AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Nanoha/Vivid Franchise

Notices

View Poll Results: Vote for your favorite Nanoha StrikerS character
Fate T. Harlaown 222 64.53%
Nanoha Takamachi 164 47.67%
Hayate Yagami 91 26.45%
Signum 101 29.36%
Vita 93 27.03%
Reinforce Zwei 76 22.09%
Lutecia Alpino 32 9.30%
Jail Scaglietti 18 5.23%
Erio Mondial 41 11.92%
Caro Ru Lushe 44 12.79%
Teana Lanster 85 24.71%
Subaru Nakajima 87 25.29%
Ginga Nakajima 53 15.41%
Vivio 84 24.42%
Other 46 13.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 344. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-11-15, 23:37   Link #41
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Favorite characters are
Fate-chan: I have this unrelenting desire to protect her. She looks as cute as possible, and her demeanor compliments her features nicely. Not to mention that she is one of the best friends anyone could ever ask for. She puts their lives infront of her own, while dealing with her own traumatizing life. Never pitying herself or loathing, she bares it all while bringing a smile upon her friends faces. Both loli and Milf Fate are love and win. Including that hawt gothic loli battle suit and scythe she wields as a loli and Milf Feitos Riot Zamber form is....
Suffice to say, she is and will always be my favorite character from any anime.

Nanoha-san: She ofcourse, is also very cute. She doesn't quite reach terminal levels of cuteness like Feito, but she takes a solid place as my #2 favorite character. Her assertiveness and unwillingness to back down from a fight is what seperates her from other generic magical girls.

Vita: MSLN's lovely tsundere. The first season I only mildly liked her, but she really grew on me during Strikers. Wanting to protect Nanoha and willing to sacrifice her life for that very cause, was touching to say the least. Truly a great character which I won't soon forget.

Hayate: Poor Hayate was drastically shafted in Strikers, but that won't stop me from loving her. She wields massive amount of power and has one of the coolest looking battle suits ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghazghkull View Post
I'm just wondering, the rule for no campaigning...does that include Moe-contests? Because there's one that's pitting Yuki VS Fate that's happening tomorrow, so I'm wondering if that in particular is allowed.
The header post is just referring to campaigning for votes in this threads particular character poll. I'm sure that mentioning Feitos match Vs Yuki Nagato tommorow is perfectly fine. I plan on voting for her, ofcourse. I also plan on letting everyone in the Nanoha Image thread know of the match when her match actually arrives. Must support and campaign for mai Goddess Feito-chan.^^

Here is the link for anyone who is interested.
http://moet.anizone.net/index.php?lang=eng

btw, are you ghazzy118 from Youtube?
Old 2007-11-15, 23:46   Link #42
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Demi. View Post
btw, are you ghazzy118 from Youtube?
Actually I am XD
Old 2007-11-15, 23:49   Link #43
Demi.
Ass connoisseur

Quote:
Actually I am XD
ah, well that's ironic. Good to know you took up my offer when I sent you that message and even decided to campaign for her. I'm AlastorYagami from Youtube, the internet sure is a small place.

...to make sure we don't throw this thread off topic, p.m. me if you want to reply.
Old 2007-11-16, 15:19   Link #44
MedliSage
Nanoha Fangirl

Send a message via AIM to MedliSage
My favorite character would have to be Nanoha, of course. xD; I just love her personality and her kick butt battle skills... it's true, she is a god.

I also put down Lutecia (though I've very upset we didn't get to see more development in her, I had such high hopes) and Vivio, for her unfathomable cuteness.

Now after voting, I realize I should have voted "other," Fate, and Vita. Since I love them, too. The other's for Agito, of course! :3 Vita's determination to protect Nanoha and Fate's kick butt Riot Zanber were just all win. And then Graf Eisen with DESCTRUCTION MODE! I was like omgwtf (in a good way).
Old 2007-11-17, 01:38   Link #45
ghazghkull
The Dang-meister

Send a message via MSN to ghazghkull Send a message via Yahoo to ghazghkull
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedliSage View Post
And then Graf Eisen with DESCTRUCTION MODE! I was like omgwtf (in a good way).
It's spelled Destruction Mode, and a few of my friends (figuratively) cummed in their pants when they saw it XD

Although mind you, all they saw was Graf Eisen transforming into that form XD
Old 2007-11-17, 12:56   Link #46
Kaithas
The Blue Mage

Well, my favorite character would definitely have to be Hayate. I really wish she got more screen time, especially since she didn't get much of a chance in A's until the end, but I can understand that they wanted to focus more on the new forwards. She's such a nice and caring person though, especially with the Wolkenritter in A's and then about Division Six. She really...reminds me of someone I'm close to.

