Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-17, 20:24   Link #1661
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
As long as Brady has something to say about it, he isn't The game on Sunday should be explosive...
I'm as big a fan of Brady as anybody, but I'm not sure the Pats can make it either. It's the youngest team Belichick has ever had, and they still need to gain more experience IMO to make it deep into the playoffs. Fortunately, they're smart, and I see them being a force to reckon with in the upcoming years. And you know, as long as BB and TB are in the mix, the Patriots will always put up a fight and are almost guaranteed 11+ wins every year.

Charger fans thank your lucky stars you've been in one of the weakest divisions of the past 7+ years. That's all I gotta say.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 20:31   Link #1662
ChainLegacy
廉頗

To be honest I thought they weren't doing much this season, but they've really surprised me so far. So I'm getting a bit more optimistic. Not sure if they'll make the SB but its seeming more and more of a possibility as the season goes on.
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 20:50   Link #1663
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChainLegacy View Post
To be honest I thought they weren't doing much this season, but they've really surprised me so far. So I'm getting a bit more optimistic. Not sure if they'll make the SB but its seeming more and more of a possibility as the season goes on.
Chung needs to stay healthy. That guy is a BEAST. The Defense is so much better with him on the field.

I'd also like to see Brady stay fired up along the sidelines and in the game. Keep his guys focused. There's a lot of rookies on that team, and they need a Vet like Brady to keep them going.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-17, 20:57   Link #1664
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nosauz View Post
I FUCKING HATE MCNABB... THE MOTHER FUCKER COST ME FIRST SEED in my league... the stupid bastard threw 1 too many ints and taht damn pick six did not help.... this is just ridiculous. FUCK DONOVAN... why the fuck did the redskins pay this dumb bastard another 40 mil guaranteed... I mean this guy is just a turnover manufacturer, god damn he must be known as a chinese computer chip manufacturer. God damn. This is why the owners better not cry poor during CBA negotiations... how can you justify that your league is broke when you can pay this fantasy team killer 40MIL GUARANTEED money, lets not even forget the haynesworth debacle... this is just ridiculous to the point of insanity. Why did they get rid of cambell... that dude is looking like an all pro compared to McFarve. Jesus christ... way to sink a franchise, I guess the only good things in DC are Strasburg and John Wall, way to put the nail in the proverbial coffin of the redskins.. maybe they'll relocate from the capital to hollywood.
Son, If you think your rant to the Redskins is worse then you better see one of the best rants in a long time, possibly of all time

http://www.bleedinggreennation.com/2...-you-will-ever

GET'EM!
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 14:43   Link #1665
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Anyone have the Bears winning tonight? Cutler seems to throw even more interceptions than usual in prime-time.
Old 2010-11-18, 16:37   Link #1666
Samari
World's Greatest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Anyone have the Bears winning tonight? Cutler seems to throw even more interceptions than usual in prime-time.
Almost forgot. Thursday Night Football. Sweet.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-18, 23:58   Link #1667
solomon

Long interview from San Diego Sports Radio about possible team in LA (Newspaper scribe says it's pretty likely in the future)

http://www.xxsportsradio.com/common/...o/40/24131.mp3
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 09:16   Link #1668
Nosauz

dan carpenter lays a goose egg... god damn a great start to the fantasy week. I blame thigpen because he is just terrible, I mean they get a 2 and short and then he gets sacked for 12 to 13, fucking ridiculous.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 17:49   Link #1669
solomon

Any college matchups people looking forward to?

The die has been cast on most races but a couple are still worthy of note.

FSU and Maryland for ACC Atlantic

Iowa quest for redemption against Ohio State

Seeing how far SDSU will go and likely how far Utah will drop

mmmmmmm, honestly that's all I can think of before the epicness of rivalry weekend.

