AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-01-09, 10:41   Link #101
Honey_and_Cleaver

Sorry for the double post. Something crossed my mind when i watched the OP song again.

It seems there are two Kyoshiros. The one with purple eyes and the other with yellow eyes. The two timing idiot is the purple eyes with glasses and the real prince of Kuu's dreams is the yellow eyes. Im guessing the red hair yellow eyes is Kazuya.

Whats Kyoshiro to towa no sora means in english?
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 12:31   Link #102
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
Sorry for the double post. Something crossed my mind when i watched the OP song again.

It seems there are two Kyoshiros. The one with purple eyes and the other with yellow eyes. The two timing idiot is the purple eyes with glasses and the real prince of Kuu's dreams is the yellow eyes. Im guessing the red hair yellow eyes is Kazuya.

Whats Kyoshiro to towa no sora means in english?

Now now now, we can't just assume he's two-timing Kuu. There could be a very good reason for kissing Setsuna. I never judge characters by the first episode only...

As for the translation, it's like the others said, it's a play on words. It means "Kyoshiro and the Eternal Sky" but Kuu-chan's name kanji can also be read
as "sora" (sky) so it could mean "Kyoshiro and the Eternal Kuu"
Old 2007-01-09, 12:40   Link #103
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Wow, I don't know what the heck to make of this show.

Of all the shows announced this season this is the one I was looking forward to the most, but now I'm a little disappointed, hopeful and confused.

For one thing, who was the idiot that decided to make the male character designs bishies?
Bishies always creep the heck out of me, they look like hot girls but have deep mens voices and behave like dinks.
I never know if they're the competition or if I'm hoping they'll flash their boobs.

When the Student Morality Whatsits brigade burst into the room I was worried the whole thing would degrade into futanari; and I swear the blonde dude on the train was a F->M crossdresser, and the Prince looks girlier than the heroine.

All in all bishies are very confusing things, and to put them in (what ANN claims is) a shounen series is a really bad idea
Saying such things just goes to show that you know nothing about making an anime series popular. KAISHAKU is the genius behind putting bishounen in the series. Are you like new to anime or something? There are bishies in like 80% of anime: shoujo AND shounen! There have been bishounen in every Kaishaku series to my knowledge. They are trying to lure everyone into watching the series and that means girls as well! Big freakin DUH. And stop whining. You sound so very ignorant. If us girls have to put up with big-breasted "sexy" women in our shoujo series, why should you boys get treated any different? Hmm? Answer me that.

Also, it is for the STORY. Do you really think Kuu-chan and her friends are going to swoon over a non-bishie? Some ugly hairy muscular brute? Noooo I don't think so.
Old 2007-01-09, 12:43   Link #104
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
the reason for them kissing can be explained soo easily...if anyone has seen any of type-moons stories then they will know how mages recover their mana...basically its the same here...notice how setsuna was injured but then totally healed after the kiss...i suspect that she has a contract with kyoshiro ~ look at the preview and we see "Chikane" and "himeko" kissing (well its just a guess so you dont have to take my word for it but i think it will be somewhere along those lines )

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 12:56   Link #105
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
All in all bishies are very confusing things, and to put them in (what ANN claims is) a shounen series is a really bad idea.
No, thats exactly what it is; a shounen manga.

It seems no one gets it yet, it doesn't matter what the manga is about, if its serialized in a male oriented magazine or/and published under a male oriented label, then its for males.

Even if a manga is written by a female mangaka and its drawn with the most "shoujo" art style of all shoujo manga ever, and the protagonist of the story is a female thats surrounded with billions of hot bishounen, but the manga is serialized in a shounen magazine, then it would still be a shounen manga. why? oh why is it a shounen manga ? because thats how things are, like it or not its a shounen manga.
Old 2007-01-09, 13:18   Link #106
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
No, thats exactly what it is; a shounen manga.

It seems no one gets it yet, it doesn't matter what the manga is about, if its serialized in a male oriented magazine or/and published under a male oriented label, then its for males.

Even if a manga is written by a female mangaka and its drawn with the most "shoujo" art style of all shoujo manga ever, and the protagonist of the story is a female thats surrounded with billions of hot bishounen, but the manga is serialized in a shounen magazine, then it would still be a shounen manga. why? oh why is it a shounen manga ? because thats how things are, like it or not its a shounen manga.

Iie, NeoSam, I completely get it. It is a shounen manga with shoujoish elements just as many shoujo manga have shounenish elements. It's not hard to understand. If it is running in a shounen magazine, it's of course, a shounen manga. If it's running in a shoujo magazine, it's of course, a shoujo manga etc.
Dumb to argue about it really when it's a fact written in black and white.

And Kaishaku has never written a shoujo story before and I doubt they are going to ever...although that would be freakin awesome. xD
Old 2007-01-09, 13:39   Link #107
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiibi View Post
Iie, NeoSam, I completely get it. It is a shounen manga with shoujoish elements just as many shoujo manga have shounenish elements. It's not hard to understand. If it is running in a shounen magazine, it's of course, a shounen manga. If it's running in a shoujo magazine, it's of course, a shoujo manga etc.
Dumb to argue about it really when it's a fact written in black and white.

And Kaishaku has never written a shoujo story before and I doubt they are going to ever...although that would be freakin awesome. xD
Yeah exactly

I have also seen some idiots referring to some manga as shounen when actually they are shoujo manga. they think its shounen because it concentrates on "action" well Asuka magazine (a shoujo magazine) serializes action manga in it, but these manga are for girls, so yes shoujo action manga.
Old 2007-01-09, 13:46   Link #108
Chiibi

Hmm Asuka....Asuka...oh yes! I have the Cresent Moon manga that ran in Asuka. That's probably a good example of such.

*waits for the mods to come chew her out for being off-topic*

Anyway I think Kyosora <---nickname! could be enjoyed by anyone (who isn't like WHAT NO MAIN YURI PAIRINGS WAH!) and I eagerly look forward to seeing more.

And if people are wahhhh-ing because it looks like a boyxgirl pairing instead of a girlxgirl pairing...don't you think you should be a TINY bit more open-minded than that?

Last edited by Chiibi; 2007-01-09 at 14:00.
Chiibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 14:11   Link #109
niwasatou
mind the gap
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to niwasatou
Quote:
And if people are wahhhh-ing because it looks like a boyxgirl pairing instead of a girlxgirl pairing...don't you think you should be a TINY bit more open-minded than that?
No, not at all.

But honestly, be it Shounen or whatever else, if I'd want to see bishounen get girls, I'd go buy some Shoujo Manga.
By the way - the whole "this Shounen and this Shoujo, duh!" deal is a bit stupid. It isn't a kind of genre anyway, it's just the audience it's mainly meant for.
niwasatou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 14:11   Link #110
NeoSam

Quote:
Hmm Asuka....Asuka...oh yes! I have the Cresent Moon manga that ran in Asuka. That's probably a good example of such.

*waits for the mods to come chew her out for being off-topic*

Anyway I think Kyosora <---nickname! could be enjoyed by anyone (who isn't like WHAT NO MAIN YURI PAIRINGS WAH!) and I eagerly look forward to seeing more.
Of course ^_^

In the end of the following MoonPhase post there are some images from Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora manga, but be careful it might be spoilers for stuff to come in the anime (that is if the anime follows the manga)

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou
It isn't a kind of genre anyway, it's just the audience it's mainly meant for.
Yes, exactly.
Old 2007-01-09, 14:57   Link #111
Chiibi

Quote:
Originally Posted by niwasatou View Post
No, not at all.

But honestly, be it Shounen or whatever else, if I'd want to see bishounen get girls, I'd go buy some Shoujo Manga.
By the way - the whole "this Shounen and this Shoujo, duh!" deal is a bit stupid. It isn't a kind of genre anyway, it's just the audience it's mainly meant for.
You are acting like bishounen get girls ONLY in shoujo manga. o_O; Have you seen Air? Have you seen Kenshin? Have you seen Flame of Recca? Have you seen UFO Ultramaiden Valkryie? Inuyasha? Trinity Blood!? Spiral!?These are all series aimed at males and GASP, yes, the pairings are hetero pairings. Oh God forbid. *sarcasm*
Old 2007-01-09, 17:31   Link #112
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Character designs are bad and it kept my interest all the way through. I was curios when i saw the preview for Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora because it looked liked a slice of life school anime but with mechs. Over the feel of the story is ok. I usually complain about how the stereotypical pretty boy looks but i feel its kind of a must for the over all feel of the story. Im a little worried how it progress lots of room to stray of the main story and make a comedy out of it
Old 2007-01-09, 19:50   Link #113
Kisuke06
I see...

I have just watched the first episode, and it was quite good IMO. The battle scene was very good, the robots parts appearing when the girls attacked, it was quite amusing. And I liked the characters too, there are some guys that look like girls, but overall they are OK. The Student Morality -whatever-is-it-called- looks interesting... I don't really like the idea of the whole school worshiping them, but whatever. =P
Kisuke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-09, 20:54   Link #114
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoSam View Post
Of course ^_^

In the end of the following MoonPhase post there are some images from Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora manga, but be careful it might be spoilers for stuff to come in the anime (that is if the anime follows the manga)

Yes, exactly.
Nah????
Spoiler:
What the heck is going on??
Mangaka-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 00:39   Link #115
JayF

I haven't laughed this hard since Excel Saga and Muteki Kanban Musume.

Seriously, it looks like Kaishaku should just go straight into parody, considering how this pilot ep turned out.
JayF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 01:26   Link #116
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Oh. Okay. So no one has mentioned that:

If Tsubasa Chronicle is to everything CLAMP, then Kyoshiro to Towa no Sora is to everything Kaishaku?

