AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2008-12-30, 05:40   Link #21
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Is amazing work for a fan-made product, semi-professional. I really like it.
I expect episode 2 will be released at the end of 2009.
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 05:40   Link #22
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
True, but she might still have found a way to sneak away and stalk Marisa.
Although it's definetely more likely to be Alice (or atleast I hope so).

It is funnier to portray her as a stalker, or a tsundere with stalker tendencies. Or crack paired with the crazy green hair flower freak.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 06:16   Link #23
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fnights View Post
Is amazing work for a fan-made product, semi-professional. I really like it.
I expect episode 2 will be released at the end of 2009.
Actually I'm hoping for a summer release, although it's unlikely unless Tokine gets some people to help him out (he's basically done almost everything on his own)...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Somehow I have a feeling KyoAni won't work. Can't point out why, just my feeling. SHAFT maybe a best, consider Touhou is as silly as SHAFT's recently project, but Shinbo style is something I must reconsider when it comes with Touhou.
Kyo-Ani? nah, I get the feeling that if Touhou was handed to them we'd get a sarcastic Reimu, a Haruhi-like Marisa, a :3-like Aya...

ugh. No, please no.

Shaft could do it, but I also fear they might go overboard as usual with their style and flair. Although it would still suit Touhou.

If anything, I think ex-KyoAni Yutaka Yamamoto and the A-1 Pictures' staff could do a good job with a Touhou anime. It could work well as a slice-of-life OVA. (well, actually this fan-made rendition IS a slice-of-life OVA... )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
It is funnier to portray her as a stalker, or a tsundere with stalker tendencies. Or crack paired with the crazy green hair flower freak.
Yuka..
Yandere Alice would be absolutely badass, but in this adaptation I think that the usual tsundere/stalker Alice would better fit.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 06:25   Link #24
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
If anything, I think ex-KyoAni Yutaka Yamamoto and the A-1 Pictures' staff could do a good job with a Touhou anime. It could work well as a slice-of-life OVA. (well, actually this fan-made rendition IS a slice-of-life OVA... )
We still need awesome animation for the "usual activities" that always happens in Gensokyo's daily life, though . Honestly, I don't feel the whole Reimu's going to hell is any different than her usual slice-of-life. It's either too peaceful or too ridiculous.

I admit that I also want too see KyoAni handle a danmaku battle. Or Bone?
Old 2008-12-30, 06:38   Link #25
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
A string of several Key adaptations tends to warp our perception of the studio. However, KyoAni have shown to be able to handle battle scenes, in Haruhi episode 10 (Asakura vs Nagato), Full Metal Panic and Munto the OAV. But, if I am judging from Clannad and L*S, they are still a learning studio especially in the pacing department. They have the gift, what I would call the X factor, for moé and battle scenes, but they have yet to perfect the sum of all parts. I am wishing all the good for them when they'll come to the Munto remake to prove the nay-sayers wrong, to an extent.

The reason I am putting Shaft as top choice was their ability to manage EPIC sized casts, do their very best with a given budget and their visual tricks may prove to be very useful in the animation of danmaku battles (like Yukari's gaps).
Old 2008-12-30, 06:55   Link #26
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
The reason I am putting Shaft as top choice was their ability to manage EPIC sized casts, do their very best with a given budget and their visual tricks may prove to be very useful in the animation of danmaku battles (like Yukari's gaps).
More reasons for SHAFT to do this project ;(
Too bad ZUN won't let it. . ;_;

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 06:59   Link #27
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyvedelta View Post
More reasons for SHAFT to do this project ;(
Too bad ZUN won't let it. . ;_;
Nah, let's not bring that discussion up once again. The man has his reason, and I sympathize with him.

