AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-06-23, 11:13   Link #821
evil|plushie
The Last Frontier

The sum of money isn't a small amount. It's quite literally a bag of gold/cash. And this seems to be the usual payment. How do they expect the weak underclass; which is where most of the victims to come from, to come up with such money if not through questionable means?

http://sining83.blogspot.com
evil|plushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 13:47   Link #822
Iron Maw
Banned

Okay I think we are assuming a little too much based on that woman. To begin with I'm sure prostitution was not necessary unless she really wanted the money that badly. She was desperate and driven by revenge and rather that work up money in a year or 2 in a decent job, but took this instead. This was not something NR forced on her, it was her decision. She could have went after Ogre herself during his off-duty hours (when he was drunk) if she wanted.

NR isn't a charity nor is it exclusively open to the poor. They're part of an anti-imperial force who's main mission is weaken the Empire little by little and gather intel under the direction of the Rebel Army with what limited resources they have. Their line of work is already dangerous made only more so by these side missions. Tatsumi himself nearly died in fight against Ogre and they just lost Schere in one of these requests. It's high risk job that require high pay, like most assassins for hire. They're not out to solve everybody's problems nor can they. NR can only give temporary relief to masses that's within their means until Revolution Army can move.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-06-23 at 15:09.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:04   Link #823
Soji

Iron Maw@ Agree with this. I think was pretty clear this part ,with what they explain in the manga itself.
Although i find pretty funny that some people question about Nr and that they take money and let Esdes and Seyriu get away with they deed or not say something about what they do. Hell the same can be say about Kurome after re-read i think she know full well as well about the empire and yet she just enjoy do what she do.
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:19   Link #824
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Despite we understand, we still find the pain. Prostitution wasn't always so dark as depicted in today's culture, it used to be a respectable position. Wish I was kidding, when I was taking World History in my first semester of college I read about all types cultures and it included prostitution. During the middle ages, the Roman Catholic Church tolerated prostitution despite saying any sexual activities out of marriage is sinful. They allowed it because they believe it would dispel the evils of lust which include Rape, Sodomy (Oral), and Masturbation. In the history of Asian countries, Oirans (Courtesans) where prostitution went to new heights which include the arts of poetry, dancing, calligraphy, music, and well of course sexual activities though sometimes they were not included. Back then they were treated as Royals, some of the famous ones can influence Warlords. In Greece, the practice of Prostitution was called sacred prostitution which was sexual activities in Temples as for worship to the gods. In folklore, it been said it given birth to some of the princes of Hell. Time has change of course where prostitution becoming incredibly dark.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:45   Link #825
Soji

Reaper@ I know what you mean and I agree.Call me naive or what you guys want ,but i always thought that *do that* is something that you have to do with only some one you really love and trust.Is not something you do with everyone ,though I know pretty well that in our time is not this big deal anymore(at least for most people).So you can understand from this that I'm really again rape and prostitution.Although i can understand why that woman do that to gain the money to hire NR.And I think Tatsumi and the other have understand this as well and that's why Tatsumi have that kind of face that time and decide that he want do the mission(other ,because the other thing he said).
Old 2012-06-23, 15:50   Link #826
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Iron Maw@ Agree with this. I think was pretty clear this part ,with what they explain in the manga itself.
Although i find pretty funny that some people question about Nr and that they take money and let Esdes and Seyriu get away with they deed or not say something about what they do. Hell the same can be say about Kurome after re-read i think she know full well as well about the empire and yet she just enjoy do what she do.
I don't think there anyone saying they need to get away anything though. Rather that there is no one who's clean in this series especially just going be deeds. NR also knows full what they doing isn't moral or ethical despite the noble intentions. Both sides have done some not so great things to achieve their ideals.

@Reaper Kingx, Eh, this all well and nice, but that doesn't have much to do with the current conversation which is about morality of NR. In this case NR would be best described as "Anti-Heros", much some of those in Jaeger are Anti-Villains. I don't think is much more to it then that.
Old 2012-06-23, 15:54   Link #827
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Generally Nightraid accepts Reality they are living, it is really not all cut and dry as some people say it. We call it innocence, where some people believe Heroes are like Superman. Nightraid are basically the opposite well they shared some characteristics with each other, and I agree on all points made by Soji. Sometimes you have to use all means to perform your duty, even if it is in a shade of Grey.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 15:54   Link #828
Soji

Iron Maw@ True. That's why I always say depends they cross the line and enjoy do so.
Well if you look on twtropes they are described like that. Though say that all or some of the Jaeger are Anti-Villian is a little too much.XD I don't remember Anti -villian title where Esdes ,Kurome and Syriuu would fit in. Though I do agree that Wave is Anti-villian for sure. I remember one title from Anti-villian where he would fit pretty well.

