AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Monster

Notices

Old 2004-06-02, 03:17   Link #1
stanksauce

Monster - Q & A

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Monster anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Monster which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

hey all..im new to the monster scene and i was wondering when it airs in japan... im pretty hooked man...thanks

Last edited by xris; 2007-11-23 at 17:53. Reason: Added thread guidelines
stanksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-02, 05:22   Link #2
ElvenPath
a step away from heaven

It airs every wednesday morning at 0:40pm JST (Japanese Standard Time, GMT +9).
Old 2004-06-02, 06:21   Link #3
stpehen
kisses for all

It's actually Tuesday morning (in Japan it's labelled Monday Night 24:40)

EDIT: I appear to have been given erroneous information, the other people in the thread are right.

EDIT AGAIN
[01:27] <ChrisKern> sorry if I made it seem like it was monday night
[01:31] <flyingrobots> yeah somebody on animesuki was asking when they aired and somebody said tuesday 24:20 and i was all like "nuh uh you're WRONG it's monday 24:40" and then i was consequently proven wrong several times
[01:31] <ChrisKern> :(
[01:31] <ChrisKern> sorry

Last edited by stpehen; 2004-06-08 at 00:37.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-03, 21:41   Link #4
J´GLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by stanksauce
hey all..im new to the monster scene and i was wondering when it airs in japan... im pretty hooked man...thanks

it's wednesday morning 12:40 am (labeled in japan tuesday 24:40) here is the tv schedule in tokyo area http://east.sakura.ne.jp/aniba/ae040529.htm
J´GLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-07, 02:58   Link #5
stanksauce

man i need me some monster startin to crack out hahah anybody else gettin antsy?
stanksauce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-08, 00:03   Link #6
avmoghe

soldats just released 6-9.. going to watch all four right now

monster 10 should be airing in a couple of days
avmoghe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-09, 20:15   Link #7
J´GLF

Quote:
Originally Posted by stpehen
It's actually Tuesday morning (in Japan it's labelled Monday Night 24:40)

EDIT: I appear to have been given erroneous information, the other people in the thread are right.

EDIT AGAIN
[01:27] <ChrisKern> sorry if I made it seem like it was monday night
[01:31] <flyingrobots> yeah somebody on animesuki was asking when they aired and somebody said tuesday 24:20 and i was all like "nuh uh you're WRONG it's monday 24:40" and then i was consequently proven wrong several times
[01:31] <ChrisKern>
[01:31] <ChrisKern> sorry

hehehe, don't feel so bad about it, anybody can make a mistake especially with those weird after midnight tv schedules
J´GLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 20:00   Link #8
Ratix

Send a message via AIM to Ratix Send a message via MSN to Ratix
Something is bothering me... <Spoilers>

If I'm not wrong, Johaan and Anna are adopted by the Liebert couple? If so, everything starts to makes sense..

But then again, when Johaan and Anna disappeared from the hospital, why didn't anyone inform the officials about them? Considering they ended up at the Fortner couple...
Ratix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 20:13   Link #9
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ratix
If I'm not wrong, Johaan and Anna are adopted by the Liebert couple? If so, everything starts to makes sense..

But then again, when Johaan and Anna disappeared from the hospital, why didn't anyone inform the officials about them? Considering they ended up at the Fortner couple...
Just wait and learn, my friend
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-10, 22:48   Link #10
Ratix

O.. Ok. So it'll be revealed later in the series? Ooooo
*Kicks BT*
Download faster god dammit >_>
Old 2004-07-11, 15:04   Link #11
JubeiYamazaki

Send a message via AIM to JubeiYamazaki
That's why I love Naoki Ursawa stories, the simplist questions have the biggest spoilers. But every question you'll ever have will get answered... eventually.
JubeiYamazaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-07-16, 15:06   Link #12
Fighter Volk
Thanks sakurabatou @ LJ

Quote:
Originally Posted by JubeiYamazaki
That's why I love Naoki Ursawa stories, the simplist questions have the biggest spoilers. But every question you'll ever have will get answered... eventually.
Like, in 20th Century Boys...

Spoiler for 20th Century boys, all volumes:
Fighter Volk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-08, 21:10   Link #13
Ratix

When is monster shown in Japan?

