AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-06-13, 23:41   Link #361
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I can concur, you're thinking too much.

I'd experienced my first (and only) eroge around that age and I still turn out to be an exceedingly normal and morally upstanding citizen.
Yeah, and what Chinese raced citizen can't read their own language?

Nar, it's just more of my values on the religious side instead. If you think of me as Frollo from the Hunceback of Notre Dame, it'll be before the state where he fell into lust.

Quote:
If it's not Infinite Stratos, it's going to be something like Infinite Stratos- Authors don't really change their habits.
I'm thinking it's more of a codename or something. 'After School Battlefield'? Hm...
Old 2012-06-13, 23:56   Link #362
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
Yeah, and what Chinese raced citizen can't read their own language?
Hey I can read Chinese, it just hurts my brain when I do... >.> Like using a bad toothbrush on your gums...

Sigh, maybe I should just push ahead and read C3; once I'm done I'll just ask the wholesome folks at Baka-Tsuki for directions >.>

Quote:
Nar, it's just more of my values on the religious side instead. If you think of me as Frollo from the Hunceback of Notre Dame, it'll be before the state where he fell into lust.
Never saw any version of that story... >.>

Quote:
I'm thinking it's more of a codename or something. 'After School Battlefield'? Hm...
Which would fall under "Something like Infinite Stratos" if you ask me... >.>
Old 2012-06-14, 01:11   Link #363
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Lol, my guilt will strike me hard after the one time I accidentally played one game without knowing (I didn't know much Japanese back then in 2008/09 or so). Think it's called 'My girlfriend's the president' or something...still a very conservative Christian here.

At least you aren't as bad as Hikari when she started at 14...or maybe my thinking is too old-fashioned. Maybe I should use ワシは or something like a certain LN character...
I started reading H stuff at 13-14....yet I daresay I'm not like a good majority of real filth who wear the trappings of so called high moral standards yet champion and carry out truly revolting deeds

Oi, Osanajimi is a great game ok....H aside it was funny didn't you agree? Like Nyaruko or Zombie...Ell's so cute. They should have made the spin off vid with RL world leaders into an actual game wwww

I now just pray that HakoMari won't go into hibernation for another agonizingly long time after this....
Old 2012-06-14, 01:38   Link #364
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kunagisa View Post
Kodansha took Yumizuru in. Wait what ... what are you doing Kodansha?!?!

http://twitter.com/mangaohclub/statu...58948921987073
What da ... ?

Quote:
Sounds like another club series ... mah, as long as it gets an anime adaptation and the cute shy type/soft spoken-type/kuudere/loli blonde sister/or whatever girl is voiced by Hanazawa-san, the actual contents doesn't really matter ...
Old 2012-06-14, 01:44   Link #365
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Cmon guys, before the whole fiasco where IS get animated and sales get boosted, izuru was pretty good at meeting deadline(around 1 volume every 3 months). Let's just say, success get to his head. Maybe this whole ordeal will bring him down back to earth.
Old 2012-06-14, 01:49   Link #366
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

You sure he didn't really run out of steam?
Old 2012-06-14, 01:53   Link #367
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

That might also be it, but it coincide exactly with IS getting an anime(writing also went downhill starting that time) so I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.
Old 2012-06-14, 04:40   Link #368
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
I started reading H stuff at 13-14....yet I daresay I'm not like a good majority of real filth who wear the trappings of so called high moral standards yet champion and carry out truly revolting deeds

Oi, Osanajimi is a great game ok....H aside it was funny didn't you agree? Like Nyaruko or Zombie...Ell's so cute. They should have made the spin off vid with RL world leaders into an actual game wwww

I now just pray that HakoMari won't go into hibernation for another agonizingly long time after this....
1st paragraph. I dare say that I'm a Christian, but I can't call myself a role model to anyone because I'm always failing...translating's a form of discipline for me, I guess. (Anymore than this and it'll get pretty personal, so I'll stop here)

2nd paragraph, I only played the trial, and only realized what I got into (I thought it would be like Clannad or something back then...), oh silly me

3rd paragraph, bear comfort in that Haruhi has it worse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuroishinigami View Post
That might also be it, but it coincide exactly with IS getting an anime(writing also went downhill starting that time) so I'll give him the benefit of a doubt.
Well, he's still a relatively young author, there's still time

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
What da ... ?

Sounds like another club series ... mah, as long as it gets an anime adaptation and the cute shy type/soft spoken-type/kuudere/loli blonde sister/or whatever girl is voiced by Hanazawa-san, the actual contents doesn't really matter ...
I'm thinking that it's a codename for IS or something. The main events normally happen after school after all.
Old 2012-06-14, 05:36   Link #369
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Don't think can compare to Seikai no Senki....been waiting for new volume since...Sec 2...wtf...I think it may be dead....I really hope Morioka-sensei didn't decide to kill it.

