Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-10-16, 00:25   Link #1901
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I just hope when and if they decide to go with their original plan for R2, that tey include all the stuff they wanted to reveal to the the audience that it was intended for. We got to see how Suzaku got that strong, the children we saw in the opening and the nature of Geass itself. It is my personal hope that they intend to create a six episode OVA that contains what they orignally intended for R2 but couldn't due to the timeslot conflict. Otherwise I say that this R2 was satisfying even if the story got all convoluted and what not.
This me being a noob and not know things but what are these OVA i here a lot of, are they like just some extra episodes. I here i lot about people saying they might make these OVA code geass episodes but I really don't even know what OVA is.. Please help this noob of anime out
Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 00:30   Link #1902
youngde
Unashamed Kalulu fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus1321 View Post
This me being a noob and not know things but what are these OVA i here a lot of, are they like just some extra episodes. I here i lot about people saying they might make these OVA code geass episodes but I really don't even know what OVA is.. Please help this noob of anime out
Just speculation by fans since SUNRISE has a tendency to do OVAs/sequel series to their more successful projects. And Code Geass is their most successful non-Gundam series in a long time, so alot of fans think the ending was left open to interpretation as not to preclude the possibility of adding more story, but at this point, there is no official announcement of any kind of OVA/sequel to Code Geass.
Old 2008-10-16, 00:49   Link #1903
SonOfHeaven
Metal Gear!?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guernsey View Post
I just hope when and if they decide to go with their original plan for R2, that tey include all the stuff they wanted to reveal to the the audience that it was intended for. We got to see how Suzaku got that strong, the children we saw in the opening and the nature of Geass itself. It is my personal hope that they intend to create a six episode OVA that contains what they orignally intended for R2 but couldn't due to the timeslot conflict. Otherwise I say that this R2 was satisfying even if the story got all convoluted and what not.
If they want to do something like that then I'll be happy just to see more Code Geass. I just think even if the timeslot affected R2, the most important developments/plot devices that happen during R2 is what the writer wanted to show to some degree. I'm all for a OVA/movie down the line.

Last edited by SonOfHeaven; 2008-10-16 at 01:14.
SonOfHeaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:10   Link #1904
Solidus1321

Send a message via Yahoo to Solidus1321
As I been going around the inter net I came across this image that looks like it was fake. Its a short clip of the carriage driver but it goes across his face and shows man that looks like lelouch. I belive its fake because it wasn't in the anime when you watch it. But still looks pretty real.

Solidus1321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:14   Link #1905
VNEpic

Yes its fake. Its a pretty good attempt nonetheless.
VNEpic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:15   Link #1906
Droplet
ヘ( ̄▽ ̄ヘ)(ノ ̄▽ ̄)ノ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solidus1321 View Post
As I been going around the inter net I came across this image that looks like it was fake. Its a short clip of the carriage driver but it goes across his face and shows man that looks like lelouch. I belive its fake because it wasn't in the anime when you watch it. But still looks pretty real.

Yep. It's just fanart and some camera panning, to imitate the effect of movement.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about what you guys think about the murder of Clovis. I found it totally unjustifiable. Does anyone think it's justifiable?
Droplet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:17   Link #1907
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droplet View Post
Yep. It's just fanart and some camera panning, to imitate the effect of movement.

Anyway, I wanted to talk about what you guys think about the murder of Clovis. I found it totally unjustifiable. Does anyone think it's justifiable?
Considering he ordered the massacre of an entire city area, I'd say so.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:18   Link #1908
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Ghetto-cleansing aside, it was necessary the moment he showed his face, and he did need to start somewhere in order to find his mother's killer.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:21   Link #1909
Charred Knight

Quote:

Between that, and his parents, that was the only bad thing Lelouch did to his family that was justified, Clovis just slaughtered an entire section of Japanese to keep quiet.

Did Lelouch know that? I totally forgot.

By the way I am talking about this from some moral ground, throw out morality, and the only unjustified things he did where those that where stupid.

