AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2011-12-28, 02:33   Link #141
dametsuna

Well, i have one anime which its types are action, comedy, school and shounen called Kateikyoushi Hitman Reborn. although it don't have ecchi element in it, it is very nice for action anime lovers.

It has 203 episodes but it has long way to go just like naruto, one piece and bleach. Warning that the first arc are disappointing and not suggested to watch but still you need to watch as you need to know the characters.

I hope you like it.
dametsuna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 08:08   Link #142
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

I tend to prefer 12 or 24 episodes long series, due to time issues, so i'm less likely to throw myself in a sea of episodes. Also, the main theme remains romance, so if there isn't any love relation involved and such, i'm not going to watch it.

@ UT
Since you seem to put much trust in Baka to test, i'll give it a second try. I'll now continue watching Tokimeki memorial (Arrived at episode 12, and i'm liking it. It has an amagami SS feeling, probably because the male protagonist is... the same? got even similar voice)

Next will come HSDK if i'm the mood, or i'll probably switch to B&T after that. Thanks again for your suggestions.
Classified Info is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-28, 14:59   Link #143
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Tokimeki memorial and i was seriously disappointed at the end. The whole series just looked like Amagami SS for maaaany reasons, and therefore i enjoyed it. It would have climbed my classific if it had an end like one of amagami's arcs, since it was longer than the latter. Really, what the fuck, i went through 25 episodes for a phone number? Don't you find it a BIT retarded? There was everything settled for an awesome confession, followed by the ending kiss, and all he could come up with, after the girl he liked confessed, was "Can i haz ur mail address )))". Get lost, you shitter.

I actually find funny the scene of me getting mad at this. My vote would have been 9.7 if it had an ending like amagami. I'll rate it 0.3 points less tho, since it disappointed me very much.

I wonder what's wrong with the productors of these animes: why ruin such school romances with such ridiculous and kiddish ending? Bah, what a waste.

Anyway, since i noticed what is that often disappoints me in this kind of romance, i'll be clear by now: I'm looking for a romance that at least involves a kiss between the two protagonists. I shall not tolerate any titles that has kiddish or not satisfying ending. I can still like titles that, even not having a kiss, will please me for their animation or plot or emotions (Like kannagi or Angel Beats). Wtf, even in Haruhi's series there was a kiss, and it's a light novel.

Now you understand why i liked much titles like Amagami SS, Zero no Tsukaima, Akane iro, Kissxsis, toradora(even tho this was pissing until the very end) and the other titles i listed.

Now, do Baka to Test, Kimikiss, HSDK fulfill this requirement? Do they have enough romance to get to a kiss, at least? Perhaps, i'll watch again ZnT series, 2nd season.
Old 2011-12-28, 15:41   Link #144
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
Now, do Baka to Test, Kimikiss, HSDK fulfill this requirement? Do they have enough romance to get to a kiss, at least? Perhaps, i'll watch again ZnT series, 2nd season.
I'd say from the 3 titles that you mentioned, the safest pick would be Kimikiss. It has good romance and kisses at the very least.
Old 2011-12-28, 17:21   Link #145
Undertaker

Yeah, KimiKiss has a definitive end and is the closest in style with Amagami and Tokimeki Memorial. Baka to Test is very similar to To Love Ru as far as the romance side, the difference being that BakaTest outside of the triangle and the other female characters are not swarming the main male and have their own relationship. HSDK is a shounen action title albeit with more emphasis on the romance side.

As for kiss or not, that really is more of cultural thing. Despite being fairly open on sex, Japan remains a country that appreciated the "pure" side of a relationship, and because of that many of their romance work remain platonic, minimal physical affair.
Old 2011-12-28, 17:33   Link #146
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Currently watching Kimikiss, and i think i'm gonna love it. Finally found good syncronized streams. Graphic and all is totally fine. I had caught some shit video that looked like it had 90's graphic or something. That really discouraged me. Going for the 4th episode now. Thanks for suggesting.
Old 2011-12-28, 18:01   Link #147
Undertaker