But it's Hayakawa SF....years long gaps seem normal I suppose...

first para wasn't talking about you just in case....more like society in general...
Old 2012-06-14, 06:55   Link #370
desrtsku
Nympholept

Quote:
I'm thinking that it's a codename for IS or something. The main events normally happen after school after all.
Yeah read that too, in that regard ... I'm eager to say they'll start a "afterschool battlefield club" in the same school or stuffs of that sort (trying to find excuses to force it)
Old 2012-06-14, 07:02   Link #371
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Comfort? More like sadistic humor

Quote:
Well, he's still a relatively young author, there's still time
imo, that only applies if he's changing his writing style... Because lets face it, appealing solely to fans of harems is not exactly a monumental challenge.

While he does also have something for the mecha fans, that's not what it's going to be remembered for.

Quote:
Question; could he still publish his original work under a new publisher? Did MF Bunko give up the license or something?
Old 2012-06-14, 08:34   Link #372
dragon1412

Quote:
Comfort? More like sadistic humor

imo, that only applies if he's changing his writing style... Because lets face it, appealing solely to fans of harems is not exactly a monumental challenge.

While he does also have something for the mecha fans, that's not what it's going to be remembered for.

Question; could he still publish his original work under a new publisher? Did MF Bunko give up the license or something?
yes, he still can publish his original work under a new publisher if :
1. the previous publisher agree to sell/transfer that title to the new publisher( well mostly sell i think)
2. the new publisher want to continue publish that title and that title meet the standard of the new publisher.
3. he himself can continue with that title
about the harem fans, you know that harem indulging otaku are a lot right, if he write a generic harem story, it can guarantee that it will sell but if he go into the other way of writing, he has to compete with other writer who already known for that type of novel, one example is Gosick, while the selling aren't that bad, most people bought it for the romance and victorique rather than the mystery and Gosick is often compared with Kamisama no memochou which with the similar character its have been considered superior to Gosick in both romance and storyline.
Old 2012-06-14, 09:13   Link #373
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
yes, he still can publish his original work under a new publisher if :
1. the previous publisher agree to sell/transfer that title to the new publisher( well mostly sell i think)
2. the new publisher want to continue publish that title and that title meet the standard of the new publisher.
3. he himself can continue with that title
Ahh I suspected that much, thanks for confirming it

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
about the harem fans, you know that harem indulging otaku are a lot right, if he write a generic harem story, it can guarantee that it will sell but if he go into the other way of writing, he has to compete with other writer who already known for that type of novel, one example is Gosick, while the selling aren't that bad, most people bought it for the romance and victorique rather than the mystery and Gosick is often compared with Kamisama no memochou which with the similar character its have been considered superior to Gosick in both romance and storyline.
I didn't mean that he needs to drop the harem completely- God and Aleister knows every single top selling Light Novels has a harem in it. But most of them aren't just straight up harem stories either.

If anything he would be competing with the biggest market if all he has to bring to the table is harem.

He does have his mecha, which is pretty decently detailed from what I've recalled at the start; he should try to focus on that more... I don't recall alot of mecha light novels...

Spoiler for Monologue:
Old 2012-06-14, 20:28   Link #374
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Waltraute-san no Konkatsu Jijo Part/Episode/Chapter/Act 3 is out.

Old 2012-06-14, 20:33   Link #375
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

Wait, waltraute already has more than 1 vol? Or are you talking about translation?
Old 2012-06-14, 20:41   Link #376
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Wait, waltraute already has more than 1 vol? Or are you talking about translation?
See, I don't think it's a volume- Each chapter seems to be published with the Dengeki Magazine every two months... The Japanese Blog I got my info from said it's "第3話".
Old 2012-06-14, 20:56   Link #377
kuroishinigami
Ava courtesy of patchy

I see O_O. I guess it will be something like Dantalian where the chapter release is compiled into volume after enough material is published. It's less taxing to Kamachi and will boost the sales of the magazine, win-win situation to both sides
Old 2012-06-14, 21:15   Link #378
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I see O_O. I guess it will be something like Dantalian where the chapter release is compiled into volume after enough material is published. It's less taxing to Kamachi and will boost the sales of the magazine, win-win situation to both sides
Yeah, plus Waltraute is one of his less taxing stories as well
Old 2012-06-15, 00:17   Link #379
desrtsku
Nympholept

Is it me or the motifs on Loki's shirt look like Accel and Amata's ? O.o
Old 2012-06-15, 01:54   Link #380
Master Assassin
Portable Dude Mk. II
*Artist

Location: All ghillied up spying on someone ~2,000 yards away using telescope sights.
Quote:
Though, it will be quite a pain to wait for enough material to be compiled into a single volume... and it'll be quite a wait.

I just hope the time will come soon

--- This line over here is a placeholder. ----
Closed Thread

Tags
bunko, light novels, manga, new releases