Dunno, just another of my 2 cents. It just like zalas mentioned... if you think about it, Tsubasa and KyoSora could be taken as fanfics (though, made by the original creators).

Oh, and a little more yuri in the show won't hurt anyone, right?

EDIT: Darn, I'm running out of cents here...
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 05:13   Link #117
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Oh, man, all I can say is Yahagi Sayuri saikou! This is the voice (Kuu) I sometimes heard in Karin: full, subtle, liquid, expressive. Her roles in Akazukin (Gretel and Kewpie) seem denatured, as if she is learning to control her voice and make it more standard. But here she is again letting it rip, and it's a beautiful thing.

Personally, I did not like KnM at all. But I loved this first episode. Poetic. Nice rhythm. Nice otherworldly mood. Reminiscent of Utena in places (this is a good thing). All the characters made sense to me. If it devolves into monster-of-the-week, I'll be unhappy, but just hearing Sayuri-chan's voice may be enough.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 06:29   Link #118
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

i've just watched the first ep, and i must say... i'm plain confused.
the very first reaction i had was... "where did i already see that character design, especially THESES characters?". no, i didn't watch KnM (i didn't even know about this show until now), but i was seeking a nameless book in my manga piles and i found it : Cross Triangle, a oneshot from Kaishaku.

after reading the KnM synopsis in wikipedia, i will be blunt : they should probably hire a real scenarist... (in fact, they simply changed the name of the "good side" "evild side", some changes in the plot, and you got KnM -_- )
Plot wise, KttnS didn't show its full potential yet (would be rather hard with only 1 episode), but i'm afraid that its story is too much based on the same "kaishaku" archtype, cross triangle and KnM (like people said it, it just like mai-him <-> mai otome : recycling a lot of known characters... actually, KnM main characters, Himeko, Chikane and Soma are exaclty the same characters from Cross Triangle : Kurusu, Kiraha and Ogami (yeah, they took his first name, and used it for Soma's last name))

i must admit it... i laughed a lot while watching this show (flame me if you want, i didn't say it was a bad anime... yet) : i felt a lot of the following vibes : fanservice (for both girls and boys, i'm not talking about any ecchi or such, but rather the archtype "bi" exagerated characters), little to none meaningful informations (confusing lamely the viewers), and "out of place" moments (Kyoshiro's horse, some BGM, especially for setsuna's fight at the very end.)

now, this anime can give pretty good surprise (the quality of the anime is excellent, good seyuu etc) but, i hope the plot will be solid, otherwise it will be a waste (the pace of the episode was horribly slow at first, then was ultimately rushed)

Last edited by Klashikari; 2007-01-10 at 06:43.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 06:37   Link #119
kyok

I agree with Kaoru, so far the 1st episode was pretty good. Being that I had just finished KnM about a few days earlier and being rather disappointed by it.

KnM had great concept, character, mikos, and yuri theme it seems rather poor in plot, pacing and dialog.. along with the bad mech fighting and random enemies who's backstories aren't explained. People complaining about Yuri and that this series isn't KnM should probably watch better shows with yuri themes like marimite (which is supposedly good). I personality liked Kashimashi as far as yuri is concerned (it's good watch it!).

Kuu is very cute I like her more than Himeko; she isn't so whiny. Maybe I don't remember too well but Kuu just doesn't seem as insecure as Himeko.
Spoiler for episode 1:

The mech fighting is/was better then generic mecha robots as it feels more like close in and/or hand to hand combat. Their mechs or should i say stands/avatars are more like spiritual beings and are extensions of their own limbs.

I also think that Setsuna and Kyoshiro's relationship is like Fate SN in that it's a master - servant setup. This doesn't reflect Kyoshiro's feelings for Setsuna at all and even for Setsuna we don't know if she serves Kyoshiro based on feelings or not either.. (probably though)
kyok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-01-10, 08:14   Link #120
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyok View Post
The mech fighting is/was better then generic mecha robots as it feels more like close in and/or hand to hand combat. Their mechs or should i say stands/avatars are more like spiritual beings and are extensions of their own limbs.

I also think that Setsuna and Kyoshiro's relationship is like Fate SN in that it's a master - servant setup. This doesn't reflect Kyoshiro's feelings for Setsuna at all and even for Setsuna we don't know if she serves Kyoshiro based on feelings or not either.. (probably though)
I remember that someone compared the mecha in KyoSora to the Stands in JoJo's Bizarre Adventure. I can personally compare them to the Phase Avatars in .hack//GU. They are both extensions and at the same time, separate entities of their owners.

Did I forget to mention that they all kick ass?

Yes, I did get those wierd flashbacks of the "cabin and CG dragon scene" from Fate/stay night when they kissed. Oddly enough. Seems like Kyoshiro only has eyes on Kuu, and looking at the OP, Setsuna-chan and Kuu will seem to have a friendly relationship. And if Haruhi willing... we'd get another Yuri pair.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, fantasy, kaishaku, romance, shounen