AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-01-11, 00:33   Link #1441
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by MushroomSamba View Post
To be honest, the Piccolo vs Freeza fight was probably my least favorite matchup involving Freeza, so I'm glad to be breezing by it. Can't believe we'll finally arrive at the Final Stage next ep.
I really liked the Piccolo vs. Freeza fight a lot. Here are my reasons why:

1) Piccolo is my favorite character.

2) There was no fooling around in that fight whatsoever, and it's one of the very few matches in DBZ where both combatants are relatively equal.

3) The choreography was very well done.

I've gotta say that 3rd form Freeza always cracks me up. He really tries to irritate his opponents by making them experience pain and despair all while he's having so much fun. What a sadistic bastard .
Old 2010-01-11, 01:27   Link #1442
Vicious108

3rd form Freeza is awesome. The creepiest form by far IMO.

I didn't remember that his voice changed that way though. That took me by surprise.

Anyways, another great episode and one that ended right where I imagined it would.

Lol @ Vegeta going "blast me half to death" out of nowhere. The look on Kuririn's face was priceless.

And wow, once again, they show all the important parts in the preview. Poor people watching it for the first time.
Vicious108 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 02:21   Link #1443
MushroomSamba
Mad Scientist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
I really liked the Piccolo vs. Freeza fight a lot.

Here are my reasons why:

1) Piccolo is my favorite character.

2) There was no fooling around in that fight whatsoever, and it's one of the very few matches in DBZ where both combatants are relatively equal.

3) The choreography was very well done.

I've gotta say that 3rd form Freeza always cracks me up. He really tries to irritate his opponents by making them experience pain and despair all while he's having so much fun. What a sadistic bastard .
I like Piccolo, too (not my favorite, but he's pretty awesome nonetheless). I'm not picking on it simply because he's involved. There was just too much "Oh, I was simply toying with you" and "now we take turns leveling up" for me during that short span (even by DBZ standards). I didn't find the choreography all that great either...a far cry from what we saw during the Ginyu arc.

I guess it's just a difference of taste. It's not even like I hated the episode either. Actually, I think it's physically impossible for me to not enjoy any bit of this show in the slightest.

MushroomSamba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 07:33   Link #1444
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Piccolo is my second favourite character in the franchise, so this episode was such a blast. What a treat to get an episode of all out of action, with no silly nonsense that breaks up the mood during it.

I love the change in voice for Freeza's second transformation. It fits perfectly with the pretty damn scary form of his, though we'll be seeing my favourite form next week.

The way i see it,
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-13, 02:41   Link #1445
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Piccolo is without a SHADOW of a doubt, my favorite character in the Dragonball lore. Unmistakably evil and yet even when he's mellowed out, he's not evil but just a pure, unfiltered badass (unlike Vegeta, who's simply a power hungry mister inferiority complex).

Sadly, that episode was probably the last time Piccolo was near the top of the foodchain as power levels go. The last moment of glory before he turns into a total jobber. Sad..
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-13, 03:43   Link #1446
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Piccolo is without a SHADOW of a doubt, my favorite character in the Dragonball lore. Unmistakably evil and yet even when he's mellowed out, he's not evil but just a pure, unfiltered badass (unlike Vegeta, who's simply a power hungry mister inferiority complex).

Sadly, that episode was probably the last time Piccolo was near the top of the foodchain as power levels go. The last moment of glory before he turns into a total jobber. Sad..
Well I think Piccolo gets one more moment at the top before toppling down to average.

Anyways it wasn't a bad fight really. A lot of physical force with two fighters of their heights going at it. Sadly for Piccolo Freeza just has the advantage in amount of power ups to rely on.

Would probably put Piccolo as my second favourite. A great character for the series with his development. May fall behind in terms of power, but he remains a favourite.
Old 2010-01-13, 04:28   Link #1447
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Yeah Piccolo does have another shot at being at the top. Can't call yourself a Piccolo fan if you've forgotten about it.
Old 2010-01-13, 05:24   Link #1448
Vicious108

Indeed. Just remember what Nail said about how if Piccolo had been "whole", he might've been able to defeat Freeza.
Old 2010-01-13, 08:11   Link #1449
Vegard Aune

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Well, he temporarily became stronger than any of the Saiyans in the Cell-arc, due to
Spoiler for ...yeah, spoiler-tags for Dragonball. Very necessary:
Granted, that didn't last long, what with Goku and the others going into the Room of Spirits and Time just a few episodes later, but still...
Old 2010-01-13, 20:09   Link #1450
Noe
HARDCORE Fate addict™

Send a message via AIM to Noe Send a message via MSN to Noe
Oh noes, Freeze transformed again. I wonder how many more eps until Goku is finally recovered.

ALL HAIL FATE T. HARLAOWN!
#Feitoism @ irc.rizon.net to revere, share, and cherish Fate Testarossa Harlaown.
My blog
Noe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-14, 02:09   Link #1451
Alchemist007
*Author

Cool eps, realized I hadn't seen 38 so I got a double watching.

Spoiler for Freeza, the princess of Senbonzakura:
Old 2010-01-14, 12:55   Link #1452
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Let's not forget that Piccolo gets incredibly strong after the 3 years of training in preparation for the arrival of the androids. He just outclassed Dr. Gero in every way.
Old 2010-01-14, 15:31   Link #1453
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Let's not forget that Piccolo gets incredibly strong after the 3 years of training in preparation for the arrival of the androids. He just outclassed Dr. Gero in every way.
Yeah can't look down on Piccolo. He works hard and keeps himself pretty close for a while there. Still has some moments left though there are only a few of them.

Anyways looking forward to seeing Gohan's next rage filled charge. He might float around a little for most of a fight, but will get his quick attack in there.
Old 2010-01-17, 13:59   Link #1454
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Oh man, they did some gore edit again in 40. Makes me wonder if
Spoiler for DBZ scene:

I think we'll find out next week, though!
LuckyCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 15:37   Link #1455
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai View Post
I think we'll find out next week, though!
Probably. What scene did this weeks end at?

And regarding your spoiler,
Spoiler:

Last edited by Shiroth; 2010-01-17 at 15:57.
Shiroth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 15:46   Link #1456
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Probably. What episode did this weeks end at?
Spoiler:
Old 2010-01-17, 15:58   Link #1457
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
Spoiler:
As i expected. Thanks.
Old 2010-01-17, 21:11   Link #1458
rpgman1

Finally, we get to see Freeza's final form. His 3rd form cracked me up because it is more like those aliens. Piccolo thought he had a shot at Freeza, but the tyrant just gets more powerful with each transformation.
rpgman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-17, 22:26   Link #1459
Vicious108

Finally. Freeza is always fearsome and impressive, but his final form is by far his most awesome state. And there's no better way for the tyrant's said final form to make a debut than to kill a Namek child. Poor Aya Hirano. Though yeah, with Kai's great pacing, she shouldn't be gone for that long.

And man, possibly my favorite moment in the series and definitely one of the saddest ones in it is gonna take place in just two weeks. Can't wait.
Old 2010-01-18, 00:59   Link #1460
Alchemist007
*Author

Gohan, do not be mesmerized by the rainbow ><