AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Kagaku no Railgun

Notices

Old 2013-09-23, 16:57   Link #1181
Shinhwa
Banned

Yeah I hate how overreactive Kirito and Asuna are towards each other... I don't really want that happening here =W=;
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 17:40   Link #1182
Draco Spirit

It be curious to see what kind of effect dating Touma would have on Mikoto in honesty. Touma has a natural (possibly supernatural) ability to find girls in distress. He then saves them and a lot of them find that attractive for some reason Which is something that would likely grate on Mikoto's nerves and her fondness for electricity.

On the flip side, Touma lives a rather humble lifestyle and is mostly electric proof. The first point give Mikoto many opportunities to indulge in her kinder side and show off. The second is the main reason she likely attracted to him in the first place, she got bucket loads of destructive power which (and this is the important bit) she can't completely control... but Touma can handle her and all her destructive power, which few can.

And it seems Mikoto has got a inner fear about hurting people who get close to her, heck I suspect its why Koroko hates to seem weak around her, she trying to prove to her Onee-sama that she can "handle" her and will be strong for her no matter what.

But anyway, returning to Mikoto/Touma, it be interesting if her temper would cool or grow if she did get into relationship with Touma.

Thoughts?
Draco Spirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 17:44   Link #1183
Shinhwa
Banned

If Mikoto doesn't get biribiri too easily and was able to be honest with her feelings, then I think her issue can be solved kind of.
Old 2013-09-23, 20:35   Link #1184
Natsurin
Memento Mori
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
What would you guys do if Touma and Mikoto had a similar relationship like Kirito and Asuna? XD
...That would most likely horrify me. Don't get me wrong, but I feel like SAO's romance was quite clichéd and felt more like a forced romance to me than a natural one. Though I did not read the SAO novels yet, so my opinion on their romance only applies to what I've seen in the anime version.

Regardless of SAO, I think that the interactions between the both of them are good enough as they're is. It makes it all the more enjoyable to me, but I guess I wouldn't refuse some dere Misaka once in a while.

...Wait, that has nothing to do with my tsundere fetish
Old 2013-09-23, 22:20   Link #1185
leukrota

Bleargh... please don't bring SAO into this (I'm tired of seeing it everywhere)

I have my own thoughts to share about that "romance", but this is not the place for that.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 22:26   Link #1186
Goldzero

Quote:
Originally Posted by leukrota View Post
Bleargh... please don't bring SAO into this (I'm tired of seeing it everywhere)

I have my own thoughts to share about that "romance", but this is not the place for that.
shit art online was terrible but i did consider kiroto to be likable at first but sadly the romance part ruined it and kiroto went downhill from likable to unbearable in my opinion. if only he had sticked with the guy he hanged in episode one since klaude was the most interesting one in my opinion.
Goldzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-23, 23:48   Link #1187
Shinhwa
Banned

I swear the Kirito x Asuna which go "I WANNA MARRY THE REAL YOU AND BLAH BLAH BLAH ***" annoyed the hell out of me. Not to mention all the other girls who fell in love with Kirito got shunned off because of that. If I compare SAO and Index/Railgun in romance factor, Index/Railgun wins in that department for sure =A=

When romance and pairing come like right off the bat, I tend to dislike the series unless the story itself is good.

At least Index/Railgun is taking a slow pace and isn't really promoting the romance that much...

Although I do wish Mikoto x Touma happened more interactively...
Old 2013-09-24, 01:13   Link #1188
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Yeah I hate how overreactive Kirito and Asuna are towards each other... I don't really want that happening here =W=;
Well Mikoto is supposed to be tsun and dere 50% of the time... so I don't see how that would even make sense.

