AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-12-03, 12:13   Link #1981
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
I'm kind of thinking that St. Gloriana wasn't actually using its best tanks during their friendly with Ooarai, as people have noted the Crusader they had. I'm half-expecting some Centurions as well, which they might field against Black Forest.

But yeah, these are sure some lopsided odds.
Old 2012-12-03, 12:16   Link #1982
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Oh hey T-34/85. Those 85mm guns will just eat through the armor of their tanks.

I assume the IS-2 will be the flag tank for them and the KV-2 will be at the back throwing mortars around.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:28   Link #1983
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

Looks like Blackforest will be facing St. Gloriana. We know who the winners will be.

Oh Lord, may thy mercy be upon Darjeeling.

Pravda will be facing Oorai eventually, but I was really hoping for a rematch between Pravda and Black Forest. But, having Oorai's apparent crap tanks going up against Pravda would be quite entertaining... no?

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:42   Link #1984
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm kind of thinking that St. Gloriana wasn't actually using its best tanks during their friendly with Ooarai, as people have noted the Crusader they had. I'm half-expecting some Centurions as well, which they might field against Black Forest.

But yeah, these are sure some lopsided odds.
Isn't Centurion like.....not WWII?
Old 2012-12-03, 12:43   Link #1985
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Isn't Centurion like.....not WWII?
Nah, the tanks actually made it just a month before World War II in Europe ended.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.

Last edited by Tak; 2012-12-03 at 12:58.
Old 2012-12-03, 12:46   Link #1986
Marina2

Wait, Does this mean Black Forest can field even more than 15 tanks if they want???

Future looks so dark for Miho and her teams.......
Old 2012-12-03, 12:49   Link #1987
Zaku_II
1st Scouting Group

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
Nah, the tanks actually made it just a month before World War II in Europe ended.

- tak
But the Centurion MK I of WW2 was less reliable, had less turret armour and had "only" a 17 pdr gun (not the 20 pdr or 105mm L7 of 50s and 60s), the british considered the Centurion equivalent to the Panther G.
Zaku_II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:50   Link #1988
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Spoiler for BEST SCENE OF THE EPISODE:

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:54   Link #1989
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Spoiler for My God:
Wait, what? I thought the limit was 10. *checks* Oh wait, she said during the first round. So what, you're allowed to zerg rush during later rounds? If you can field 100 tanks do you just flip off your opponents and laugh?
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:56   Link #1990
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
-Snip-
Oy oy oy.. this series is just getting more and more awesome. WTF!?

Outlook is brilliant
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 12:57   Link #1991
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
the british considered the Centurion equivalent to the Panther G.
Which is good enough to stand up to either the German or Soviet heavies

Do they have a choice?

Besides, the Tiger P was just as unreliable, but I guess 'reliability' is not part of the game here.

And I knew they were going to do "KATYUSHA", I mean... name was a big hint

Now, is Maho going to do Panzerlied? Female version? Rie Tanaka is a capable singer, but she doing the Panzerlied would be...

- Tak

Last edited by Tak; 2012-12-03 at 13:10.
Old 2012-12-03, 13:05   Link #1992
FRS
Lurker on the threshold

LoL that was something to see/ear, on the other hand i wonder how Miho is going to pull a win against this team.
FRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 13:19   Link #1993
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
That was the most badass thing to come out of this show so far
Old 2012-12-03, 13:26   Link #1994
Tak

You guys are making me want to get the soundtrack so much now...

- Tak

Old 2012-12-03, 13:30   Link #1995
4Tran

Quote:
Well, in Yukari's little spying attempt, it was revealed that Saunders had a lot more tanks than just the variety of Shermans they fielded. Apparently, nobody bothered bringing in tank destroyers, which Saunders had legions of.

And I suspect they have more than one Firefly, as well.
The problem is that Yukari also said outright that Saunders didn't win because of superior tactics. This implies that either they win by either using superior quality or numbers. Neither of these exist against Pravda. Even if they field tank destroyers, they'll still have to be good at employing them. On other hand, we know that Pravda uses good tactics from seeing that pretty ambush against Miho. I guess that's why they're the champs.

Quote:
I can see why Black Forest was considered to be the champs just based on specs alone...

- Tak
Black Forest seems to field Pz. IIIs and a couple of Tiger Is. Are you sure they're better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Maybe Comets or (fingers crossed) Archers, but Centurions are a bit overkill. If St. Gloriana isn't using Fireflies, then they won't have any Achilles either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaku_II View Post
But the Centurion MK I of WW2 was less reliable, had less turret armour and had "only" a 17 pdr gun (not the 20 pdr or 105mm L7 of 50s and 60s), the british considered the Centurion equivalent to the Panther G.
The early Centurions aren't as good as the later models, but they're still quite a bit better than other World War II tanks.

Quote:
[SPOILER="BEST SCENE OF THE EPISODE"]
Well, I suppose we now have a new best team. It's great to see them really get into the spirit of things! And it's Cure Peace doing what she obviously loves!

Quote:
Now, is Maho going to do Panzerlied? Female version? Rie Tanaka is a capable singer, but she doing the Panzerlied would be...

- Tak
Panzerlied is an inferior song though. And yes, I just watched that scene from "The Battle of the Bulge". Besides, the problem with Black Forest is that they don't have very much fun. If Miho was at Pravda a year ago, she'd have never left.

Quote:
You guys are making me want to get the soundtrack so much now...

- Tak
The amusing part is that the best music pieces aren't even original compositions.
Old 2012-12-03, 13:37   Link #1996
Marina2

Quote:
I have been listening to this for 10 times+ now.

So, beautiful~
Old 2012-12-03, 13:40   Link #1997
Tak

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
On other hand, we know that Pravda uses good tactics from seeing that pretty ambush against Miho. I guess that's why they're the champs.
I think we know too little from that incident to make a judgment yet. That and Miho did abandon tank prematurely.

Quote:
Black Forest seems to field Pz. IIIs and a couple of Tiger Is. Are you sure they're better?
Are those the only tanks fielded by Black Forest? We don't know it. Just as we don't know the exact composition of Pravda's battalion until now.

They were champions for the past 9 games consecutively, and hinted to have gone against Pravda on a very frequent basis until the latest one involving Miho's incident. They obviously done something right.

Quote:
Maybe Comets or (fingers crossed) Archers, but Centurions are a bit overkill. If St. Gloriana isn't using Fireflies, then they won't have any Achilles either.
I am pretty sure we will be able to see an episode where Gloriana go against Black Forest in the Semi-Finals. It'd be an interesting watch, and here is to hoping Darjeeling would be able to acquire a graceful exit.

Quote:
Panzerlied is an inferior song though... If Miho was at Pravda a year ago, she'd have never left.
Personally, I dig Prussian Marches much, much more... but thats just me.

Quote:
The amusing part is that the best music pieces aren't even original compositions.
Which ones?

- Tak

Old 2012-12-03, 13:52   Link #1998
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Which ones?

- Tak
British Grenadiers, Battle Hymn of the Republic and The Caissons Go Rolling Along?

Also, youtube version of that adorably awesome scene:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

I want the full version now!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-03, 13:55   Link #1999
Tak

Quote:
British Grenadiers, Battle Hymn of the Republic and The Caissons Go Rolling Along?
I think I misunderstood his question. I thought he said the best pieces were original compositions, so I wondered which ones.

Obvious misreading on my part.

- Tak

Old 2012-12-03, 13:55   Link #2000
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Panzerlied? Eh...I rather Lilie Marleen or Erika

Tags
comedy, gup, original anime, slice of life, sports, tanks