AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2014-03-06, 19:34   Link #2421
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamazura View Post
ye, i just read NT8 and im bored already. with touma harem scene in bathub with shitty jealous index and misaka
Pretty sure you wouldn't like it anyway, so your judgement is not surprising, really.

(and you saying Misaka was jealous shows how much you understood the words you read)

What I liked of chapter 2 is how the humour was different I think. No biribiring, Touma being Genre Savy, and the expected fanservice misshap of romcom ending up...hurting Touma psychologically rather than physically
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-03-06, 19:36   Link #2422
Thatguy3331
Pro Slacker

Frankly I'm surprised you even bothered to keep up with everything thus far, If I were you I'd just wait until I hear Hamazura got a part or something.
Old 2014-03-06, 19:37   Link #2423
hamazura
whatever

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy3331 View Post
Frankly I'm surprised you even bothered to keep up with everything thus far, If I were you I'd just wait until I hear Hamazura got a part or something.
well im continuing because i HEARD hamazura got a part or something -_-
Old 2014-03-06, 19:57   Link #2424
LG-MAX

Quote:
ah, man, if you're only reading to see Hamazura.............................

Spoiler for The Fall and Rise of one Hero arc.:

ready, the participation of Hamazura comes down to it, you are now free.
Old 2014-03-06, 22:57   Link #2425
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
I'm here for the same reason and cuz Accel, but be patient, he will have his arc after Accel's arc if he are to take the order of protagonists in order.

About NT8 I agree, chapter 1 was meh, later got serious but I hated screen off fights and well... you know... Freya the evil fetus, Goku would like to get her ki, though .

Ahem. The best part of that volume was when it ended(no kidding), at the epilogue which delivered all the awesomness the whole volume couldn't but NT9 compensated a lot of what's bothering me from the previous volume and it turned to be wonderful for a Touma centrice volume.

Now I hope some tragedy by having Othinus die after all of Touma's efforts at the end of the next novel <3

PS: Now I miss Thor, he could've make things better for NT8, but whatever, that is in the past.
Old 2014-03-06, 23:14   Link #2426
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

reading for one or two characters, you guys -sigh-
moving on, another interesting thing would be Fiamma and Touma having a face off where this time its people on Fiamma's side rather than his
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-03-07, 06:49   Link #2427
desrtsku
Nympholept

The only people that would be on Fiamma's side are either Ollerus & Co or the ones ready to put magical handcuffs on him.
That said, Fiamma VS Touma rematch is a must. Guy needs to add the name of genuinely disabled people among his trophies. Fiamma being the one-handed "human", as opposed to situational one-handed cyborgs like Rensa.
When we're at it, add someone that is missing one or both legs, someone more deaf than Shutoura and a blind magician. We need to show people that equality isn't just about gender.
Old 2014-03-07, 09:46   Link #2428
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
You're never going to read the rest of NT 8 what a shame... Or at least your memories are tainted because of the first 2 parts... and I like those by the way.
No, I read it. Do you think I would read NT 9 without reading NT 8? and thank god there is NT 9. Its wash away the bad after taste of NT 8. How I wish sh*t doesn't happen when its serious -_- its really killing the mood for me.
Old 2014-03-07, 10:25   Link #2429
LG-MAX

well I think that opinion is opinion, the Japanese prefer the NT 8 instead of NT 4, and I consider it a greater folly than the holocaust.
Old 2014-03-07, 10:25   Link #2430
Kenju of the Right
Imagine Breaker

it really just seems like you're overreacting, like there hasn't been any slice of life moments near action before
Intellectual Village: Volume 6 Chapter 3
Mitou Shoukan:// Blood Sign Volume 1 Chapter 1
Heavy Object: Volume 10 Complete
Gakusen Toshi Asterisk: Volume 7 Chapter 2
Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei: Volume 12 Chapter 12
Rokka no Yuusha Volume 4 Chapter 1

Old 2014-03-07, 11:00   Link #2431
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
I'm here for the same reason and cuz Accel, but be patient, he will have his arc after Accel's arc if he are to take the order of protagonists in order..
I don't know about Hamazura, but I'm pretty sure Accelerator will no longer act as a protagonist and be the protagonist. I remember the chapter of 6th volume when Accel destroyed Dark Matter again and chose not to walk down Touma's path. This chapter was called "One needs not to be a protagonist" and it sure referred to Accel-san. In the 7th chap he said the similar thing himself- "Then go. I'm not a protagonist here." Kamachi tries to make hints again.
It seems he will act as a secondary character and help Touma and the world behind the scenes as in 7 vol- "doing something THAT person can't do."
Well, it's something I think.
Old 2014-03-07, 11:55   Link #2432
Birdway
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lulu Vie Britania View Post
I don't know about Hamazura, but I'm pretty sure Accelerator will no longer act as a protagonist and be the protagonist. I remember the chapter of 6th volume when Accel destroyed Dark Matter again and chose not to walk down Touma's path. This chapter was called "One needs not to be a protagonist" and it sure referred to Accel-san. In the 7th chap he said the similar thing himself- "Then go. I'm not a protagonist here." Kamachi tries to make hints again.
It seems he will act as a secondary character and help Touma and the world behind the scenes as in 7 vol- "doing something THAT person can't do."
Well, it's something I think.
I'm sure it's obvious Accelerator means about that story where Touma is the protagonist so he should take a seat and wait, afterall that isn't affecting LO, Yomi, Kikyo or the Sisters so far, so why he should bother?

