AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-07-18, 03:52   Link #341
Sides

Sega's love for dumen means...
requirement for defensive units have been lowered so much, that you don't even need to put def stats into your mag to equip the best units.. So yeah if you did put some def stat onto your mag, it just become useless and you have wasted points that you could have used to up your attack stats, to equip the best weapons, those have not been lowered.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 11:15   Link #342
Xacual

I'm trying to figure out how to build my dewman's mag. Do I go full dex and take advantage of the braver mag skill to turn that into about 85 s-atk and r-atk. Or do I give up on that and build some dex and s-atk or r-atk. I really don't know. I really don't want to try to build a 175 dex mag though, that would take forever. It was bad enough going for 115 S-atk on my other character's mag.

Though I did get my dewman braver up to 22. Hunter is at 16 ready to be subbed if I could just find some Gilnas to unlock sub classes. Desert was being unkind so I went and unlocked Tunnels.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-18, 11:21   Link #343
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Braver Mag skill is worthless: high level weapons actually use S ATK and R ATK.
The other issue is that dexterity by itself doesn't grant any damage whatsoever on your Katakana or Bullet Bow either.

Considering how it goes with Braver Class, I think it is wiser to go with 2 mags and 2 skill set: 1 pure S atk with Katana tree maxed, and 1 pure R atk with a Bullet Bow tree.
That being said, considering Rapid Shoot, you'd rather max stances instead of RS skills for the bow.
Old 2013-07-18, 12:50   Link #344
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
Braver Mag skill is worthless: high level weapons actually use S ATK and R ATK.
The other issue is that dexterity by itself doesn't grant any damage whatsoever on your Katakana or Bullet Bow either.

Considering how it goes with Braver Class, I think it is wiser to go with 2 mags and 2 skill set: 1 pure S atk with Katana tree maxed, and 1 pure R atk with a Bullet Bow tree.
That being said, considering Rapid Shoot, you'd rather max stances instead of RS skills for the bow.
You definitely want some Dex on your mag though. Also a dewman braver with 175 dex mag and the braver mag skill would be able to equip every weapon in the game that requires r-atk or s-atk since that would be 87.5 to both those stats. I mean on my caseal I have 115 s-atk on mag and I'm like 100 s-atk over on equipping even the very highest requirements. Of course when you factor in Hunter and Fighter S-atk skills that my braver won't have that's still lower, but dewman have higher base s-atk than casts so that will make up for a bit of it.

So yes 175 dex and the mag skill might not be the best, but I'm keeping an open mind about it. After all, there's barely any braver weapons in game yet, whose to say what the requirements for the AQ stone weapons will be or future 11*.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Old 2013-07-19, 00:43   Link #345
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
So yes 175 dex and the mag skill might not be the best, but I'm keeping an open mind about it. After all, there's barely any braver weapons in game yet, whose to say what the requirements for the AQ stone weapons will be or future 11*.
Pretty much this. Until requirements for all current braver weapons are know, be careful with leveling your mag, unless you go for pure attack mags.
We might get another extra 5SP COs soon, so if you are managed to max out one stance and weapon specialty, those extra 5 points could be spend on braver mag, just reverse cover aso.
But currently you should focus on attack output, because killing things faster gives you better rewards, like increase of PSE effects levels(->PSE burst), which affects the element attribute and affixes/slots on the weapon/unit drops

Last edited by Sides; 2013-08-01 at 05:21.
Old 2013-07-31, 10:09   Link #346
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Looks like it's all day every day Falz day again. All you can Falz!
Old 2013-07-31, 12:40   Link #347
Xacual

Too bad I have Finals this week for my summer class so I won't be able to sit down and play until afternoon Friday. Going to miss like 7 or so Falz fights is painful for my poor leveling Dewearl.

Old 2013-07-31, 12:45   Link #348
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

It's either Falz, or Burning Hearts EQ for every hour. This is crazy, seriously.
Old 2013-08-01, 05:24   Link #349
Sides

Next few days is +100% boost on rare drop and rare monster encounter. So make use of it, for hunting PA discs and rares!
Remember you can also stack rare boosters, tri booster and your team tree boost. This is useful if you are doing XQ to get more stones.
Old 2013-08-01, 05:49   Link #350
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Any recommended rares for Force or Techters to hunt for?

I'm thinking of hoarding up on 10* Dobers from the Mines, for some weird reason.
Old 2013-08-01, 11:08   Link #351
Sides

Not sure, haze drops namegid disc, which is really powerful and can be sold for some decent amount of meseta. I don't really know, maybe that rabbit wand from the tundra XQ?
Old 2013-08-01, 11:37   Link #352
leadeater

Honestly, you can either get a Seitenweiss or Gram for cheap, both of which can be traded in for pretty decent force weapon. After that you can do the Ruins AQ and pray you get an Amaterasu.
leadeater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-01, 11:42   Link #353
Xacual

For me this weekend is all about leveling my new character finally to cap braver at least, hunter I'd like to get to 50-55 range hopefully. I'm 53BR/47HU so shouldn't be too bad. I'll farm crazy amounts of coast to try to get my hands on a Diez Liu because I know it's going to end up being a future coast AQ upgrade material. And maybe burn through my 44 XQ passes.

Oh on a different note, Sega is apparently changing the charge skills in Braver tree to actually work for Katana skills. I hope they give out a skill reset.

Old 2013-08-01, 12:07   Link #354
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

I'm actually hoping against hope that they come up with something like an upgrade for Tsukuyomi. I like it too much (and spent too much effort) for it to be this useless.
Old 2013-08-07, 05:51   Link #355
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Fire or Lightning; which would you guys prefer seeing a Force techspam with for maximum damage? I'm planning to make my Techter skill tree specialize in Light damage, but I'm still undecided between fire or lightning for my Force.
Old 2013-09-04, 03:38   Link #356
Xacual

So the new update tonight, do not run your launcher if you haven't already. There's some major issues with it at the moment and people are experiencing the updater basically deleting half their drives if the certain circumstances apply.

Old 2013-09-04, 04:41   Link #357
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Wow... that's pretty insane.

I decided to pick up this game the other day. Overall it's been fun, though it's kinda sad that there's a lot of untranslated dialogue yet - still, I really do appreciate that people took the effort to translate so much already.
I also expected to lag like a bastard, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there's little latency during quests, allowing me to time my dodges and/or blocks.
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-04, 05:00   Link #358
Xacual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Faith View Post
Wow... that's pretty insane.

I decided to pick up this game the other day. Overall it's been fun, though it's kinda sad that there's a lot of untranslated dialogue yet - still, I really do appreciate that people took the effort to translate so much already.
I also expected to lag like a bastard, so I was pleasantly surprised to learn that there's little latency during quests, allowing me to time my dodges and/or blocks.
It's because dodging things is based on what your client sees. People with way better latency and stuff are probably seeing attacks go through you and you dodging like a second or two late.

Also like I said before it was pretty specific circumstances like not installing to the default folder seems to be the main one though. Actually an amusing thing that some jp players are finding deleted is their FFXIV installs.

Old 2013-09-04, 09:16   Link #359
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
It's because dodging things is based on what your client sees. People with way better latency and stuff are probably seeing attacks go through you and you dodging like a second or two late.
Pretty much this, you do see people hitting invisible stuff occasionally. Normally if you are lagging you will not notice anything yourself, it is the others that will get affected, like warping enemies aso.

Latest update was a joke. I had both precedes downloaded and now it is downloading all the data again, because the launcher deleted them...
Honestly, if they are so bothered about leaks form dataminers, just get rid of the pre-downloading updates in general. It is waste of bandwidth and everyone's time.
Old 2013-09-04, 10:38   Link #360
Dark Faith
Often Disappointed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Pretty much this, you do see people hitting invisible stuff occasionally. Normally if you are lagging you will not notice anything yourself, it is the others that will get affected, like warping enemies aso.
Suits me just fine, as I tend to play alone. If anything, it makes me more reluctant to party with the "natives", as their gameplay experience will suffer from having me aboard..
Dark Faith is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pc-windows