AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2010-11-28, 19:12   Link #5341
AlexiaCarcera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar Logan78 View Post
I am not sure if this is the place to ask, but...

On AmiAmi it says the pre-ordering for EP8 starts Monday the 29th. But when does that start? When it is the 29th in Japan? Eastern time in America? Central?
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=248
If we assume that's correct, I also heard they update their site in like, 4 hours. Maybe. But if they don't start pre orders in like 7~9 hours then probably tomorrow I guess.
AlexiaCarcera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 19:13   Link #5342
xBTAx

If you'd read about a page back, you'd find:

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
AmiAmi updates around noon in Japan- that is, around 11 PM EST. I'm guessing that they'll actually update somewhere between 11:20 and 11:40.

To be safe, I'm going to start refreshing at around 10:55, but... I've been tense all weekend due to this. Going to be very mad if I screw this up...
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 19:47   Link #5343
Gar Logan78

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexiaCarcera View Post
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/city.html?n=248
If we assume that's correct, I also heard they update their site in like, 4 hours. Maybe. But if they don't start pre orders in like 7~9 hours then probably tomorrow I guess.
Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
If you'd read about a page back, you'd find:
Thanks, and sorry for not reading back a page. Do you think the pre-orders will be so popular it is necessary to order it the minute they start up? Or would it be safe to wait until tomorrow?
Gar Logan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 19:59   Link #5344
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gar Logan78 View Post
Thanks, and sorry for not reading back a page. Do you think the pre-orders will be so popular it is necessary to order it the minute they start up? Or would it be safe to wait until tomorrow?
I have absolutely no idea- I've never done something like this before. I'm going to be paranoid and order the games right away (and lose some sleep in the process), but whether that'll be required or not, I do not know. I'm guessing that someone who's pre-ordered one of the earlier games might be able to give you a better idea.

Last edited by xBTAx; 2010-11-28 at 20:14.
Old 2010-11-28, 21:28   Link #5345
sailorsean

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
Pardon me, but I think you are doing it wrong.

Umineko was intended by Ryuukishi as a community game where he challenged all his fans to break his witch's illusion. (as he stated in one of those interviews)

Half the fun were from discussing theories like we're doing in the spoiler/discussion thread here, and the Japs're doing it too. I started playing when ep.7 came out, so I really felt like I missed a lot of the fun. Because most likely you wouldn't have anything to discuss about when the game ends. I'm just saying.

In the end though, it's really up to you.
It's either or to be honest. I don't really post here a lot and I like forming my own theories without relying on someone else's opinion, because that's what will happen with me if I look at those threads.
I don't look at the spoiler/discussion thread since that seems to be a place where people who have played the newest episode in Japanese are free to discuss among themselves.
And besides I like the challenge of figuring out a good mystery without any help, just like reading a good mystery novel.

Also, Klashikari's tweets are becoming very interesting. I'm curious to know if those twilights are made up, or appear somewhere in Ep.7?
sailorsean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 21:30   Link #5346
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
He's making them up.
Old 2010-11-28, 21:34   Link #5347
Cao Ni Ma

Red herrings that precede the truth? Or red hearings that precede more red herrings? Only time will tell I guess

It would be pretty sweet if the Witch Hunt would get an advance copy of EP8 to start translating before the game is actually released. I've seen some upstart companies get some trust out of japanese developers recently and would love to see WH get a permanent gig as the official translators for RK07s games.
Cao Ni Ma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 22:43   Link #5348
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I'm worried AmiAmi might get flooded with people waiting for pre-orders to start. I'm also camping myself.

Please watch where you post and tag your spoilers properly if it's allowed.
Christen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 22:47   Link #5349
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I'm worried AmiAmi might get flooded with people waiting for pre-orders to start. I'm also camping myself.
The images for all of the games have changed; they no longer show the message about waiting for the 29th. But the description of the games still says that, and AmiAmi hasn't updated anything else, so... it'll happen soon, I guess.

