ultimate Magic Attack!!!

well, the horn didn't turn into ash, I think it's the part of the stone statue that Remington touched became ash. Remington concluded that Aion's horns have the ability to accelerate time, as Chrno's horns can freeze time. thus the statue became brittle in a short time when Aion's horn is attached to it.
Old 2004-06-12, 21:14   Link #26
Ori

Send a message via AIM to Ori
Could it be Aion had the ability to move forward in time? If that is the case perhaps he sent himself forward in time before he died in the past.

That would explain his death and his ressurection.

I too think Aion is not God but Lucifer (the devil).

Last edited by Ori; 2004-06-12 at 21:27.
Old 2004-06-12, 21:39   Link #27
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpam
What saddens me the most is that chrono and rosette will never see each other again. Assuming that chrono returns to hell and since rosette seemingly goes to heaven even though she did a pact with a demon
Yea what's the deal with that

PS why didn't Chrno get his own grave I mean he STILL has a body ><
Old 2004-06-12, 21:48   Link #28
Joe Dalton

Aion is the worst in humans.
What he saw was not the real Aion but he saw his legacy in the humans around him. In this case the man the knocked him down.
Like Chrno said, humans are ment not ment to be perfect... otherwise there would be no test in your life. So chaos will always live.
As far as the final quote goes.
It can be looked at from different points... I think thats what made it great.
Old 2004-06-12, 23:26   Link #29
Zicky-Chan
Little Grasshopper

Yeah! that makes sense

Now that u mention it, having aion's horn attached to you will move u foward in time like the statue, also making you older, but aion is'nt affected by this so he can easily travel across time!

.....is aion a fallen angel....i dont think so.....i think he's merely a demon who seeks fredom....if u have never heard about that the only ones who have free will are the human, neither demons or angels have that...
Old 2004-06-13, 02:15   Link #30
benst2k3

Lightbulb Chrno Crusade Ending

Somewhat a spoiler, but helps to clear up the ending and the story!

All of your responses seem to be partially correct. I'm not saying that I am correct, but in my opinion, what I think happened goes like this:

From the beginning, we know that this series somehow connects the period between the 1920s-30s to basically what happens in the Bible. Though I am not a deeply religious person that knows a lot about the Bible, I kind of get the sense that this is somehow related to the Revelation. Since I am not devout scholar of the Bible, I am just going to express my opinion about the ending and not go on further with the connection between the show and the Bible. In my opinion, I thought that Rossette is used by Aion, who is probably an evil devil- maybe the Devil himself- in order to influence her to construct the world that he wants. Basically, he uses Rossette's love for Chrno and the world, in order to turn her into his servant, and thus, manipulate God's chosen path for the world. In episodes 23-4, we find out that Remington, who is supposedly a fallen angel, because of his sins (which the shows never mentions), is immortal and that because of his sins, he is forced to watch and live the progression of God's chosen destiny for the world until God has decided to forgive him, or until Remington has fully repented. In regard to Chrno and Rossette, I think that they are the saviors in this series, just like how Jesus Christ sacrificed himself to spread the world of God to his disciples and to eventually the entire world. Basically, similar to Jesus Christ, Chrno and Rossette sacrifice themselves to instill their faith in God and hope into those who would listen and wish to be saved. We can see this to be true, when Sister Kate and Remington have a conversation with each other, and we hear from Sister Kate: "I will not abandon my faith". This means that Chrno and Rossette's deaths were not in vain, but were meant for those who still hoped to be saved. As for Aion, he is immortal, as we can see from the fact that his presence is still alive at the end. In my opinion, the fact that his horns can change time, shows that his character represents change [as in trying to change God's future], but in the end, we see that he fails. Nevertheless, since Aion is immortal, we see that the world must be balanced always by good and evil, and if that is so, there will always be evil, and the only thing we can do is wait and have faith that God will eventually come to the aid of his believers. After much thought, I think this is the message that the series is trying to convey at the end of episode 24.

-Whoa! That was long! But I hoped I did a good job in expressing my thoughts and clearing up things for those who are confused! Sayonara!
Old 2004-06-13, 03:03   Link #31
dreamless

I think Remington's sin is revealed in episode 24 in the talk between him and Elder
Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-13, 07:51   Link #32
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
but then Joshua called him "John"... symbolic of his role as the watcher of the Apocalypse as John in Revelation?[/spoiler]
Joshua called him by his first name, "Ewan" actually.
Old 2004-06-13, 15:59   Link #33
Zicky-Chan
Little Grasshopper

Johan or Ewan??

I could bet that Joshua call "Johan" to Remington so if this is true and Remington is John from the Revelations that would explain the ep 24 at the end when he says "Dear great Recluses" at the time he's at the vatican...correct me if i'm wrong, but werent those apostles...and he compare himself with them...that's a big clue, is'nt it????
Old 2004-06-13, 17:00   Link #34
dreamless

yea I also think it sounds more like "yohan" which is the Japanese way of calling Johan/John.
Old 2004-06-13, 17:18   Link #35
John Petrucci Blu
HinaWorld's Webmaster

Hi all, it's my first post here.

Hmm... I think that Chrno Crusade will be similar to Eva because we can made on it a lot of intepretation that can be all right.
I've some questions to ask. I simply want to know your opinion.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-13, 19:05   Link #36
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamless
yea I also think it sounds more like "yohan" which is the Japanese way of calling Johan/John.
Once again, he was saying "YUAN", which is the katakana for Remington's name, Ewan. He did not say Johan.
Old 2004-06-13, 19:23   Link #37
Shift_

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Petrucci Blu
Hi all, it's my first post here.

Hmm... I think that Chrno Crusade will be similar to Eva because we can made on it a lot of intepretation that can be all right.
I've some questions to ask. I simply want to know your opinion.

Spoiler:
Acctually thinking about it more, it may be because Chrno has a 'soul' that's like a 'human soul' maybe? So maybe he's still with Rosette...who knows :/
Old 2004-06-13, 20:20   Link #38
Bone Collector

To answer John Petrucci Blu

Spoiler:

Correct me if I'm wrong, the print was too small and was hurting my eyes from staring at it too long

PS A tragic, yet beautiful ending.
Old 2004-06-13, 22:32   Link #39
tuxedotservo

Reading the inscription

Spoiler:

Oh, and this:

Spoiler:
Old 2004-06-13, 22:32   Link #40
UssoKK

I'm just confused by what stpam said

Spoiler:

That Question may seem stupid, but I was hoping that he could still be accepted....
Closed Thread