AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-01-02, 08:59   Link #121
truhls

What exactly is " get the japanese with anime" OMG ANIME DOESNT COME WITH JAPANESE ANYMORE!?!?! :0000
truhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-02, 09:21   Link #122
martino
makes no files now

Quote:
Originally Posted by truhls View Post
What exactly is " get the japanese with anime" OMG ANIME DOESNT COME WITH JAPANESE ANYMORE!?!?! :0000
fireshark meant something along the lines of "If you need the Japanese title of an anime for a search query in a Japanese P2P application use Google to find the exact title."

And really, you should have read the whole thread in order not to have made yourself look like an idiot. :V
Old 2008-01-19, 13:09   Link #123
truhls

i think id rather look like a fool, then be one thanks
truhls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-25, 21:14   Link #124
Matsuemon

Talking Winny/Share Help!

Hello all,
I've recently downloaded Winny and just can't seem to get it to work. All my nodes just say "waiting" and over on the right, under the "preference" tab, it gives me a zero, then a negative number. I can't ever pull up any "hits" when I do even a simple search for a common word like "AVI."

So, I thought I'd try "Share" out. However, all the links I'm finding are DEAD! Does anyone know where I can download a recent version??

If anyone can help with either of my situations, I'd really appreciate it. Thanks!
Matsuemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-04-27, 20:06   Link #125
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
Share10_ex2.zip
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 16:06   Link #126
apr
Pedestrian

So Share died, and PD is the new thang, supposedly. Why in the hell is it using 50% CPU on average, though? Is there something wrong with my installation? I'd get it if it was hashing up files or something from the upload directory, but I'm not even doing anything. It has somehow managed to use up 3h26m of CPU time on a 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo in 3h15m (dual core, though, so roughly 50% constant use). This seems insane.
Old 2008-05-13, 16:25   Link #127
cyth
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
This seems insane.
It is, but that's how it's suppossed to be. I have yet to fill up my unity folder, but I'm guessing it has something to do with files still downloading to it. Unity is supposedly a storage of various file fragments from a variety users, probably cached or encrypted in some way. <_<?

I have a question: How do you search for files? ^^; I doubt PD compiles a full index of every available file ever upped from which you can search...
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 16:29   Link #128
martino
makes no files now

Doesn't it use nodes too (probably I haven't poked the settings/etc too much)... so something similar to Share or Winny's style of search?
Old 2008-05-13, 16:42   Link #129
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toua View Post
I have a question: How do you search for files? ^^; I doubt PD compiles a full index of every available file ever upped from which you can search...
What do you mean by search, exactly? I have it running like this, which seems to run a roaming search that collects file info. Lower left area shows the search tree, lower right is the file list. Haven't figured out if there are any clusters or triggers yet, and it's incredibly slow to get a file, compared to Share.
Old 2008-05-13, 17:41   Link #130
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

I'm kind of flying blind, but I have got PD working and downloading things. The speed is very variable: sometimes as fast as WinNY, often really slow.

It takes up a lot of RAM (about 90Mb right now) but only a couple of percent of CPU. And of course there's that massive cache folder "unity." Mine's up to about 9Gb now, after three weeks or so. I plan to let it get to 20Gb rather than 40Gb and trim it after that. We'll see.

I find that you can poke a search simply by clicking on the keyword. An exclamation mark shows up after it for a while, while it seems to be searching. But since I find new files every time I go back to some keywords, I suspect it keeps searching all your keywords whether you click on them or not. It seems to me that I can sometimes poke a dead download by right-clicking on the file in the search window and choosing "download" again.

I never did get Share to give me much, but I have used WinNY very happily for a couple of years. However, I think our Japanese benefactors are starting now to make the move to PD, because of recent events, so I am, too.

I'm sorry I can't really answer people's questions, since it seemed a miracle to me when the thing started working properly. One thing I did was to manually upload some big files to get the unity cache over 2 Gb to start. You have to add keywords for each file you upload (Japanese keywords, hopefully). And you should review every file you download: click the "complete" tab and then right-click each completed file and rank it, especially for being what it purports to be. That's the big advantage of PD: you can see whether other people approved of the file or not before you go to the trouble of downloading it.