Touma is ignorant when he isn't troubled 99% of the time... and emotional/kind when he is heartbroken 1% of the time.... so I don't see how that could happen except at maybe 0.5% of the time which isn't so bad really...
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 01:33   Link #1189
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Romcom with minimal serious scenes over the course of a long story is preferred yeah. And it can't really happen either.
ACertainStark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 01:45   Link #1190
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
Romcom with minimal serious scenes over the course of a long story is preferred yeah. And it can't really happen either.
Well... says dniv accusingly as he glares at ACertainStark (metaphorically) who was supposed to have just finished reading section 13 of Chapter 4 of New Testament Volume 8

... I slightly beg to perhaps disagree tentatively...
Old 2013-09-24, 01:58   Link #1191
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Well... says dniv accusingly as he glares at ACertainStark (metaphorically) who was supposed to have just finished reading section 13 of Chapter 4 of New Testament Volume 8

... I slightly beg to perhaps disagree tentatively...
This is a long section, bro. Wait a bit.

Is this about the part you posted in the thread?
Old 2013-09-24, 02:07   Link #1192
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I don't get it why compare Raildex with SAO, which the latter isn't a romcom at all. I find that comparison silly. Any series with romcom genre in it tend to have a steady progression in relationship development. Series like SAO, on the other hand, things might have spontaneously and somewhat unpredictable, even in romance.

Anyway, for Mikoto, the tsundere maiden needs to be more dere than tsun. Cause more dere >> more tsun. In fact, I usually favor Type-B tsundere.

By the way, I heard the conversation that To Aru Kagaku was supposed to be made for Kuroko. But why Mikoto was chosen instead?
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 02:17   Link #1193
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACertainStark View Post
This is a long section, bro. Wait a bit.

Is this about the part you posted in the thread?
Yeah... lol
Old 2013-09-24, 02:31   Link #1194
ACertainStark
お姉さん☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Yeah... lol
I finished. I think that's what makes it better though. Romcom over immediate romance. It takes a while, but when it arrives in its short bursts like here, it's worth it.
Old 2013-09-24, 09:30   Link #1195
Shinhwa
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xero8420 View Post
I don't get it why compare Raildex with SAO, which the latter isn't a romcom at all. I find that comparison silly. Any series with romcom genre in it tend to have a steady progression in relationship development. Series like SAO, on the other hand, things might have spontaneously and somewhat unpredictable, even in romance.

Anyway, for Mikoto, the tsundere maiden needs to be more dere than tsun. Cause more dere >> more tsun. In fact, I usually favor Type-B tsundere.

By the way, I heard the conversation that To Aru Kagaku was supposed to be made for Kuroko. But why Mikoto was chosen instead?
Hyper Biribiri Tsundere Mikoto!

And as for why Railgun had Mikoto as protagonist instead of Kuroko is because the editor said "NO" towards the Kuroko series where Kamachi had to start from scratch ground up after it got rejected.

I am glad it was rejected...
Old 2013-09-24, 10:19   Link #1196
Ilidsor
Angelerator

^Well that sounds pretty harsh. All we know is that the editor wanted to do a Misaka series from the beginning, Kamachi misunderstood and made one for Kuroko, and then the editor corrected him.
Old 2013-09-24, 10:20   Link #1197
Shinhwa
Banned

Kamachi = makes weird choices

Editor = makes correct choices

8D
Old 2013-09-24, 10:34   Link #1198
Xero8420
Ashigara's master

I personally think Mikoto has a lot of backgrounds to explore compare to Kuroko. Well, I'm glad the editors made a right choice. A good editor makes good decision, a bad editor makes poor decision. So it depends on one is siding with the right editor in mind.

Although it could be intentional for backing Mikoto to get closer to Touma, the protagonist of Index.
Xero8420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 10:59   Link #1199
leukrota

Quote:
Kamachi = makes weird choices

Editor = makes correct choices

8D
That's a great combo... Bad if it was the other way around.
leukrota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-24, 11:02   Link #1200
Ilidsor
Angelerator

I wouldn't have minded a Kuroko story. I only dislike her because of Railgun I and that probably would have been a lot different if she was the main character. I mean I prefer the Misaka-focused story but I'm just saying it wouldn't have been bad to have a Kuroko one.