Nanoha and Fate are really cool too, they do a very good job of taking care of the forwards and in A's trying to make friends with the Wolkenritter. Of course they started the whole series too, so can't forget that. xP
Nanoha also reminds me of a really great friend of mine. =D

Of my favorite people in StrikerS, it'd be Subaru at the later part of the series. She was kind of like, naive at first but she had some really good character development later to being able to go up against Ginga.

I dunno, it was hard to choose people after Hayate since they're all really cool for different reasons.

Last edited by Kaithas; 2007-11-17 at 13:10.
Old 2007-11-19, 07:28   Link #47
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Yes. Hayate's time that appear in this series is much too short especially for the actions. Not too much actions for her in this series.

But glad that I like it.

Fate is my favourite. No matter what. But I like this series also. Though not much better than the previous two. But it lead me to watch back the the two previous series.
Old 2007-11-20, 00:29   Link #48
narmi
The Asian who's Malaysian

Quote:
It's spelled Destruction Mode, and a few of my friends (figuratively) cummed in their pants when they saw it XD

Although mind you, all they saw was Graf Eisen transforming into that form XD
Lol, I jumped out of my seat when I saw Fate in her new Sonic Form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post
Yes. Hayate's time that appear in this series is much too short especially for the actions. Not too much actions for her in this series.

But glad that I like it.

Fate is my favourite. No matter what. But I like this series also. Though not much better than the previous two. But it lead me to watch back the the two previous series.
I too was dissapointed with the lack of show time for Hayate. For me I love Fate, Nanoha and Signum but this season since there were new characters. I voted for Subaru alone because she reminds me of myself .

http://www.nanofate.us/ NanoFate main website Weiss Schwarz Facebook Group - Deck theme: MSLN Nanoha
Old 2007-11-20, 07:39   Link #49
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Oh yes, Fate with her new sonic form Really makes me fall off the chair. The insertion of the song makes it more amazing..... Really like that new outfit.
Old 2007-11-26, 10:49   Link #50
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaithas View Post
Well, my favorite character would definitely have to be Hayate. I really wish she got more screen time, especially since she didn't get much of a chance in A's until the end, but I can understand that they wanted to focus more on the new forwards. She's such a nice and caring person though, especially with the Wolkenritter in A's and then about Division Six. She really...reminds me of someone I'm close to.
She not only didn't get screen time, she is remembered mostly for Character Assassination screen time. I should hope that someone you mention is not like Hayate as of StrikerS, or actually a few years leading up to StrikerS...

Frankly if they just didn't want to invest time in her they shouldn't have made her show up. It is perfectly possible, given her present position in the Nanoverse to be like Chrono, far, far away. Negative screen time does not please anyone.
Old 2007-11-26, 18:34   Link #51
Mirificus

Quote:
Originally Posted by arkhangelsk View Post
She not only didn't get screen time, she is remembered mostly for Character Assassination screen time. I should hope that someone you mention is not like Hayate as of StrikerS, or actually a few years leading up to StrikerS...
What happened to Hayate in the years leading up to Strikers?

Quote:
Frankly if they just didn't want to invest time in her they shouldn't have made her show up. It is perfectly possible, given her present position in the Nanoverse to be like Chrono, far, far away. Negative screen time does not please anyone.
To be fair, they did invest enough time to finish off their hatchet job. There really isn't any chance of rehabilitation without retconning all of Strikers.
Old 2007-11-26, 19:08   Link #52
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
What happened to Hayate in the years leading up to Strikers?
Not mentioned officially, but a veteran officer's performance is largely due to years of preparation, or lack thereof. Hayate's performance in StrikerS strongly implies she has failed completely to prepare in almost every respect for at least several years leading up to her commanding RF6, very likely even leading all the way back to her first day as an officer.

