AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-02-08, 02:34   Link #141
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
Yeah, right- no. Mikoto single-handedly dealt with the crisis on the local level before it'd become global conflict which might've destroyed the surface of the Earth. Right, overshadowed by awesome. It's like saying that Hamazura didn't contribute anything during WWIII.

BTW, the mangaka and Kamachi went the right way. The opening scene made me almost hate Accelerator's guts again. Sounds good on paper, but seeing him torturing the cute girl who tried to relay him information- sicko.
She didn't want to give him information. She never said she would. She wanted to obtain information from him.
He didn't torture her though. First, he made her unable to move so she sure would talk. She pissed him off talking about the dangerous deal that would affect Last Order, sounding like it wasn't his business. And using such words as 'specimen' referring to her. Of course it pissed him off. So he changed behavior.
And being cute doesn't make her innocent and harmless, you know. It's possible there is her fault in what's gonna happen to the world.
Old 2014-02-08, 03:27   Link #142
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.LocK View Post
BTW, the mangaka and Kamachi went the right way. The opening scene made me almost hate Accelerator's guts again. Sounds good on paper, but seeing him torturing the cute girl who tried to relay him information- sicko.
I really agree with you here. I thought that was really well done. I felt so bad for Estelle. I can't wait to see Accel's much more nuanced character development as this goes along. (i.e. because it's from his perspective and because we're finally getting continuity for everything that's happening to him since he's the star )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 09:47   Link #143
Birdway
Banned

@R.LocK
She didn't fight someone more powerful, her enemy couldn't offer much opposition, and that nuke was aimed at Fiamma on his star of Bethlehem of all things. IMO she was there for the sake of having screen time(no coincidence she among all the good guys on russia she's the only one who didn't accomplish her goal).

This manga started better than Railgun, lets see how it goes.
Birdway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 12:45   Link #144
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

In my opinion, outside Touma and Accel's storylines, WWIII by itself suffers from a lack of attention to worldbuilding on Kamachi's part and comes off without any gravitas whatsoever. It's not even worthy of the name. For example, Shiage's involvement tends to compound the problem by dragging the focus away from the only compelling parts and highlighting just how little creativity was invested in defining the actual parameters of the conflict.

I think WW3 would have been a better name if it had been more of a war and less of AC just owning everyone on the planet with no effort.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 13:27   Link #145
LG-MAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
@R.LocK
She didn't fight someone more powerful, her enemy couldn't offer much opposition, and that nuke was aimed at Fiamma on his star of Bethlehem of all things. IMO she was there for the sake of having screen time(no coincidence she among all the good guys on russia she's the only one who didn't accomplish her goal).

this is the problem with the Mikoto participation, if the nuclear attack had another target, this could gives an importance to her. but the attack was targeted at the place where the Fiamma was, what she did was prevent the villain ​​to sweat. and I'm being kind.

Anyway, I want to see more crazy Kiharas, and this manga is the right place.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 15:05   Link #146
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
In my opinion, outside Touma and Accel's storylines, WWIII by itself suffers from a lack of attention to worldbuilding on Kamachi's part and comes off without any gravitas whatsoever. It's not even worthy of the name. For example, Shiage's involvement tends to compound the problem by dragging the focus away from the only compelling parts and highlighting just how little creativity was invested in defining the actual parameters of the conflict.

I think WW3 would have been a better name if it had been more of a war and less of AC just owning everyone on the planet with no effort.
Lol, it was World War III... it's just that this time Germany was too powerful to resist. So there was no point of showing how everyone else lost.
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-08, 15:39   Link #147
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Lol, it was World War III... it's just that this time Germany was too powerful to resist. So there was no point of showing how everyone else lost.

One of the major problem I noticed: India happens to be Russia's primary weapon importer. Why would they go to war against them?

Oops Kamachi.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 20:33   Link #148
jrdragon2006

what is this about?
http://yaraon.blog109.fc2.com/blog-entry-22112.html
jrdragon2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-23, 21:20   Link #149
TaintedDream
Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrdragon2006 View Post
Announcement for "A Certain Scientific Accelerator" Anime. However, I believe it turned out to be false? According to the twitter that posted that announcement initially, can't read Japanese so I used Google Translate. But it had a post saying sorry for the misinformation, and that somewhere along the way, the message got messed up?

They're considering making an anime, but no confirmation yet. <- Is the gist of it I think.
TaintedDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-24, 06:45   Link #150
zaeraal

Yes, it talks about A Certain Scientific Accelerator Anime, but it was fake, so no anime (for now).
zaeraal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-02-28, 06:41   Link #151
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Does anyone have at least one Accel manga spoiler?
We always get Railgun RAW first and wait for Accel RAW for a week. It really annoys me.
Old 2014-02-28, 11:06   Link #152
LG-MAX

the manga still need a fan base, not necessarily fans of the book will be fans of the manga. but this late is really weird.
LG-MAX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 04:46   Link #153
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

The RAW is out. Its a pretty good chapter. We see that dead girl's last moments (pretty dark stuff), Yoshikawa Kikyo in hospital, Heaven Canceller checking on the dead girl's body and finding what looks like a magic circle on piece of paper thatt was inside the girl's mouth; some Estelle fanservice; and most importantly...

