AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2011-06-13, 11:34   Link #1341
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well I knew it wasn't looking good for Sabo when he went out like that. We know what kind of guys are on that ship to begin with and Sabo decided that putting up a pirates flag was a good idea. Sure he might only be a kid but still....

I wouldn't be surprised if he turns up alive somewhere and has the major impact of giving Luffy a brother that still exists in this world. If not than it just hits harder how much Luffy has lost to this point .2 brothers going down at different times and not being able to do anything about it.

But on the positive side seems like we're almost through this flashback arc. Has been good to fill in gaps, but I've been ready to get back into the present for some time
Old 2011-06-13, 19:10   Link #1342
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow got to see Dragon, Ivan, and Kuma when hey were just starting out was a nice treat. Wonder how long Dadan and Ace have been missing. Loved how she came to the rescue and deflected that bullet. Really feel for Sabo. Good planning by him to finally just leave. First i thought he would crash his ship, but not surprised that the CD shot his boat. Hopefully he survives.
Old 2011-06-19, 22:58   Link #1343
Maxtro

What a bummer this arc turned out to be.

Ace: "I'll never die!" yeah...
Maxtro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-20, 13:04   Link #1344
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Some progress made in the last episode. Got to see a bit more about what happened to Sabo and if that guy is alive it'd be pretty shocking. Dadan and Ace get back, and the date Ace and Luffy will set sail is determined (their 17th birthdays).

Doesn't seem like this will be much longer besides an episode or so for training and showing Ace and Luffy growing up. Might end it with the day that Ace sets off to sea ahead of Luffy.
Old 2011-06-21, 05:35   Link #1345
Demonicpoodle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Ah, so it is cannon. I definitely had my doubts.

Right now Sabo feels very much like a filler character because he doesn't affect the plot in any way. So far he's just a new friend who was created just to be in a few episodes then is never seen again.

Though if he isn't dead and actually shows up in the "present day" episodes, then I'll change my view of him.

I'm still waiting for him to end a phrase with dattebayo.
Could you name some more of those filler characters please ^^? Oh and what's the plot of One Piece?

503 was fantastic, can't wait for 504.
Demonicpoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-21, 05:37   Link #1346
Kuroi Hadou
Dark Energy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonicpoodle View Post
Oh and what's the plot of One Piece
Wh-what?
Old 2011-06-23, 05:07   Link #1347
Kallen4life

thank heaven this is almost over, we'll get some real action soon
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-24, 07:37   Link #1348
Sylky

^ yeah i agree kinda want to see the crew again especially Usopp as hes now fat >.> and needs to slim down a little XD
Sylky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 04:14   Link #1349
Jaieni

So episode 504,
Spoiler for ep 504:
Jaieni is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 09:13   Link #1350
karumofin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
So episode 504,
Spoiler for ep 504:
Spoiler for 504:
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-26, 11:12   Link #1351
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
Spoiler for 504:
Amnesia obviously.

Good final episode to end the flashback.
Next episode will be cool. Looks like WB & Aces funeral next episode
MihawkXGP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 02:15   Link #1352
Undertaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaieni View Post
So episode 504,
Spoiler for ep 504:
The scene is in the manga but without specific mention of going to check on Tenryubito ceremony. However the manga did also imply that Zoro's dojo supplied ration for Dragon's crew.
Old 2011-06-27, 11:07   Link #1353
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Well definitely making it clear that Sabo was rescued by Dragon. Though considering how seriously injured he was it should be interesting to see him in the present. He'd either have to be disabled in some way or have amnesia to not go after Ace when he saw the paper.

Was fun to see Dadan bawling when getting Ace's message and listening to Luffy's goodbye. They really were like family to her and can imagine the news about Ace will hit her really hard.

Still good that we are getting back to the present and can start moving ahead now.
Old 2011-06-27, 19:04   Link #1354
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Wow so Sabo is alive. Nice to see little Zoro for a bit. Liked how Dadan was crying when Ace and Luffy left, she grew on me. Nice little payback to start his journey like that. So he said he wanted a crew of 10, so hopefully we'll b getting a new crew member soon. Enjoyed the flashback but happy we're back to the present. I guess with his statement he's going to go through some serious training.
Old 2011-06-27, 19:22   Link #1355
PixelCreek
I voted Bayonetta

It'd be cool if Dragon had mind erasing powers. Perhaps there's another reason why they showed Zoro's old village. Dragon could have used a mind erasing power on Sabo and then maybe even used it on Kuina from Zoro's home town and faked her death. Maybe Dragon got Kuina to work from "within" the marines ^^ That'd be so awesome.
PixelCreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 02:50   Link #1356
Kallen4life

well it was SO NICE to see the original happy-go-lucky 17 y.o. Luffy

now ONWARDS TO THE NEW WORLD
We are Blackwatch
We are the last line of defense
We will burn our own to hold the red line, it is the last line to ever hold

Last edited by Kallen4life; 2011-06-29 at 11:37.
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 06:40   Link #1357
Pwnago
Unforgivable Sin

Wow.. I liked the flash back. They were pretty good, better than most flash backs in other animes in my opinion. But now it's going to be GOOD! Luffy and the Crew are going to New World Woop!
Pwnago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 07:09   Link #1358
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxtro View Post
Ah, so it is cannon. I definitely had my doubts.

Right now Sabo feels very much like a filler character because he doesn't affect the plot in any way. So far he's just a new friend who was created just to be in a few episodes then is never seen again.

Though if he isn't dead and actually shows up in the "present day" episodes, then I'll change my view of him.

I'm still waiting for him to end a phrase with dattebayo.
hmmm... if there's anything i learned from oda's writing style is to never take anything for granted. he usually doesn't waste a lot of characters. he often recycles them by finding them new roles to play. and when he introduces a new character or a new idea, there's usually a very good reason for it.

if sabo is really alive, i have two questions. one, why didn't he try to come after ace when he was arrested and sentenced to die? two, would takeuchi junko also voice his older self? i would welcome junko aboard, it would be nice to hear naruto's voice next to luffy's. ichigo's seiyuu will surely return as marco. it would be nice to have the big 3 seiyuu come together in one series. lol
Old 2011-07-02, 02:32   Link #1359
Watashi no Saki
Saki wa suki desu yo~

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelCreek View Post
It'd be cool if Dragon had mind erasing powers. Perhaps there's another reason why they showed Zoro's old village. Dragon could have used a mind erasing power on Sabo and then maybe even used it on Kuina from Zoro's home town and faked her death. Maybe Dragon got Kuina to work from "within" the marines ^^ That'd be so awesome.
Wow that's a nice speculation.

But I still believe that Dragon got the power to control storms. Because of the incident in the Logue town way back then, when Luffy almost got executed and saved by the thunder strike, and the storm helped them to escape the ruckus. People may think it was simply because of miracles or Luffy is loved by the God, but I thought it's possible that it was Dragon's doing. Considering he's the most wanted criminal in the world, I don't think that kind of awesome power is exaggerating.
Watashi no Saki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-07-02, 08:08   Link #1360
karumofin

I believe that controlling storms is done with an ancient weapon and more over, the same ancient weapon that Roger used to control storms.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote