AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2010-10-20, 01:39   Link #1
james0246

[Manga] Chapter 514 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread. This thread is created early to discuss spoilers and speculation about the upcoming chapter as well as discussion of said chapter once it has been released.

As per the forums rules, please don't ask for or mention about where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc. Additionally, if you are posting someone else's synopsis (or their translation of a synopsis), then please provide credit were credit is due.

Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This stands for pictures and direct translations. Summaries are ok, crops of pictures are ok as well if you want to illustrate your point but this is it.

---

Spoilers out...

Quote:
- Due to the sheer destructive nature of the technique, Akatsuchi prevents Oonoki from finishing his Cero-esque technique, commenting that the technique would destroy the entire island. Deidara attacks during the brief lull in the fighting, only to be blocked by Akatsuchi.

-Meanwhile, Manda is going on a rampage, destroying everything around it. Whilst rampaging, it telepathically (yep, snakes are good with telepathy) tells Kabuto that Naruto is somewhere on the island.

-It seems Naruto and company has somehow retreated inside of the Turtle. Yamato, not wanting Naruto to get involved, lies and tells him that they are experiencing earthquakes. Naruto, doubtful of Yamato, decides to go outside and look, only for Yamato to give him some BS excuse about the importance of completing an S-rank mission. Naruto reluctantly agrees to not investigate. Aoba comments on how great it is that Naruto is an idiot…

-Armadillo-chan’s penis is seen once again…

-Somehow, Yamato and Aoba are able to sneak out to join the fight. They immediately encounter Kurotsuchi battling Kabuto (and Manda?). (Kurotsuchi’s gender is revealed, she is the granddaughter of Oonoki.) They join forces to battle Kabuto. Kurotsuchi reveals that she uses a Cement based Ninjutsu, and seemingly manages to capture Kabuto.

-Cut to Deidara and Oonoki, who have upped the ante.

-Cut back to the Kabuto fight, Aoba attempts to interrogate Kabuto (who is currently stuck in cement), but before he can start, Kabuto escapes by turning into a snake (Aoba, meanwhile, falls into the cement ). Slithering at top speed, Kabuto attacks Yamato, biting him. Yamato retreats while Kabuto gloats. Presumably, Kabuto captures Yamato here (he is captured, but the spoiler is unclear exactly when he is captured)

-Back to the Deidara fight, both are still flying around like idiots, until suddenly a coffin appears behind Deidara, and summons him back to the underworld. Their fight has ended.

-Oonoki talks with Kurotsuchi and Aoba, commenting on the fight. They discuss how easily it will be for Madara to attain top secret info from Yamato.

-Cut to Madara’s base. Kabuto appears with Yamato. Madara comments on the different “prize” he has been brought and Kabuto explains that Yamato was a better target due to his Intel, and the fact that his cells can be used to strengthen all of the Zetsu army.

-Somehow, it is revealed that Madara’s right eye contains a Sharingan, but his left eye contains a Rinnegan (presumably Nagato’s Rinnegan…which could still be Madara’s to begin with). Madara comments that his left eye desires war.

-Chapter ends. No spoilers next week…

Last edited by james0246; 2010-10-20 at 08:39.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 02:03   Link #2
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
clay clone vs old guy. who will win?
Old 2010-10-20, 03:42   Link #3
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

seems like yamato got captured,hopefully hes in the next death list since i dont see him contributing into the story alot.
Old 2010-10-20, 06:14   Link #4
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

When Madara declared war upon other nations I aspected that war would be like something from Kakashi's gaiden and not aliance vs clones.
Old 2010-10-20, 08:06   Link #5
Photonbeam
It's VACATION TIMEEEEE!!!

Send a message via Yahoo to Photonbeam
@milan kyuubi

Times have changed my friend.
Old 2010-10-20, 08:07   Link #6
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

It doesn't really matter how he gets his army: the fact is that he now has one. The war's objective isn't to crush any particular nation. He doesn't need to send in infantry and the regular battle array to brute force storm the capitol.

This is a war that should go a lot more like a Cold War: less direct clashes and more infiltration, more focus on information and espionage, and tactical positioning. In fact Madara himself is already moving just like a Cold War thinker. He isn't interested in killing off any particular village of ninja, but just moving in on specific targets.

There may be eventually a large clash on key resistance centres, or even better: Madara, after he gets the powers he has been pining away for will actually just use the army as a reinforcement arm, and he could well just send some talented shinobi aides to kill off the Kages and the leaders in every village and have them replaced, and move a small controlling force into every village: an influx of S-class shinobi in a tight pack ruling on Madara's behalf, plus the threat of hundreds of thousands of infantry (Zetsu clones) are enough to subdue most of the weaker parts of the Naruto world, and for the Great Nations, just send in again, S-class shinobi, along with a larger attack force and cripple the country considerably, kill of the former monarchy and leadership, and install a larger threat, and from then on, you should have a chastened puppy of a world.

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
holypanl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 08:40   Link #7
james0246

Updated OP with complete spoiler...

Briefly, Yamato is captured, and Madara's left eye is now a Rinnegan...
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 09:47   Link #8
iBeast

So no chapter next week?
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 11:02   Link #9
Arkard

Armadillo again!?
Arkard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 11:19   Link #10
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

.... fan.. service? .... i shudder to think who would... na no one could..
Old 2010-10-20, 12:12   Link #11
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
Quote:
Originally Posted by iBeast View Post
So no chapter next week?
One week break to do some research on animal penises.
Old 2010-10-20, 12:24   Link #12
Nobodyman9
Banned

Armadillo Penis: Because it was so funny the first time, why not do it a second time?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 12:28   Link #13
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I suspect this thread will analyze in depth armadillo penal behaviour rather than how or why Yamato got captured despite his hax mokuton that is a perfect counter to Deidara's explosions and any kind of physical attack that he could dish out...
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 12:42   Link #14
Ulquiorra
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to Ulquiorra Send a message via AIM to Ulquiorra Send a message via Yahoo to Ulquiorra
If Madara has a third eye in his butt that's revealed to be a Byakugan... But seriously, think of all the crazy jutsu Madara can now do with his hax powers.

And at least now we'll finally get to see that army fight. Madara said his left eye now hungered for all out war. Unfortunately they are all likely to spam mokuton, which will get boring. Hopefully Kishi gives them something else and lets them mess up the Alliance.

Onoki vs. Deidara turned out to be a dud and stall fight. Just some fanservice for Iwa. Gaara wasn't even needed.

And Kurotsuchi will probably become a fan favorute. A fun badarse chick with cement jutsu. We needed one since Shikamaru's girlfriend with the fan had her personality ripped out and became irrelevant long ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I suspect this thread will analyze in depth armadillo penal behaviour rather than how or why Yamato got captured despite his hax mokuton that is a perfect counter to Deidara's explosions and any kind of physical attack that he could dish out...
Yamato said himself he is just an inferior clone of Hashirama. His mokuton is no where near his level's. So basically you are left with a guy who the databook has a tick below Konoha's elite jonin like Kakashi, Gai, and Asuma.

And he was captured by Kabuto turning into a snake and biting him. Yamato getting captured was the least surprising event that could have occurred from this skirmish.

Quote:
Aoba comments on how great it is that Naruto is an idiot…
And folks, you're future Hokage.

What's funny was that Aoba thought Naruto wasn't enough of an idiot to buy that a S-rank mission would be about checking out animal penises. And that he must have figured that out by now. But he didn't. Naruto is really that special.
Ulquiorra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 13:13   Link #15
Gin
*Artist

Kabuto is pretty cool now, but I wish Orochimaru would hurry up and reincarnate himelf already. If Kishi is bringing back old villains for fanservice fights, then he'd better bring back Oro as well.
Old 2010-10-20, 14:02   Link #16
KidKoolAid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gin View Post
Kabuto is pretty cool now, but I wish Orochimaru would hurry up and reincarnate himelf already. If Kishi is bringing back old villains for fanservice fights, then he'd better bring back Oro as well.
Agreed and I demand service now!!!
KidKoolAid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 14:17   Link #17
Slayerx

I really do question the logic behind not letting Naruto and Bee participate... Naruto may not know about the war, but he damn well knows that Akatsuki is after him; so an attack from them would be no surprise. When it comes down to it he and Bee are stronger than everyone protecting them, they can protect themselves much better than their guardians can. Defeating them, much less actual managing to capture them (which would involve additionally fighting off and escaping the guards) would be very difficult. Really anyone capable of capturing them could probably get through the guards easier than that. Frankly there would be far fewer losses amongst the guardians if they allowed Naruto and Bee to help protect themselves... Yamato and the information he has would not be lost right now...

And Naruto really must be an idiot to believe that ecology research constitutes an S-Rank mission. And what with his Sasuke love, I would imagine that he would not want to be bothered with Ninja missions choosing to focus either on training or finding sasuke... at the very least i'd imagine him complaining about being sent on a ecology research mission.
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 14:27   Link #18
Nobodyman9
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Yeah. Remind me why we're supposed to give a crap about Yamato again?
Nobodyman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 14:29   Link #19
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Because he's related to Hashirama, who got an enormous attention shift the last few chapters, so one would expect his freaking clone to DO SOMETHING worth mentioning.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-20, 14:33   Link #20
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 View Post
Yeah. Remind me why we're supposed to give a crap about Yamato again?
-The Scary-face shtick?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
And what with his Sasuke love, I would imagine that he would not want to be bothered with Ninja missions choosing to focus either on training or finding sasuke... at the very least i'd imagine him complaining about being sent on a ecology research mission.
-Perhaps he views this current mission as training? I admit that I too am a bit dumbfounded at his lack of persistence or trusting his gut-feeling, but we need to recall that just prior to being sent to the island, he was informed by the Old Toad Sage about the island being his "destiny". It makes some sort of sense but its still a sloppy method. It would be better for Kishimoto to get Naruto's ass in gear and start perfecting his newly acquired powers.

Tags
weekly chapter discussion