but really, if you want more of romance anime where there is definitive end, Shojo style is the way to go. I mean, you were fine with Kaichou wa Maid-sama and that was a while ago, so maybe now you could give titles like Lovely Complex or Kimi ni Todoke and aother try as well.
Old 2011-12-29, 08:27   Link #148
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching Kimikiss Pure Rouge and it just was the perfect anime i was looking for. Perhaps i was. It contained ANYTHING i wanted it to contain:
It was settled totally at school, it had cute girls with actually some breasts, the girls had very different personalities (Hot headed, shy, cold-lonely, athlete) it had cool male protagonists (that weren't assholes), the plot was normal and very close to reality, perhaps very plausible, it contained romance, the drama was genuine and coming from unrequited love or jealousy episodes, it contained kisses, it had a very happy ending without hurting too much the girls left apart, it had its funny filler characters, the graphic was totally fine (loved erico)... It just had everything i was looking for, everything. And i seriously have nothing to complain about this anime, it's just a 10/10 according to my requirements.

However, finishing this title i noticed that i wasn't moved at all by this anime or perhaps surprised. From the very first episode i planned the most probable ending, and i was actually right. The whole time, instead of enjoying the anime, i've been wondering: "Let's see how the authors will kick out the other girl/boy from the love triangle, since the ending is surely this". If i had watched this anime before, when i was unexperienced, i would have enjoyed it to full, but gathering experience all around with all those titles, I became too predictive and always tried to guess the ending, and that's just normal, since these school animes all have similar setting with similar characters and episodes (Childhood friend, girl living at boy's house, beach episode, cultural festival episode...). But i still cannot complain, because i had been looking for it the whole time.

Now i know why i loved animes like Haruhi Suzumiya no Yutsu or Angel Beats: they contained some sort of hidden romance with supernatural scenario and really interesting lives. Same goes for Zero no Tsukaima: boy summoned to a new world by a super cute tsundere. Also, ZnT was very funny, contained much ecchi, and i loved the romance. I liked Boku wa Tomodachi because of the graphic i guess and the plot: it was very light, was really funny and entertaining and was developing some background romance.

Perhaps, i no longer know what i'm looking for. I found the perfect title that fit my requirements, but happened to know i was no longer looking for that. I think i was looking for an anime containing interesting life, even tho i stated many times i was looking for a normal story, and if you actually take a close look at the titles i liked, they all contained a boy with a surely interesting life.

I don't know if there are any titles left hat fit this requirement now... Oh well, i can only be thankful to you for what you've done so far. I think i'll kill the time reading Boku wa manga.
Old 2011-12-29, 10:26   Link #149
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Hmm... maybe it’s time for you to have a little variation. But maybe not too much ? Ok, let’s see what other titles I can give you. Some of these may have been recommended before. You can check these out after you finish Boku wa manga. No hurry, just take it easy.

Inukami!
Spoiler for pic & info:

Dance in the Vampire Bund
Spoiler for pic & info:

D.N.Angel
Spoiler for pic & info:

Magikano
Spoiler for pic & info:

Kamisama Kazoku
Spoiler for pic & info:

Lamune: Garasu Bin ni Utsuru Umi
Spoiler for pic & info:

Midori no Hibi
Spoiler for pic & info:

Iriya no Sora, UFO no Natsu
Spoiler for pic & info:

Popotan
Spoiler for pic & info:

Tactical Roar
Spoiler for pic & info:

School Rumble
Spoiler for pic & info:
Old 2011-12-29, 13:10   Link #150
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Just from where the fuck did all these titles pop out? Just so you know, i'm appealed by every of them.

I think i'll start with Dance in the Vampire Bund. Thank you very much, you just revived my passion in watching animes.

EDIT
HEY HEY WAIT... Oreimo, it got suggested, and it looks like i dropped it because the girl had ugly round ears... But there is something wrong... i just checked some SS, and the girl's art design is fine... then what the fuck is wrong? I surely did a mistake there... what was the title that i actually skipped that had a blonde sister with ugly round ears and ugly graphic?

Ah, it looks like i'm going to pick up some titles that got skipped for no reason...

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-29 at 14:47.
Old 2011-12-29, 15:23   Link #151
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classified Info View Post
EDIT
HEY HEY WAIT... Oreimo, it got suggested, and it looks like i dropped it because the girl had ugly round ears... But there is something wrong... i just checked some SS, and the girl's art design is fine... then what the fuck is wrong? I surely did a mistake there... what was the title that i actually skipped that had a blonde sister with ugly round ears and ugly graphic?