Accelerator sees magic being performed in front of his eyes for the first time!! Estelle uses magic to try and look at the memories of the dead girl. A magic circle appears in the room and an image of a brain appears (comes out of) out of the dead girl's head. Accelerator is wondering what on earth is going on and curiously moves his hand to touch the brain that appeared. Though Estelle warns him not to touch it, he does and the girl's memories seem to flow into his head. Various memories from her life including childhood and school life and her last memories which were shown at the beginning of the chapter.
Old 2014-03-01, 06:11   Link #154
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by OH&S View Post
The RAW is out. Its a pretty good chapter. We see that dead girl's last moments (pretty dark stuff), Yoshikawa Kikyo in hospital, Heaven Canceller checking on the dead girl's body and finding what looks like a magic circle on piece of paper thatt was inside the girl's mouth; some Estelle fanservice; and most importantly...

Accelerator sees magic being performed in front of his eyes for the first time!! Estelle uses magic to try and look at the memories of the dead girl. A magic circle appears in the room and an image of a brain appears (comes out of) out of the dead girl's head. Accelerator is wondering what on earth is going on and curiously moves his hand to touch the brain that appeared. Though Estelle warns him not to touch it, he does and the girl's memories seem to flow into his head. Various memories from her life including childhood and school life and her last memories which were shown at the beginning of the chapter.
So it means Accelerator suddenly and unwillingly has lived someone's else life? It's pretty interesting. And he has no idea what this power is; as it was expected. And I hope he will not find out it was magic at that time. Because I don't want Kamachi to mess with his character and the timeline.

Acelerator is not very talkative in this manga, his replies consist of a single sentence or two of them. Cause in the novels he talks pretty much compared to the manga, I hope Kamachi will fix it.

His ''I don't care about the weaklings'' was so tsundere I'm laughing. Cause everyone knows that he does care Especially since vol. 13.
And it's so funny for me that Kamachi tries to reveal his asexual qualities like ones he showed when came into the bathroom in 12 vol. He saw Estelle almost naked and further on she was hanging around him almost naked and not giving a shit either, but Accel's expression and look 'I don't really give a shit about that' watching Estelle like this... was precious and boss-like

I don't know if this girl's memories moved his heart somehow and how he will act after that but I guess he will get a little more motivated. Maybe in the next volume we will see him actively dealing with all the shit he found out about recently I'm waiting for motorbike again
Old 2014-03-01, 11:02   Link #155
WiliamZ0

The manga cover looks nice :d
WiliamZ0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-01, 23:37   Link #156
OH&S
Index III was a mistake

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
Does anyone have at least one Accel manga spoiler?
We always get Railgun RAW first and wait for Accel RAW for a week. It really annoys me.
We got the Railgun RAWs first, but the Accelerator Scanlation came out first this time around.
Old 2014-03-02, 01:12   Link #157
R.LocK
My turn

Accelerator thanked Yoshikawa?! That... was unexpected.
R.LocK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 01:21   Link #158
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Other than the darkness being shoved down our throats right off the bat, as it is mandatory whenever Accelerator is involved, this was actually a really good chapter. As mentioned, this is officially the first time Accel sees magic, though of course, he doesn't understand it at all. Kinda weird to see him as clueless about it as Mikoto.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 02:00   Link #159
ghost013

Good chapter. Estelle is hot. Still going to need some time to get used to the art. Wonder where this is going next.

This isn't related to the chapter, but I suddenly thought about the last level 5 who hadn't been revealed yet. If Misaki was introduced in Railgun, maybe we'll get first appearance of level 6?
ghost013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-03-02, 02:11   Link #160
Hiss13
No time to sleep, 不幸だ

Short but good chapter. The part with the DA and Hasami was pretty dark but not at a level that we haven't seen in the Index novels already. If anything, it reminds me more of the prologue of Volume 19 with Depart.

As usual the art could still use some work but it generally fit the tone of the chapter.

Of course, Estelle being the clueless girl she was in terms of societal "norms" was pretty refreshing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Requiem-x View Post
Other than the darkness being shoved down our throats right off the bat, as it is mandatory whenever Accelerator is involved, this was actually a really good chapter. As mentioned, this is officially the first time Accel sees magic, though of course, he doesn't understand it at all. Kinda weird to see him as clueless about it as Mikoto.
To be fair, they are trying to analyze the phenomena they see in a way they know how. Even Touma didn't believe that what he was seeing was magic at first and he was already told about it. The issue was that he was a Level 0 who wasn't all too knowledgeable when it came to power development and ESPer powers so he eventually accepted it.

Accelerator and Mikoto are both high level ESPers who have a basic understanding of how ESPer powers work and as such are using that knowledge, only, to explain things. That's it.