Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-11-19, 12:47   Link #901
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How about lightning?

As mentioned, my weapons are still glass daggers and bow (legendary), so quite cheap to make and good enough for now. I don't think it's a good idea to put points to heavy weapons smithing just to get draeric weapons, isn't it? Is the dagger and bow (daeric or ebony) much stronger than glasses?
Ebony bow is 43 damage. Not very good in my opinion. Glass bow is 36 I think. Conjured Bow is 60 damage :P. I wonder if even Daedric Weapon will beat Conjured Bow. Sure enough, you can put enchants on those but in other hand, I like the 100% soul capture on the conjured weapons.

You have 70 perk points at maximum level, and it's easy to level up your character when leveling up smithing and enchanting. With that said, I do think it's worth of it if you want it. It's only 5 perk points anyway. I specialize in Destruction, Conjuration, Restoration, Sneak and Archery, and I still can afford to put points into Enchanting and Smithing because it's not like you should get all perks from each skill tree.
Old 2011-11-19, 12:49   Link #902
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
What slider

*feels stupid*
When you enchant a weapon and choose an enchantment, you get a slider where you can set the weapon to either have lots of charges but minimal effect, or the best effects with minimal charges, ex. +25 shock damage with 40 charges vs +5 shock damage with 200 charges. Notice that when enchanting weapons you need to confirm the enchantment for it to proceed, instead of simply selecting it as you would for armor and trinkets. The slider is above the Confirm and No buttons.

Speaking of weapon enhancements... anyone know how to upgrade the sword Dawnbreaker to Legendary level? I'm at lvl 100 smithing and have made Legendary Daedric Armors. Yet when upgrading Dawnbreaker it only goes up to Flawless.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 13:04   Link #903
Dist

^I heard certain weapons can be improved only once. So if you've improved it already to Flawless, you can no longer improve it again for Legendary?
Old 2011-11-19, 13:09   Link #904
Who

^I can't explain it properly as to why, but you can.

http://uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Smithing
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 13:13   Link #905
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
How about lightning?

As mentioned, my weapons are still glass daggers and bow (legendary), so quite cheap to make and good enough for now. I don't think it's a good idea to put points to heavy weapons smithing just to get draeric weapons, isn't it? Is the dagger and bow (daeric or ebony) much stronger than glasses?
Lighting does both HP and MP damage.

Quote:
What slider
If you enchant a weapon, there's a slider right underneath the enchant stats, where you can decide whether you want to have more damage but less charges, or less charges and more damage.
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 14:09   Link #906
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by KyriaL View Post
True, I do want the PC version, but unfortunately my internet connection and speed is not exactly top-par.
Steam has a viable offline mode. Being a single player game, I'm certain Skyrim can be played offline--IIRC Steam is only needed to validate the game.
Old 2011-11-19, 14:16   Link #907
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

ok i have now restarted 3 times. first it was a nord then i relised i wanted to use magic, then i relised destruction takes way too long to level up,

So now im a woodelf theif with 100 sneaking skill thx to that npc trick at the start, i just went on a thieving raid at whiterun going to all the stores at night and stealing everything!
I got over 2k for it at the thieves guild
Old 2011-11-19, 15:06   Link #908
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

So, I hit level 40 last night, and that's going to stay that way for a while (4 weeks)
Skyrim is very unhealthy for exams, and mine are coming up next week.

While I am not fucked over yet on my exams (I hope), I fear if I play again they will.

So far I have been blown away by the game, it just fits together so well.
I've seen things from Oblivion and Morrowind mashed together to make this game.

I've been playing as a thief / assassin mostly, I have a 30x stealth bonus multiplier so most of the time anything that gets knifed in stealth mode is a 1 hit kill. I've also stolen over 100.000 (100k) gold worth of stuff, as I got the "Golden Touch" achievement a few days ago without even noticing.
I recently became a vampire (because I always become one in elder scrolls games, as I feel it adds more difficulty) and I have been enjoying it even more.
So far staying in phase 1 vampirism has been a tremendous addition of fun.
(I actually have to make stops on my way to a city, like from riften, I need to stop in whiterun to feed in order to continue to Solitude)

After my exams I am going to do the 1000 bounty in every hold achievement + breaking out of prison for the [Wanted] achievement.