Well, if they somehow manage to convince ZUN that they won't actually hurt any original concept or character's relationship with their anime, then I think he will give a chance.
Old 2008-12-30, 07:07   Link #28
herbert

I don't think it's really characters' relationship or such, it's more of copyright issue. I mean, if ZUN doesn't want anime mess up plot or relationship, he can easily offer them to animate official manga's or novel. Silent Sinner in Blue has plot, Eastern and Little Nature Deity and Curiosities of Lotus Asia are fit for slice of life shows.
Old 2008-12-30, 07:31   Link #29
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

As far as I know, his main concern is he doesn't want anyone to become Touhou fan without a bit knowledge about the game. Of course that's not always the case, since I know someone that has become Touhou's fan through the "Marisa stole precious thing" flash, but I also see people who claim they are Touhou fan without knowing where does Touhou come from, or what's it. He worries about that if it became anime, there will be a lot of ignorant people think the anime is original, and ZUN's game is "doujin game".

As you see, the doujin world can do whatever they want because, well, it's doujin. However, as soon as one of them appear on the "official" anime, people will believe it's official, and that's not what ZUN want, I believe.
Old 2008-12-30, 07:40   Link #30
Clarste
Human

Quote:
On the other hand Marisa's personality felt off, in my opinion. Her VA is fine, but she sounded lazier/annoyed than I was expecting her to be. Although she talks like a male and speaks unpolitely, I was expecting her to be a little more genki, a little more energetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
Overall the anime is very good, but where is my worst robber/thief? Marisa in this one looks so helpless, like a really nice girl gotten messed up by her bad buddies...
They seem to have flipped her role around, from the crazy eccentric person who everyone reacts to to the the "normal" reactor who's being caught up in the craziness. She's on the wrong side of the jokes.

I mean, this is the character who investigates phenomenon that she has nothing to do with because she's bored, decides to loot peoples' houses because she's there, and says the weirdest things to people ("Surrender the humans!")... It's really a strange decision to give her the role she has in this anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by asrielchase View Post
Sakuya is the one that bothers me slightly though. My head was screaming "Maria-san!!" everytime she speaks.
Yeah, Sakuya was weird here too. It's like the writer just took "maid" as her only character trait and ignored everything else about her. Her arrogant confidence, the way you can't tell if she's an airhead, playing dumb or just mocking everyone else at all times, the serial killer theme and her ominous grins... Ah Sakuya, how I've missed thee. To reduce her to "maid" is so saddening. Or am I overreading her?

Then again, plenty of doujins reinterpret the characters in various ways, some interestingly, some less so; there's no need to get too worked up over this one. On the other hand, it's anime, so I guess that makes it more important? Well, it might for cementing an image in the public consciousness. Then again, everyone who watches this is probably a touhou fan in the first place... Except for the foreign audience who'll download it from a generic "fansub" site without necessarily knowing what it is... Hmm... Interesting.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 07:57   Link #31
Sheba
I Miss NEET Life

Regarding the doujin scene, ZUN's stance could be summed up as "I let you borrow my setting and my characters, you can do whatever you want with it. In the end, it is not canon, and you should remind your customers about it when you sell your work."

This can explain why the community and him have worked so well together. Artists can interpret the characters how they want, in a very broad variety. Alice can be the tsundere, the stalker, the yandere, the one who is always ignored, or the master of the unwanted harem. Sakuya can be the badass, the mysterious maid, insecure about her bust size, a closet lolicon (for the Scarlet Sisters), or engaged in a love-hate relationship with Meling. Reimu can be the slacker, John McClane (the normal and level-headed girl who is the wrong girl in the wrong place at the wrong time), the badass (like in Tohonifun) or Queen Bitch of Gensokyo. Marisa can be the kleptomaniac, the one who always start fun, and the harem master who indeed stole her haremettes' precious thing.
Old 2008-12-30, 08:24   Link #32
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
eah, Sakuya was weird here too. It's like the writer just took "maid" as her only character trait and ignored everything else about her. Her arrogant confidence, the way you can't tell if she's an airhead, playing dumb or just mocking everyone else at all times, the serial killer theme and her ominous grins... Ah Sakuya, how I've missed thee. To reduce her to "maid" is so saddening. Or am I overreading her?
It's just how you perceive her personality. For me, she's a bit air-headed but elegant. While she has her sadism, she showed it with her elegant style. . . I think the anime conceived it pretty well

Btw, was the shadow that 'stalked' Marisa in the first ten minutes is. . . Alice ?

