AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Angel Beats!

Notices

View Poll Results: Angel Beats! - Episode 10 Rating
Perfect 10 120 51.06%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 60 25.53%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 5.53%
6 out of 10 : Average 9 3.83%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 0.43%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 0.43%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.43%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.43%
1 out of 10 : Painful 5 2.13%
Voters: 235. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2010-06-07, 07:48   Link #241
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Now that someone posted about lacking one more interaction scene between Hinata and Yui, I wished that Otonashi's plan would be done accidentally by Hinata instead.

So that means that
> Hinata catches the guitar
> Yui gets to wrestle-lock him
> Hinata becomes curious as to how she learns wrestling moves
> A short confessional by Yui
> Then Hinata agrees to become Yui's sparring partner in wrestling
> Otonashi sees that the plan is going smoothly and gets Tenshi to help Yui win in soccer
> Then the baseball scene can become a moment to expand on Hinata's past

Then Yui's confessional can continue.

It would be better-looking plot-wise, but we might end up with a double disappearance.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-07, 07:51   Link #242
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
Now that someone posted about lacking one more interaction scene between Hinata and Yui, I wished that Otonashi's plan would be done accidentally by Hinata instead.

So that means that
> Hinata catches the guitar
> Yui gets to wrestle-lock him
> A short confessional by Yui
> Then Hinata agrees to become Yui's sparring partner in wrestling
> Otonashi sees that the plan is going smoothly and gets Tenshi to help Yui win in soccer
> Then the baseball scene can become a moment to expand on Hinata's past

It would be better-looking plot-wise, but we might end up with a double disappearance.
But then it will kill the possibility that Hinata does not really love Yui and he did so just to help
*dodge torch*
*run away from mobs*
Old 2010-06-07, 07:57   Link #243
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post

So that means that

I think Hinata actually wanting to know anything about Yui all of a sudden would be a bit too convenient. It would be better if Hinata overheard Otonashi's conversation with Kanade at the start. The rest is good though.
Old 2010-06-07, 07:58   Link #244
Raiza Sunozaki

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
But then it will kill the possibility that Hinata does not really love Yui and he did so just to help
*dodge torch*
*run away from mobs*
Well, considering the light novel prequels, I'm still up for supporting Hinata x Yuri. Unfortunately, it seems this episode killed all chance of that.
Old 2010-06-07, 08:00   Link #245
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just brewed that in one sitting, and yeah, I think it would be too forced for Hinata to go curious like that on someone who grapples him on sight.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-06-07, 08:21   Link #246
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raiza Sunozaki View Post
Well, considering the light novel prequels, I'm still up for supporting Hinata x Yuri. Unfortunately, it seems this episode killed all chance of that.
This raises my hope up a bit. May work for you....

Comment: he's good... no matter how much an idiot he is. He's good...
Old 2010-06-07, 08:31   Link #247
Khu
そんなやさしくしないで。。。

The sparkles rival a shoujo hero. lol.
Old 2010-06-07, 08:43   Link #248
.:bliss
Nyuu~

Send a message via MSN to .:bliss
@rising: Oho! That chapter made me laugh! =3 [considering Yuri go to "evil" mode]

I agree! A rival. =3
Old 2010-06-07, 09:21   Link #249
OkamiNoKaze

Maybe Yui gets reborn, as K-On's Yui
Old 2010-06-07, 12:05   Link #250
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
Noo, Angel Beats Yui is too good to being reduced to K-on's yui.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2010-06-07, 12:59   Link #251
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by OkamiNoKaze View Post
There is a huge difference in their levels of intelligence you know.

However, there is a chance where Kanade might reincarnate as Nagato Yuki, or even a female protoss zealot.

Come to think of it, with her other versions of handsonic, Kanade is becoming like a Gundam. Version 1 and 2 are melee weapons, version 3 is to deflect projectiles, version 4 is a Gundam hammer, and Version 5 is a rocket anchor.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-07, 15:07   Link #252
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Really great episode. I am really impressed that they are dropping the OP & ED in favor of more episode time.
Old 2010-06-07, 15:17   Link #253
Etherdrone
The Questgiver

You have to love Kanade's epic failure at interpreting.

"Wah!" *tosses the guitar really high in fake surprise*

But she is really good at stealth. No one noticed her presence in the soccer bit, even when they were harassed by sniper slingshot hits from her part.

Maybe she should be a Ninja Angel instead of a Protoss Angel.