I have not completed the main quest yet (not the civil war one, and not the dragon one)

I saw people debating daggers a few pages up, I recommend you go and get Merhunes Razor, Imo the best dagger in the game.
Not because of the damage (which is like 22) but for the special magic procc on it (which never needs recharging)
And is:
Small chance to kill enemies on hit
(This works on dragons)

To wrap this post up, here's my character:

Spoiler for Argonian:

Last edited by Kaze; 2011-11-19 at 17:36.
Kaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 16:18   Link #909
Dist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Steam has a viable offline mode. Being a single player game, I'm certain Skyrim can be played offline--IIRC Steam is only needed to validate the game.
What's your point? If you're on a connection with 50-100kbps download speed, like some still seem to be at this time and age, then how is he going to download a 6GB game? It will take longer than couple days, and he said he could pick up the game from the shop on Monday. I only said to buy it online because it's cheaper and you can play it '' immediately '', but the latter clearly isn't true in this case..
Old 2011-11-19, 17:07   Link #910
Yasu_ushiromiya
Beatrice the third

I luv this game!!!!

sorry for caps, but i truly love elder scrolls, fan since i first found out of daggerfall. skyrim is good too. so much i luv it i'm making a beatrice dress mod when the creation kit is done ^.^
Yasu_ushiromiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 19:04   Link #911
Tiberium Wolf

OK. It took me a lot of time but I finally finished the Temple of Mara quest and got the Amulet of Mara. Lydia was supposed to be NPC that we can marry. I don't see any option when I am wearing the Amulet. What am I doing wrong? Condition: "Become Thane of Whiterun" -> I am already. So what am I missing?
Old 2011-11-19, 19:22   Link #912
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberium Wolf View Post
OK. It took me a lot of time but I finally finished the Temple of Mara quest and got the Amulet of Mara. Lydia was supposed to be NPC that we can marry. I don't see any option when I am wearing the Amulet. What am I doing wrong? Condition: "Become Thane of Whiterun" -> I am already. So what am I missing?
Is she following you or just in the house?

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 21:00   Link #913
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

I just found out that there is a maximum cap in damage reduction with armour (567, or 80%), which is VERY interesting.

Because according to the Wiki, assuming I have all the heavy armour perks, smithing, enchant and alchemy boosts, it is entirely possible to craft a set of steel armour+shield that reach the damage reduction cap; in short, any heavy armour set from Steel and above are viable as end-game equipment!

This must be intentional. This allows end-game armour to have more variety. I don't HAVE to wear Daedric armour if I don't want to, and I won't be penalised for it.

EDIT:
My destruction magic is maxed. But it causes an unexpected issue. As a Breton with 3 perk points spent on magic resistance, I can pretty much cast a fireball spell point blank without dying, but Lydia...

I didn't realise how crazy powerful the Fireball is until I tried to dual-cast it at an enemy in a dungeon. The explosion actually killed Lydia outright... except she was standing behind me at the time.

I now resort to chain lightning in close quarters. The radius is a little smaller. (The medium attack spells don't cut it anymore.)

Last edited by Vallen Chaos Valiant; 2011-11-19 at 21:27.
Vallen Chaos Valiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-19, 21:56   Link #914
Who

Nice find. That just means my paladin-type character can invest in steel and arcane and be completely fine. Time to reroll.
Old 2011-11-19, 22:01   Link #915
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who View Post
Nice find. That just means my paladin-type character can invest in steel and arcane and be completely fine. Time to reroll.
Warning: You would need to invest in Alchemy AND Enchant to make this possible. So unless you already were going to put peks in them to begin with, it isn't going to save you any perk points. It's complicated and not easy, look it up online.

And also, Daedric smithing still offers the best possible weapon boosts. So by not putting a perk in that you miss out on literally, the most damaging weapons in the game. But as long as you don't mind, go ahead.
Old 2011-11-19, 22:14   Link #916
Who

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
Warning: You would need to invest in Alchemy AND Enchant to make this possible. So unless you already were going to put peks in them to begin with, it isn't going to save you any perk points. It's complicated and not easy, look it up online.

And also, Daedric smithing still offers the best possible weapon boosts. So by not putting a perk in that you miss out on literally, the most damaging weapons in the game. But as long as you don't mind, go ahead.
Yeah, I've been reading up on that the past few days. Somehow, it all works out with the build I have planned, and with a follower in tow, I'm not too worried about losing out on weaponry like Daedric weapons, especially since Skyforge steel is like the equivalent of Elven/Orcish/Dwarven items.

Probably wouldn't work as much on my archer though, since he requires so much in sneak and all of the archery perks are actually rather useful in comparison to others.
Old 2011-11-19, 23:16   Link #917
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Ebony bow is 43 damage. Not very good in my opinion. Glass bow is 36 I think. Conjured Bow is 60 damage :P. I wonder if even Daedric Weapon will beat Conjured Bow. Sure enough, you can put enchants on those but in other hand, I like the 100% soul capture on the conjured weapons.

