AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2009-03-19, 18:45   Link #81
Bane Rieko
Dreamer

Send a message via MSN to Bane Rieko
I was afraid of watching the Higurashi no Naku Koro ni dub for the longest time. I heard it one of the worst Geneon did.

But it actually was not that bad. It's decent when you get used to it, and creepy as hell now that you don't have to look at subtitles half the time anymore.

I was also afraid to watch Kodomo no Jikan for a LONG time. I thought it would be too much ero and lolicon for a girl like me to watch, given the hype. But that's when I realized that's all it was: hype. The anime is actually really cute when you don't mind loli (and the fact a woman wrote the original manga made it funnier to me).
Bane Rieko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 05:55   Link #82
Kafriel
Senior Guest

I was afraid of watching Higurashi of any version...turns out it's not THAT creepy though, the first 4 eps are what sets the mood.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 11:32   Link #83
Miki7
Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ The shoujo ♥

Send a message via MSN to Miki7
I'm sometimes afraid to watch some types of ecchi animes or mangas that are really strong...because my face becomes blue º_º an expample of it it's "Futari Ecchi" too explicit for me...I don't mind Onegai Teacher...that kind of ecchi I do accept
Miki7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 12:02   Link #84
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Afraid? Mh~
First I really didn't want to watch Higurashi because everyone was talking about it and the word creepy and brutal was mentioned over a nine thousand times. Because I tend to not like pointless brutal actions I stayed away from it and then I kinda saw the Onikakushi-hen manga and was totally fascinated.

Afraid....mh~ CARD CAPTOR SAKURA! Oh the horror!! Everything was so pink! Seriously...but I gave it a try and started to like a few characters (though I only read it after Tsubasa xD)

Afraid....mh~ Love Hina. I don't like ecchi that much but I heard it was funny (from girls) so I gave it a try.

oh! I'm afraid of Yaoi Manga... one wrong click and enjoy some digusting rapping. You see traumatic memories and to be honest it's just not my taste
Kitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-20, 13:38   Link #85
Echoes

Unfortunately, there are very few animes that are actually scary. I really wish they'd explore the horror genre more in this medium.
Old 2009-03-24, 13:46   Link #86
kyousukey

I heard chobits is a ery good anime yet theirs parts thatll scar me for life xD Ill end up watching it sooner or later anyways.
kyousukey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 21:48   Link #87
Lonestar9

Send a message via Yahoo to Lonestar9
Nah, not afraid to watch any kind of anime. I choose not to watch some kinds, like really gory types, because I tend not to enjoy that, but it's not out of fear.
Lonestar9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 22:11   Link #88
Pixelation
Dreamcatcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Echoes View Post
Unfortunately, there are very few animes that are actually scary. I really wish they'd explore the horror genre more in this medium.
I agree. Most anime labeled 'Horror' aren't really designed to scare or creep out the viewer. I'd like to see more anime that made use of the techniques used in movies to make people tense and jump from time to time. Extremely sudden attacks from unexpected directions, false scares, tricky lighting, eerie music, scenes that keep you riveted, and plots that keep you guessing ftw. =)

I dread watching quite a few anime DVDs that I bought on impulse...
Pixelation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-25, 22:28   Link #89
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
I was afraid of watching Higurashi of any version...turns out it's not THAT creepy though, the first 4 eps are what sets the mood.
This is what I wanted to say. I was afraid to watch Higurashi because it seemed scary and all these people were saying it was really scary.

It wasn't. Suspenseful, yes, but scary, no.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 04:09   Link #90
NorthernFallout
The Interstellar Medium
*Author

As above, Higurashi. Pretty strange actually since I like despair, torture and gore in my anime and Higurashi comes close to what I should really like, but somehow I couldn't get past the first arc...guess I have to give it another try as I know it's really good.

Oh, and I guess anything with horror. This extends to all fiction types.

NorthernFallout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 05:33   Link #91
Throne Invader
Protecting the Throne

Higurashi...

It's time to start letting her make her own decisions. - Mom's dermatologist~
Throne Invader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 06:00   Link #92
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

For me I haven't been afraid of watching any anime but I have really really really not wanted to watch the events unfolding before me. Grave of Fireflies was one and another huge one for me you guys have to help me out with the name because I forgot it. It's about a kid who sees a girl climbs a tower to see her, gets transported to a world at war, forced to be a child soldier, and many of the young girls in the series get raped... Wasn't pleasant to say the least. I think I watched the series simply to see if I could.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 07:06   Link #93
Solafighter
Hige

Well i have never been afraid. At least, shocked. For example "Elfenlied". Watched once and will never again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
For me I haven't been afraid of watching any anime but I have really really really not wanted to watch the events unfolding before me. Grave of Fireflies was one and another huge one for me you guys have to help me out with the name because I forgot it. It's about a kid who sees a girl climbs a tower to see her, gets transported to a world at war, forced to be a child soldier, and many of the young girls in the series get raped... Wasn't pleasant to say the least. I think I watched the series simply to see if I could.
I post it in the identification theard.
Old 2009-03-26, 08:54   Link #94
KimmyChan

I won't watch any kind of overly violent or gory anime, nor overly rude or obscene ones
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-26, 21:19   Link #95
raile
Retired Toaster
*Author

Yaoi anime scares me.
Old 2009-03-27, 04:57   Link #96
danin8r44
The King of the Insane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solafighter View Post
Well i have never been afraid. At least, shocked. For example "Elfenlied". Watched once and will never again.

I post it in the identification theard.
Ah, Now and Then Here and There, thanks for that Solafighter.
danin8r44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-27, 05:32   Link #97
Solafighter
Hige

Quote:
Originally Posted by danin8r44 View Post
Ah, Now and Then Here and There, thanks for that Solafighter.
I watched the first 5 episodes this night... huh thats kicking the crap out of me.

This series is for people in age of +18, isnt it? Or at least, it should be.
Old 2009-03-27, 05:54   Link #98
KimmyChan

Animes involving any kind of incest/rape and/or other forms of abuse (from drugs to sexual) scenes really disturb me aswell
KimmyChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-28, 05:21   Link #99
Nenkitsune

Send a message via AIM to Nenkitsune Send a message via Yahoo to Nenkitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Yeah, I won't watch Saikano after reading this: "A bit of advice upon finishing the series. Find the nearest ditch, crawl into it and die. It will just about be the only relief after experiencing the tragic greatness known as Saishuuheiki Kanojo."

I did see Hoshi no Koe... very sad...
But it's only 20 minutes long, so not too devastating.
Actually, here's the worst thing to do with Saikano

Watch the entire series, in one sitting

I was depressed to the point I was about to dig a hole, crawl in it, and bury myself.

for nearly a MONTH my friends thought that something horrible happened and that I was going to kill myself or something (they said I looked like a walking corpse at times)

that show made me cry so much, and ONCE there was a spot where I cried tears of joy, only to have that joy RIPPED from my heart, and CRUSHED over and over and over again. god I wished the show just ended on that episode....

if you want to make someone commit suicide, make them watch saikano, then hand them a gun.

もいちど。。。
Nenkitsune is offline   Reply With Quote