Old 2010-06-07, 15:25   Link #254
kyosak
poo

Maeda Jun interview:

About episode 7

Maeda:
Episode 7 was personally a really scary episode for myself. Because Otonashi had lost his memory all this time and when people see this episode they might go “Wha? That’s all?” or “All he needed to get his memory back was via Naoi’s hypnotism?” and think that the scriptwriting was too lazy or cheap. If this was a game, when the player continues on he’d find out that there’s one deeper level to his memory that has not been revealed yet, but in an anime, it stops for a week after the episode ends.

So people will probably say stuff like “Maeda is bringing the sick sister out of the hospital and letting her die again, that’s no different from before. There’s no more to Maeda.” and that I’m just repeating the same stories again.

About episode 10

Maeda:
I really want to thank director Kishi for putting Yui and Hinata together in the ED (in earlier episodes). Even I personally thought it was a little too sudden for Hinata to confess his love to Yui suddenly in episode 10, but the ED managed to help foreshadow this.

Kishi:
After knowing their relationship in the main story, I wanted the ED to look like that.

Maeda:
Yui doesn’t get to speak much in the main story, so a large part of this was saved by the presentation. Also, episode 10 is personally where it’ll decide victory or defeat for me. If this episode doesn’t work, then it means I wasn’t able to live up to viewer’s expectations that they want to see a story that will make them cry, so I really want to know what people think of this episode when it airs.

source: http://zepy.momotato.com/2010/06/07/...n-angel-beats/

In that sense, I guess Angel Beats! is a failed work to me. ~.~
Old 2010-06-07, 15:41   Link #255
Crontica

Wow Maeda has become pretty internet savvy. Most directors are "Paah! We released a show for you - GTFO!"
Old 2010-06-07, 16:19   Link #256
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
lol for those otaku, as long as they get the cute Kanade and get to touch her, it's fine. (it's not a failed work for them, it's a great work).
Old 2010-06-07, 16:23   Link #257
Key Board
Carbon

Episode 10 was acceptable is you take into consideration that Hinata was swayed by the mood

what was really horrible was the Naoi episode

Jun Maeda still NEEDS to apologize for that
Old 2010-06-07, 16:34   Link #258
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
lol for those otaku, as long as they get the cute Kanade and get to touch her, it's fine. (it's not a failed work for them, it's a great work).
KANADE IS MINE! SHOO!

Seriously speaking, Maeda actually did a fine job animating EP10. I almost cried.....Yui just disappearing like that and Hinata finally professing his love for her knowing that he may never meet her again in his next life : that's beautiful.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-06-07, 17:13   Link #259
dark998

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyosak View Post
Maeda Jun interview:

About episode 7

Maeda:
Episode 7 was personally a really scary episode for myself. Because Otonashi had lost his memory all this time and when people see this episode they might go “Wha? That’s all?” or “All he needed to get his memory back was via Naoi’s hypnotism?” and think that the scriptwriting was too lazy or cheap. If this was a game, when the player continues on he’d find out that there’s one deeper level to his memory that has not been revealed yet, but in an anime, it stops for a week after the episode ends.

So people will probably say stuff like “Maeda is bringing the sick sister out of the hospital and letting her die again, that’s no different from before. There’s no more to Maeda.” and that I’m just repeating the same stories again.

About episode 10

Maeda:
I really want to thank director Kishi for putting Yui and Hinata together in the ED (in earlier episodes). Even I personally thought it was a little too sudden for Hinata to confess his love to Yui suddenly in episode 10, but the ED managed to help foreshadow this.

Kishi:
After knowing their relationship in the main story, I wanted the ED to look like that.

Maeda:
Yui doesn’t get to speak much in the main story, so a large part of this was saved by the presentation. Also, episode 10 is personally where it’ll decide victory or defeat for me. If this episode doesn’t work, then it means I wasn’t able to live up to viewer’s expectations that they want to see a story that will make them cry, so I really want to know what people think of this episode when it airs.

source: http://zepy.momotato.com/2010/06/07/...n-angel-beats/
Maeda should be happy. Everything has worked according to the plan so far.
Old 2010-06-07, 18:29   Link #260
guuchan
Mou Nakanai~
*Fansubber

Meh, I have said all I wanted to say already about coma-related theories, so I'm not touching that subject anymore. But geez at one of the comments on the blog linked above: "This whole anime is one huge disaster and has definitely signed Maeda’s death plea." Maeda, don't be sad, because a lot other script writers of anime in recent years will join you as NPCs in the afterworld, while you will be one of the protagonists there.
Closed Thread