When the time comes he will have to be the protagonist of his OWN story arc again like he did before.

Quote:
I remember the chapter of 6th volume when Accel destroyed Dark Matter again and chose not to walk down Touma's path.
And by Touma's path he means try to not be a idealistic hero as he pictured Touma to be.

Remember Vol.22? At the question about what is Accelerator he answered "I'm... me." No evil no good, just him.

Quote:
This chapter was called "One needs not to be a protagonist" and it sure referred to Accel-san.
And that went for Hamazura as well.

One of NT1's chapters was called "The right to become a good person and the right to reject it" and that didn't mean he became evil.
Old 2014-03-07, 14:17   Link #2433
desrtsku
Nympholept

I highly doubt Accel will be one of the dual protag (with Hamazura) of an arc ever again. Not in a few years, at least.
Heh, I wouldn't care less if Accel disappears for 6 or 7 volumes actually. But it's not of ill intention, I just think it wouldn't be fair for other important secondary characters like Hamazura or the Necessarius people.
He has his own manga now, a manga which probably might "retcon" his chastity connection with the magic side if something interesting happens. For all I know, he can take a break as long as he wants from the main story as long as it doesn't kill him.
Old 2014-03-07, 14:59   Link #2434
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
a manga which probably might "retcon" his chastity
I reaaally want to comment on this, but I don't even know where to begin
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
Old 2014-03-07, 14:59   Link #2435
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birdway View Post
And by Touma's path he means try to not be a idealistic hero as he pictured Touma to be.

Remember Vol.22? At the question about what is Accelerator he answered "I'm... me." No evil no good, just him..
First of all, he didn't ever try to be an idealistic hero like Touma. He wanted to be a hero like Touma but he didn't ever try to be a hero because he thought he had no right to do so and he is too evil to be a good person. I don't get why people still say that Accel was trying to act like Touma. The desire to be like somebody doesn't mean acting like that person. And he said himself that hero in his mind doesn't do what he does, he does heroic things and even protecting civilians during the fight was his own decision and didn't mean to be copying hero's behaviour.
And he rejected his "hero-villain" phylosophy after his second fight with Touma. That means he started to be himself already in 21 volume. The path he was talking about in 6 vol was something different.

And why don't you think he would bother if things affect not his family and sisters but other people? It's true that he tries to act as indifferent person but he admitted himself that if he has a chance to help someone get a happy end he will help.
Old 2014-03-07, 15:10   Link #2436
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
I reaaally want to comment on this, but I don't even know where to begin
Please don't, I really want to believe in him.
Old 2014-03-07, 15:10   Link #2437
Lulu Vie Britania
Genderless telepath

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
I highly doubt Accel will be one of the dual protag (with Hamazura) of an arc ever again. Not in a few years, at least.
Heh, I wouldn't care less if Accel disappears for 6 or 7 volumes actually. But it's not of ill intention, I just think it wouldn't be fair for other important secondary characters like Hamazura or the Necessarius people.
He has his own manga now, a manga which probably might "retcon" his chastity connection with the magic side if something interesting happens. For all I know, he can take a break as long as he wants from the main story as long as it doesn't kill him.
Also, I don't get why people keep on saying that it's totally ok if Accel doesn't participate in real story cause he's got his own manga. No, it's still a catastrophe for fans. And for my own egoistic reasons I would call his non-participation a black spot on the story, I find him one of the most enjoyable and important characters. Mikoto always takes action even if she is irrelevant and she has her manga and it's ok. She is a main character when someone else would fit this role better.
Accel's manga is still an amount of past events. It doesn't affect the present story. And it can be not exciting enough. People want to see current events, not past events. They want to know that the character is still alive and relative.
And I don't see why Hamazura s more important and secondary than Accel. He's got more screen time in NT than Accelerator.
Old 2014-03-07, 20:08   Link #2438
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
First of all, he didn't ever try to be an idealistic hero like Touma. He wanted to be a hero like Touma but he didn't ever try to be a hero because he thought he had no right to do so and he is too evil to be a good person. I don't get why people still say that Accel was trying to act like Touma. The desire to be like somebody doesn't mean acting like that person. And he said himself that hero in his mind doesn't do what he does, he does heroic things and even protecting civilians during the fight was his own decision and didn't mean to be copying hero's behaviour.
And he rejected his "hero-villain" phylosophy after his second fight with Touma. That means he started to be himself already in 21 volume. The path he was talking about in 6 vol was something different
Because even in the War Accel tried to block an attack with his right hand?

