AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-08-28, 20:18   Link #9461
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Usually when the whole team choose one route and completely abandon the other, what should you guy do? Follow the bangwagon or trying to be a one man army? It happened 4 times yesterday, and I must say it's really frustrating die alone helplessly.
Old 2013-08-28, 20:34   Link #9462
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

I get this a lot in the T49 where the team simply don't bother to cover one entire side of the map leaving me to do it alone.

In some cases if its against a medium / light or two I can manage but more often than not its half the enemy team that comes barreling toward me =/

To add insult to injury on the occasions that one of two team mates come with me they would usually camp behind my position and wait until I died to THEN decide to move up past my corpse and die...

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 20:38   Link #9463
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Depends on the map and your tank. The unicums with mediums or fast TDs like the T49 would definitely say don't be a hero though -- go to the heaviest point of engagement, finish up quickly, then use your mobility to go shore up the other flank.

In a slow heavy? Hold the line and pray the OTHER flank doesn't collapse.
Old 2013-08-28, 20:40   Link #9464
Gravitas Free Zone

The biggest change with Swamp is slightly less swamp... and also it doesn't look like it was rendered in 1999. Serene Coast, from the one shot I had at it on the test server, is not nearly as dull now.

Being the only person covering a flank:

If the other team doesn't send anyone through, great.

If you're seeing a whole ravening horde coming in at you... if you are fast enough, you might as well fall back to a safer position and see if anyone tries to help you out. Staying there and dying might get you a moral victory over the turnips on your team, but doesn't help the win chance very much.

Now, if you're driving some sort of impenetrable bunker and there's no arty threat, maybe stay there and be a hero and fight off the whole side on your own... typically in that case you'd be too slow to retreat anyway.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-28, 20:46   Link #9465
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

While it does depend a lot on the map I'd often take the T49 to a side flank rather than follow the pack as its a great tank to flank with and can be a game changer if the other team is stupid enough to not bother defending the flank that well.

I'd usually always go to a flank thats left undefended no matter what tank I'm in as I figure the more time I can stall the enemy for the more likely the team is to break through and cap. That said I'd fall back if its possible and try and rope a few team mates to come back and help but thats a rarity =/

Old 2013-08-28, 20:53   Link #9466
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

i wanted dragon's ridge back tho, i loved that map.

yeah the rus big gun fetish isn't growin on me, and the fact that i'm mainly american faction, makes the accuracy sub-par compared to it... idk i might take up on big mac's idea and go rus turretless TD even tho i'm bad at turretless.
Old 2013-08-28, 21:05   Link #9467
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Dragon ridge was a great map to scout/TD on provided you can stay on the high ground, if not you where pretty much sunk.

Old 2013-08-28, 22:30   Link #9468
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

its the only map where arty had the worst time in while they were OP OP, which makes me sad to see it gone, after it got removed, they went to fix arty, the new map is unbalanced too, i've noticed the east side is better than the west side in terms of cover and shooting positions.

so i think i'll get the FV4202 tier 10 as my next goal. so i think i'll buy the crommie now.

Last edited by Kamijou_Touma; 2013-08-28 at 23:00.
Kamijou_Touma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 00:04   Link #9469
Gravitas Free Zone

Finished session with 9 wins and 10 losses, performance numbers all went green, had plenty more than 30 kills... but it's late and I'm ragey.

The really perverse part was that I only won one out of five games in the SU-85B, and in three of those losses I can pretty much directly blame the performance of a particular KV-1 and/or other heavy vehicle/higher-tier TD. Had an AFK KV-1 when it was high tier (and the game came down to a KV-1 versus our heavily-damaged scraps), a T14 that was barely better than a bot and ended up blowing up a teammate, in the same game a KV-1 that rammed our only SPG to death at the start, and a KV-1 and AT 2 platoon that tried to "rush" back to defend the base by driving straight across the middle of an open field (they got TOGged to death). Meanwhile, I'd get at least two or three higher-tier kills per game while I tried to make up for the deficiencies of others, and when I finally won a game I ended up not doing very much (though I did inflict some friendly-fire damage when I tried to shoot an SPG from halfway across the map and a tank wandered into the slowly-moving shell... at least it didn't explode).