I don't see any equivalent of Share's and WinNY's clusters, just keywords. I suspect it makes sense to tree your keywords, with general categories of things at the top level, sub-categories under that, and individual files after that.

JCafe is the place to go for a tutorial.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-14, 12:25   Link #131
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Hmmm, sounds like it is best to dedicate some poor 3rd machine to this puppy rather than have it annoy you on the old game machine or work machine.
Old 2008-05-15, 15:06   Link #132
The-Cursed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
It takes up a lot of RAM (about 90Mb right now) but only a couple of percent of CPU. And of course there's that massive cache folder "unity." Mine's up to about 9Gb now, after three weeks or so. I plan to let it get to 20Gb rather than 40Gb and trim it after that. We'll see.
Your current downloads are stored in the "unity" folder too, so it don´t seem a good idea to trim it ,and PD detects if some file on the unity folder is deleted , i don´t know if it breaks everything if you remove something or not( but you can break pieces of your download if you do ). need to test a little more at home.
Here PD don´t use more than 30Mb of ram ( been running for 6 hours )
The-Cursed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 15:39   Link #133
martino
makes no files now

I myself remember deleting stuff from the unity folder to trim it down, and nothing bad happened.
Old 2008-06-05, 04:19   Link #134
Emess
Slower Than You

Send a message via AIM to Emess Send a message via MSN to Emess Send a message via Yahoo to Emess
Meh, my unity directory is never over 5GB, I gave it a harddrive of its own. Running PD in wine is fine, the fonts are pretty decently sized for me, and overall it runs well. Just the occasional ram and cpu flood for 3 seconds once an hour or so, otherwise its fine.

E~
Emess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 06:01   Link #135
Grv
宜しく
*Fansubber

Mine eats up the entire 40gb like a snack ;o
Old 2008-06-05, 10:46   Link #136
Quarkboy
Translator, Producer

I've started to like perfect dark now. Not only did I find a few HD raws I lost in a RAID snafu that were reasonably old, bit I downloaded lossless rips of nearly all the Reitaisai 5 CD releases (about 11 GB worth) in about 2 hours.

I think the userbase probably quadrupled since the share arrests... In any case my unity is 40 GB, and it takes little cpu and easily hits speeds of 4-5 MB/s on my fiber, but then again I'm IN tokyo, so your speeds may vary.
Sam Pinansky
Quarkboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-05, 23:19   Link #137
Starks
I see what you did there!
*Scanlator

Send a message via AIM to Starks
PD certainly is getting quicker on the draw in comparison to Share with regard to how long it takes for files to appear.
Old 2008-06-07, 06:57   Link #138
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by apr View Post
So Share died, and PD is the new thang, supposedly. Why in the hell is it using 50% CPU on average, though? Is there something wrong with my installation? I'd get it if it was hashing up files or something from the upload directory, but I'm not even doing anything. It has somehow managed to use up 3h26m of CPU time on a 2.8GHz Core 2 Duo in 3h15m (dual core, though, so roughly 50% constant use). This seems insane.
Quoting myself is a bit weird, but I figured out why it ate so much CPU -- I was using a bandwidth limiter to keep it down to 15kb/s upload. Once I removed that cap (after getting an upgraded internet connection) CPU usage dropped to 1-4%.
Old 2008-06-14, 22:27   Link #139
fireshark
CRF Believer
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to fireshark
lots of the files were labelled shareより but i guess that changed since the arrests
fireshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-26, 23:55   Link #140
ドラマの殿下
百裂拳
*Fansubber

So I got a problem. I've had this problem ever since getting my wireless router (WNR834M) last August. I used to be able to download stuff from winny and share, no problem, but ever since I got this wireless router, its been denying me access to download files from winny and share. And now, I have the same problem with perfect dark, always telling me that an open port is NOT confirmed. How do I fix this issue? Is it the wireless router?
ドラマの殿下 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
p2p, perfect dark