AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-10-03, 05:05   Link #41
MarthX

It never says George is overweight.

George thinks his looks are below average.

Shannon thinks his looks are about average, thinking he doesn't really stand out.

You can't go by the sprite because the sprites make nearly everyone look fat.
Old 2009-10-03, 07:31   Link #42
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

However Shannon said that it looks that Hideyoshi's genes are pretty thick on George, and that worried her that because of that George is prone to become fat. I don't think George is "fat", but if he wasn't at least "bulky" I really don't get what Shannon was referring to with that "gene" thing ^^;

Old 2009-10-03, 07:40   Link #43
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
maybe his face looked like Hideyoshi? i have no clue.
about Geroge, uhh, he still looks pretty ugly to me. i wouldn't think he's that high, but otherwise he's just like i imagined.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySovietStar View Post
Spoiler for to above:

Spoiler for only for these, who played Trials and Tribulations, AND FREAKIN ENDED LAST CASE:

Anyone thinks that Battler would looks better with more powerful body, or I'm the only one complaining? I mean, he don't look weak, but still, he was like warhammerish orc in these 6 years, aiming to be BIGGA AND STRONGA!
that whole post made me lol so much. XD someone should make 4koma with Godot vs. Beato *looks for her tablet*

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckySovietStar View Post
Also, in my country, there was a person whose name sounds pretty close to Battler's http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stephen...hory_of_Poland
i knew his name sounds familiar, but it made me think of Elizabeth Bathory instead. honestly, how did i get through my history class. i had no clue who this guy is before i read wiki
and when my friend saw a fanart of Battler he said he looks like a vampire... scary scary!
Old 2009-10-04, 22:28   Link #44
retracnosna

can't believe gimp from Pulp Fiction became a main charactter

was I actually supposed to still like him after the dog collar scene?
Old 2009-10-04, 23:38   Link #45
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
All I have to say is let me know ASAP when a Battler figure arrives 0_0 there better be one god damn it!
Old 2009-10-22, 19:12   Link #46
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazemaker View Post
Battler is meant to be really tall and midly strong..... at least his design adaptation wasnt as bad as george's.
George should be the overweighted smart and gentle cousin, shame on deen.
Never noticed the really tall thing in the anime, he just looks a bit above average. Ronove is the tall guy. Is he the tallest in the game, too?

But at least they did make him handsome--Battler, I mean. There was so much talk in the VN about how girls must adore him, and even Beatrice said something about pretty humans...well, he is, I'd say he's the most attractive male character in the whole anime. In the VN, he looks like a plump, freckled little boy.
Old 2009-10-22, 19:48   Link #47
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Unfortunately you can't tell the height of the people in the novel because they aren't shown in scale. I think we only know for sure Battler height 1.80 m. and we know Maria's weight 28 kg.

Old 2009-10-22, 20:49   Link #48
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Unfortunately you can't tell the height of the people in the novel because they aren't shown in scale. I think we only know for sure Battler height 1.80 m. and we know Maria's weight 28 kg.
George is also suppose to be 1.7m
Old 2009-10-22, 20:49   Link #49
Evy

Quote:
Also that George is about 10 centimeters shorter than Battler... hah, he's just a cm taller than me

Edit: Ohh, damn it, I was beaten to it. ;_;
Old 2009-10-23, 10:14   Link #50
Workworkwork

Quote:
Originally Posted by libba View Post
Never noticed the really tall thing in the anime, he just looks a bit above average. Ronove is the tall guy. Is he the tallest in the game, too?

But at least they did make him handsome--Battler, I mean. There was so much talk in the VN about how girls must adore him, and even Beatrice said something about pretty humans...well, he is, I'd say he's the most attractive male character in the whole anime. In the VN, he looks like a plump, freckled little boy.

Really? The anime version makes him look like a fish.
Old 2009-10-23, 12:50   Link #51
libba
nepenthes rajah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
George is also suppose to be 1.7m
They kind of look like they have the same height in the anime. Interesting.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
I think it's because they draw his eyes in a way that makes them look too wide-set.
I just happen to like it. Besides, he doesn't have much competition. Kanon is a pretty boy, but his clothes are more ridicilous than fantasy-inspiring. I think Mr. R. has a fetish for bulky headwear... Rena's hat anyone?
Old 2009-10-23, 12:56   Link #52
libba
nepenthes rajah

Also, poor Battler--people are only interested in his looks, despite three pages of discussion. I'll open a new angle of conversation saying that I'm glad to see a central character in a non-shounen anime who isn't a shy Japanese schoolboy with an inferiority complex. His volatile temper makes for an interesting viewing experience.
Old 2009-10-23, 13:39   Link #53
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
hey kind of look like they have the same height in the anime. Interesting.
In the anime it looks like Battler is only 1.70 m. or a little above that. In the novel he is also supposed to be have a fitter physique.

Old 2009-10-23, 13:42   Link #54
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
In the anime it looks like Battler is only 1.70 m. or a little above that. In the novel he is also supposed to be have a fitter physique.
Judging from what happend in Ep. 2, when he was being led, naked, with a leash, I'd say he has a fabulous body. Dude has some very well defined muscles.
Old 2009-10-23, 13:49   Link #55
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Judging from what happend in Ep. 2, when he was being led, naked, with a leash, I'd say he has a fabulous body. Dude has some very well defined muscles
Well...I kinda imagined him to be some more buff and largerly build. But well when it comes to size and stuff you can screw the anime anyway. Kanon is taller than Beatrice at times, while in the Vn he is described as small and fragile (a lot of people imagined him smaller than Jessica (me inculded).
Old 2009-10-23, 13:53   Link #56
libba
nepenthes rajah

From the description of the treatments he took for growing muscle mass, one would think he'd look like a bodybuilder. But considering the specifics of the visual medium, I'll agree with Strange, he looks muscular. Even when he's wearing his three piece suit, you can see how well his shoulders are defined in proportion to his waist.
Old 2009-10-23, 14:04   Link #57
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well yeah it's not like they completely screwed it up. Battler does look pretty well built

Old 2009-10-23, 14:37   Link #58
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

It's probably best not to take the anime too seriously when it comes to their heights and Battler and George's (and many others') physical builds.

At times, Hideyoshi was shorter than Eva.
Rosa was dwarfed by Kyrie while wearing heels.
Kumasawa and Gohda are only like a head different in height in some shots.
Like previously mentioned... Kanon was taller than Beato in some shots.

Consistency with the art is a problem in the anime. So I'd suggest not looking to it for actual comparisons.

Old 2009-10-23, 15:13   Link #59
desirebluesky
* ahaha.wav *

Send a message via MSN to desirebluesky
Quote:
In the anime it looks like Battler is only 1.70 m. or a little above that.
it does? all of the characters heights change from scene to scene, sometimes he looked like 180 imo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Workworkwork View Post
is it just me or his chara design changed for EP3? his eyes feel different. i guess they are a little smaller, but i can't spot the difference. maybe it's just me getting used to it, i hated them at first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange View Post
Judging from what happend in Ep. 2, when he was being led, naked, with a leash, I'd say he has a fabulous body. Dude has some very well defined muscles.
the funny thing is, we also see Kanon shirtless, and he looks about the same as Battler wasn't he supposed to be skinny?
/k, i rewatched the scene and it looked like his body chaged a few times. he looked skinny from afar though.
Old 2009-10-23, 15:17   Link #60
Strange
Incoherent at best.

Quote:
Originally Posted by desirebluesky View Post

the funny thing is, we also see Kanon shirtless, and he looks about the same as Battler, or even more muscular wasn't he supposed to be skinny?
he was supposed to be short, too. I think they used the same body build for almost every male character in the anime. Look at Ronove, George, Battler, and Kanon--they all share the same physique.
Closed Thread