Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2024-03-07, 20:08   Link #1341
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
They messed up the upscaling in performance mode so everything looks blurry. It does run at 60fps most of the time, but it looks really bad.

Not sure what the resolution of the graphics mode is but it's pretty crisp and runs at a steady 30fps. I got used to the 30fps after a few hours. Makes me wish I hadn't been stubborn and done the same with FFXVI.
Interesting.

I'd like to think I won't mind the lower fps when I eventually get this... probably like a full year at least from now. lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-07, 22:11   Link #1342
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Pierrot View Post
The ending touches
Spoiler for what the:
Spoiler for endings:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 06:35   Link #1343
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

I see. This scene was quite important for the original game
Spoiler for ending:
Old 2024-03-08, 09:21   Link #1344
Twi

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:

But

Spoiler:
Old 2024-03-08, 11:49   Link #1345
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
But

Spoiler:
The fastest answer I can come up is.
Spoiler for what if?:
Kinda like Steins Gate. It looks to me the staff is well aware how important is an event when they made reescreenings of Advent Children Complete around the same date Rebirth comes out. Regarding the final game, Square already confirmed it's mostly made because it is benefitted from Rebirth's open world. Wonder if they the final game will keep expanding the Compilation timeline like finally giving us Fusion Swords
Old 2024-03-08, 17:59   Link #1346
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
But

Spoiler:
Reminder that the one violating rules here is Sephiroth, not Cloud.
Cloud and his party are still moving in same direction as OG but with various deviation due to Sephiroth direct interference, instead of sit, waiting on Northern Cavern.
The way Sephiroth presented himself in Rebirth is like saying to Cloud,

Spoiler for :

I kind of already get the gist of it after Sephiroth explanation.
Cloud attitude in Rebirth will explain his mental state in Advent Children, so do with Yuffie, Vincent and Cait Sith that will explain their dynamics in Dirge.
Its not pure remaster because Kitase, Nomura and Nojima agreed that this FF VII should be FF VII that "conclude" FF VII, by means of including all appends such as Crisis Core, Dirge, Ever Crisis, Way to Smile, etc.

Love how some people jokingly said Sephiroth learned a lot from Dissidia and Kingdom Hearts, which somehow fitting given he's one of several FF characters that able to guard his memories from manipulation and erasure.

Last edited by Tactics; 2024-03-08 at 22:04.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-08, 19:28   Link #1347
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Use spoiler tags, geez. This is a 100 hours game that's only been been out a week.
Old 2024-03-09, 01:36   Link #1348
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Its what happened when you overwhelmed by mini-games tutorial, happy to found cameo in progress and wanted to understand where's the game going

Once I got explanation I wanted, I took rest and look back.

Old 2024-03-11, 18:33   Link #1349
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

After 40+ hours, I have to say the game has completely exceeded my absurdly high expectations. I still don't like the fact World Intels are the same in every Region (only protorelic mini-games change), variety would have been nice. That said, this is offset by the sheer scale of the game, the art direction, and the level design. Each region feels good to explore and has its own gimmicks. And there is a real sense of wonder seeing all those legendary areas from the original remade with modern graphics. No other remake has made me feel as strongly about that, and I'm not even an old FFVII fan (I first played it after Advent Children was released, had only played VIII onward until then). There is just such a massive gap. This is the first time a Final Fantasy title has managed to successfully create an open world since the PSX era. XII got close but still didn't have stuff like vehicles.

The gap doesn't only apply to graphics either. The narrative has also been improved a lot. Characters like Tifa are also fleshed out a lot more. I'm also liking the deviations from the original timeline

Spoiler for chapter 9:

Made me even more curious to see how the rest of the game will play out. But I'm still taking my time.

I'm impressed they managed to complete this game in only 4 years. I know they had assets from Remake, but they only account for a relatively small percentage of Rebirth. Makes me pretty hopeful we won't have to wait too long for the final game, since there's a ton of assets there'll be able to re-use. I doubt they're going to do something risky like changing engines.
Old 2024-03-12, 06:34   Link #1350
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
After 40+ hours, I have to say the game has completely exceeded my absurdly high expectations. I still don't like the fact World Intels are the same in every Region (only protorelic mini-games change), variety would have been nice. That said, this is offset by the sheer scale of the game, the art direction, and the level design. Each region feels good to explore and has its own gimmicks. And there is a real sense of wonder seeing all those legendary areas from the original remade with modern graphics. No other remake has made me feel as strongly about that, and I'm not even an old FFVII fan (I first played it after Advent Children was released, had only played VIII onward until then). There is just such a massive gap. This is the first time a Final Fantasy title has managed to successfully create an open world since the PSX era. XII got close but still didn't have stuff like vehicles.

