AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2006-06-21, 00:11   Link #1
OtakuCat89

Send a message via AIM to OtakuCat89 Send a message via MSN to OtakuCat89 Send a message via Yahoo to OtakuCat89
My Dear Marie (Manga)

After watching the 3 OVAs of the manga. I have become interested. Sadly this manga was never translated to the US so in therefore. I cannot read it. However would anyone happen to have a fan translation avaible on a torrent?

Thank you.
OtakuCat89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 00:20   Link #2
jedinat

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=658

Scanlations for the manga exist (the first volume at least, others aren't scanlated yet)

But you're not supposed to ask for downloads here... This thread will prolly be deleted?

You might want to check out the Video Girl Ai manga, or even Chobits or something. They are kind of similar.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-21, 00:23   Link #3
OtakuCat89

Send a message via AIM to OtakuCat89 Send a message via MSN to OtakuCat89 Send a message via Yahoo to OtakuCat89
Darn sorry D:

I was looking for a request thread. But All I found was a resharing request ._.
Old 2006-06-21, 00:26   Link #4
jedinat

Yeah, there aren't any forums here for download requests.

Just google it a bit, or check out the irc channels of the scanlators.
There are a few direct dl manga forums around too.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-06-23, 02:17   Link #5
OtakuCat89

alright Iam not sure if its a good idea to post here again but after trying for 3 1/2 hours to get this manga from mangaprojects freaking IRC download. I have given up and searched somewhere else because honestly...Is it that hard to set up a download at rapidshare and / or Gigashare? The people at Ezmanga do it like it doesnt even mean something seriously.

Their IRC group wasnt any help. The only help they gave me was criticism. One tried to help but all he was give me a webpage that had everything on it..only in black font...and black backround I highlighted it but didnt understand anything T_T
Old 2006-06-23, 06:22   Link #6
Sakaki
Watakushi wa heiki desu!

Send a message via AIM to Sakaki
I was interested in this too, Marie was one of my earlier favorites in anime. I really enjoyed the anime, but the show just stopped short of the story, so I always kind of wanted to finish it. So the I looked into the above site, but when I saw they didn't have the older parts available other than IRC, I figured I'd give it a miss. But I still wouldn't mind seeing them.
Sakaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-01, 21:59   Link #7
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

I don't know who's translating it but THANK YOU For bringing it up to Chapter 23 so far.

I always liked Hibiki from the Anime.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-17, 06:17   Link #8
rpapo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
I don't know who's translating it but THANK YOU For bringing it up to Chapter 23 so far.

I always liked Hibiki from the Anime.
The translator is me... Anyway, I picked up the raws several years ago to try and read them in Japanese. I wasn't up to the task yet, so I set them aside. Later, as I got better at translating (a many year quest, that...) I got roped into helping with some scanlations (Evergreen, Golden Time). Every now and then I would check to see if there was interest in doing Boku no Marie. There wasn't.

Fast forward to last fall. Out of frustration with the Photoshoppers, I got myself a copy to learn how to use it, and hopefully expedite things with the various series I was working on. I used Boku no Marie as a guinea pig, in part because of interest, in part because the public raws seemed to be so bad (as a challenge to myself).

Things haven't turned out too bad, and the series has steadily risen in my priority list. I even managed to find a boxed set of the original tankobons for reference (though I am still using the public raws for scanlation).

Regarding Hibiki, though, I think we have seen the last of her. She might appear later, but I don't remember having seen her later in my review of the story.

Last edited by rpapo; 2014-06-17 at 06:32.
rpapo is offline   Reply With Quote