Keep in mind that most of what Lelouch did was not justified (morally), where not supposed to agree with him, and some of the things he did where horrible (an example is after messing up with Euphemia, he lies, and blames the entire thing on Britannia which causes an anti-britannian riot).
Charred Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-10-16, 01:22   Link #1910
FoxxFireArt

Send a message via Yahoo to FoxxFireArt
Quote:

I found it justified considering he ordered the slaughter of innocent Japanese.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:24   Link #1911
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
an example is after messing up with Euphemia, he lies, and blames the entire thing on Britannia which causes an anti-britannian riot.
Again, what the hell was he supposed to do? Please, give an actual reason as to how the massacre she started could possibly have been handled in any other way.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:30   Link #1912
Charred Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Again, what the hell was he supposed to do? Please, give an actual reason as to how the massacre she started could possibly have been handled in any other way.
Not start an anti-britannian riot that put his friends and family in danger?

What would happen if the riots went near Ashford? All of Lelouch's hard work goes up in flames as Nunnaly, Shirley, and Milly are killed for being Britannians. He nearly killed Villeta, for his actions.

The fact that Lelouch's own goals was to make up for that speech tells me it was a mistake.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:36   Link #1913
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:

What would happen if the riots went near Ashford? All of Lelouch's hard work goes up in flames as Nunnaly, Shirley, and Milly are killed for being Britannians. He nearly killed Villeta, for his actions.

The fact that one of Lelouch's own goals was to make up for that speech tells me it was a mistake.
For one, it was not a riot, it was an uprising, one he had near-complete control over. Two, you must be smoking something if you think people would just dismiss a massacre like that, especially one widely televised. Lelouch turned what would have been mindless rioting into controlled rebellion. Three, Ashford is in the Tokyo Settlement. No riots there, plus he took over the school specifically to prevent such things. Finally, and this is where you're just making things up, he was not making up for the speech. He was trying to obscure Euphy's name through more violence, and that was only a side benefit.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:36   Link #1914
Used Can

Quote:
The rebellion started before Lelouch showed up.

Clovis would have ordered the massacre of that Ghetto even if Lelouch wouldn't have acted. The reason why he ordered for that slaughter was to cover his experiments.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:39   Link #1915
Charred Knight

Quote:
For one, it was not a riot, it was an uprising, one he had near-complete control over. Two, you must be smoking something if you think people would just dismiss a massacre like that, especially one widely televised. Lelouch turned what would have been mindless rioting into controlled rebellion. Three, Ashford is in the Tokyo Settlement. No riots there, plus he took over the school specifically to prevent such things. Finally, and this is where you're just making things up, he was not making up for the speech. He was trying to obscure Euphy's name through more violence, and that was only a side benefit.
His speech added to the hatred of Britannians and Japanese, his goal was to get rid of that hatred.

Also if that's your idea of a controlled rebellion, than I don't want to know what you consider a riot.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:41   Link #1916
Used Can

Quote:
his goal was to get rid of that hatred.
That was at the end. Originally, his goal was just to bring down Britannia.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:43   Link #1917
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
His speech added to the hatred of Britannians and Japanese, his goal was to get rid of that hatred.

Also if that's your idea of a controlled rebellion, than I don't want to know what you consider a riot.
You're stretching so far that your arms must be longer than your entire body. Seriously, that is about the worst reasoning I have ever heard. People already hated the Brtiannians. That massacre was fresh in their minds. Lelouch aimed that hatred toward a productive goal.

If armed rebellion on a government building is your idea of a riot, then you obviously have no concept of what rioting is.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:47   Link #1918
Charred Knight

Quote:
You're stretching so far that your arms must be longer than your entire body. Seriously, that is about the worst reasoning I have ever heard. People already hated the Brtiannians. That massacre was fresh in their minds. Lelouch aimed that hatred toward a productive goal.

If armed rebellion on a government building is your idea of a riot, then you obviously have no concept of what rioting is.
When the hell did Villeta become a goverment building?

If Villeta was attacked then other Britannians must have been attacked as well.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:51   Link #1919
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:

If Villeta was attacked then other Britannians must have been attacked as well.
So let me get this straight. You expect Lelouch to be able to control every single Japanese person everywhere, somehow keep an entire country full of angry Japanese from retaliating against their oppressors, and have a perfect zero casualty rate? Stop trying to make fault where none exists. Lelouch isn't omnipotent. He made the best of a bad situation.
Old 2008-10-16, 01:51   Link #1920
Used Can

Quote:
What about her? She was a KMF pilot, and therefore a soldier.