Ah, it looks like i'm going to pick up some titles that got skipped for no reason...
The blonde sister with ugly round ears is from Oniichan no Koto Nanka Zenzen Suki ja Nain Dakara ne. As far as I can remember, you stopped watching Oreimo since you said that there will be no romantic development between the two main characters. Also, you felt somewhat uncomfortable since they really are brother and sister related by blood. So, yeah, maybe it's time to give it another shot.
Old 2011-12-29, 17:11   Link #152
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Ye i'm currently watching it. I actually like very much the male protagonist, he's just totally fine and perhaps there might be some romance with someone else beside his sister. But even beside that, i'm enjoying it, it contains many funny moments so i'm okay with it.
Old 2011-12-29, 20:37   Link #153
Elegance

:O i just finished Oreimo.

Also a pretty old one but maybe Chobits?
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-29, 22:37   Link #154
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished Oreimo, and i enjoyed it. I took it lightly, just like i should have done, and it entertained me. The boy was cool, and reminded me of Kyon in some traits. I wasn't expecting any romance developing, but it was a pleasant show, just like FMP: fumoffu. I'd rate it something near 8.5.

Finished watching Dance in the vampire bund, and i liked it. It gave an Hidan no Aria feeling, with action and romance combined. To be honest, the story was a bit sudden, there are some blank spots and things i haven't got clear(that are surely covered in the manga/novel/whatever), the animation reminded me of Bakemonogatari (Red/black/white/blue cuts), and all that focusing on the eyes or other perspectives and quite the same amount of violence perhaps. The blonde girl is sure flat chested eh, but i can get over it, since she was cute. Tbh, i thought episode 7 would have fit as the last episode, even tho what happened there wasn't that clear to me. The ending was happy, but i'm of the opinion that without reading the manga/novel you just cannot understand this anime to full.

The tones were quite heavy, considering it was a vampire romance, and later on it just reminded me of bakemonogatari. It had a good amount of violence in it, flying arms, fist stabbing with blood fountains, and other gruesome things. Ah still, i didn't have the pleasure to experience that princess in those clothes in the anime. Those screenshots are just beyond what the anime can offer. Too much appealing haha. Anyways, i liked the romance in it. If the story was a lighter, perhaps on the lines of Hidan no Aria, this title would stand in my top5. I'd rate it <9.

I'm planning to watch:
Inukami
Magikano
Kamisama Kazoku
School Rumble

Last edited by Classified Info; 2011-12-30 at 00:31.
Old 2011-12-31, 12:54   Link #155
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Finished watching episode 8 of Magikano, and i kinda understood the point of this anime, after all this time: basically, it's a comedy about girls who fight over some useless guy who is only formally the protagonist. I thought that being built on such plot it would have included action, adventure, touching moments, romance, but it really isn't like that. They just introduce you to the plot and then the story plays around random peaceful boring days (maybe not so boring, but still peaceful and mindless days, with no worries at all).

Perhaps i may have to switch to hentai titles if i really want some more "interaction", even tho i wasn't looking exactly for it. I'll make another topic.
Old 2011-12-31, 13:06   Link #156
Elegance

Im starting to watch this but also maybe Mashiroiro Symphony
Elegance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-31, 14:04   Link #157
Redoaxe
ツンデレ。。。?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elegance View Post
Im starting to watch this but also maybe Mashiroiro Symphony
I second Mashiroiro Symphony

And I'll say it again.. give Steins;gate a chance, I think you will like it.
Old 2011-12-31, 14:32   Link #158
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Classified Info, you haven’t watch Steins;Gate yet? I thought you already tried it. If you haven’t, then I second Redoaxe’s suggestion to watch it. Also, I third Elegance’s rec coz Mashiroiro Symphony also has potential.
Old 2011-12-31, 17:32   Link #159
Undertaker

Mashiroiro Symphony would be a good one to try.
Old 2012-01-01, 06:15   Link #160
Classified Info
I miss Haruhi

Passing by

Ye, i had forgotten Steins:Gate. Oh well, i'll first watch Mashiroiro Symphony and then S:G. Thank you for the suggestions.

EDIT
I just noticed that Mashiroiro Symphony had already been suggested and that it was already on my list. However, since at that time it had just began, i was waiting for it to end. Thank you for reminding me.

Last edited by Classified Info; 2012-01-01 at 09:57.