Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-07-20, 09:43   Link #481
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
New updates from (where else?) Korea...

The Thor Terran unit has a very slow rate of fire, and move/turn slowly. However it would be devistating against buildings. It is currently the size of a building, and can only be constructed by an SCV.
And we thought tower rushes were bad in War3...so now while the terrans are sieging your base they bring along a couple of SCVs to just build THORS right in the battle?

Man...fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.
Old 2007-07-20, 10:54   Link #482
dodgethis_sg
Storm of Her Wrath

Bricks have been shat.
dodgethis_sg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 11:32   Link #483
[DOT].L
Delightfully lost...
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post

Bricks have been shat.
うぅわあ... ホンマにデカいす~
[DOT].L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 11:36   Link #484
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

hmmmmm I wonder what is Zerg's "ultumite" weapon looks like... I hope it's a giant lurker like unit that can attack both land and air underground (^w^)

Last edited by gummybear; 2007-07-20 at 12:02.
gummybear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 18:01   Link #485
Demongod86

No SCV upgrades. HELL no. Starcraft is all ABOUT the resources. There are no heroes to beat down overwhelming odds, and hard counters are abundant. No upgrading resource mining EVER.
Old 2007-07-20, 22:05   Link #486
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

^ we still cant build heros......lol
Justice Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-20, 22:52   Link #487
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Justice Knight View Post
^ we still cant build heros......lol
That is a no, confirmed by ALL Blizzard sources. Just give up and wait for WarCraft VI.
Old 2007-07-20, 22:54   Link #488
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
No SCV upgrades. HELL no. Starcraft is all ABOUT the resources. There are no heroes to beat down overwhelming odds, and hard counters are abundant. No upgrading resource mining EVER.
agreed. In SC1, terran SCV do already carry 2 more while mining as advantage.

Quote:
we still cant build heros......lol
please go play WC3 instead.
Old 2007-07-21, 00:29   Link #489
WhiteWings

Heroes would be too distracting anyway although playing around them was really fun in WCIII.

Terrans should be the race that is the best in improvising. If the Supply Depot really can go underground than that's a good thing.

Thor. I can see it now. Swarms of cheap zerglings taking out a expensive Terran Thor unit.... Kinda reminds of me of how Zerg players can take out a slow and expensive Battlecruiser but with a better tradeoff in terms of resource expenses.

Last edited by WhiteWings; 2007-07-21 at 01:51.
WhiteWings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 01:48   Link #490
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

there is no 1 unit wonder in SC, that is all I am going to respond to that. just as mass hydras will need OL to suport drops and mass tanks need marines. I won't think of thor as more of a support that can be do with or without.

Last edited by gummybear; 2007-07-21 at 09:30.
Old 2007-07-21, 09:42   Link #491
Demongod86

No 1 unit wonder? Mass BCs, mass carriers.

Gummybear, SCVs never carried 2 more minerals. Every worker carried 8.
Old 2007-07-21, 09:52   Link #492
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
there is no 1 unit wonder in SC, that is all I am going to respond to that. just as mass hydras will need OL to suport drops and mass tanks need marines. I won't think of thor as more of a support that can be do with or without.
A source from Germany confirmed that Thor will have NO anti-air. So there's one more reason to not send it by itself.

The translation from the German magazine is still being organised and checked, so I will wait a bit before posting the rest. One thing though; there is still no certainty that Medics will return for SCII. They are testing for gameplay balance right now, and if things go horribly wrong Medic could still get axed.