Will watch the NW/Illni game for lulz though (only using ONE endzone).
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 22:36   Link #1670
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post

School-yard football rules are in effect. Scoring team stays, losing team walks. Since Persa is out, I think that Scheelhasse should be all-time QB.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-19, 22:39   Link #1671
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Why didn't they just configure the damn field the way the Chicago Bears did back when they played at Wrigley? Seems like a hurrdurr moment to me.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 03:14   Link #1672
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by solomon View Post
Any college matchups people looking forward to?

The die has been cast on most races but a couple are still worthy of note.

FSU and Maryland for ACC Atlantic

Iowa quest for redemption against Ohio State

Seeing how far SDSU will go and likely how far Utah will drop

mmmmmmm, honestly that's all I can think of before the epicness of rivalry weekend.

I will be heading to the FSU/Maryland Black out showdown, I cannot wait to see alot of black in the field. I hope the Noles will come out stunning and prepare to pick off in the whole game.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 15:45   Link #1673
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I don't understand, why can't Butch Davis beat goddamn NC State!?

Come the fuck on!!

InB4 Nosauz with his Butch Davis bashing.
Old 2010-11-20, 22:00   Link #1674
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
I hate Iowa. Choke, choke, choke. Now OSU will have SIX STRAIGHT league titles.

Fuck. This. Shit.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-20, 22:58   Link #1675
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

I tell you what, LSU is anything but boring television...I can't think of one team in college football that has better games for television than LSU...It's must see TV...It's drama, it's crazy, it's unbelievable $hit you never seen before almost every week...

I still hate the coaching staff and still think we're the worst 10-1 team in SEC history, but the retarded will to win and random luck bestowed their way is something incredible to watch...If we get to the national championship game, watch the skies after the game ends because you'll see 4 Horses coming down...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Why didn't they just configure the damn field the way the Chicago Bears did back when they played at Wrigley? Seems like a hurrdurr moment to me.
More seats had been added since the 1930's changing the configuration specs...I watched most of that game just for the weird Earth2 feel of it, and weird it was...330 yds for 1 RB? That ain't of this world...Maybe that cellphone lady in the 1930's Charlie Chaplin film made this happen^^...
Old 2010-11-21, 11:53   Link #1676
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
Very reminiscent of the Grossman fiasco when the Bears losts the Superbowl to the Colts? Ah, when will the Bears find themselves a good quarterback? However...their D is top-notch and they shut out Miami in one of the ugliest games I've ever seen. Injuries smash Miami and both quarterbacks were bleh. Yet Chicago are 7-3.....however their last 6 games could see the pack catch up with them.
Old 2010-11-21, 17:05   Link #1677
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

I understand their starting QB(s) is out and so are three of their RBs but Carolina is really bad right now. Regardles, Ravens get the W to move to 7-3.

I can't believe Houston let the Jets win that game.
Old 2010-11-21, 17:29   Link #1678
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

I would be upset, but Jerry Richardson wants to pull a 'Miami Heat' this offseason. He's never been this cheap before, and he's made it known that doesn't plan on this lasting. Him and John Fox have been butting heads and rumor is that Fox is trying to get fired for a head start to find another job and starting a QB signed 4 days ago was a big FU, but Richardson is forcing him to finish out his contract. Just a bad deal all across the board, really.

Raising tickets prices was still a dick move, though. And it's a sad day when you look next week and see that your team plays the Cleveland Browns, and you expect to get beat by double digits.
Old 2010-11-21, 17:35   Link #1679
hinakatbklyn

It looked like the Jets were done with 1 minute remaining. Instead the Jets comes back with a long pass which leads to a touchdown on the following play.

I can only hope the Giants are that lucky against Philadelphia tonight. But to even have any chance, the turnovers have to go, and they also have to fix the special teams (punting to be specific).

Last edited by hinakatbklyn; 2010-11-21 at 17:55.
hinakatbklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-21, 18:15   Link #1680
Nosauz

Alright here are my rules for fantasy and im terrible... Never bet against reevis, and always play steve johnson... andre johnson GOD..... steve johnson... a 28 point difference and my vicotry sealed.... all gone.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
american football, sports