You have 70 perk points at maximum level, and it's easy to level up your character when leveling up smithing and enchanting. With that said, I do think it's worth of it if you want it. It's only 5 perk points anyway. I specialize in Destruction, Conjuration, Restoration, Sneak and Archery, and I still can afford to put points into Enchanting and Smithing because it's not like you should get all perks from each skill tree.
Legendary glass is 55 (at archer 50 through), so i guess Elbony legendary will still slightly stronger than conjured. But then investing 4 pesks onto daeric weapons does not worth it imo,since i already got dragon through light armour

Btw, there must be a good named bow is hiden in a dungeon somewhere, isn't it? Got that mask + flame thrower staffs a while back, which is really unique. So the game must scatter some good, uncraftable stuffs around the map?
Old 2011-11-20, 00:13   Link #918
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

As was the case with Oblivion, I have found Enchanting to be potentially OPed.

You can make, at most, two schools of magic cost NO MAGICKA WHATSOEVER with maxed enchant and taking the middle path perks for it. There are conveniently four pieces of clothing that can be enchanted with onne of the fortify magicka school effect, and the game yielded a 25% fortify with maxed enchant and grand soul gems. If you have the perk that puts two enchant on one piece, you can get the fortify skill in two schools. I think this is absolutely perfect if you played a heavy armored warrior who decided to take up enchanting since you can get by with base magicka to unleash your spells.

However, as I found out about this, I also found out that Destruction magic really is...well, destructive. Lydia kept dying as I unleash hell on my enemies. the only ones I can spam safely is the apprentice level spells, and the cloaks (I haven't got to see the more powerful spells). Also found out that cloak effects don't stack, shame.

Btw, I haven't came across one so I'm not sure, but is there an "absorb health" weapon enchantment in this game? Because I think that enchantment would be perfect for companions.

EDIT: btw, I haven't tried, but can weapons be upgraded past 100%? I mean, like wearing some boost smithing enchanted apparels and possibly drink one while you already have a maxed smithing? Also, is there a "boost enchantment" enchantment/potion efect in this game? lol
Old 2011-11-20, 00:39   Link #919
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
As was the case with Oblivion, I have found Enchanting to be potentially OPed.

You can make, at most, two schools of magic cost NO MAGICKA WHATSOEVER with maxed enchant and taking the middle path perks for it. There are conveniently four pieces of clothing that can be enchanted with onne of the fortify magicka school effect, and the game yielded a 25% fortify with maxed enchant and grand soul gems. If you have the perk that puts two enchant on one piece, you can get the fortify skill in two schools. I think this is absolutely perfect if you played a heavy armored warrior who decided to take up enchanting since you can get by with base magicka to unleash your spells.

However, as I found out about this, I also found out that Destruction magic really is...well, destructive. Lydia kept dying as I unleash hell on my enemies. the only ones I can spam safely is the apprentice level spells, and the cloaks (I haven't got to see the more powerful spells). Also found out that cloak effects don't stack, shame.

Btw, I haven't came across one so I'm not sure, but is there an "absorb health" weapon enchantment in this game? Because I think that enchantment would be perfect for companions.

EDIT: btw, I haven't tried, but can weapons be upgraded past 100%? I mean, like wearing some boost smithing enchanted apparels and possibly drink one while you already have a maxed smithing? Also, is there a "boost enchantment" enchantment/potion efect in this game? lol
1. Yes, destructive magic is killer to followers. I have stacked magic resistance on Lydia and she STILL keeps dying to my spells. As I pointed out earlier, it is possible for her to get killed even if she is standing behind you. So watch out and save often.
2, Yes, Absorb Health is in the game. Have fun looking for it.
3. Yes, weapons CAN be upgraded past 100% beyond Legendary. Armour upgrade is capped, but weapons are not. That's why I said Daedric Smithing offers the most powerful weapons in the game period; get the most powerful smithing potions possible together with smithing armour, and you can go to town giving your swords and axes godly stats via upgrades. This seems to be necessary if you are playing on the highest difficulty.
Old 2011-11-20, 01:00   Link #920
Tiberium Wolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by fallschirmjager View Post
Is she following you or just in the house?
She is following me. But I thought of that and released her but still no extra dialogue.

Tags
bethesda, elder scrolls, rpg, skyrim