Best of luck to all of us.
Old 2010-11-28, 23:14   Link #5350
Riyoga

Just your friendly neighborhood lurker here to say that Paletweb started accepting orders for all 3 Umineko titles coming out shortly ago. So buy from them if you can't wait for AmiAmi.
Riyoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 23:22   Link #5351
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyoga View Post
Just your friendly neighborhood lurker here to say that Paletweb started accepting orders for all 3 Umineko titles coming out shortly ago. So buy from them if you can't wait for AmiAmi.
Any idea on how they treat cancellations? I have a chance to save on shipping at AmiAmi, but I might just use them as a backup.
Old 2010-11-28, 23:30   Link #5352
Riyoga

I can't find anything on a cancellations policy. The only thing it says is that if you don't pay within a certain time limit, then your order is dropped and you can't buy from them again.

I remember one store saying they don't accept cancels, however I can't find it again, and I've been surfing through AmiAmi, Paletweb, and Himeyashop all day, so I don't remember which site it was unfortunately. :/
Riyoga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 23:30   Link #5353
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Is anyone here a frequent Paletweb shopper? I absolutely adore the service that AmiAmi provides, but I might be desperate enough to abandon them for Paletweb when necessary if they're trustworthy enough. I've always been kind of turned off by Paletweb, but intrigued at the same time.

Camping out here like the rest of you, and I'm hoping that we're all just overexaggerating.
Old 2010-11-28, 23:35   Link #5354
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post
Is anyone here a frequent Paletweb shopper? I absolutely adore the service that AmiAmi provides, but I might be desperate enough to abandon them for Paletweb when necessary if they're trustworthy enough. I've always been kind of turned off by Paletweb, but intrigued at the same time.

Camping out here like the rest of you, and I'm hoping that we're all just overexaggerating.
In between my presses of F5, I did a few google searches: it's apparently pretty trustworthy, though they will ban you from buying anything if you cancel things twice.

The thing that scares me most right now is that AmiAmi's main page has updated, but the "sold out" status hasn't changed on the games. I might just go ahead and do that PaletWeb order as backup... though, now that I look at it, PaletWeb charges a flat $15 USD for shipping, which might make them cheaper overall.

EDIT:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyoga View Post
I remember one store saying they don't accept cancels, however I can't find it again, and I've been surfing through AmiAmi, Paletweb, and Himeyashop all day, so I don't remember which site it was unfortunately. :/
That was probably AmiAmi. However, AmiAmi does actually allow cancellations, as long as you're nice about it. Or so I've been told; the only thing I've ever cancelled was Project Diva 2nd (and that was so I could buy the LE, which I immediately did).
Old 2010-11-28, 23:39   Link #5355
Keriaku
Thought Being

I would go for Paletweb, as I did buy EP1 and 2 from them but I really want to get the PS3 version at the same time with Twilight, Ougan and Tsubasa, so AmiAmi looks like it's it for me.
Keriaku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-28, 23:44   Link #5356
xBTAx

Caved and just ordered from PaletWeb. It'll probably even out to the same price, so I'm good.

Though, well... that was a huge anticlimax to this entire weekend.

Good luck to you guys waiting for AmiAmi; I really hope everything works out. I'm going to head off to bed now, though.
Old 2010-11-28, 23:46   Link #5357
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I did order from PaletWeb one time, and it was good. PaletWeb's prices are bit higher though.

Old 2010-11-28, 23:59   Link #5358
einhorn303

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamad View Post

I've used them a number of times in the past for Touhou games and merchandise. They're perfectly trustworthy, although they might be a bit more expensive.

They sell more interesting doujin stuff than AmiAmi, though. Try searching "pillow cover" on their site.
einhorn303 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-29, 00:00   Link #5359
Christen
Endless Nine
*Artist

I have a question for AmiAmi, if you pre-order an item from them and since they only accept PayPal, does this mean you get charged right away?

Old 2010-11-29, 00:02   Link #5360
Bluemail
Zero of the roulette

Quote:
Originally Posted by Christen View Post
I did order from PaletWeb one time, and it was good. PaletWeb's prices are bit higher though.
When do you pay your pre-orders from PaletWeb? I'd like to option to pay it when it is actually released and not right away, like AmiAmi does. Prices are a bit higher, but I guess it doesn't matter if it's Umineko.

Indeed AmiAmi has updated the pre-order date banners from top of the product images, but Sold Out remains... Hope it doesn't mean they sold out in 2 hours. But gotta keep refreshing!
Bluemail is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
translation