Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2012-07-07, 07:26   Link #221
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snouman88 View Post
If you are an anime addict, I challenge you to live few weeks witout anime. You will have much more freetime and you can do "different" things. Tell about your experiences.
It's a hobby that I like doing.

If ever I'm going to stop it for awhile, there has to be an important reason.
Challenge refused.

Last edited by Liddo-kun; 2012-07-07 at 09:54.
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-07, 07:29   Link #222
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snouman88 View Post

If you are an anime addict, I challenge you to live few weeks witout anime. You will have much more freetime and you can do "different" things. Tell about your experiences.
I could simply draw a cute girl in a scratch paper then watch it.... kawaiii,,,

NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 12:40   Link #223
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
I can actually go several weeks without anime....if we're talking watching full-length episodes.

Going without manga=trickier

Going without Internet=harsh

Going without my computer=NEAR DAMN IMPOSSIBLE.

Going without drawing=................don't even JOKE about that. ._____.

Also, I'm a relatively new driver. I cannot drive without anime music in my CD player. I NEED it. If I don't play it, I get nervous and screw up my driving. TRUE STORY.

Now that the new season of anime has begun, I'm going to be watching new episodes weekly and I already started two new shows. I hate getting behind when everyone else is like "OMG DID YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENED ON BLAHBLAHBLAH"
So for now: challenge refused XD
Old 2012-07-09, 13:02   Link #224
Akito Kinomoto
Sekiroad-Idols Sing Twice

Send a message via AIM to Akito Kinomoto
I can go without anime.

There's always manga and light novels. C:
GANBARIMASU
Akito Kinomoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 15:02   Link #225
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiibi View Post
i can actually go several weeks without anime....if we're talking watching full-length episodes.

Going without manga=trickier

going without internet=harsh

going without my computer=near damn impossible.

going without drawing=................don't even joke about that. ._____.

Also, i'm a relatively new driver. I cannot drive without anime music in my cd player. i need it. If i don't play it, i get nervous and screw up my driving. True story.

Now that the new season of anime has begun, i'm going to be watching new episodes weekly and i already started two new shows. I hate getting behind when everyone else is like "omg did you see what happened on blahblahblah"
so for now: challenge refused xd
Dang near impossible T_T But not impossible in the future~

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-07-09 at 15:42.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-09, 15:42   Link #226
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akito_Kinomoto View Post
I can go without anime.
Same here. But, I have quite a bit of a backlog, of which computer time was used to acquire them. It'd be a waste not to watch 'em.

Besides, I have plenty of other things to preoccupy myself anyways.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-14, 13:30   Link #227
ChainLegacy
廉頗

Sure, I've taken this 'challenge' many times and passed. If you tried to get me to do it 5-6 years ago, I'd have much more trouble. Now, I can go months without watching anime. I'm more likely to post on this forum than to actually watch anime nowadays (though I still watch some).
ChainLegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-07-18, 11:44   Link #228
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

Unhappy I accepted the challenge but failed....

I am an addict to many other things but animes is my #1 addiction. If i run out of animes, i desperately need a new one.

I have tried your challenge but didn't succeed after two days. I was watching tv but nothing interesting was on. I tried video games but it wasn't working (talk about bad luck). Reading helped but when i was done....i had nothing else to do (i'm a fast reader). Therefore, in the ending, i resorted to animes. Sigh....that's the life of an Anime Addict. I'm sure many others would agree.
Midnight2352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-08-28, 18:28   Link #229
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Anime is a hobby, much as drawing and reading is. When the times get busy and the work piles on, my hobbies take a back seat. This is partially why I am so bad with anime: I remember picking up a series two years ago and only finishing it this May.
Infinite Zenith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-06, 04:53   Link #230
Echoes

Just came back from about a 5 week break from anime-watching, so hey, mission accomplished I guess.

Anime is easily my most treasured hobby, though. Sometimes life just takes precedence.
Old 2012-09-07, 07:28   Link #231
gsilver

I like anime, but I'm addicted to the internet. Specifically, forums... I'm feeding into my addiction right now.

...I don't know how I'd go without the internet.

If anything, I should be watching more anime... I don't watch much these days.
Old 2012-09-09, 08:29   Link #232
winterbaby
вelιnda

I tried going a month without anime. It was a good thing I was on summer vacation or else I wouldn't be able to survive. But now that school starts I think I can go a week without anime, but its the first weekend and I was watch anime until 1 in the morning.
Old 2012-09-09, 09:15   Link #233
Midnight2352
Midnight
*Author

The electricity was out which means....NO ANIME! I went couldn't go one whole day without anime. Let me tell you, it was terrifying! I couldn't resist the urge to watch animes. I would have watched tv but no electricity means no tv or other electronic stuff. I read a book by the time. I love to read books but i love anime more but i still read a book as a substitute for animes. After about 2 hours, the electricity came back on. I ran to my room, slammed the door shut, opened laptop and watched my anime feeling relieved. Atleast I lasted for 2 hours. I'm a true anime addict.
Old 2012-09-09, 09:25   Link #234
Westlo
Lets be reality

I think Sword Art Online 1-10 which I watched over the last couple of days is the only anime I've seen in the last 6-7 weeks, it's not hard.
Westlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-10, 00:46   Link #235
cardcaptorkitty
Clow Card Master

I've gone through periods where I haven't watched anything for a month or so. That isn't to say I wasn't reading manga at the time instead, but I have gone without it for a while. I'll watch American cartoons or movies or TV shows. Usually I'll then start to think about anime and how much I miss it, so then I'll jump right back in.

A reason? Either school and work has gotten me too bogged down to really enjoy and watch things or I just crave something different for a while. Keeping things fresh and all that.

Now, if you were to get more challenging and ask, "What would your life be like completely without anime?" that would be scary. To be honest, I think I would be a completely different person. Anime has taught me life lessons, inspired an interest in art, writing, and Japanese, and right now my room is filled with it. I really can't imagine what my life would be like without anime and sometimes that scares me, but as long as I'm having fun, I don't think it really matters.