AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Gurren-Lagann

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-07-13, 12:11   Link #381
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auron Requies View Post
Finally had time to watch the movie, and by crimson heaven piercing Damn, it was frigging awesome!

Although, there were weakness, more then the TV series, which should be expected from the recap scenes, but I LOVE the extra's.

After watching this movie, there is this tiny little hope that in 10, maybe 20 years time, Gainax might do another remake, or perhaps an add on to the Gurren Lagann series. It wouldn't be 'impossible'
I can't think of any ways that they could make this show more epic. I loved the ending a lot better in the movie. The last part of it was way better than the series, but the series did better on everything before that just about.
Old 2010-07-13, 21:19   Link #382
y0shi

I always spoiler myself to death so could someone tell me what the movies are about / if theres anything new in them without spoiling me? Dont wana read the thread

~ I'll hold your hand if you hold mine ~
~ The time that we kill keeps us alive ~
Old 2010-07-14, 19:25   Link #383
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by y0shi View Post
I always spoiler myself to death so could someone tell me what the movies are about / if theres anything new in them without spoiling me? Dont wana read the thread
Well, the movies are pretty much the same as the show. They added like 15 minutes of extra material in, and it is a damn good 15 minutes. Gurren-hen you don't really need to see. It's just a recap movie of the first arc. Lagann-hen is a must see though. The ending is amazing. See for yourself.
Old 2010-07-17, 00:31   Link #384
GurrenX12
Crazed Swordsman

i hope they dub the movies. but don't get me wrong they are sweet the way they are. i just don't want to be reading subtitles when i coul be paying attention to the action.
Old 2010-07-17, 12:25   Link #385
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurrenX12 View Post
i hope they dub the movies. but don't get me wrong they are sweet the way they are. i just don't want to be reading subtitles when i coul be paying attention to the action.
I prefer subs, I've gotten used to reading and paying attention, multitask ftw.
Old 2010-07-21, 08:55   Link #386
hackled

Tengen Toppa Enki Durga...omfg how much more cooler can Viral's mech get.
Old 2010-07-22, 22:01   Link #387
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Not as cool as Super Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann. That thing is the pinnacle of manliness.
Old 2010-07-24, 07:46   Link #388
GurrenX12
Crazed Swordsman

dark is right. even though it doesn't look like a mech its the coolest, strongest, and the most epic mech in the anime universe
Old 2010-07-24, 22:53   Link #389
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GurrenX12 View Post
dark is right. even though it doesn't look like a mech its the coolest, strongest, and the most epic mech in the anime universe
It doesn't need to look like a mech. It needs to look like a marvel that destroys worlds, the anti-spirals and all the other dumbasses who fight against the Gurren Brigade. Who the hell do they think they are!?
Old 2010-08-24, 21:53   Link #390
Dextro
He Without a Title

GAH!! Just finished watching the second movie (finally got the time) and I'm so pumped up... I was singing "raw raw fight the powa" every time the song came up... Heck, I was on the edge of my seat at the end even though I already knew how it was going to end, it was just too epic!

I'm just glad I didn't watch this in the theaters otherwise people would be trying to kill me. I was WAY too hyped... Damn this show is EPIC WIN and the movie is DAI-EPIC WIN!

When I noticed there was more after the credits I was afraid they would fail again but at least this time it didn't take back from the epicness, guess they learned the lesson last time.

And with that I'll leave you with RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWA!
Old 2010-08-31, 18:08   Link #391
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
GAH!! Just finished watching the second movie (finally got the time) and I'm so pumped up... I was singing "raw raw fight the powa" every time the song came up... Heck, I was on the edge of my seat at the end even though I already knew how it was going to end, it was just too epic!

I'm just glad I didn't watch this in the theaters otherwise people would be trying to kill me. I was WAY too hyped... Damn this show is EPIC WIN and the movie is DAI-EPIC WIN!

When I noticed there was more after the credits I was afraid they would fail again but at least this time it didn't take back from the epicness, guess they learned the lesson last time.

And with that I'll leave you with RAW RAW FIGHT THE POWA!
I'm sure it was Row Row, Fight the Powa, but whatever floats your boat.
Old 2010-08-31, 18:12   Link #392
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkdarkdark View Post
I'm sure it was Row Row, Fight the Powa, but whatever floats your boat.
Meh, I just got that out by sound alone.
Old 2010-09-04, 14:52   Link #393
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Meh, I just got that out by sound alone.
But who cares about that. The movie was amazing wasn't it >: D
Old 2010-09-08, 02:38   Link #394
Spectacular_Insanity
Ha ha ha ha ha...
*Graphic Designer

I gotta agree with Dextro. RAW RAW FIGHT DA POWER!

I loved the second movie even better than the original anime. The final fisticuffs with the Antispiral is about as epic an ending as I've ever seen. I'm gonna go watch it again!
Old 2010-09-09, 17:28   Link #395
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity View Post
I gotta agree with Dextro. RAW RAW FIGHT DA POWER!

I loved the second movie even better than the original anime. The final fisticuffs with the Antispiral is about as epic an ending as I've ever seen. I'm gonna go watch it again!
The only thing I didn't like was the part where Simon stops Rossiu from shooting himself. Way better and far more epic in the anime.
Old 2010-09-10, 03:56   Link #396
Seitsuki
Onee!

Indeed. breaking the laws of space time and teleporting is a much more epic way to stop someone suiciding than just bursting into his room

In fact I'll say it, the only thing more epic is FKING GIANT GLOWING ON FIRE KAMINA. Nothing has more awesome than that. Rated M for Manly indeed.
Old 2010-09-17, 19:37   Link #397
RadiantBeam
Test Drive
*Author

Send a message via AIM to RadiantBeam
Okay, so, I apologize if I sound like a total newb, but does anyone know where I can find this darned movie (Lagann-hen) and watch it? I've been looking for it for months, and the best I've found is a couple clips on Youtube.

Last edited by RadiantBeam; 2010-09-17 at 19:52.
Old 2010-09-17, 20:03   Link #398
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Okay, so, I apologize if I sound like a total newb, but does anyone know where I can find this darned movie (Lagann-hen) and watch it? I've been looking for it for months, and the best I've found is a couple clips on Youtube.
There's a torrent of ways to get it, just look around a bit
Old 2010-09-18, 13:43   Link #399
darkdarkdark
Let's Go, My Friends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantBeam View Post
Google is your best friend
Old 2011-01-17, 16:36   Link #400
smartlypretty

thats pretty cool
Closed Thread

Tags
action, mecha