Last edited by Soji; 2012-06-23 at 16:07.
Old 2012-06-23, 16:20   Link #829
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Iron Maw@ True. That's why I always say depends they cross the line and enjoy do so.
Well if you look on twtropes they are described like that. Though say that all or some of the Jaeger are Anti-Villian is a little too much.XD I don't remember Anti -villian title where Esdes ,Kurome and Syriuu would fit in. Though I do agree that Wave is Anti-villian.
I can certainly see Anti Villains qualities in those characters or at least Esdese. If you're just calling her a monster that's bluntly ignoring all the characterization she's been given and simplifying her to match your view. Yes she loves war, battle, and carnage, but she is also surprising charismatic, honest, compassionate and generous. She not good person nor is she a mustache twirling twit.

As for Seryuu, outside her Knight Templar tendencies she wouldn't be that bad. Very misguided (If not brainwashed) but it's not she will like kill you on spot for looking at her funny. She been well meaning in her community for the citizens like with Tatsumi.

Kurome at this point isn't much different than what Akame was like when she still an Imperial assassin. She has brought as Assassin it's natural that killing wouldn't bother her. I'd say her mind-set is way it because she doesn't know much beyond that.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-06-23 at 16:32.
Old 2012-06-23, 16:34   Link #830
Soji

Iron Maw@ Wait no get me wrong. I said I don't know what *kind of anti-villian* she and the other would be . No that she is only a monster.
You know that from what you know about a Character you can say she /he is grade 1,2 ,3 ecc type Anti -Villian /hero. I was just wondering where Esdes,Kurome and Syriuu would fit in. That's all. No that Esdes is only a monster ,though you had to admit that she is evens selfish. And before you answer that i do agree with what you say ...but she is also Selfish we see this with River from how she answer him .

Also the example about Akame and Kurome is a little off. Is true both are assasin and akame was doing the same thing at Kurome do when she was with the empire. But from what I see the difference between the 2 are. Akame seem just do her job she don't seem enjoy killing. While Kurome does hell she even sing. For the rest , I agree with you.
Old 2012-06-23, 17:05   Link #831
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Iron Maw@ Wait no get me wrong. I said I don't know what *kind of anti-villian* she and the other would be . No that she is only a monster.
You know that from what you know about a Character you can say she /he is grade 1,2 ,3 ecc type Anti -Villian /hero. I was just wondering where Esdes,Kurome and Syriuu would fit in. That's all. No that Esdes is only a monster ,though you had to admit that she is evens selfish. And before you answer that i do agree with what you say ...but she is also Selfish we see this with River from how she answer him .
I wouldn't call her freeing River out jail and giving him power to do whatever he wanted selfish. In fact her only condition was for him join her army. She certainly does have her moments of selfishness though (kidnapping Tatsumi) but no doubt she meant everything she said about taking care of him and protecting his family. Even training him is more for his benefit than hers.

Quote:
Also the example about Akame and Kurome is a little off. Is true both are assasin and akame was doing the same thing at Kurome do when she was with the empire. But from what I see the difference between the 2 are. Akame seem just do her job she don't seem enjoy killing. While Kurome does hell she even sing. For the rest , I agree with you.
We have not seen what Akame was like in her old Imperial Assassin days so you can't actually be sure of this. Even if she wasn't, Akame was still doing the same thing as Kurome so the results are the same. We don't know what happened to change Akame (outside meeting Najenda) but we do know Kurome. didn't have that chance.
Old 2012-06-23, 17:35   Link #832
Avaricia
My Lord

Akame Ga Kill! chapter 21 is now up on http://www.batoto.net/read/_/110013/..._animum-mutare

Enjoy
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 17:36   Link #833
Soji

Iron Maw@ I don't say her free him was selfish. I mean .......
Spoiler for ch 14:

I put the pag under spoiler because is big.
Anyway re-read the last part ,you see her answer to him? I think that line show that she can be pretty selfish when she want.
Quote:
but no doubt she meant everything she said about taking care of him and protecting his family. Even training him is more for his benefit than hers.
I don't deny this.We already see how she is toward her man's .Plus even if I hate her *S* side and the other bad thing she does. I can deny her good side and if she say/promise something then she will do that. She had her pride and seem to me she is someone that hate go back on her word.