Oh, and the reason why we haven't seen much Zerg? They haven't even started making the units properly yet...
Old 2007-07-21, 11:26   Link #493
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Quote:

as long as they can't do everything by themselves, such as mobility/attack/defence/heal/detect all by itself, I hardly consider it's a 1-unit-wonder. let's say you mass BC like so many pvp noobs that forgot to build satcom or sience vess, what good are they to an army of cloak wriths? Besides, we been over this, mass bc and mass carriers aren't all that powerful, a group of well organized army can take them out easily. mass carriers is not the way to vistory, neither is mass siege tanks or goons. So will be mass thor if they even let you build more than 1.

as for the materials, I remember long ago I read somewhere that they carry a bit more. I didn't really test them out cause I rush to get my def/first strike team up rather then marvel at the workers.
Old 2007-07-21, 11:48   Link #494
wsheit
Combating Spoiler Scum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Oh, and the reason why we haven't seen much Zerg? They haven't even started making the units properly yet...
Really? I remember hearing that the game was pretty much playable in skirmish mode. Guess I heard wrong.
Old 2007-07-21, 12:32   Link #495
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsheit View Post
Really? I remember hearing that the game was pretty much playable in skirmish mode. Guess I heard wrong.
It is pretty much playable... with Protoss and Terran. Zerg's a bit hard to work on.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-21, 13:32   Link #496
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

I think they are just getting the design done that's all. They must of have the zerg basics done, execpt they are using a color cube on the screen to represent the unit while they are in the alpha
Old 2007-07-22, 09:38   Link #497
Child_of_Sierra

Mission maps and storyline (how new units are introduced in each mission and the player's tech tree progresses) are all probably set and won't change much regardless of any future tweaking in stats.
Old 2007-07-22, 11:58   Link #498
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by [DOT].L View Post
Even worse, if the opponent is strategic about the usage of this ability, he could cloak his Ghosts, bypass your defenses, order a drop on your resource fields, and "poof," there goes your economy.
If the defense is so poor then wouldn't doing it normally be more efficient.
Either way just be smart and place some mines. Then, you would have no more (easy) drops and ghost attacks become completely useless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dodgethis_sg View Post
Spoiler:
What's this one called, Sitting Duck.
I'm somehow imaging that a terran someone can just move their base in the face of such a thing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
I hope they also have some sort of of SCV upgrade, so it can carry the double amount of minerals per turn... after all the ressources have to come in first, before they can be spent on something.
What do you mean, there's already one in the game.
Haven't been using it until now?!

It's called: break the Space construction of vehicle button.
It costs you time, effort supply and a relative amount of mineral.

What you're asking is for a trump-card upgrade. Such things are best left to shity games/anime et cetera as they degrade the gameplay dynamics.

Quote:

Mass BC? ...2-3 Dark Archons, 1s battle my friend
Mass Carriers? ...a few corsairs/valkeries + basic air + (almost any) mage. There are so many spell combinations that you have to wonder why their even in the game. From emp, storm, <zerg-blood-thing> et cetera et cetera. It's hard to use them too. The basic strategy is hit a lil', run a lil', hit again.

Waste of time and effort.
Honestly such strategies are like the Think-U-n00b-Too button/upgrade. Get it right and you might receive the boring-victory screen. Get it wrong and you receive a healthy dose of electroshock therapy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gummybear View Post
I think they are just getting the design done that's all. They must of have the zerg basics done, execpt they are using a color cube on the screen to represent the unit while they are in the alpha
See the WInvitational videos for some multi-cornered multi coloured unit/building zerg boxes

--------------------------
From a screen posted earlier of that Thor unit in action it would appear the camera angle is still major w3 bull. Dammit there better at least be some more level of control at least, who gives a damn about pretty textures if you can only see the unit's ugly side.
Old 2007-07-22, 12:19   Link #499
gummybear
MUDKIP MUD!

Cats, you lost me after the first 2 lines. That is all I will say in order to not start a flame war.
Old 2007-07-22, 22:10   Link #500
Demongod86

Cats, I think someone mentioned that huge thing will be buildable by an SCV. And we thought human tower rushes in war3 were bad...now in the middle of getting besieged by those wtfimba siege tanks, now terrans are building THORS right in the middle of battle.

Though I assume they'll be dishing out large amounts of one-shot damage, meaning immortals >> anything terran that isn't infantry ^_^.

I'm gonna be a happy protoss player indeed. The only thing that would make me happier now is a demon hunter.

Tags
blizzard, starcraft, windows