Just curious, which day?
Old 2004-09-08, 22:09   Link #14
wao
OK.

Tuesdays at 12:40 am on Nippon TV (or something like that).
Old 2004-09-11, 03:03   Link #15
Initialize

12:40 am.... ouch, not quite primetime.
Initialize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 04:20   Link #16
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

Hey, that is primetime... for anime. Lots of great anime shows air in the middle of the night. At least it is better than Wolf's Rain. Wolf's Rain aired at 2:25 am, or as it is known in Japan 26:25. Horrible, eh?

VCR is pretty much the only way to watch anime in Japan.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 08:01   Link #17
IntegraTypeR

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa
Hey, that is primetime... for anime. Lots of great anime shows air in the middle of the night. At least it is better than Wolf's Rain. Wolf's Rain aired at 2:25 am, or as it is known in Japan 26:25. Horrible, eh?

VCR is pretty much the only way to watch anime in Japan.
Eh! Only time I watch anime is before bed. 2am - 4am.......
IntegraTypeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-11, 16:46   Link #18
LynnieS

For awhile now, "Monster" has been pushed back by 30 minutes here in Tokyo, so it sometimes airs at 01:10 instead. Doesn't happen every week - think it's baseball-related - though, and the TV schedules don't show the time change. Try setting up your recorder on a schedule, and finding out that you recorded a variety show instead. Not a bad show, however.

But a VCR? Too 20th century...

Currently listening: Nadda
Currently reading: Procrastination for the win!
Currently playing: "Quest of D", "Border Break" and "Gundam Senjou no Kizuna".
Waiting for: "Shining Force Cross"!
LynnieS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-12, 00:09   Link #19
wao
OK.

Bah, silly baseball games. But going by anime I"d still say this is a perfectly normal slot for anime to be in, heh... Though of course 2-3am is a worse slot.... You still get some anime with good slots though, though they're mostly uber-popular anime...

Just based on moonphase lemme see what has primetime slots..

Onmyou Taisenki - looks like another kid's show blah thingy... Just click the link and you'd understand. 6:00 TV Tokyo
Bouken-ou Beet - popular (and IMO, rather stupid-looking) Jump manga -> anime. 6:30 TV Tokyo

School RUmble - Okay, I don't know what this is doing at 6:00, also on TV TOkyo
Bleach - I imagine that it's hugely popular. Anotehr JUMP manga -> anime, isn't it? 6:30 TV Tokyo

Yugioh Duel Masters GX - duh. Again at 6:30 on TV Tokyo. (Note all this 6:00 and 6:30 stuff is on different days!)

Gundam Seed DESTINY - again, kind of obvious. 6:00 on TBS. Though I'm a bit surprise.d..

Black Jack - Osamu Tezuka manga. 7:00 on Nippon TV...

Yakitate Japan - if I'm not wrong it's fairly popular too. 7:00 TV Tokyo.

MAJOR, Shounen Sunday manga on baseball now an anime. If it's got a whopping 49 volumes I imagine it's popular. 6:00 on NHK Kyouiku...

Other currently running anime with what I think are primetime slots would be FMA (6:00 TBS), SD Gundam Force (6:00 TV Tokyo), Kenran Butou Sai (6:30 TV Tokyo), Shura no Toki (6:00 TV Tokyo), Mujin Wakusei Survive (7:30 NHK Kyouiku), Agatha Christie's Great Detectives Marple & Poirot (7:30 NHK Sougou and NHK-Hi - that explains the hi quality raws and perhaps the very high popularity it got on its first airing)...

Of course I'm largely making predictions and assumptions, I've never lived in Japan so what do I know....

I suppose Monster doesn't have such a primetime slot because the manga ended some time ago? They really should have made it earlier... and reduced the number of eps... oh well, let's all hope for a 20CB movie or something...
Old 2004-09-12, 01:01   Link #20
stpehen
kisses for all

Monster doesn't have a primetime slot because it is neither a huge merchandising gimmick (Yugioh), nor a hot Jump or Sunday title (Bleach, Beet, Yakitate, Major), nor a legendary anime franchise (Gundam), nor a classic work known to several generations (Black Jack).

Most all mature/sophisticated shows end up being shown after midnight.
stpehen is offline   Reply With Quote