Quote:
We have not seen what Akame was like in her old Imperial Assassin days so you can't actually be sure of this. Even if she wasn't, Akame was still doing the same thing as Kurome so the results are the same. We don't know what happened to change Akame (outside meeting Najenda) but we do know Kurome. didn't have that chance
Because that it's her style and the way she is. I doubt she was different on how she is in NR( i mean the way she kill and what she think about that).Is not something that you really change. Is part of you.
Also for me the way they act to gain that result can change my opionion toward them .While the result is the same ,if they enjoy kill is a big deal.

deadlystrike@ Thank's for the info.I was waiting to read ch 21.
Old 2012-06-23, 17:39   Link #834
Avaricia
My Lord

sorry for this non topic but Chapter 21 ROFL Susanoo looks like Lambo in KHM serious appearance version
Avaricia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-23, 18:01   Link #835
Soji

deadlystrike@ Yeah I was suprise when I read his name. So he is a human teigu or something similar or his teigu his part of him. I'm a little confuse about this. Though I like read the part when they kill the doctor. So was Tatsumi to point out to Akame where she can cut him ,i thought from the raw ,that she was the one to chose where attack.
Old 2012-06-23, 18:17   Link #836
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Iron Maw@ I don't say her free him was selfish. I mean .......
Spoiler for ch 14:

I put the pag under spoiler because is big.
Anyway re-read the last part ,you see her answer to him? I think that line show that she can be pretty selfish when she want.
That's less selfish and more the truth. She's a general, plus she has major clout with PM.

Quote:
Because that it's her style and the way she is. I doubt she was different on how she is in NR( i mean the way she kill and what she think about that).Is not something that you really change. Is part of you.
Also for me the way they act to gain that result can change my opionion toward them .While the result is the same ,if they enjoy kill is a big deal.
We'll just agree to disagree here. Will know soon enough when her backstory is shown in more detail.

Quote:
deadlystrike@ Yeah I was suprise when I read his name. So he is a human teigu or something similar or his teigu his part of him. I'm a little confuse about this. Though I like read the part when they kill the doctor. So was Tatsumi to point out to Akame where she can cut him ,i thought from the raw ,that she was the one to chose where attack.
Susanoo is basically kinda like the human version Kuro, he seems practically indestructible.

Anyway very good chapter, too bad we didn't see the new girl in action though.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2012-06-23 at 20:26.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:28   Link #837
Valky
Radioactive

Just read chapter 21.

What? He died just like that? His death hold no significance meaning whatsoever, other than returning the scissor.
Old 2012-06-24, 01:47   Link #838
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
That's less selfish and more the truth. She's a general, plus she has major clout with PM.
Well yeah. I don't deny that she even explain ths to River .My point is that she can explain like she do after that line in the first place. Or use another kind of line ,i no deny what you say mind you.
Quote:
We'll just agree to disagree here. Will know soon enough when her backstory is shown in more detail.
That's true.Until now we know a little about her from Leona (when she say that to Tatsumi in ch 3) and that the boss was the one to make her switch side. And that Akame grow in the wild always from leona.

Quote:
Susanoo is basically kinda like the human version Kuro, he seems practically indestructible.
Thank's now is more clear. Wait but if he is like Kuro this mean he had a core somehow. If I recall right the core is like they heart.Destroy that one and they can't regenerate their body or at least that's what they explain some time ago.

Quote:
Anyway very good chapter, too bad we didn't see the new girl in action though.
Well like the boss said was dangerous for them to go down. So Susanoo was the only one able to help.

Quote:
Just read chapter 21.

What? He died just like that? His death hold no significance meaning whatsoever, other than returning the scissor.
You mean the doctor or the one that have the scissor at that time? Because the doctor do show us NR team work especially Tatsumi and Akame. I was suprise she trust him to this point if he fail to catch her after she cut the doctor would have been pretty bad for her especially see the way she was falling.

Edit :Also ch 22 out.
Also the foreshadowing in the end is pretty scary.I suppose that minus Tatsumi and Akame that need to finish the job
Spoiler for spoiler:
Seem to me that this ch really make the whole side part clear especially with what Esdes say to Syriuu.

Last edited by Soji; 2012-06-24 at 02:44.
Old 2012-06-24, 02:51   Link #839
Xacual

I don't really understand why people think Akame is immune to death flags just because her name is in the title. She could always die in the last chapter or something.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-06-24, 02:53   Link #840
Soji

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xacual View Post
I don't really understand why people think Akame is immune to death flags just because her name is in the title. She could always die in the last chapter or something.
I don't say she is immune . I say that probally her and tatsumi are the last one alive to finish the job. But the way the author wrote that part* 8 people remain* seem to me that all of them will die in the end.
Is like a countdown to zero.

Tags
action, blood and gore, crazy author, dead protagonist, death, edgy, fantasy, happiness?, revolution, sadistic author, shounen, tragedy, we're all gonna die!