AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-05-11, 14:56   Link #1021
ImperialFlameGod8190

Spoiler for Episode 7:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 14:57   Link #1022
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
Spoiler for Episode 7:
Mmmm, I wouldn't say it was awkward, but I do agree that a bit of the "oomph" was taken out of it, mainly due to the lower-tier animation used this episode. (which the preview shows they're saving up for next episode)
Old 2013-05-11, 17:03   Link #1023
Mystic_Vegetto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
No light novel material here. Period. Even in spoiler tag. So you better get rid of it fast before a mod does it for you.

There's a separate light novel thread if you want to discuss spoilers like that.
Thanks for the heads up. Edited it out. As for the episode, I did notice the drop in animation quality, but I don't mind since the ep felt like it was more of a setup for the next episode. Was anyone surprised by Kurumi's voice though? I figured she would have some kind of a "shy" type of voice or something, but her voice sounds more...uh, I guess "Ojou"? Not sure how to describe it.................but it just makes her 10x more hotter than I originally thought of her.
Mystic_Vegetto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-11, 17:20   Link #1024
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I was expecting her voice to be a higher tone, didn't expect it to be that deep.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:37   Link #1025
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Well, I did expect her voice to be like that.

.............because I watched the full trailer for the PS3 game which has some dialogue bytes of her.

But not only do I think her voice fits her perfectly (all the more because it sounds like an ojou-sama voice which goes with the form of speech she uses), but I agree it makes her 10x times hotter.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:38   Link #1026
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

I think she was speaking a little too slowly. I wished she would speak at a speed closer to how everyone else talked.
Old 2013-05-11, 17:45   Link #1027
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

That's the traditional Japanese ojou-sama way of talking; deep, slow voice using formal form of speech.
Old 2013-05-11, 20:36   Link #1028
joshuafaramir
Book Elitist

Yoshino!! \(`3')/
Old 2013-05-11, 21:34   Link #1029
Polarpew
Bash'a no falor talah

Send a message via AIM to Polarpew
lol Yoshino's crying face xDDDDD
Old 2013-05-12, 04:42   Link #1030
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

fanservice episode... or just... I don't know what I'm watching... lol

lack of Kotori... need more... xD

hopefully they will do better job in next episode
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 09:17   Link #1031
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Old 2013-05-12, 11:03   Link #1032
ImperialFlameGod8190

episode 7 is subbed
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 11:09   Link #1033
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Old 2013-05-12, 13:55   Link #1034
VTHokiePride

Besides the introduction of Mana and Kurumi, I didn't see much in this episode besides the fanservice. Only 5 left.
Old 2013-05-12, 16:37   Link #1035
Shinhwa
Banned

Spoiler for EP7:
Shinhwa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-12, 16:53   Link #1036
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Being a non LN anime watcher, I sort of got my fancy with episode 1 (admittedly due to Tsunako's excellent design) and subsequently read a bit vol1.

So far, I can't say the anime is doing a good job with the adaptation. Perhaps it is me, but from an anime only viewer, the pacing of the series is quite messed up, with little to no transitions between the scenes, leaving a rather poor impact regarding the gag or the tension build up.
But after reading the LN, I can't help but think the adaptation is playing the "gag" approach way too much, which leave to some rather awkward comedy portions (yeah sure, date land and so forth are over the top to begin with, but adding even more stuff of that kind make it more like of a bad slapstick impression than anything).
I sure felt Tohka a bit more on the "idiot" side with her glutton moments in the anime for instance.

But surely episode 6 takes the cake, by enhancing the filler impression. It isn't even used as an excuse for fanservice, which leave you with quite... dry jokes left and right.

Thus far, the anime manage to sort of patch through exactly because the anime isn't taking itself seriously, but it will feel weird when Kurumi will show up.
I guess I should catch up the LN in the future.
Old 2013-05-12, 16:57   Link #1037
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

They can't fit everything from the novels into the anime. If they did each arc would take five episodes. And each episode would feel extremely slow. The anime staff is doing a decent job with what they have under the extremely tight constraints they have.
Old 2013-05-12, 17:10   Link #1038
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Actually, I'm fine with what they cut so far, and I don't think there were that much "critical character portions" missing (although Yoshino's case is sort of a pity here).
I'm more or less not too happy with the directing as a whole and the gag approach.

Instead of the content, the shape/form of it is a bit flanderized. And I frankly could tell that before reading the first volume.
Old 2013-05-12, 17:11   Link #1039
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinova View Post
They can't fit everything from the novels into the anime. If they did each arc would take five episodes. And each episode would feel extremely slow. The anime staff is doing a decent job with what they have under the extremely tight constraints they have.
Well its true you'll never find a series where they'll faithfully adapt the source material (Budget constraints) I pretty much don't agree that they're doing a good job. First off the made filler episode for no specific reason whatsoever. You usually have those for a OVA or a special. Secondly they've been rushing the story pretty quickly raising a lot of questions in the process. At episode 7 the anime is already half way through book 3. What are they going to do for the remaining 5 episodes? From what they're advertising they're only using 4 novels. I don't think they'll be spending time to slowly animate book 4. What we'll probably get is more nonsense fillers and a unique anime ending.

If they where going to rush they should've either made it ten eps or adapted novel 5 as well. They should've of focused more on developing the earlier characters interactions because two episodes or a episode and half for one spirit interaction is pretty short. It seems a lot of people think this is a The God Only World Knows clone. Which it pretty much isn't. Kurumi should've of been saved for the later half the story. She would've of made a better last boss. What we'll get in the end is probably going to be something this series didn't deserve.
Old 2013-05-12, 17:26   Link #1040
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinhwa View Post
Spoiler for EP7:
I don't think it was animated that bad. It wasn't supposed to be a super-charged scene in the first place. If they had pumped any more budget into that scene when its point was already made irrefutably clear, I would have actually been disappointed. Because they're clearly saving the budget for episode 8 and probably for stuff after that, where the budget should go.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drkz View Post
Well its true you'll never find a series where they'll faithfully adapt the source material (Budget constraints) I pretty much don't agree that they're doing a good job. First off the made filler episode for no specific reason whatsoever. You usually have those for a OVA or a special. Secondly they've been rushing the story pretty quickly raising a lot of questions in the process. At episode 7 the anime is already half way through book 3. What are they going to do for the remaining 5 episodes? From what they're advertising they're only using 4 novels. I don't think they'll be spending time to slowly animate book 4. What we'll probably get is more nonsense fillers and a unique anime ending.

If they where going to rush they should've either made it ten eps or adapted novel 5 as well. They should've of focused more on developing the earlier characters interactions because two episodes or a episode and half for one spirit interaction is pretty short. It seems a lot of people think this is a The God Only World Knows clone. Which it pretty much isn't. Kurumi should've of been saved for the later half the story. She would've of made a better last boss. What we'll get in the end is probably going to be something this series didn't deserve.
I think people are getting too disappointed by the filler-ness of episode 6 and getting too carried away with trainwreck predictions because of it.

Let's wait a bit more and actually see how things turn out.

Tags
action, comedy, harem, romance, sci-fi, tsundere