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 08:51   Link #33
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

I just downloaded the video from the torrent posted on the first post.

Here's an advice:
DON"T DOWNLOAD IT!

The reason:
It's got subs, fake subs! It's not the real subs that came with the anime! Seriously, don't download it unless you watch to some laughable joke fake subs. (Which includes jokes about ZUN)
Old 2008-12-30, 09:55   Link #34
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
I just downloaded the video from the torrent posted on the first post.

Here's an advice:
DON"T DOWNLOAD IT!

The reason:
It's got subs, fake subs! It's not the real subs that came with the anime! Seriously, don't download it unless you watch to some laughable joke fake subs. (Which includes jokes about ZUN)
There's one with regular subs as well.
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 16:13   Link #35
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Quote:
Actually I'm hoping for a summer release, although it's unlikely unless Tokine gets some people to help him out (he's basically done almost everything on his own)...
Omfg, only a guy work on it? Ben fatto! Bravo! This Tokine really do a great work, is a genius.
I hope more people help him for the next episodes. O_o
Fnights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-30, 18:29   Link #36
herbert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarste View Post
Yeah, Sakuya was weird here too. It's like the writer just took "maid" as her only character trait and ignored everything else about her. Her arrogant confidence, the way you can't tell if she's an airhead, playing dumb or just mocking everyone else at all times, the serial killer theme and her ominous grins... Ah Sakuya, how I've missed thee. To reduce her to "maid" is so saddening. Or am I overreading her?

Then again, plenty of doujins reinterpret the characters in various ways, some interestingly, some less so; there's no need to get too worked up over this one. On the other hand, it's anime, so I guess that makes it more important? Well, it might for cementing an image in the public consciousness. Then again, everyone who watches this is probably a touhou fan in the first place... Except for the foreign audience who'll download it from a generic "fansub" site without necessarily knowing what it is... Hmm... Interesting.
I believe it's more of anyone having many faces. Sakuya is around her lady vampire (not that nameless gatekeeper), of course she is gentle. Unless you expect a pedophilian from the head maid, it's nothing wrong with her current attitude.
Old 2008-12-30, 20:09   Link #37
Clarste
Human

Quote:
I believe it's more of anyone having many faces. Sakuya is around her lady vampire (not that nameless gatekeeper), of course she is gentle. Unless you expect a pedophilian from the head maid, it's nothing wrong with her current attitude.
If you pay attention to IN, where Sakuya is accompanying Remilia the whole time, she's not really gentle at all. She's always politely suggesting things and correcting Remilia's behavior. If she's going to be reduced to an archtype, "chief maid" is far more correct than merely "maid." She's a servant, but she's the servant in charge, who thinks she knows what's best. Not exactly subservient.
Clarste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 09:53   Link #38
Ichihara Asako
Horoist

Quote:
Some avi: I have nothing against the maid, just couldn't find suitable avi material.

Yoink. ^^
Ichihara Asako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 11:22   Link #39
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Found this interesting video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnoY0670uRM

I wonder why they didn't use this version for the anime?

Last edited by MrTerrorist; 2008-12-31 at 15:30. Reason: Change into link
MrTerrorist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-31, 13:00   Link #40
The Chaos
ǾΝΈ ΡЇΈÇΈ is the Best !!

wow..I didn't know that fan-made but It Good to have Touhou anime ...I liked the first ep..finally I got to know every character in it ^_^

I Love the ending Song ,...anyone know about it Name ?