Quote:
And why don't you think he would bother if things affect not his family and sisters but other people? It's true that he tries to act as indifferent person but he admitted himself that if he has a chance to help someone get a happy end he will help.
Not at all, in NT7 he said he will do his work before AC darkness starts messing around with him because he was fine with how things were, that's why he did his homework and ended in the gathering of Level 5's.

Quote:
Also, I don't get why people keep on saying that it's totally ok if Accel doesn't participate in real story cause he's got his own manga. No, it's still a catastrophe for fans. And for my own egoistic reasons I would call his non-participation a black spot on the story, I find him one of the most enjoyable and important characters. Mikoto always takes action even if she is irrelevant and she has her manga and it's ok. She is a main character when someone else would fit this role better.
Having Accelerator out of screen also was one of the reasons why the number for the last NT volume wasn't that high. Fans also got to love Accelerator as well and having him out of picture for 2 volumes didn't go well for the sales(personally I think the one who should be out for a time should be Lessar who didn't do anything except being a comic relief and Mikoto who is always after Touma but can't do anything against her popularity and demanding fandom and editor ... to think they destroyed Index merchandising just because she didn't meet Touma in Vol.22 as they want was creepy.)

Quote:
Accel's manga is still an amount of past events. It doesn't affect the present story. And it can be not exciting enough. People want to see current events, not past events. They want to know that the character is still alive and relative.
And I don't see why Hamazura s more important and secondary than Accel. He's got more screen time in NT than Accelerator.
If Mikoto has her own manga and still messes around in the novels then why the hell not let Accel do the same since he is a protagonist and a relevant character?
Old 2014-03-07, 22:20   Link #2439
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miraluka View Post
Because even in the War Accel tried to block an attack with his right hand?

Not at all, in NT7 he said he will do his work before AC darkness starts messing around with him because he was fine with how things were, that's why he did his homework and ended in the gathering of Level 5's.

Having Accelerator out of screen also was one of the reasons why the number for the last NT volume wasn't that high. Fans also got to love Accelerator as well and having him out of picture for 2 volumes didn't go well for the sales(personally I think the one who should be out for a time should be Lessar who didn't do anything except being a comic relief and Mikoto who is always after Touma but can't do anything against her popularity and demanding fandom and editor ... to think they destroyed Index merchandising just because she didn't meet Touma in Vol.22 as they want was creepy.)

If Mikoto has her own manga and still messes around in the novels then why the hell not let Accel do the same since he is a protagonist and a relevant character?
Um so... First of all, Accel manga is highly relevant to what's happening because I'm sure it'll tie in with how the Science side actually works and Accel's discoveries he's been having about the true nature of the science side. That's been very important the entire time and should be of relevance pretty soon. This is why I think Kamachi is starting the manga now to set that arc up and other things. Otherwise he wouldn't have picked Accelerator to write a manga about because even if he is popular a lot of casual people wouldn't read it because of how dark it is, and this is why he is probably doing it because it'll have some huge effect on the story.

It isn't like Railgun isn't relevant to the plot. It gave us a pretty good characterization of Misaki, and showed us some other important things/people. Seeing more about ITEM/MEMBER was nice as well. I think people who say those mangas aren't important really miss the point. Kamachi is a good enough writer to make the sidestories actually screw with our understanding of what happened in the main plot, because it is completely possible a scenario happened in a way that is completely opposite from the intended effect and only a side-story can actually explain that.

Pretty much everything he writes is important, so I don't see why you would say it isn't important.

Also, I originally read the LNs because I was following Touma, but I like every single character here a lot. They're all really well done and have a lot of depth. I don't think anyway of them are badly written at all and people who do just don't like the characters, I'm pretty sure or at least hope they don't think they're shallow.

Also, Mikoto is also an important and relevant character. Yes you all hate her, that doesn't mean she isn't still one of the main heroines Touma might end up with. And it also doesn't mean that she won't learn about magic soon enough, and it also doesn't mean that she's a side character. She is one of the main character. You guys should seriously complain about any main character being included in the plot. They're main characters for a reason. Kamachi can and should put them in if he wants to.

Accelerator will probably have an amazing arc soon enough that Kamachi has been taking extra time to plan while he was doing this other arc and he's probably spending a lot of time now setting it up which just means it'll be that amazing. I can't wait to see it, but seriously a lot of the shit I'm seeing posted is starting to annoy me. I come here for the few people who write really profound things when they're reviewing books/series, but I still get really annoyed by people who don't care if they have really shallow opinions without any explanations of why they feel the way they do, and give immature explanations for how they feel. (I'm not talking about you Tsunade... you give good explanations)
Old 2014-03-07, 23:00   Link #2440
Miraluka
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dniv View Post
Spoiler for shot:
MC isn't the same as protagonist which Accel is.

Ans spin off like Railgun usually shows past events that are extention of the main events from the novels.
Closed Thread

Tags
novel predictions