A good officer takes talent. A mediocre officer is effort. Hayate's performance is below mediocre. What does that say about Hayate.

As I once told Chaos, a person's or organization's chosen tactics onscreen reflect their values and competence. Thus, while people are used to giving slack to anime characters, horrible tactics is tantamount to character assassination.
Old 2007-11-26, 19:55   Link #53
Mirificus

Quote:
Not mentioned officially, but a veteran officer's performance is largely due to years of preparation, or lack thereof. Hayate's performance in StrikerS strongly implies she has failed completely to prepare in almost every respect for at least several years leading up to her commanding RF6, very likely even leading all the way back to her first day as an officer.

A good officer takes talent. A mediocre officer is effort. Hayate's performance is below mediocre. What does that say about Hayate.

As I once told Chaos, a person's or organization's chosen tactics onscreen reflect their values and competence.
I agree with that completely. I've echoed similar thoughts in other threads. In Hayate's case, I would say that she has suffered from character assassination, as the negative portrayal is consistent, doesn't fit well with past portrayal and is clearly deliberate.

Quote:
Thus, while people are used to giving slack to anime characters, horrible tactics is tantamount to character assassination.
I think that is going a bit far. There should be evidence of intent and malice on the writer's part before coming to that conclusion. Otherwise there is nothing to distinguish it from simple bad writing.

Take Nanoha for example. The writers seem to want to portray her as a great instructor, officer and tactician but all they've provided towards that end is hearsay. In Strikers, what I've actually seen on screen from Nanoha is a lot of poor leadership and tactics, where they exist at all, and the negative results of her instruction. Simple suspension of disbelief would lead me to conclude that Nanoha is a mediocre officer and trainer.

Has Nanoha had her character assassinated?

Last edited by Mirificus; 2007-11-26 at 20:07.
Old 2007-11-27, 00:34   Link #54
arkhangelsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirificus View Post
I agree with that completely. I've echoed similar thoughts in other threads. In Hayate's case, I would say that she has suffered from character assassination, as the negative portrayal is consistent, doesn't fit well with past portrayal and is clearly deliberate.

I think that is going a bit far. There should be evidence of intent and malice on the writer's part before coming to that conclusion. Otherwise there is nothing to distinguish it from simple bad writing.

Take Nanoha for example. The writers seem to want to portray her as a great instructor, officer and tactician but all they've provided towards that end is hearsay. In Strikers, what I've actually seen on screen from Nanoha is a lot of poor leadership and tactics, where they exist at all, and the negative results of her instruction. Simple suspension of disbelief would lead me to conclude that Nanoha is a mediocre officer and trainer.

Has Nanoha had her character assassinated?
As I said, because we understand that 1) anime producers are not (famous general here) reincarnate and 2) SoDwise, there may be some obscure factors affecting tactics that we don't know about, we tend to give their characters great slack before we jump to the Incompetent / Character Assassination conclusion. It is definitely an unhappy conclusion no one wants to make.

By your standard, you can't even say they character assassinated Hayate, since they did seem to want to portray her as a good, though budding (which is still wrong when one considers this is her 10th year in the paramilitary) commander - the fact that they kept portraying the inverse from about Ep7 on notwithstanding. Yet we both agree it is character assassination.

Spoiler for Enjoy the Length and Stiltedness:
Conclusion: Nanoha was (mostly) not character-assassinated. Nanoha knows that she's not a very good commander or investigator - in fact she says she doesn't have a lot of "special talents" (tokugi) in the pre Striker-S Sound Stage M, to the instant protest of her friends but in retrospect Nanoha knows herself better than the other two know themselves. That she did not succeed brilliantly when pushed out of her limitations and experience, which she is at least partially aware of (I like to think of that as one of the reasons she refused the promotion to 3rd Air Commander), is not exactly character assassination, but arguably character development (the addition of character flaws or limitations is not necessary an assassination).
Old 2007-11-27, 10:03   Link #55
Mirificus

Quote:
As I said, because we understand that 1) anime producers are not (famous general here) reincarnate and 2) SoDwise, there may be some obscure factors affecting tactics that we don't know about, we tend to give their characters great slack before we jump to the Incompetent / Character Assassination conclusion. It is definitely an unhappy conclusion no one wants to make.