So it goes. After all these games I'm probably somewhat jaded but still... irritable.

Highlight of the evening: 'MURICA!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

...though it's both the shooting and the shot. Almost outdamaged the Proto, but my one miss went into the dirt under the PTA's tracks.
Old 2013-08-29, 01:54   Link #9470
Blaat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
Also Blaat where have you been I havent plat'ed in agessss =d
These days I only play one or two games before calling it a day.
Old 2013-08-29, 06:36   Link #9471
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endless Knackwurst View Post

Now, if you're driving some sort of impenetrable bunker and there's no arty threat, maybe stay there and be a hero and fight off the whole side on your own... typically in that case you'd be too slow to retreat anyway.
This actually happened to me the other day. Everyone else on my side drove out into the open and died within the first 2 minutes, leaving me in my Churchill III the only one anywhere near the hill/cap on Murovanka encounter. Ridiculously enough, no less than 5 enemy tanks drove right up to me 1 by 1 and sat in the open shooting. And it took longer for a single allied tank to bother looking at his minimap and leave the forest than it took me to kill them all. Any time a team makes me look good is pathetic and here they BOTH did.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 08:22   Link #9472
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

I had a bad game today, the team I am in lose four times in a row!(Almost all of my team members sucked while some are fair players. I cant believe it!)(I`m not in a platoon).

It really pisses me off every time a team mine fires his/her gun randomly resulting 'accidental damage'(Which makes me think that player is trolling around. There`s a rumor based on that situation)

Pz II is a fun tank to use, since I get 2-3 kills in those matches(I`m saving credits for higher tier tanks). I hope next time, I wont get a team full of campers or noobs(Well they need to go to training room since one of my team mates did not shoot hostiles while trying to get cover. Map: Cliff)
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 12:02   Link #9473
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat View Post
These days I only play one or two games before calling it a day.
leaving me to suffer the wrath of randomers :[

We need to get out on the troll with the KV-1S before they nerf it.

Old 2013-08-29, 15:34   Link #9474
Sumeragi
Banned

Kuudere E-50 Ausf. M

FV215b (183) Onee-Chan

Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 15:57   Link #9475
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

damn afkers ruin games all the time, i had few games lately with high tier tanks being afk, the recent one is a T29 being afk.

i hate matches when i'm in a slow tank, then the round ends in 3 mins, was in the matilda and the match ended in 3 mins before i got to shoot or see an enemy in my LOS.

i find it a gamble when ur playing derp on the kv 1 and kv 2, you get tier 7 or 8 matches, then you the weakest link in the game... the gold rounds don't really help either since they bounce every time you try to land a hit.
Old 2013-08-29, 16:02   Link #9476
Gravitas Free Zone

Weekend event.

This is one of their more random mashups.

Also, it would have made a lot more sense to paint the TOG as a school bus.
Old 2013-08-29, 16:17   Link #9477
Kamijou_Touma
Imagine Breaker

The last seems like the best mission listed there.
Old 2013-08-29, 17:19   Link #9478
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Kuudere E-50 Ausf. M
I think thats a 128mm cup!

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-29, 18:04   Link #9479
NightbatŪ
Deadpan Snarker

Well, got myself reported for botting

Something about heavies camping the sanddunes north of sand river untill over half our team got wasted

by then I already told them if they weren't gonna move, I was gonna pull out
...so I did, went north and parked my ass untill the clock ran out
For the record, I did not pull out untill my HP was 1-shot away from gone, but I'll be damned if I become a spotter for heavy armor driving a slow moving, slow reloading, thin armor TD
Old 2013-08-29, 18:18   Link #9480
Gravitas Free Zone

If I'd bounced one more shot, I would have gotten Steel Wall. If someone had breathed on me wrong, I would have died...

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Or, when you find yourself trying to rush with a Matilda, make sure your backup doesn't get ganked...

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks