AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-18, 12:48   Link #21
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

^^ Well, because Hinata is the polar opposite of Naegi whom I like, I hate him.

There's more to it though, the reason why I dislike him.

Togami may be a jerk, but I can't see someone like Hinata to be any better. In fact I got pissed of hearing comment about other people from the like of him.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 17:48   Link #22
marvelB

^In all honesty though, I actually prefer Naegi to Hinata myself, so at least you're not alone in that regard (I just find him to have a certain charm that Hinata lacks, I guess). But I personally do feel that the latter being almost the opposite of Naegi still makes him an interesting character, though.

Anyways, new update. Shameless fanservice ahoy!

Spoiler for chap 1:
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-23, 18:56   Link #23
marvelB

Just a quick warning: There's a manga based on SDR2 floating around right now, and the first page flat-out spoils the identity of the first victim. So.... yeah, avoid it like the plague if you don't wanna be spoiled.....
Old 2013-01-24, 13:26   Link #24
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Just a quick warning: There's a manga based on SDR2 floating around right now, and the first page flat-out spoils the identity of the first victim. So.... yeah, avoid it like the plague if you don't wanna be spoiled.....
I just read the doujin of Dangan Ronpa 2 with Kamoeda as the lead.

The doujin is bias as hell. Hinata looks like an average normal student in that doujin, not the cynical, doubtful and negative as he really is.
Old 2013-01-24, 18:40   Link #25
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
The doujin is bias as hell. Hinata looks like an average normal student in that doujin, not the cynical, doubtful and negative as he really is.

But weren't you just complaining a few posts back about that same cynical Hinata? Or are you actually saying that you prefer that one to the more vanilla interpretation of him in that manga?

Anyway, what a coincidence that Zero was just mentioned, because there was an update to that today:

Spoiler for Zero:
Old 2013-01-25, 11:17   Link #26
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I don't like Hinata and I don't wanna see him being portrayed like a good, easy-going type which is not his true face.
Old 2013-02-06, 01:33   Link #27
marvelB

^Well, thanks for your input nonetheless. And yeah, the DR2 translation is still at the first chapter (hasn't even reached the first murder yet). BTW, I recall the little DR2 conversation we had earlier this thread, and I think it's interesting to point out a little something (yep, slight plot spoilers ahead):

Spoiler for DR2:
Old 2013-02-06, 02:54   Link #28
Shadow5YA

Well... there is actually a reason why Hinata isn't as friendly as Naegi. It has to do with Hinata's (and the rest of the DR2 cast's) lost memories. Unlike Naegi who had a relatively normal past, it's only natural that what happened to Hinata in the past would influence his disposition, even without his memories intact.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 06:35   Link #29
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Lol...speaking of "friendliness" of the DR2 cast... It's more like Hinata has the only normal reception. And Togami and Komaeda perhaps

Spoiler:
Old 2013-02-06, 15:32   Link #30
marvelB

^I wouldn't really call Togami friendly, though. I mean, improved personality or not, he's still as much a pompous asshole as he was in the original.

Though as far as normality goes, I'd say that Koizumi is the most "normal" of the cast after Hinata (apparent feminism aside, anyway). I mean, she even points out herself that most of the people on that island are freaks, doesn't she? And I also kinda liked how she put her foot down after Kuzuryuu's provocations.....
Old 2013-02-06, 15:41   Link #31
Shadow5YA

Quote:
^I wouldn't really call Togami friendly, though. I mean, improved personality or not, he's still as much a pompous asshole as he was in the original.
Huh? About that fat Togami...

Spoiler for major DR2 ending spoilers:
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-06, 15:54   Link #32
marvelB

^Well the thing is, I'm kinda trying to avoid talking about major plot spoilers until the LP has reached those critical points (just like I did for the first game's). The translation is an experience for me as well since I originally played through those games "raw", y'see.
Old 2013-02-06, 18:03   Link #33
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:

Though as far as normality goes, I'd say that Koizumi is the most "normal" of the cast after Hinata (apparent feminism aside, anyway). I mean, she even points out herself that most of the people on that island are freaks, doesn't she? And I also kinda liked how she put her foot down after Kuzuryuu's provocations.....
No I mean DR2 Togami behaving normally...IE, DR2 Togami is still suspicious and not open to others and shit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Huh? About that fat Togami...

Spoiler for major DR2 ending spoilers:
Spoiler:
Old 2013-03-06, 16:00   Link #34
Kamion
うぷぷぷ・・・

Send a message via ICQ to Kamion Send a message via MSN to Kamion
I finally finished Super Dangan Ronpa 2 on Monday and all I can say is...
... wow. This game is so much better than the first game and the last trial just made me go "Wut" all around.

For people who played it, here comes a spoiler tag, because I just need to get this off my chest... Seriously, don't click this if you haven't played it.

Spoiler for SDR2 Ending Spoilers:

Phew. Feels good. The best part about the ending was the Spike Chunsoft logo though xD

Also to the "Favourite Character" thing. Without spoiling why I like them as much as I do, I can't decide between Komaeda, Nanami, Kuzuryuu, Mioda and Owari. This game was really great with its characters. Even more so than the first one. When I started it I was a bit sceptic, missing the old characters. But I'm a convert now . I really like Hinata, too. He's a far more competent lead than Naegi. Not that that is a hard thing.

Last edited by Kamion; 2013-03-06 at 16:22.
Kamion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 14:14   Link #35
marvelB

^Nice to get your impressions, but as I already said I'm waiting for the LP translation to be complete before I get into any full-blown endgame discussion. So.... I guess wait for about a year or so before my response to those spoilers?

Anyway, the paywall is unfortunately still up, but from what I learned from SA members, the updates have already nearly reached the first trial! Therefore, I think we'll have a fun time reading all the updates in one go once the block goes down.
Old 2013-03-11, 22:30   Link #36
marvelB

^And I just finished catching up to all the updates, too! And the best thing is that the block was lifted just as the first trial is about to begin!

Spoiler for DR2:
Old 2013-03-14, 18:04   Link #37
marvelB

First trial post is up!
Old 2013-03-20, 23:18   Link #38
ellifeedn
Thinker

Paywall is up. Again.
ellifeedn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-21, 01:42   Link #39
marvelB

Ho, hum..... not surprised. Just hope the wait will be a shorter one this time, is all.
Old 2013-03-28, 23:11   Link #40
marvelB

Paywall's lifted, guys! Better hurry and catch up to those trial updates before SA decides to be a dick again!