By your standard, you can't even say they character assassinated Hayate, since they did seem to want to portray her as a good, though budding (which is still wrong when one considers this is her 10th year in the paramilitary) commander - the fact that they kept portraying the inverse from about Ep7 on notwithstanding. Yet we both agree it is character assassination.
That would make sense if their intent remained static but it hasn't. By a certain stage, it becomes clear that their intent is to portray her in a negative manner (when she shows up at all), inconsistent with her earlier portrayal. The malice becomes apparent because not only is the portrayal consistently negative, much of it conflicts with earlier treatment of the character. Episode 7 onwards is more than 3/4 of the episodes.

The manga makes Hayate look even worse. Contrary to her previous work ethic, it establishes her complete dismissal of close combat and physical training. The only time the writers have broken from that pattern is when Hayate is fighting inside the Cradle. Even then, she is only able to fight with Reinforce's help and then they end up becoming two extra bodies to rescue.

Quote:
Spoiler for Enjoy the Length and Stiltedness:
Conclusion: Nanoha was (mostly) not character-assassinated. Nanoha knows that she's not a very good commander or investigator - in fact she says she doesn't have a lot of "special talents" (tokugi) in the pre Striker-S Sound Stage M, to the instant protest of her friends but in retrospect Nanoha knows herself better than the other two know themselves. That she did not succeed brilliantly when pushed out of her limitations and experience, which she is at least partially aware of (I like to think of that as one of the reasons she refused the promotion to 3rd Air Commander), is not exactly character assassination, but arguably character development
What does "mostly not character assassinated mean"?

Quote:
(the addition of character flaws or limitations is not necessary an assassination).
Of course. That is why it is important to establish intent and malice.
Old 2007-12-05, 03:14   Link #56
Evil Rick
Black Dragon
*Graphic Designer

Hi every body, my name is Evil Rick and I am new here (This is the first foro I belong. How exiting!)
Errr... you will have to escuse my english, I am mexican so it isn't very good. Ja, ja, ja!!

Well, well let's see, my favorite characters from Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha Series, that's easy.
Vita!!! She is so cute and so rudness tath I just can't ignore here, is like say"Hey! I have a pretty face but spoildme and I Gonna kick your but!" Oh! yeha, also I like Fate, Nanoha, Vivio and the cyberbots Nš 5 & 10... but I like more Vita!

Thank's and seeyou soon!!!
Old 2007-12-07, 13:30   Link #57
EternalNite
Devil Of The Nite

Send a message via MSN to EternalNite
Nanoha,Fate,Hayate,Vivio,Vita,Signum,Erio,Caro,Sub aru,Teena,Ginga,Rein

Will tt b ok??!
Old 2008-01-04, 20:15   Link #58
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Most fav. character:

Vita Yagami - for what she did on episode 25 of StrikerS.

Others:

Fate Harlaown
Lutecia Alpino
Jail Scaglietti
Old 2008-01-08, 23:05   Link #59
Chi-no
Light & Dark User

Quote:
Originally Posted by -boiledliddo- View Post
Most fav. character:

Vita Yagami - for what she did on episode 25 of StrikerS.

Others:

Fate Harlaown
Lutecia Alpino
Jail Scaglietti
I sense another Vita supporter....

I kind of like her when she appeared in A's.... Even though she seems rational at times, but kinda cute little girl.... And the VA is one of my favourite too.... Nice Combination. Yeah !
Old 2008-01-09, 06:17   Link #60
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-no View Post
I sense another Vita supporter....

I kind of like her when she appeared in A's.... Even though she seems rational at times, but kinda cute little girl.... And the VA is one of my favourite too.... Nice Combination. Yeah !
You're not mistaken.

I won't forget her expression in A's when Hayate bought the rabbit stuffed toy for her.
Even though Vita is a warrior, she's still a little girl deep inside. So cute. ^-^
Closed Thread