The gap doesn't only apply to graphics either. The narrative has also been improved a lot. Characters like Tifa are also fleshed out a lot more. I'm also liking the deviations from the original timeline

Spoiler for chapter 9:

Made me even more curious to see how the rest of the game will play out. But I'm still taking my time.

I'm impressed they managed to complete this game in only 4 years. I know they had assets from Remake, but they only account for a relatively small percentage of Rebirth. Makes me pretty hopeful we won't have to wait too long for the final game, since there's a ton of assets there'll be able to re-use. I doubt they're going to do something risky like changing engines.
I heard this is why they made it PS5 exclusive. Guess the hardware is pretty good or something. Then again, I can see steam port coming. Still, yeah it's surprising how they developed the world. Like a Dragon tends to recycle stuff from previous games like Kamurocho or nearby areas.
Old 2024-03-12, 07:26   Link #1351
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well the game's sense of scale is pretty ridiculous, and you really see that for the first time when you gaze on the enormity of Junon with the realization that it's all more or less continuous in real time.

Because of that the game can chug at many points in the game even on 30fps fidelity, but understandable. No way in hell will a PS4 handle this unless you want another CP2077 on previous gen travesty.

I imagine the PC version will likely require an SSD to run as well.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-12, 13:24   Link #1352
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Before they develop assets, they have to figure out a framework and workflow, which is what they figured out during Remake. Even if the majority of the characters and environments are new, they still get to reuse the engine, and systems like the UI, physics, combat, and rendering can be tweaked from Remake instead of needing to be made from scratch.

Often times the most time consuming part is the team figuring out how they're going to do it. Remember how much time was wasted on Versus 13?
Old 2024-03-12, 13:29   Link #1353
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Before they develop assets, they have to figure out a framework and workflow, which is what they figured out during Remake.

Often times the most time consuming part is the team figuring out how they're going to do it. Remember how much time was wasted on Versus 13?
They stated the third game's development is at the same point Rebirth was when Remake came out. So they're on track.
Old 2024-03-12, 13:34   Link #1354
Shadow5YA

Quote:
They stated the third game's development is at the same point Rebirth was when Remake came out. So they're on track.
I know, that's my point. Even if the assets are new, their workflow and systems are not.
Old 2024-03-12, 22:40   Link #1355
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

The problem with Versus XIII was that they're too ambitious believing the game can be done when Luminous Engine and Crystal Tools were half-baked.
Motomu Toriyama mentioned in XIII Ultimania that during PS3 era they're dealing with engine limitations and acceptable game file size, so XIII series was not main story and sequels but one story forcefully split into three due to said limitation; SE is not into waiting thus they also big supporter of PS4 and PS5 release.

Unfortunately problem continues to XV, costs and time from both using and developing their own engines still big they effectively canceled Lunafreya and Aranea DLC.
VII-R are using Unreal Engine 4 and have dedicated team; XVI was developed by XIV Team A, both unlike XV that shared teams with KH to ensure they can release KH III on time.

On the other hand ...

Spoiler for Finally reach the ending:
Old 2024-03-13, 06:55   Link #1356
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Cloud had notable mental problems in the original with flashes of light happening whenever he hears a voice. I guess in this case they made it more obvious to the point the character tells Tifa the apparent cause behind this.
Spoiler for problem:
Old 2024-03-17, 12:21   Link #1357
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Spoiler for chapter 10:
Old 2024-03-19, 08:10   Link #1358
Homura7

If you kept track of the ending songs for both games you can figure yourselves out what the title for the final release will be.

Spoiler for spoiler:

Afterall,

Spoiler for spoil:

And on that note,

Spoiler for spoiler:
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 08:19   Link #1359
Homura7

Quote:
Spoiler for ending:
TL;DR…
spoiler
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Homura7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2024-03-19, 08:22   Link #1360
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homura7 View Post
TL;DR…
spoiler
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Is it? Rebirth seems to emphasize more the theory of a multiverse rather than a sequel.

Tags
final fantasy, mako energy, rpg